[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the show go far enough?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7

File: purpleman.jpg (253KB, 953x550px) Image search: [Google]
purpleman.jpg
253KB, 953x550px
Did the show go far enough?
>>
>>94276885
In a fetish way or in a horror way?
>>
the show went too far and wrote in actual rape when the point is that he didn't fuck her
>>
How should I know? I could only stomach one episode before giving up.
>>
>>94277392
He didn't touch her peepee or anything but to completely rob someone of their own freewill and choices is pretty rapey and creepy in actuality.
>>
To be honest? I was disappointed with Kilgrave. I was expecting him to go full on rage mode, but it never happened. He gets tasered pretty early on, and then he kind of gets his ass handed a lot, tortured with himself crying as a kid, and then dies idiotically.
>>
>>94278393
Having just wrapped a rewatch, my favorite part about his death is that he calls her bluff right away and still goes for it without any further testing or deliberation after the kiss on Not-Hellcat.
Also fuck that one Robyn girl, christ I forgot how mad I was at that bit where she leads a mob over and frees Kilgrave.
>>
>>94278360
Yeah, but that's the point. It was as horrible as something like that, without the need for something like it. The psychological torture of wanting, or rather needing, to be raped because of mind control, but not allowed, is horrible. It's a vulnerability that feels like it's based in self, rather than in a third party rapist
>>
>>94277182
>in a horror way
Well, considering that horror aspect sucked the donkey balls. definitely not enough.
>>94278393
I was disappointed too but for a different reason. He's should've been a horror-show, not a pathetic laughable wimpy asshole.
>>
>>94278393
I was disappointed that they didn't do the angry maniac, but I was happy with what we got.
>>
>>94279779
An unthreatening joke character?
>>
>>94279836
A guy who's power has ruined his understanding of morals to the point where he pretty much doesn't feel alive unless he's obsessing over Jessica.
>>
>>94279871
Exactly what I said. A boring and embarrassing moron of a villain. One of the worst villains I've seen in ages.
>>
>>94279957
Well okay if that's what you think.
>>
>>94278464
Friendly reminder that not!Nuke did nothing wrong.
>>
>>94280337
Why did he kill black detective though?
>>
>>94276885
You already made this thread yesterday
>>
>>94276885
Am I the only person who's disappointed he wasn't purple?
>>
>>94279957
Not every villain is supposed to be evil for the sake of being evil and enjoying it, anon
>>
>>94280536
To make the previous anon wrong, prophetically
>>
File: 1499475854569.png (133KB, 496x436px) Image search: [Google]
1499475854569.png
133KB, 496x436px
>>94280536
Because he still wanted Kilgrave on trial, which was never going to happen
>>94280337
Simpson was right
>>
>>94280618
No, that pissed me off too
>>
>>94280337
He existed. Was terrible in almost every aspect and one of the major reasons why the show wasn't as good as it could've been.
>>
>>94280627
>let me make a completely idiotic assumption to feel better about my shit taste
God, Kilgravefags are every bit as garbage as their pathetic villain.
And by the way your garbage villain is "evil for the sake of evil". A walking cartoon character that is impossible to take seriously by any means unless you have low standards and pretend he's actually complex.
>>
>>94276885
No one really talks about it or brings it up, at least not that I notice. But That scene when he first moves into that families apartment bugged the hit out of me than anything else in the show or the comic. I don't think anything he's done was that disturbing until he was purposely breeding kids.
>>
>>94280754
>Was terrible in almost every aspect
You can say that about every villain on that shitty show.
>>
>>94280873
Because that scene was comedic at best.
>>
>>94278360
>her
>peepee
Uh, anon...
>>
>>94280842
>freaking out yet making no arguments
