[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Thread: We GoT Now Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 414
Thread images: 97

File: house-of-m-1.jpg (218KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
house-of-m-1.jpg
218KB, 600x536px
Unevolved Haters & Shithumansfags keep moving. This is a Homo Superior Thread.

Post hopes for the future, fan-teams, commentary, ad as always when the X is concerned... lewds...
>>
>>94270807
>ad as always
>>
File: tumblr_orl4kc5u7y1s5onj7o1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orl4kc5u7y1s5onj7o1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x960px
who's going to be on the Uncanny X-Men relaunch? members and creative team
has Banshee been seen since getting the Apocalypse power up?
why isn't Strain using Husk in Generation X?
how is Bobby's book?
Cable's new team looks dope
Gold is stupid, Blue is alright but I still hate the 05, Astonishing had an alright start
Beast being fun in it and Uncanny Avengers with Simon soon makes me happy
>>
>>94270868
>who's going to be on the Uncanny X-Men relaunch? members and creative team

Dunno, but I'm hoping they pick up Remender's idea of colonizing Mars.

>has Banshee been seen since getting the Apocalypse power up?
Not to my knowledge.

>why isn't Strain using Husk in Generation X?
Because that book is DOA. And Marvel can't do continuity.

>how is Bobby's book?
5/10

>Cable's new team looks dope
It's eh.

>Gold is stupid, Blue is alright but I still hate the 05, Astonishing had an alright start
Agreed.

>Beast being fun in it and Uncanny Avengers with Simon soon makes me happy
Same.
>>
>>94270900
Doop and Longshot are two of my favorite characters besides Chamber and Brisson's Iron Fist is really a badass series
>>
>>94270964
Dunno what IF has to do with the X-Men,but it did turn out to be much better than expected.
>>
>>94271008
Brisson is going to write Cable
>>
>>94271008
Ah, okay. Fingers crossed it turns out good.
>>
>>94270807

I have never read a comic with Adam X. Isnt his superpower too gruesome for comics? cutting people and making their blood burn? Did he do that to some villains, grunts?

>>94270807
I dont care about Gold
I like Blue even though I dont like the O5, but I am only buying the issues Emma appears in.
I did like the first issue of Astonishing a lot, and I also like Weapon X.

My only problem with Generation X is having as students characters wo have graduated, like Quentin.
>>
File: pixie_by_vagrant_angel-d6zdpbi.jpg (151KB, 805x992px) Image search: [Google]
pixie_by_vagrant_angel-d6zdpbi.jpg
151KB, 805x992px
I want to lewd Pixie.
>>
File: IMG_8810.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8810.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
Bump
>>
File: tumblr_m7aankemus1r2x5jlo1_500.jpg (130KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7aankemus1r2x5jlo1_500.jpg
130KB, 500x644px
When will she come back?
>>
>>94270868
Bobby's book is shit. He's a whiny self absorbed prick. His parents house gets attacked, people hold guns to his dads's head. And he just lets them go. He gives the leader a little X-shaped scar.
What a fag.
Oh, and he just lets his parents stay in the same house and leaves. Not like more people are gonna come there and finish the job.
>>
>>94272814

Are any of the current x-books any good right now. I gave Blue and Gold chances, but they're just so fucking dumb.
>>
>>94272883
I like X-Force. At least it's not a bunch of regurgitated shit.
Surprisingly, Jean Grey is enjoyable.
Blue is alright.
Gold, X Generations and Ice Man are complete trash.
>>
>>94272953

I thought Blue and Jean Grey both had terrible first issues. Blue read like a tired what if. It was a substanceless punch up with the O5, but this time Magneto's in charge! I just feel like it's territory we've covered before. The only dimly interesting idea is that Beast is using dark sorcery because why not.

Jean Grey issue one read like a case study in why people hate muties. She teleports to Japan for lunch, endangers civies through unnecessary vigilantism, and brain rapes some poor chick because it's somehow more expedient than just taking her outside.
>>
>>94273075
As opposed to your typical people hate mutants and attack the mansion with guns, so our heroes fight them off but not before some random kids get murdered.
Oh, and let's stretch the fight for a few issues, let's have Kitty lost the guy in the mansion a couple times and even though she saw him MURDER CHILDREN, she just tries to punch him instead of shoving a hand in his brain.
God, Gold sucks.
>>
>>94273189

Was there an attack on the school? I honestly put the book down when the lawyer showed up.

>I work for the mayor! Even though we've approved this intensely stupid, hostile relocation, we're going to charge you a billionty dollars to chase you off the property that we could have just refused to give you!
>I'm angry old wolverine man and I will kill you to death for coming her legally and peacefully! There will be no repercussions to me threatening you with deadly force!
>>
>>94273296
Oh, right, that. Well, a few issues later Purifiers show up and attack the mansion. And then another guy shows up and attacks the mansion.
And the reasoning of that guy? X-Men dropped their fucking mansion on his family. Seriously. When they relocated they were so reckless that they fucking murdered a family. And nobody gives a shit.
>>
File: IMG_5954.jpg (111KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5954.jpg
111KB, 666x1000px
This is Sunspot, are (((they))) whitewashing sunspot?
>>
>>94273459

terrible pick for Sunspot. It's like they are idiots. His powers pretty much appear after a receiving racist comment in a soccer match.
>>
>>94273427

>I'll get you, my mutie, and your little dog too!
>>
>>94273459
Yeah, I gotta agree. I mean, the man is Brazilian, but he's white as hell.
>>
Do you think New Tian will survive the Secret Empire event?

I imagine there could be an "it never existed in first place" if reality is changed with the cosmic cube. But since it seems like Captain America will travel the roads apologizing and reconnecting with people, then people will remember what happened.
Also, retconning everything through cosmic cube, would make the Polaris and Danger reveal pointless. The O5 would still think their plane is just a plane.

I guess once Hydra falls, New Tian collapses because of people leaving it willingly.
>>
>>94273075
>Blue read like a tired what if. It was a substanceless punch up with the O5, but this time Magneto's in charge!
Blue is actually doing a lot of things with a lot of non-O5 characters right now. I'd say, if you're interested in X-Men, it's worth keeping an eye on that book.
>>
File: 683422-uxma_001.jpg (63KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
683422-uxma_001.jpg
63KB, 416x640px
I want to read this but can't find a download link.

