[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I hypercrisised a bit too hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Fantastic Four.jpg (51KB, 549x541px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Four.jpg
51KB, 549x541px
So hear me out here, Marvel Legacy is going to have some dumb "Avengers of 1,000,000 BC" story but I think they're missing out on a cosmic story that would've written itself. I don't know if they'll touch on it but this would be around the time the Celestials experimented on Earth. They've preformed these on countless worlds which is why traits like the human form is common in the universe and they always result in four sub-groups.

>Eternals: Powerful beings who can manipulate cosmic energies for various purposes
>Deviants: Those cursed to forever take a monstrous form
>Mutants: Quirky genes that change function over time
>Mutates: Changes in response to outside stimuli

Sound familiar?
>>
File: ff2_zps9a289bcf.jpg (126KB, 590x680px) Image search: [Google]
ff2_zps9a289bcf.jpg
126KB, 590x680px
>>
>>94271076
I don't understand your image
>>
Don't give Marvel ideas, they'll ruin it
>>
>>94271276
Let's try to come with Nu Marvel ideas to ruin this
>inb4 Inhuman Four
>>
>>94271319
Inhumans are literally Kree doing a bootleg version of what the Celestials did on everyone else in the universe in the first place. Calling them "Bootleg Mutants" is completely canonical.
>>
>>94271032
This isn't so much Hypercrisis as it is finding a microcosm of cosmetic similarity between Marvel's First Family and the 4 sub-groups of Marvel's first superhumans.

And tenuous connections at that.
>>
>>94271409
True but I thought it was neat to note the similarity between the First Family and what's essentially Marvel's origin story. It's probably going to be more interesting then what we're going to get.
>>
>>94271032
Not sure I see the connection.

>Johnny?
>Ben, this one works
>Sue? Because she grew in power over time, I guess
>Reed then, but I don't see it
>>
>>94271032
if it writes itself why would they need to write it

QED
>>
>>94271645
Yes, Johnny and Ben are the top two. The other two I admit are stretching it but my line of thought was "Mutants=Reed" and "Mutates=Sue". Mutants are always changing like with secondary mutations (Look how many times Beast changed) which would be compared to Reed's elasticity. Mutates are all about changing to outside factors which could arguably compare to Sue's power,.
>>
>>94271032
Anyone else think the last decade of Nu-Marvel has been a really poor excuse for a ride leading up to Earth X? Like some of the decisions they've made make me think this era is going to be written off as the prequel to earth x. The birth of Earth X or someshit.
>>
>>94271773
Depends what you mean. The Celestials being the origin of superpowers has been a thing for the longest time. Marvel's also really lazy and a lot of their ideas are now adapting old What Ifs into canon like Jane Foster's "Thor".
>>
>>94271076
I like how that's Ben's original design in the window
>>
Threads like this die fast
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.