yeah dude kilgravefags are the worst
>>
>>94280999
Arguments to what, retard?
To "hurr he disagrees with me, must like one-dimensional villains unlike me and my totally not a boring one-dimensional sociopath"
Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>94280947
Are you saying girls can't piss?
>>
>>94276885
>I would molest and torture
Those two girls in the background don't seem molested or tortured. They seem like they're having one hell of a good time.
>>
>>94281050
>still no arguments
>still spastic freak outs
Hey anon, kilgrave is a good villain. You cannot refute this.
>>
>>94281377
Well he's not trying to torture them. He means Daredevil's friends and family. He doesn't want them to enjoy it.
>>
>>94281619
>spastic freak-outs
You mean, an appropriate response to you being a fucking faggot? Try not being a cunt next time maybe people would want to actually talk to you.
>kilgrave is a good villain
I can. The problem is, you will just stick bananas in your ears like your kind always does or start twisting my words.
But yes, he's a shitty villain. He's mind-bogglingly stupid, he's not even a little bit intimidating, every single line of his dialogue (that isn't obvious manipulation to anyone with IQ above 80, at least) is a reminder of how cartoonishly evil he is and how the audience should hate him. His motivation is terrible and his dialogue in general is straight-up painful to listen to and never memorable. He's not an interesting character and you have to be a literal child to think that "hurr power corrupted him " is a complex character.
>>
>>94281954
>freaks out again
funny how an ape would bring up bananas
>abstracts after abstracts
Okay but why is he bad my man. Is it because he's terrible? Good arguments my man
>>
>>94282110
>y-you're f-freaking out XD
>calling valid criticisms "abstracts"
Just admit that you're shitposting and have no goal in mind beyond being a little faggot.
Oh, and the only ape here is your mother.
>>
>>94282194
Not that anon, he's right, your complaints are circular and vague
You basically said
>He's a bad character because i think he's a bad character that was written badly
>>
>>94278464
He's very fucking stupid, anon.
He's been caught how many, three times before? And yet he never learns from his mistakes and keeps falling for the most obvious traps imaginable. It's amazing that he escaped more than once. That idiot is really lucky in finding somehow even more stupid people willing to set him free even when he can't control them or being in the right place and in the right time for the contrived escape to happen.
He's more pathetic than Dandy Mott, another shitty villain from another shitty show.
>>
>>94282595
>vague
If you're a retard, maybe.
His stupidity, his dialogue being saturday morning cartoon villain-tier and his lack of feeling like an actual threat are all genuine facts.
Meanwhile, I'm yet to hear for why he's a good villain beyond you faggots parroting that one shitty interview with Tennant that is far more circular and vague.
>>
>>94282194
>still freaking out
Are you sperging ironically at this point? Because that'd be terrible. I think your arguments are bad because they are idiotic. I'm not going to explain why though my man.
>>
>>94282707
Keep shitposting, little retard. It entertains me even if you're still predictable.
P,S. Judging by your reliance on "my man" you're a worthless spic, so I take back calling your mother an ape. Comparing spics to apes is an insult to apes.
>>
>>94282686
>his stupidity
why is he stupid
>cartoon villain tier
why is it cartoon villain tier
>lack of feeling like an actual threat
why does he not feel like a threat
But you can keep sperging out and being vague if you'd like. I don't mind.
>>
>>94282778
forgot to say my man, my man.
>>
File: 1389922449854.png (74KB, 200x186px) Image search: [Google]
1389922449854.png
74KB, 200x186px
>>94282764
>P,S. Judging by your reliance on "my man" you're a worthless spic, so I take back calling your mother an ape. Comparing spics to apes is an insult to apes.