Is Marvel unlimited worth it if you want to support comics but dont buy comics? (I live in a non English speaking country) I am not interested in buying translated comics months after ive read them.
>>
File: Noriko_Ashida_(Earth-616)_043.jpg (75KB, 389x604px) Image search: [Google]
Noriko_Ashida_(Earth-616)_043.jpg
75KB, 389x604px
>>Dozens upon dozens of great teen X-Characters
>>Marvel instead uses the O5 and Quentin Quire
>>The Women of Marvel Panel of SDCC had them gushing about Quentin Quire

I fucking hate Wolverine and the X-Men.
>>
>>94276908
Same boat, so my best advice to you is just to pirate. Our contributions are nothing compared to the US market. I have a small, monthly pull-list (around 40 euros) and buy a coupleof trades. The rest I just pirate. If Marvel insists that 7k Moon Girl is enough for it to exist, but 40k for the F4 isn't, I'm not going to give them my money.
>>
File: handsome Logan.jpg (391KB, 885x1008px) Image search: [Google]
handsome Logan.jpg
391KB, 885x1008px
Somehow I miss him.
>>
>>94272883
Uncanny Avengers has a really good Rogue
>>
>>94273459
Just because everyone south of the US border is latino doesn't mean they're all brown. They can range from pale white to black.
>>
>>94275215
>A mutant nation
>surviving in a 21st century Marvel
Nobody wants to write about Israel because they wouldn't be allowed to write about what actually happens in Israel.
>>
>>94278285
What do you think the Inhumans are?
>>
>>94273509
so? all he has to do is speak in hue and people will throw a racist tantrum.
>>
>>94278379
Muslims
>>
>>94276953
There's a 00's New Mutants collection coming out early next year, which either means something.....or absolutely nothing.
>>
Anyone here actually reading any X-Book? What happened to X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold? I expected them to be better.
>>
>>94279303
I was reading Deadpool. But then they started doing oversized specials constantly, which alongside the double-shipping made me spend 20 euros on him alone, so I dropped it.
>>
>>94273459
>>94273509
>>94273572
>clearly has obvious latin facial features
>waaah waaah abloobloo w-why isn't he a darkie

you fags are literally as bad as tumblr
>>
>>94273459
They got it right with Blue Hunt.
>>
>>94279461
Oh fuck off anon, Roberto is brown as hell in the books. I bitch and moan for Valkyrie, but I can't pretend that this casting is ok and expect my views to be consistent. I don't like this for the same reason I don't like Mordo, Heimdall, Valkyrie, etc, etc.
>>
>>94279523
He isn't that brown anymore.
>>
File: sunspot-origin.jpg (684KB, 1708x639px) Image search: [Google]
sunspot-origin.jpg
684KB, 1708x639px
>>94279461

this is his origin story
Sunspot is a mulatto like Obama, black father white mother.
The actor may be white with some native, but there is nothing black about him.
>>
File: unis.jpg (2MB, 4000x3092px) Image search: [Google]
unis.jpg
2MB, 4000x3092px
OFFICIAL CLASSIC NEW MUTANTS TEAM MEMBERS POWER RANKINGS

1. Magik
2. Mirage

POWER GAP

3. Cannonball
4. Wolfsbane

POWER GAP

5. Sunspot
6. Warlock
7. Cypher
8. Karma

9001. Magma
>>
>>94279928
In a fight between New Mutants and classic Gen X members, who would win?
>>
>>94280116
GenX is more fun
Magik vs M
Sunspot vs Chamber
wouuld be badass
>>
>>94279928

How do we make Karma good?
She is the X Man who needs the most a power buff

She is like the shittiest "telepath" ever.
She basically puts a person to sleep, and replaces their conscience with hers, controlling them like puppets, but can only do that with 1 or 2 persons simultaneously. When the possession ends, the possessed dont remember what happened to them.
And if she makes a possessed person talk, that person talks with her vietnamese accent.

Psylocke or Emma or Xavier or any other telepath can read minds, have the astral projection thing, can control a crowd of people and many other things.

I remember Xavier in the 80s not being able to take control of Magik (he couldnt read her mind), and asking Karma to possess Magik to force her to leave her room. Because of that I got the idea that she was never meant to be a real telepath, just someone who remote controlled the movements of people. But I think the other writers who briefly used her since the 80s have forgotten that.
>>
>>94280193
kill her dead
>>
>>94280208

I would make her suffer more, like maker her half Cyborg and unable to have sex, but now she can possess machines too and isnt so useless.
>>
>>94280184
M was a member of the new mutants?
>>
>>94280116
In a straight battle to the death, no holds barred? I think the NM team takes it. Warlock would be able to wipe them by himself by hiding and absorbing their lifeglow. Magik could also take them to Limbo where she's basically a god
s using French words rather than Vietnamese words.
>>
>>94280394
she'd be the GenX vs Magik (New Mutant)
only one who could stand up to her I think really
>>
>>94280430
What's up with M these days? Last thing I knew was that she was a member of the Hellfire Club?
>>
>>94280471
she just spazzed out super hard on the new Gen X kids
>>
>>94280193
Karma is unfortunate in that she has two problems with her power. First she has Angel syndrome, where too many other characters have her power as a minor part of her set. Second, she has all or nothing syndrome. She is either completely OP (solves everything by possessing the bad guy right away) or completely useless (can't possess the bad guy and is just a normal person).

How to fix her and make her more usable? One thing that would be useful is a way to protect her body while she's away. Maybe give her the ability to "psionically dissolve" her body while she's in someone but at the risk of being permanently killed if the person she's possessing is killed. Another thing that would be useful is for her to be able to split her consciousness into pieces, giving her proportionately less control over her targets but also making her presence harder to detect/resist. I think Malice would be a good bad guy for her to fight. Maybe they absorb each other and that's how Karma gets her new powers.

