[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on fanservice-y covers /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: JDM.png (3MB, 1002x1518px) Image search: [Google]
JDM.png
3MB, 1002x1518px
What's your opinion on fanservice-y covers /co/?
>>
Good.
>>
>>94279402
Bad.
>>
>>94279430
And The Ugly.
>>
>>94279164
really highlights how the majority of fans don't care about good story and just want explosions and boobs
>>
File: 019.jpg (73KB, 529x313px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
73KB, 529x313px
>>94279164
The words "Judge Dredd" drew me to the thread before I even realized the cover was supposed to be fan servicey. So, uh, neutral I guess?
>>
File: Dredd.jpg-large.jpg (252KB, 1024x1381px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg-large.jpg
252KB, 1024x1381px
>>94279632
That just means the biggest fan service for you is Judge Dredd. And who could blame you?
>>
File: Call-Me-Pol.png (53KB, 255x232px) Image search: [Google]
Call-Me-Pol.png
53KB, 255x232px
>>94279711
Actually, that's a very good point. Fan service doesn't mean just sexy ladies. Toss Dredd on the cover and I'll at least look at the book. So I guess I like fanservice then, since I know the book is pandering to me at a glance. If it was just a black cover with the title, for instance, I'd have to poke through and try to decide on its own merits.
>>
>>94279711

top kek eternal anglo wet dream of Fascist rule by chosen and trained ones.
>>
>>94279557
That cover is from like 1994. JDM has been sold about three times since then due to low sales, and started new volumes - relaunched - so many times I don't even know what they're on. I think it's seven.

>>94279632
The trick is, JDM (and 2000AD) tend to go for these kind of not-particularly-titillating covers to advertise stories that are most definitely not fanservicey at all.

I mean, it's not that they shy away from nudity or implied nudity, or adult themes generally (the ongoing Judge Dredd storylines are generally referential to the current state of UK/global politics), it's that they don't focus on it the way that US titles do. If you don't count dat sweet uniformed Judge ass, that is. Even back in the 90s they only did it because they were desperate for sales, which long term it did not generate for them.

>>94279164
I think in a sales setting like a UK newsagent where 2000AD/JDM are sold, they're as likely to drive away potential customers as attract new ones. It would be like US comics going back on drugstore racks and leading with a DC relaunch about brand-new, no-holds-barred, gritty villain The Rapest. Sure, you'd get publicity, and you'd get sales, but you'd also cement the idea of your brand as being for teenage boys who probably won't even make it home before they jerk off to the cover and sad old men who don't really like comics and just buy/defend them out of habit, no matter how terrible they really are.
>>
>>94279769
I knew Americans were bad at satire but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>94279812
I've been reading the earlier runs of the Megazines and man they're really hit and miss. I started reading the physical copies when they were running regular Charlie's War/Darkie's Mob/Fiends on the Eastern Front reprints and you're almost glad of that kicking in if you start from earlier.

I feel like current JDM is maybe the golden age of it?

And Avatar Press currently maintained a line/imprint just like the one in your last paragraph IIRC.
>>
>>94279711
>>94279164
any cover drawn by Bolland is a-ok by me.
>>
>>94279164
>even in the future, bong girls are sluts
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.