What the fuck
>>
>>94282597
I love that he realizes something is up almost each time he gets caught, but I love it even more that everyone else is equally fucking retarded and he constantly slips away until he drops to the level of stupidity that Jessica seems stuck on for most of the series. Somewhere around 5-6 people die because Jessica thought letting his parents into the cage with him was a good idea, and his mom thought stabbing him in the fucking shoulder would work.

I have no idea how people praise this show, christ.
>>
>>94282764
lmao calm down nigga, take a sip from your juice box already and chill.
>>
>>94277182
Not nearly in the horror way and absolutely no enough in the fetish way.
>>
File: comedy gold.webm (845KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comedy gold.webm
845KB, 1280x720px
>>94282778
>why is he stupid
>>94282597
>why is it cartoon villain tier
Gee, I wonder how every second line of his are anything but rubbing in the viewer's face that he's a sociopath in the most unsubtle way.
Pretty much every time he opens his mouth, it sounds like a bad guy from a bad soap opera where everything is black and white. Do I really need to quote it for you?
>why does he not feel like a threat
Maybe because the show made him a complete fucking manchild? Maybe because there are no actually intense scenes with him? Maybe because, as I said before, he keeps getting caught like a retard (which is the easiest way to take away the villain's intimidation, not that he ever had any.).
Maybe when your villain's very first on-screen action is to stomp on a little kid's toy while delivering a piece of dialogue that, as I said before, exists only to remind you that he's a bad person, then making a teenage girl pee in the closet or webm related which looks like something out of a bad comedy by the way, you should rethink your writing and actually add some redeeming qualities?
>>94282811
>>94282862
Go back to Mexico where you'd hopefully get beheaded by cartels.
>>
>>94283120
As for horror, they should've taken notes from Kurosawa's Cure.
That's where genuinely terrifying mind control is.
>>
>>94283126
Why shouldn't that scene be funny
>>
>>94283126
Almost everything you've said has been generalizations without any examples. In the actual examples you've given, you've omitted the fact that he locked children in a closet indefinitely and essentially made the parents be comfortable with that. In the first episode we realize that he made a young girl murder her parents just to screw with the protagonist. But yeah smashing a toy was the most noteworthy aspect of his introduction.
>still freaking out
You're taking this much too seriously. it makes you seem like a little boy, my man.
>>
>>94283452
>without any examples
>ou've omitted the fact that he locked children in a closet indefinitely and essentially made the parents be comfortable with that
You mean, that fucking hilarious scene? Oh wow, really a good introduction. And no, retard. I didn't omit it. This was precisely one of the reasons his introduction was pathetic.
>In the first episode we realize that he made a young girl murder her parents just to screw with the protagonist.
Boo-fucking-hoo. A couple of shitty characters died. I admit that it's the only more or less threatening thing he's done and it's still boring.
> But yeah smashing a toy was the most noteworthy aspect of his introduction.
That's not what I said, you human waste. I know you subhumans can't read, but try to actually do so.
>>94283314
Maybe because it's supposed to show how petty and terrifying he is, but like everything he does ends up being comedic?
Kill yourself already, you dumb spic.
>>
>>94283452
Oh, and
>generalizations without any examples
I've given you plenty of examples, dickhead. Except for his shitty quotes, but just reading that garbage makes me want to cringe. Let alone copypaste it. If you can't understand how they are bad, then the problem is yours not mine.
>>
>>94282844
Not just go in the cage with him.
>"maybe we should double-check the equipment before we let innocent people in the same room with a murderer who said that he wants them dead?"
>"Nah, what could possibly go wrong?"
>dumb lawyer bitch just blindly trusting that she wouldn't get double-crossed
And don't get me started on how any lawyer worth their salt would dismiss any case because of a video acquired through torture.
>>
>>94283639
Getting burning hot coffee on your face for doing your job isn't scary, or petty on Purple's part? The timing is comedic, but the situation itself isn't. It's like Joker's pencil scene in TDK, or Goblin shrieking as an old lady in SM1. People WANT to be entertained by the villains
>>
>>94283639
>still no examples
You might want to make a list. It'll help you with pretending you have an argument.
>coffee on face is funny
It's a little funny, but only for the guy's reaction. And that's one throwaway scene long after he's introduced and done worse things.
>still sperging out
Oh my man, you need to relax or make actual compelling arguments. Use actual examples to back up your opinions, don't use your opinions to mindlessly comment without an argument. It's okay to be have special opinions, my man.
>>
>>94283827
Precisely my thoughts on both watches I've given the show, I have no idea how no one thought to check anything prior to letting the two old people into a locked room. Then Trish starts shooting at the glass for some reason, which ultimately lets him out, and it's all just a giant mess.