>that person talks with her vietnamese accent

Isn't her accent more French than anything? Claremont always wrote her using French words.
>>
I hate Monet so badly.
>>
Anybody here read Necrosha? How it was?
>>
>>94280537

You may be right on the accent part
I get you, but then, one of those problems is a problem all telepaths have, and the XMen have many of them.
Recently the O5 were attacked by Firestar, Wolfsbane, Toad, Mondo and Havok and Jean Grey didnt put them all to sleep.

I think something like the new character Mosaic or Malice would have been better for her. She should have been all about body possession and not just the shittiest telepath around.
Her great weakness should be that if she possesses 2 people, her body is left inert, standing there but like in a coma, leaving her very vulnerable. And if someone destroys it her conscience would be stuck in the body of one of the persons she possessed.
>>
>>94280783

ok but not great. The nicest thing is seeing all the obscure dead characters alive.
>>
>>94279303
That's more to do with your expectations than anything. I don't know why you expected anything of this relaunch. Actually, this relaunch has been entirely within my expectations, just based off of the creative teams.

I expected Gold to be trash.
I expect Astonishing to be trash or maybe it'll manage to stay boringly mediocre.
I expected the art of Weapon X to be trash.
I expected Jean to be abyssmal.
I expected Iceman to be abyssmal.
I expected to not care at all about Generation X.
I expected Wolverine to stay mediocre.
I expected Blue to be mediocre about characters I don't care about.

Honestly, I never touched most of these books and from what I head, I didn't miss much. Only Jean seems to be better than I expected, but I'm not touching a Hopeless book anymore on principle alone.
The only ones I'm following right now are Wolverine and Blue of which Blue actually did pleasantly surprise me.

TL;DR: You fell for marketing.
>>
>>94276953
It's kinda sad that New X-men got such shitty artists, I remember an early one being decent, but then they just got some awful ones anfd never got good again.
>>
File: modern_x-men_rec.png (1007KB, 7211x1035px) Image search: [Google]
modern_x-men_rec.png
1007KB, 7211x1035px
>>94280783
It was an event and it was readable. So it's in the top 33% of all Marvel events, I guess.
>>
>>94281283
>anfd never got good again
They had Skottie Young right towards the end which was amazing.
>>
File: Not Wolverine and not Cyclops.jpg (107KB, 775x426px) Image search: [Google]
Not Wolverine and not Cyclops.jpg
107KB, 775x426px
>>94281430
>All this X-related characters
want a fighting game with all the X-Men and related characters so badly.
>>
File: karma.jpg (448KB, 504x784px) Image search: [Google]
karma.jpg
448KB, 504x784px
>>94280193
>How do we make Karma good?
Even Claremont didn't know; even though she was a founding member of the New Mutants, he wrote her out of the book in issue 6. She came back eventually, didn't do anything interesting, and then he wrote her out again in #54, just before leaving the book (and saving Weezie the trouble).

Karma has been most effective as a reluctant villain / damsel in distress, as when working for her Uncle or under Farouk's posession, or as an older, emotionally mature non-combatant as when she assisted Xavier with running the school, or turned up with pink hair, body piercings and a lesbian harem at Burning Man during roadtrip arc in X-Force.

Not all mutants are cut out for combat.
>>
>>94280116
In a fight between Bill Sienkiewicz and Chris Bachalo at the height of their powers, who could outdraw who?
>>
How can the X-Men be interesting again without Scott?
>>
>>94282268
She's perfectly suited for combat, she's just not suited for direct combat. She should be the person infiltrating and fucking shit up in the background while everyone's having a punch up.
>>
>>94282651
She is perfectly suited for infiltration.
>>
x-bump
>>
What's the overall opnion of what Kyle/Yost did to the new X-men with their run? Essentially killing/depowering half the cast and placing their OC almost right in the middle.

IMO, I kinda liked it. While the established character were good, the previous run really couldn't kick up a decent plot going, other than teen drama, going to the prom and fucking blob invading.
>>
>>94280193
Give her an Astral projection/psychic entity aspect to her power
Like Psylocke's butterfly. That way you can get a visual representation of her power physically trying to enter a person's mind

Like a dragon or something. Have a giant pink dragon force it's way into her victim's head, and when she's done with one person you can see the dragon jump into the next. And when she possesses a crowd the dragon has to split into multiple smaller dragons, so you can actually see why it's less effective.

And then have her actually beat top tier telepaths in battle.
>>
>>94270900
Gen X vol 2 is that bad? Poor Jubilee
>>
>>94280116
Does Gen X get Blink, Gaia, or Mondo?

Because otherwise they're pretty outnumbered
>>
>>94280193
Fucking Chuck was such a cock sucker
>>
>>94283962
I liked to see all these characters who had been dead to have a brief appearance.
>>
>>94278731
>New Mutants
Cause of their film coming out. But fuck them, what about the New X-Men?
>>
>>94284202
> have her actually beat top tier telepaths in battle
I can't see any of Emma, Betsy, Rachel or Jean jobbing for Karma. Who does that leave? The Cuckoos? Quire? Maybe Sinister or Exodus if we're feeling generous?
>>
File: RCO012.jpg (603KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO012.jpg
603KB, 1041x1600px
Can we just go back to this era of X-Men. I liked Scott as a dictator off the coast of San Francisco.

Plus the various mutant scientists committing crimes against god in his basement was fun.
>>
>>94284271
its like they wanted the book to fail
>first time writer
>weird fishlens angles in the art
>terrible faces
>Bendis and Aaron's stupid kids, plus Blink!
>Quentin is the main character
>Jubilee making RuPaul jokes
>Husk not showing up
>Chamber being basically a background character with a dozen sentences in 4 books
>>
>>94285654
What the hell is going on in that beach panel? Is that supposed to be a fighting stance?
>>
>>94285734
Memetic warfare training. They're creating a new mutant form of dabbing to infect human pop culture
>>
>>94285714
Well they probably anticipated that to be the least selling of the Resurexion books so put minimal budget and effort into it.
>>
>>94272668
Who?
>>
There will never be a premium cable xmen series
>>
File: New_X-Men_Vol_2_12_Textless.jpg (42KB, 526x794px) Image search: [Google]
New_X-Men_Vol_2_12_Textless.jpg
42KB, 526x794px
>>94286079
Wallflower