Not to mention how Jessica found his parents in the first place by literally stepping on a picture of his mother in a way that looked like a burn I guess?
>>
>>94283955
>Getting burning hot coffee on your face for doing your job isn't scary
Yes, it isn't. Unless you're a child who cannot separate fiction from reality and thinks that later Nightmare on Elm Street fims are scary, at least.
And no, I didn't say that it wasn't petty.
>but the situation itself isn't
Who the fuck cares? If a scene fails to be scary, then it isn't scary.
>Joker's pencil scene in TDK
It's almost as if there are different kinds of comedy. Pencil scene works because you're laughing with a villain not at the villain. The coffee scene is funny because it's unintentional comedy.
>>94283967
>Spic still trying to save face because it cannot read
Go back, animal.
>And that's one throwaway scene long after he's introduced and done worse things.
None of which make him threatening in any way, unless you're one of those retards easily impressed by body counts.
>>
>>94284101
It's funny how the only times he's in control is when characters are idiots and it never actually feels like he's in control.
Compare to this where a villain is locked up, doesn't actually have any powers and still feels like he's getting inside the main character's (and the audience's) head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djAhwNzf8Qs
>>
>>94284203
The scene is funny because when the guy approaches him you already know how things are going to go, the coffee is the punchline

You're projecting your own disingenuous reaction onto the scene, it's completely personal and i can't respond anything other than i disagree
>>
>>94284332
No. It's funny because it's the only way the retarded writers of that shitshow could think of showing how petty he is.
>>
File: kilgrave.jpg (116KB, 642x360px) Image search: [Google]
kilgrave.jpg
116KB, 642x360px
>>94276885
The show's biggest error was revealing Kilgrave too early in the show. They should have built him up over the course of several episodes the same way DD did with Kingpin.

What would have been great to see would have been if we'd seen little moments of *someone* following what was going on with Jessica, but not revealing it as Kilgrave right away. Then when he's finally revealed (push the whole "Hope" plotline to mid-season) they'd reveal that Kilgrave had been the one setting most of the cases and events Jessica'd been involved with so far. It would have gone a long way towards building up the audience's suspense and introducing us to the level of sociopathy and methodicalness that we saw with Klgrave's various traps and contingency plans later on.

It also would have solved the season's BIGGEST problem which was pacing. Simply put they didn't have enough interesting stuff to do with Killgrave to make him hold the whole season together on his own. By pushing his reveal until a third or even half of the way through the season, and building up to the reveal of who was pulling the strings, the action involving Kllgrave would have been better paced and run much more smoothly, and most importantly of all it would have added some actually MYSTERY to what was clearly meant to be a noir-esque series.
>>
>>94284203
>not even pretending to have arguments at this point
It's probably your best move honestly.
>body counts
Remind me, how many people did he kill prior to this scene? It's almost like no one brought that up and you're just trying to disregard arguments. In fact, the only murdered people brought up (blonde girl's parents) weren't even the focus of the abuse, which was the girl herself. He still enslaves a family, steals a man's kidneys (which he didn't even need fully), forces a young girl to murder her parents after raping her for a while, and uses two people as slaves to harass Jessica and co (using drug addiction and murder). All my examples happen in the first half, before he even starts to confront Jessica himself.
>sperging
my man
>>
>>94284526
I partly agree with that. I think the worst part wasn't necessarily that he was physically introduced so early on, but rather that he and Jessica had interactions so early on. She's supposed to be traumatized, in the comic, she pisses herself out of fear when he escapes. In the show, she's willing to intervene to save a random person's life and be seen by him. Would've been stronger if she let Simpson (or better a random cop) die because she's afraid of him.
>>
>>94281377
Mind control anon.
>>
>>94284526
This. Even though we all knew the punchline for the buildup to Kingpin in DD, the buildup itself was rewarding and satisfying, the little tastes and hints you get alone the way, hyping yourself up, 'are they finally gonna show him this time?', etc.

It could have been the same thing with TPM, obviously we'd already know what the punchline would be for all the stalking and shit going on behind the scenes, but the execution of it could have been enough to get us hyped.
>>
>>94284568
>still being an obtuse waste of flesh and refusing to read the arguments
As I said before, all your kind ever does is sticking bananas in your ears and screeching "t-that doesn't count". Pathetic.
>Remind me, how many people did he kill prior to this scene?
Possibly loads. That's not even the point, you fucking retard. The point is that you're posting all the heinous shit he's done and that's supposed to make any scarier than a shitty slasher movie villain. Grow up. A good villain can be terrifying without hurting anyone on screen. Your shitty villain is a joke no matter what he does.
>>
>>94284671
Or actually make frightening. Of course that would require to know how to build suspense up and not make him a little bitch, so Rosenberg wouldn't be able to do that anyway.
>>
>>94277392
This. They removed the only interesting psychological aspect of Jessica's ordeal to make it more understandable to casuals.
>>
>>94284724
>sperging
See above.
>shitty villain
Oh shit, has this been your argument the whole time? See it's very hard to tell without examples. I thought you were just stating your opinion without any backing.
>impressed by body counts
my
>there's no body count but that isn't the point anon
man
>a good villain can be terrifying without hurting anyone on screen
true, but that's not really relevant when the opposite is the more common explanation and the one pertaining to this character.
>>
>>94284921
>s-sperging
Change a tune already, piece of shit.
> See it's very hard to tell without examples.
HERE ARE YOUR FUCKING EXAMPLES YOU DUMB ANIMAL.
>>94282597
>>94283126
LEARN. TO. FUCKING. READ.
I hope you get cancer and I get to watch how no one even would want to wipe your worthless ass as you shit your bed because you're so dumb not even relatives care about you.

So, if I said that to like X movie you would have to be easily impressed by explosions even if it doesn't have any, your retarded spic ass would chimp out because of semantics? God, you're retarded.
> but that's not really relevant
It is always relevant, dumbass.
>>
>>94285125
>And yet he never learns from his mistakes and keeps falling for the most obvious traps imaginable
Hmm which ones? The one where a random guy shoots him in the neck with no warning and he's prepared for it anyway? The one where the girl he's obsessing over injects him after she comes back to him? The time a bomb is found and he uses it on the people after him? Maybe the ending sure, but even then he's still obsessing over Jessica.
>stomp on a little kid's toy
>making a teenage girl pee in the closet
>coffee
All addressed to a reply that can be summed up by "no anon he's bad"
>sperging out
you should relax
>>
>>94285125
>>94285308
>semantics
This one was pretty funny too.
>its not threatening unless you're impressed by something which doesn't happen
But it's okay because semantics.
>>
>>94285125

Pick up that coffee.

Throw it in your face.
>>
>>94285125
>I'm not sperging
>But I'll fill every other sentence with swearing and curses that a 12yo may found funny
>>
>>94285308
>The one where a random guy shoots him in the neck with no warning and he's prepared for it anyway?
Which is the only logical escape.
>The one where the girl he's obsessing over injects him after she comes back to him?
It's almost as if he knows that she's planning something as he said before "I'm not delusional". It's almost as if he knows he can't control her and his whole plan is retarded anyway. But no, he could have never possibly seen that coming.
>The time a bomb is found and he uses it on the people after him?
That wasn't even his escape, moron.
His next escape was after getting close to Jessica to see the scar he left her and getting punched like a complete idiot.
>All addressed to a reply that can be summed up by "no anon he's bad"
Addressed as in "s-see he's totally scary ;_;" non-argument because only heinous acts are what horror is. That scene served no other fucking purpose than to show that he's a one-dimensional dick.
The only argument I didn't give you is the dialogue which you would look up yourself if you weren't a dumb spic.
>>94285345
>muh exact words hurr
>>94285457
Garbage scene from a garbage villain.
>>
>>94285546
>w-why would a person get angry after a lengthy conversation with an idiot who didn't even have the decency to start said conversation in a mature way instead of retarded strawmanning
Kill yourself, spic.
>>
>>94285553
Nothing more shallow and irritating than /co/ntrarians.