Shy girl whose emotions controlled what pheromones were released around her. When she was angry, everyone else was scared. Sniper blows her head off.
>>
>>94283962
I think they correctly identified the Hellions as being the generally more interesting group and were the only writers to actually follow through on the promised impact of M-day. The biggest problem is how abruptly the New X-men stopped getting focused on. When their run ended the team was split up and reduced to background characters and the character growth stalled while they were in the midst of suffering.
>>
Is there any pic with all the mutants together?
>>
>>94276953
But Quentin Quire is great. He's a stereotypical SJW created a decade before SJWs were a thing.
>>
>>94286307
I can't stand his fucking tumblr haircut.
>>
>>94286307
>But Quentin Quire is great.
Sure, Jason Aaron.
>>
>>94286401
But it was Morrison the guy who created him.
>>
File: 1467669720346.jpg (69KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1467669720346.jpg
69KB, 800x587px
>>94286307
>Quentin Quire is great.
>>
>>94286379
He somehow had a tumblr haircut 5 years before tumblr was created.
>>
>>94286447
But it was Aaron who tried to push him as the next big thing.
>>
>>94276953
Current X-Men sucks. What happened?
>>
>>94286307
I wish he telepathed the wrong person, and his head exploded. I fucking can't stand the little shit.
>>
>>94286545
He's an SJW you're not supposed to like him
>>
>>94286507
Oh yeah, I remember him with a ''Magneto was right'' t-shirt.
>>
Quentin is alright, I mean you're supposed to hate him. His whole personality is being obnoxious as possible and pissing off the rest of the team. And he succeeds in that.
>>
>>94286605
I know, it's just that, of all Gen X members, he is the one who gets most of the spotlight.
And the one who doesn't suck by comparison.
>>
>>94286518
Let's see...
First, Jason Aaron made Wolverine the leader.
Then instead of using the current set of kids, he used Quentin Quire, Idie, Kid Gladiator, Broo, and even created another version of Pixie. His group of X-Men were the COOL and ZANY ones!
And people ate that book up with all its faggotry that they thought the rest of the X-Men were stuffy in comparison.
Then BENDIS took over.
Bendis who brought the original 5 back, didn't go anywhere with Cyclops revolution, and threaten to kill characters like Pixie because people asked to see her! That's right, the guy who ignored interesting plot threads that he could have instead would have issues of Ice Man and Cyclops broing it up and hitting on girls instead.
And then comes the point that SJW writers don't care to learn about the other X-Men. They like the X-Men they know about and who they see in Aaron's WatXM book!

Oh, and don't forget Kitty Pryde! EVERYONE loves Kitty Pryde! Aaron, Bendis, Humphries, THEY ALL CAN'T STOP SAYING HOW GREAT KITTY PRYDE IS!

X-Men died because Jason Aaron only cared about one X-Man, Wolverine. That and Aaron has a hatred for nice guy/nerd characters and plays them up as evil to the wild card/grizzly guys. See Cyclops to Wolverine, Banner to Hulk when he split them...
>>
>>94286695
Aaron and Bendis are the worst things that happened to the X-franchise ever, Casey/Austen isn't even bad in comparison
>>
>>94286566
How is he SJW? He seemed more anti-authority
>>
File: quentin quire t-shirt.jpg (674KB, 584x899px) Image search: [Google]
quentin quire t-shirt.jpg
674KB, 584x899px
>>94286573
Have you seen his newest t-shirt?
>>
>>94286726
Gee, it's almost like of all the architects that built up Marvel, they're the only two left, and it shows.
>>
>>94286726
It's almost like writers who only care about the A-List characters end up making the book a lot more basic and repetitive! See Guardians of the Galaxy for more reference!
>>
>>94286739
I hate this guy so much.
>>
>>94286695
Kitty was a mistake.
>>
>>94286739
To this day, I still don't get why people like him and Teen Jean over Hope Summers.
>>
>>94286841
>>A Loudmouth Jewish girl who could do the geeky stuff that every writer waifus as that one girl they crushed on in High School but never could date

It was asking for disaster
>>
>>94286896
Less of a Mary Sue.

Quetin is a hypocritical asshole, and Jean constantly abuses her powers. Hope is just the perfect chosen one.
>>
>>94286896
It's not people, it's editorial who think she is not important enough. I mean, her whole messiah arc got hijacked because pf editorial.
>>
>>94286951
Claremont was a mistake.
>>
>>94286695
There are 2 pixies?
>>
>>94286896
Hope is just a rip-off of Jean. Sort of boring having another redhead psychic on the team and there's not a lot you can do with her after the messiah arch is over.
>>
>>94287006
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jia_Jing_(Earth-616)
>>
File: armor black bird.jpg (607KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
armor black bird.jpg
607KB, 1600x1230px
Armor is super cool
>>
>>94287024
>I like pixie but I need her to be more weeb friendly

did he just try to put pixie and like armor/jubilee into one character?
>>
File: bernie america.jpg (451KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bernie america.jpg
451KB, 988x1500px
>>94286951
We really need more of those. There aren't enough to go around.
>>
>>94287008
>Psychic
She wasn't psychic. She got the powers of all mutants in her proximity. She was also more gun totting and tough than Jean.
>>94286952
She made quite a few enemies with her standoffish behavior.
>>
>>94287088
Probably editorially mandated to make new mutants but he was too stupid to make good ones that weren't ripping off a previous character
>>
>>94287122
Jason Aaron's original characters were
>>Sprite
>>Eye Boy
>>Kid Gladiator
>>Shark Girl
>>Warbird
>>
>>94287122
>kill mutants on a bus
>then make more mutants
>>
>>94287198
>Repower all mutants
>Cover the world with a mutant killing cloud
>>
>>94287218
*fart
>>
>>94287198
>>94287218
That is literally how retarded Marvel is
>>Have Hulk depower Red Hulk, Skaar, A-Bomb and Lyra in Limbo
>>Create Cho Hulk and a new Red Hulk.

>>Have Remender kill off Symbiotes that aren't Venom, Scorn, Carnage or Toxin
>>Having a Venomverse event where hundreds of new Venoms are made.