>I kind of like X
>Oh really? Well let me spend 50 replies explaining why X is garbage.
>>
>>94285614
>muh contrarian meme
Oh, fuck off and stop samefagging
>>
>>94285614
>Why is X garbage?
>Oh well because it doesn't follow the set of rules and logic i just established in my mind as the only acceptable way to go, OBVIOUSLY

No matter the subject at hand it always comes down to this
>>
File: not same.jpg (148KB, 449x769px) Image search: [Google]
not same.jpg
148KB, 449x769px
>>94285647
contrarian AND paranoid
>>
>>94285553
The only times he's fooled are because he's obsessed with Jessica and tries to delude himself into thinking that there's a chance for them to be together, which is his main character flaw.
>non-argument because only heinous acts are what horror is
His actions make him a horrible person, no one is arguing against that. If you think he's not a threat, it's because you keep refusing to acknowledge his actions and write them off as one-dimensional. Alone, they are, but you're not addressing the fact that his entire character is based on the fact that his morals are skewed and that he doesn't see the people he controls as human beings.
>the only argument I didn't give you is the dialogue
Well you haven't ruined case for yourself, so silver linings for you.
>muh exact words hurr
that's a good argument my man
>>
>>94285614
>>94285739
>Not blindly loving a work just for existing is contrarianism

I'll be glad when the current crop of newbies moves on to whatever social media platform would better accommodate their lack of taste.
>>
>>94285769
>it's so hard to or post off two browsers
>le contrarian meme
Shut up already
>>94285739
Rules established by any decent creator who ever made a good villain, you mean.
>>
>>94285887
>it's so hard to or post off two browsers
yeah, no, I'm not invested enough in this conversation to carry on multiple conversation threads on multiple browsers just to make you look like a paranoid fuck when you call someone out for samefagging
>>
What show and what comic?
>>
>>94286028
Show: Jessica Jones
Comic: Alias (#25)
>>
>>94285798
In other words he's a completely pathetic idiot. Glad we finally figured that out at least.
>If you think he's not a threat, it's because you keep refusing to acknowledge his actions
For the billionth fucking time. Heinous actions don't make a villain threatening you dumb fuck.
> but you're not addressing the fact that his entire character is based on the fact that his morals are skewed and that he doesn't see the people he controls as human beings.
Congratulations with describing every shallow one-dimensional villain ever. Want a cookie? That does nothing to disprove that he's one-dimensional, you idiot. In fact that only reinforces it.
>>
>>94278301
Ironically, the first episode is the only decent one.
>>
>>94286060
When the actions revolve around fucking the main characters' lives, yeah I'd say he's threatening.
>his character is one dimensional. Let me argue that by comparing him to this endless list of characters that I have hidden behind me
He's one-dimensional to you because you seem to have fundamental issues understanding not only his desires, but why he acts like a heinous madman who has the ability to control and kill every single person in the protagonist's life.
generalized arguments my man
>>
>>94286212
>yeah I'd say he's threatening
Then you'd be an idiot. Oh wait, you already are. He can rape and kill the entire cast and he'd still be a joke.
>y-you don't understand
No, you retard. He's an extremely simple shallow character and no matter how many times you screech otherwise won't change that.
>>
>>94286375
>here's more generalizations with a dash of sperging
Good arguments my man.
>he's not threatening no matter what can happen
Good logic.
>>
>>94286428
>I don't know what to say
>better screech S-SPERGING
At this point I wish a cartel would turn you and your whole family into non-consenting organ donors. And sorry, your shitty villain is still shallow and boring.
>villain being threatening is measured by how many shitty characters they can kill/rape rather than how menacing they are
I bet you would believe Randy Stair is an amazing villain if he was fictional.
>>
>>94286569
>unironically sperging about the concept of sperging
>still can't argue that kilgrave is a bad villain beyond saying "he's bad and not threatening"
>>
>>94286639
>still pushing the same tired old meme for hours
>still ignores every argument I've made
You're pathetic.
>>
>>94286681
>still ignores every argument I've made
I can't ignore what isn't there.
>>
>>94286782
Keep pretending, bitch.
>>
>>94286800
>Keep pretending
I've been trying to pretend you've had an argument but it's getting old
>>
>>94286828
Nah. You're just ignoring everything I said and keep circlejerking over one of the worst villains television had in years.
>>
>>94286856
I'm trying to ignore the sperging and replying to the actual arguments but it's hard when the former makes up the entirety of your responses.
>>
>>94286924
>I'll just pretend to not hear any arguments and repeat the same tired meme over and over like a monkey
You're embarrasing.
You don't have a single argument
>hurr this villain is not an idiot. He's just led by his dick because he's an idiot
>hurr how can he not be threatening? Murder and rape make all villains inherently scary.
>h-he's an obsessive idiot with the most shallow personality imaginable and a shitty motivation that makes him look like a complete bitch. S-see, h-he's a complex villain. Y-you just don't get him. There's no way anyone can think he's shallow ;_;
You're sad and pathetic.
>>
This guy's right, can we just not?
>>
>>94287081
>hurr this villain is not an idiot. He's just led by his dick because he's an idiot
The only foolish things he's done are rushing because he wants Jessica. After he breaks out, he's only fooled when he gets killed because he believes he can have her finally after upgrading his powers.
>hurr how can he not be threatening? Murder and rape make all villains inherently scary
They're not inherently scary, or scary at all in fiction. His ability to be threatening is how he can impact the story and its characters. When he can do literally everything by controlling people, he's a very threatening character. Jessica's story is about working around this seemingly-omnipotent villain.
>most shallow personality imaginable
Another subjective abstraction that you've yet to argue.
>shitty motivation that makes him look like a complete bitch
His motivation is finally finding someone in his life that has the ability to think for themselves. This means that he finally has the means to find some sort of happiness or even basic interaction because of her. But it's shitty because you don't like it.
>sperging out
yeah
>>
>>94281650
>Daredevil's family
jokes on him he's an orphan
>>
>>94276885
it went further than the comic by having him actually rape her
>>
>>94287363
It could be worse. He could be blind and have a mob boss target everyone he cares about.
>>
>>94287241
> he's a very threatening character.
It's fucking amazing. No matter how many times I explain it, this retard still keeps repeating the same shit. It doesn't fucking matter how he impacts the story and the characters. You can write any shitty villain and have them impact story and the characters and they won't magically become good. God, I hate you and your tiny brain.
>Another subjective abstraction that you've yet to argue.
No, retard. Being a one-dimensional cartoonish sociopath is not subjective.
>His motivation is finally finding someone in his life that has the ability to think for themselves. This means that he finally has the means to find some sort of happiness or even basic interaction because of her.
That's why he went to hell and back to control her both through powers and without them. So, not only you're a fucking idiot, you're an easily manipulated idiot. All he wants is to be challenged like any sociopath. He never even seemed bothered by not being able to interact with people outside of obvious manipulations anyway.