IT'S SO GOD DAMN FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!!
>>
>>94287278
>Kill of teen heroes in arena
>keep making more teen heroes
>>
>>94287329
I hated Arena so much. The fact that after Arena Marvel started its legacy phase is so infuriating.
>>
>>94286729
His hair, duh.
But no, he was anti-authority and punk, and was modelled after the students from the movie "If..."
>>
>>94287368

what killed me was that they had that Contest of Champions full of the shit teens no on liked at damn near the same time as the kill island book full of the characters people DO like

Yeah lets kill of Mettle and brutalize Nico but know who the fun book should be? Striker and Veil

is Reptil even alive?
>>
>>94287329
THEY BOASTED HOW THERE WERE "Too many teen heroes at Marvel"! THEY FUCKING BOASTED IT AND THEN WE GOT MOON GIRL, RIRI AND THE OTHER SHIT ONES!!!!
>>
>>94287490
Avengers Arena 2 when?
>>
>>94287510

Shut up! They'll hear you. God I can't believe people deafened that shit.
>>
>>94287465
Have you seen the characters Hopeless wanted in Arena? Hulkling, Wiccan, Kate Bishop, Transonic, all the Runaways, and a few other X-Kids.

And what's worst? The book happened cause he wanted to do a Braddock Academy book with his own characters, but the editorial told him to take the the Arcade arc and make an entire book out of it.

God dammit, I'm already getting worked up again! And the worst thing is that current Marvel has a cast of characters I outright despise, and I know none of them will get a bruise on them!
>>
>>94287510
You know, what really really kills me? The people who loved Arena and are asking for a sequel. And you know what else? They will put more characters we like in there, and characters like Kate Bishop, America Chavez, Riri, Moon Girl, and all the awful little cunts will keep having their own books. The first Arena damaged my interest in Marvel way too much. A second one might outright make me stop Marvel altogether.

God, why did Marvels have to go to the faggots?
>>
File: cat.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>94287562
>Not wanting Avengers Arena 2 starring Miles, America, Riri, Nadia, Moon girl and every new OC.
>>
File: team.jpg (1MB, 1172x1041px) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
1MB, 1172x1041px
>>94287585

It feels like not so long ago the kids where getting beat, broken, tortured, hurt, killed and worse and now however many years later the villains can't even so much as lay a finger on these new shits
>>
File: grumpyonder.png (66KB, 161x157px) Image search: [Google]
grumpyonder.png
66KB, 161x157px
>>94287654
Listen, Marvel might do another Avengers Arena, but none of those characters would be put in it. At most it'll be Nadia Pym. Surge, Mercury, Rockslide, probably Hazmat again would be slaughtered, but none of the "Bring penis shape cookies to your house" generation.
>>
>>94287585
>Hulking, Wiccan and Kate Bishop were supposed to be in Avengers Arena
If only
>>
>>94287671
Blame Gillen's Young Avengers.

That book and Wolverine and the X-Men are the key to why teen heroes got fucking ruined.
>>
>>94287739
I just want a way to get rid of all these OCs. I am tired of America and Moon Girl. If only someone bad or powerful enough just tried to kill them.
>>
>>94287768

Nope. They won't even so much as stub their toe. They'll get to invincibly walk through everything as the world tells them how awesome they are for having periods
>>
>>94287368
I'm still sad over Sentinel
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 562x237px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 562x237px
I miss 90s Rogue
>>
>>94287768
I can't believe no one told him Gillen that space lesbian utopia was a terrible idea.
>>
>>94287807
But that won't happened because you know why? The loud SJW crowd of Tumblr and Twitter. The "I need a role model for my young black daughter!" and "Why aren't there more gays in media obsessed with being gay?" The kind of people who say "I don't know how I feel about Baby Driver, it didn't past the Bachedel Test" and didn't get that Barb died in Stranger Things. The crowd who thinks that America and Moon Girl are this revolution in the media and that the world will suddenly stop being racist and homophobic because of their existence! The people who get so worked up that one of the pins at SDCC made Kamala look too white and Black Widow a "Generic Red Head"! The kind of people that are hounding Marvel day and night for this new diverse model but couldn't care less about the story! The people that when you argue that Episode 7 didn't really add a lot to the Star Wars lore and say "But it has a female character little girls can look up to!"

THOSE PEOPLE are why Moon Girl and America will never leave!
...until an even more obnoxious character that meets their quotas shows up and they move onto that character and forgot the other two. Hence why America Chavez and Kate Bishop are hot right now and everyone forgets Wiccan and Hulkling exist, the front runners of the gay movement before.
>>
>>94287841
People got mad that Tony Stark yelled at Chavez during Civil War II! THAT'S HOW SENSITIVE THEY ARE!
>>94287885
Favorite Rogue look right here.
>>
>>94287949

Meanwhile Anole doesn't count because he doesn't wear his sexuality on his sleeve and Hisako and Surge don't count because Asians never do for some reason.
>>
>>94287949
If you read Ironheart, America or Moon Girl books, you will get the impression they will become villains eventually.
>>
Man I don't even like X23 but seeing her go from a quite girl trying to make peace with her past and existence to LOL SO WACKY STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER is just....it makes me retch
>>
>>94288105
Blame Taylor and Bendis for that. Laura should have never became Wolverine in the first place. Hell, Logan didn't wanted that. The worst thing is that right there like fucking five Wolverines running around.
>>
>>94288034
First, Anole is not an A-List X-Men, so why should anyone care. Second, ew, look at that reptile! Gay men should be really cute twinks!

Asians never mattered in representation. Silk got canceled and NOBODY says anything about it. Toni Ho is a gay Asian, and nobody uses her outside US Avengers. Amadeus makes the smallest splash among people. Hell, Colleen Wing is in the Netflix shows, and nobody is asking for more of her!

GEE, It's almost like the gay/black people are the loudest bunch of fans! Thank God Kamala is actually likable cause you know she'd disappear as fast as Silk otherwise!
>>
>>94288185
>Laura should have never became Wolverine in the first place.
You know what I hate?
You know what I REALLY REALLY HATE?

The fact that when people complain about X-23 being Wolverine, Marvel's response is "Oh, look at these sexist babies!" It's not about that! X-23's whole storyarc was her learning to be her own person, not Logan! So making her wear Logan's mantle is saying "She'll never be anything more than Wolverine with Tits" is where everyone in that fucking company has their heads up their asses

GOD DAMMIT, CURRENT MARVEL MAKES ME SO ANGRY!
>>
>>94271221
Adam X has vague "blood magic" powers. IIRC he cuts you and you bleed, he and cause the blood to catch fire like gasoline.

His powers have never really been used sadly, as he mainly is a melee fighter with blade weapons created to have someone for Shatterstar to fight.

That said, he's mainly known for the now sadly impossible to do plot point of him being the Third Summers Brother (he was supposed to be a rape baby from when Emperor D'Ken raped Scott's mom).

>>94271008
Iron Fist is tangibly connected to X-Men because Claremont/Byrne wrote the bulk of Iron Fist's comic in the 70s, introduced Sabretooth in said book, and the fact that Jean Grey was roommates with the women from Iron Fist after she became Phoenix.
>>
>>94288202

the problem of Anole is A) "Ew, a reptile" B) He is rather weak for an X-Man
>>
>>94288274
>B) He is rather weak for an X-Man
So is Eyeboy.
>>
X-fag returning to comics after a few months of break. From what I gather the relaunch is a disappointment (to no one's surprise)

Blue was the only book of the relaunch I've been interested in reading. I picked up the first two issues when they came out but then I took a break from comics. The new cover with Polaris renewed my interest, however. As the trade is coming soon I'll probably get it, but I'm hesitant about having too much hope for this book because I loved Bunn's Magneto, but has he written a good X-book since then?

also, am I missing anything by not checking out the other books? none of them seem that great to me
>>
>>94278731

Tsunami New Mutants is important as being the first fucking step to get the Yost/Kyle New X-Men run back in print. Tsunami New Mutants and New X-Men #1-19/Yearbook Special basically are required reading since the Yost/Kyle New X-Men run makes ZERO sense without the build-up those books provide and Tsunami New Mutants basically introduces the bulk of the Kyle/Yost cast
>>
File: Cyke and Colleen.jpg (73KB, 435x485px) Image search: [Google]
Cyke and Colleen.jpg
73KB, 435x485px
>>94288265
>Jean Grey was roommates with the women from Iron Fist

Cylcops was even dating Colleen at one point, which was really weird because he was still with Jean at the time but thought she was dead just because he hadn't heard from her in a few days so immediately hooks up with her roomate.
>>
>>94288404

Ill probably grab it. Id love to see a proper Acad X trade

Still waiting on a goddamn Spider-girl omnib, but hey why celebrate a heroine who can actually carry a book for a 100 issues when we can push memes
>>
>>94288386
The Jean Grey solo is pretty decent desu
>>
File: Kuan-Yin_Xorn_(Earth-616).png (161KB, 273x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kuan-Yin_Xorn_(Earth-616).png
161KB, 273x350px
Wanna talk about wasted potential?
>>
>>94283962
When it first ran, people HATED what Kyle/Yost did. In particular, killing off half the cast and making it th X-23 show.

However, they made X-23 interesting in X-Force but more to the point, most people bitching about the K/Y run never fucking READ the previous writer's two runs (Tsunami New Mutants and New X-Men 1-19) and when they did, realized that K/Y did what was necessary to fix a shitty book
>>
>>94288554
Everything Morrison did with the X-Men is wasted potential.
>>
>>94273459
Sunspot is a mulatto edging heavily on the african side. Not an acurrate casting

>>94279928
Magik can solo the whole team and Wolfsbane can't stand her own against Sunsport and Warlock.

Cypher if we go by the New Mutants Vol. 2 not-fanfic is an omega level mutant

On classic levels it's: Magik >>> Warlock - Magma > Mirage - Cannonball - Sunspot >>> Karma - Wolfsbane > Cypher

>>94280193
Everyone forgets the character's powers over time. Honestly having the power sets be limited actually drives the artist to think creative solutions to the story
>>
>>94288594
It still hurts
>>
File: aged-x-men.jpg (260KB, 983x735px) Image search: [Google]
aged-x-men.jpg
260KB, 983x735px
>>94288310

I think Eyeboy has more potential, he should have all kinds of vision (x-ray, heat vision, telescopic, microscopic etc), + other things like 360 degrees sight, perfect aim and perfect measuring ability. I would even go crazy and give him the slow motion vision flies have (which would also give him super human speed and reaction time).

Not that I think they will ever do something like that.
The most interesting thing I can think abot Anole would be camouflage like a Cameleon, long tongue, regrowing limbs, sticking to walls like a Gecko. Almost like an alternative Toad.
I am pretty sure Marvel has ignored how jacked and strong Anole became the time he spent in the future in Lemires run, that or they have no editors. pic related
>>
>>94285714
To be fair, it's better than it should be.

Jubilee is fun, Chamber is kept to a bare minimum (and he's a shit character). No fucking Paige Whore Gunthries whoring around.

Also Jubilee making RuPaul jokes works to give the book anti-SJW street cred (see also them making M the main villain).

The only problem is that Quentin is way too passive and more to the point, just coasting along. In a lot of ways, they should have made Quentin a MAGA type and go back to his original hair color; basically make him mutant Richard Spencer as a foil for Jubilee/Kitty
>>
>>94288596
Power rankings in the /sp/ sense rather than brute force. Basically judging them as characters
>>
>>94286566
No, he's basically alt right. Fucker worshipped Magneto, humiliated black thug assholes by showing the world how they were ugly orcs glamoring people into thinking they were "beautiful", and shitting all over Xavier's plans to bring in normal humans into the school.

Dude was Richard Spencer if Spencer was a scene fag who dyed his hair
>>
>>94279928
Who's the native american girl? The one with the bow and arrow.
>>
>>94288658

Quire is a plague and should be ignore. Can you believe we actually MISSED seeing hte NXM class's graduation because the whole book was focused on sucking his dick about how great his destiny is.