Go on, monkey. Repeat that word a hundred times more. Maybe it will be funny to anyone but you eventually.
>>
>>94287241
Oh and
>The only foolish things he's done are rushing because he wants Jessica
He consistently acted like a total idiot. If it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck
>>
>>94287499
What makes a character threatening and who is an example of a threatening villain?
>>
>>94287673
>what makes a character threatening
The suspense they provide. The fear they instill in the viewer, not the fictional character. Being defeatable but not pathetic. (which doesn't mean "not having sympathetic motivations" Sympathetic villains can be extremely terrifying if done right,) I don't care how scary Kilgrave is to Jessica or any of the lame characters on her show. From my standpoint, he's a joke even despite his powers.
>who is an example of a threatening villain
Anton Chigurh is an obvious example. Norman Bates. Most incarnations of Hannibal Lecter. Raimi's Doc Ock and aforementioned TDK's Joker as far as live-action capeshit goes.
>>
>>94287916
And keep in mind that you can have a pathetic in-universe villain who actually feels like a threat, but you have to know the right balance.
>>
>>94287916
>>94287960
And now that I'm remembering TV villains, Gus Fring, Lorne Malvo, Arthur Mitchell and (fuck it, I liked Legion) Shadow King count.
>>
>>94276885
No, it needed to show Jessica being truly and completely degraded when under his power. While kilgrave was creepy enough, Jessica was sort of just, there. None of the scenes between them get close to the level of psychological torture that was described in the comic. Instead it's the adventures of blank face girl. I honestly belive that they must have had some more serious scenes the actress refused to do.
>>
>>94287916
>having to rely on no country to use as a comparison
Well you're certainly desperate to win an argument. But no, you're confusing threatening for intimidating. You want to be scared by a villain, but that's not what a threat is. The Mexicans in no country aren't intimating in the slightest, but they are a threat and clearly meant to be seen as such. If you don't believe that, look at Moss. Joker and Doc Ock are threatening. They serve as foils to the main protagonist and serve to work against them. They put them in peril. What about Doc Ock is specifically suspenseful to you?
>>
>>94288014
Characters like Gus Fring work because of what they are in their universe. Gus is very intimidating to his rivals and towards our main characters. He poses a threat because he's smarter and more powerful than Walter. If you want to be personally put in suspense by a villain without any correlation to what they can do against the characters or story, you're simply praising the writing/direction of individual scenes and not the villain itself.
>>
>>94288187
Not desperate, just going for the lowest hanging fruit. I give you semantics, but the point is if Jessica Jones is presented as psychological horror, then I'd expect some fucking good psychological horror not a pissy manchild with a boner for a main heroine if I wanted to see which, I'd rewatch Fear with Mark Wahlberg.
>>94288314
If all the villain can offer is what they do against the characters or story, then it's a shitty villain which perfectly applies to Kilgrave.
>>
>>94276885
The better question is, why didn't his power boost turn his skin purple?
>>
>>94288503
Not liking Kilgrave is fine. Trying to present him as non-threatening or with poor motivations is also fine, but you're clearly just doing it because you don't like with why he does things, along with your personal distaste for his presentation. He's a human being and you're supposed to feel a certain amount of sympathy for who he has been made into. That's juxtaposed with his clearly threatening actions. That's why it seems you don't find him intimidating.
>>
>>94288739
>He's a human being
Oh, not fucking again. Fisk was a human being. Stokes was a human being.
Kilgrave is a walking cartoon character, a complete idiot and a total joke.
>and you're supposed to feel a certain amount of sympathy
You mean, because of a shitty sob story? The show did a terrible job at evoking any sympathy for him.
>That's why it seems you don't find him intimidating.
Nope. I don't find him intimidating because he's stupid, shallow and a pathetic manchild. I feel sympathy for Trinity Killer from Dexter and the show actually makes him feel like a broken man ruined by his past. He's also the most intimidating serial killer I've ever seen on television so don't give me that shit.
>>
>>94276885
Wow, Mark Bagley really sucked back in the day.
>>
>>94284784
Yea all those normies and there post-rape ptsd
>>
>>94288927

Fucking amen, goddamn.

The show started out ok I thought, nothing that blew me away but nothing that stood out as horrible. As soon as Kilgrave was shown on screen all the characters became retarded.

The villain has no plan, no overarching goal apart from getting a girlfriend.

Holy shit, it's basically a shoujo manga. No wonder I couldn't fucking stand it.
>>
>>94292154
>The villain has no plan, no overarching goal apart from getting a girlfriend.

So /co/ hates it because Kilgrave embodies them
>>
>>94292243
/co/ was pretty positive towards kilgrave until other people were
>>
Wasn't as hot as the comic
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.