Hisako who actually fought with the X-men for real got a off panel mention
>>
>>94288404
You're joking. Because Kyle/Yost run pretty much is "Look at X-23 try to fit in"
>>
>>94286726
Casey is still bad because he was the Prince that was promised. Instead, the prince turned out to be a worthless piece of shit druggie who eventually got blacklisted from DC when he single handedly killed got one of the Superman books canceled because of his drug problem.
>>
File: tumblr_oa0tq053Kp1qlrpiko1_1280.jpg (160KB, 900x1314px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa0tq053Kp1qlrpiko1_1280.jpg
160KB, 900x1314px
>>94288723
Danielle "Dani" Moonstar, aka Mirage, aka Psyche
>>
>>94288557
I kind of liked the earlier stuff. It had a autumn school feel to it. The K/Y stuff just felt like edgy tryhard shit.
>>
>yfw you read uncanny #303
>>
File: Jean Grey #2 (2017).jpg (875KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Jean Grey #2 (2017).jpg
875KB, 994x1528px
>>94288446
Yeah, i'm enjoying her book, she's horrible when in the team but just teaming up with different characters in he solo book she's not bad.
>>
>>94288799
The actress who will play her in the movie is beautiful.
>>
>>94286896
Grant Morrison made Quentin and more to the point, he was embargoed from usage for a good amount of time save for the occassional cameo
>>
File: warren ellis.jpg (108KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
warren ellis.jpg
108KB, 387x500px
I want Warren Ellis as the main X book writer
>>
>>94288814
I can't believe Hopeless is writing a good Jean Grey.
>>94288791
Is that the guy who wrote Automatic Kafka?
>>
>>94288814
I bought that issue solely for Hope.
>>
File: Ua92FN0i[1].jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ua92FN0i[1].jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>94288815
>is actually native
>is actually beautiful
>can probably act

I don't know how they pulled it off
>>
>>94288791
tell me more please
I just remember hating Stacy X more than life itself
>>
>>94273459
Not brown enough.
>>
File: 69_19.jpg (288KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
69_19.jpg
288KB, 1000x1537px
You may not like it but this is what peak Emma Frost looks like.
>>
>>94283962
They amost got shot in the leg with House of M / No More Mutants, but piloted it like champs and came out even better. I can't say much about their choice of survivors. But basically, of the main cast, Surge, Prodigy, death touch kid and Elixir where the only ones with anything really going and those where the ones who survived. One even got depowered but still had room for plot.

Paying attention to the rest of the cast happened naturally after it, not to mention that the Hellions already had a mini going so they probably had some ideas for each character

The only real shame is that almost all New X-Men / DeFilippis characters had great design or at the very least, great looks, it was a saddedning to see them get killed or thrown on the bus.

Honestly, i'd kill for a side stories book that just played around with the original designs. It's a shame Marvel doesn't do Elseworlds like DC likes to do.

>>94288557
Early NXM was comfy, it wasn't a bad book.

>>94288666
Shit man that's like asking which's your favourite son. I guess I can single out the one character that got shafted. Karma was barely developped as a character while everyone else had clear personalities

The big deal with New Mutants is that the kids and their shenanigans carried what was otherwise a mediocre book in terms of art an storytelling. All the main kids where clearly defined and hit with the readers
>>
>>94288993
Emma was such an slut.
>>
>>94289067

They never followed through with Wallflower's story and Wither just ran off to be evil because who cares
>>
what does Dazzler look like these days
>>
>>94289069
>Was
>>
The only dead kid whose death I regret is Tarot. He missed out on funny late 90s comics with her bringing to life Pokemon rip offs from her cards.
It was never clear if her power was magical and she was really summoning the creatures of Tarot cards, or if she was a supersticious psychic creating telekinetic monsters.

The other dead kid I liked is Negasonic Teenage Warhead but she resurrected thanks to Deadpool the Movie. Although her powers now are completely different.
>>
File: A-Force5-6.jpg (209KB, 918x860px) Image search: [Google]
A-Force5-6.jpg
209KB, 918x860px
>>94289149
She was in IvX, took down Black Bolt.
>>
>>94270868
I am glad Strong Guy is back.
>>
>>94289267
nice, that's a pretty good look too, wish her hair was a little longer but don't really mind
>>
>>94289301

he appeared in some spiderman title (I guess the main one by Slott), was thrown to the sky cartoon style by Hydra DR Octopus (who now has a cloned Peter Parker body + tentacles).
>>
what are the chances Uncanny X-Men is coming with Legacy or Gifted gets a tie-in
>>
>>94288993
Oh shit! It's Pearl from Splatoon 2!
>>
File: dazzleremogoth.png (264KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
dazzleremogoth.png
264KB, 495x750px
>>94289338
Much better than he look in Bendis run, worst i've ever seen her. Don't know if they've followed up on her dying of terrigen, hope they gave her a story arch soon.
>>
>>94289503
The word is arc
>>
>>94289503
jeeze that's terrifying
what book is she in now?
>>
>>94286896
Well, to be honest, Hope Summers lives with a unremovable stick up her ass. Serious all the time. it's good for the high stakes but no so much for simpler stuff

>>94287585
>Transonic
phew my waifu was saved

>>94287671
that pic hit me right in the feels. I loved everything about that period

>>94287768
It's astonishing how Gilled pulled something as great the Journey Into Mystery saga then dropped the ball so hard with Young Avengers

>>94287949
honestly it's astonishing that people tolerate this behaviour. It's clearly obvious that people don't really care about these things, they just look for opportunities to make an act gain brownie points in their social circle
>>
File: Emma Frost.jpg (71KB, 636x793px) Image search: [Google]
Emma Frost.jpg
71KB, 636x793px
Post your X-waifu
>>
>>94289668
>It's astonishing how Gilled pulled something as great the Journey Into Mystery saga then dropped the ball so hard with Young Avengers

I feel like Gilleon was operating on another level that nobody picked up on and all people took away was "Being gay and young is the greatest thing in life"

>honestly it's astonishing that people tolerate this behaviour.
They don't. My sister went from feminist to Trump supporter because she was tired of liberals trying to make her feel guilty over everything.
>>
File: 010.jpg (343KB, 1920x2458px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
343KB, 1920x2458px
>>94289771
>>
>>94289883
>Magik
Mein nigga
>>
>>94289771

IMO she is top 1 in Characters men like and women hate. As in "How could he (Cyclops) fall for a woman like that!" + their psychic adultery
It actually humanizes him, he is a simple man who likes blonde bimbos with plastic surgery perfect bodies.
I think she is hated more for being a homewrecker than for being a former villain.
>>
File: hisako 4.jpg (128KB, 952x881px) Image search: [Google]
hisako 4.jpg
128KB, 952x881px
>>94289771
>>
>>94289652
Not on any of the new teams, don't know if she's made any guest appearances in other books. IvX was last time I saw her.
>>
>>94288656
Eyeboy has a great powerset. Anole was like a mini Spiderman in some aspects, also that's not the first time he goes full bara on a future timeline

>>94289863
>feel like Gilleon was operating on another level that nobody picked up on

I think he tried to but comitted major false steps that made people lose respect for the book altogether. Chief among them was trying to take a jab at the whole "shallow youth" stereotype while making little to no effort to make the reader -not- see them as shallow youth. Then there were other important mistakes like suddenly making prodigy bisexual based on already finished arc, and the whole utopian parallel thing.

It went past people's "bullshit threshold" and they were so repulsed they stopped caring about any good ideas the book had.

>They don't.
Seems the US nerd fandom didn't get the memo.
>>
File: jubes.jpg (75KB, 543x800px) Image search: [Google]
jubes.jpg
75KB, 543x800px
>>94289771
>>
>>94290755

I literally ALWAYS forget she's supposed to be Asian till the one time every decade they bring it up.
>>
>>94290755
>tfw no Chinese vampire mutant milf gf
>>
>>94288960
Basically Joe Casey is to X-Men fans what Dan Slott was to Spider-Man fans. He was supposed to save the franchise but fucked it up and then some.

In Casey's case, he was an addict who was so paranoid about being upstaged by Morrison he spent ALL of the money he was advanced to write UXM on drugs so he could "out Morrison Morrison".

His main arc BTW was an immortal devil worshipper who stole the part of Nightcrawler's personality that was religious because reasons.

He also kept pushing for Sean Phillips and Ashley Wood as artist, even though the annual he did with Wood was widely reviled for being utterly unreadable due to Wood's garbage art style.

Also, Casey wrote a well received Superman run at the same time he was shitting up UXM (partly because Kelly and Loeb were controlling the direction of the Superman books and Casey just wrote random one-off non-myth arc stories). When Loeb left Superman/Batman and DC couldn't get A-List artists to draw the book anymore, they decided to retool S/B as a flashback book that dealt with fall-out from various major crossovers with the first arc being the aftermath of Our Worlds At War.

Casey co-wrote OWAW and was asked to do the arc but Casey turned in a story that had ZERO to do with OWAW. DC was livid, especially after Casey's defense was "I was so high on drugs when I wrote OWAW I forgot the whole arc" and he couldn't even of been bothered to buy the back issues to refresh his memory.

This came on top of Casey recanting a previous admission/apology to X-Fans for fucking up as badly he did and owning up to his drug addiction problems, via recanting that he was ever a drug addiction period. So caught in a huge fucking lie to cover up his degeneracy and having turned in a set of scripts that made it IMPOSSIBLE for DC to win back readers to S/B, DC blacklisted him and killed S/B shortly after running a bunch of inventory stories in it.
>>
>>94289965
Actually the psychic adultery DIDN'T humanize Scott. It basically irrevocably destroyed Scott as a character by solidifying him as a soulless adulterer who treats his bitches badly and always skates on the consequences because his wives always die in order to conveniently marry the woman he was cheating with.

Hell, the only ONLY fucking reason Emma survived Morrison's bullshit plot, was the fact that Jean got revenge by emotionally breaking Emma with her past and the fact that she could not get Scott to PHYSICALLY betray Jean. And the post-Jean/Scott confrontation where Emma admitted to only seducing Scott out of malice only to fall for the evil piece of shit.

Indeed, THAT has been the chief narrative from haters of the Emma/Scott ship, in that Emma is a toxic influence on Scott and Scott in turn treats Emma like shit. They bring out the worse in each other whereas with Jean, Scott at least was at least kept on a tight leash and Jean (prior to the character assassination that was teen Jean) was a legit good person who liked Scott without any fucking ulterior motive.
>>
>>94288850
Ellis already wrote the X-Books (Astonishing X-Men).

He was hired to write three arcs, the first one was so badly received (and pretty much shitted on Forge's character so much that Forge's appearance after it pretty much ignored Ellis turning him evil) that they forced Ellis to take on Phil Jimenez as the artist on the second arc (which was the only good one he wrote, in part because Marvel told Jimenez to come up with a list of shit he wanted to draw and then told Ellis, point blank, fuck you and your ideals, here is what Phil wants to draw, write a plot around these things).

And because Jimenez is slow as fuck and they wanted to wash their hands of Ellis ASAP, they basically burnt off his final arc as a mini-series and hired a super shitty artist who drew Emma as a porno comic character, to draw it. An arc that I might add, was a god-awful sequel to Jaspers Warp that was full of continuity errors, neutered the Fury to make him just another robot for the X-Men to smash, and featured the infamous "Nelson Mandella is a horrible human being and I'm GLAD he spent decades in jail" speech that pisses off people to this very day.
>>
>>94290955
thats hilarious
why was he so obsessed with Stacy X
wasn't the theme of his entire run like
>pop culture is ummm real evil guys
>>
>>94291452
Isn't that the theme of Automatic Kafka also?
>>
>>94291214
Jean has always been shit. KYS
>>
>>94291436
>featured the infamous "Nelson Mandella is a horrible human being and I'm GLAD he spent decades in jail" speech that pisses off people to this very day.

He was literally a terrorist, was in jail for conspiracy to bomb a fucking train station, and South Africa post apartheid has a genocide going on
>>
>>94291533
that's his only theme
like Morrison's is
>the atomic bomb started as an idea and Superman is the same so its all for realsies right?
>>
>>94291452

When Casey was hired to write UXM, he pitched a book with Jean/Wolverine as a couple (Scott was still possessed by Apocalypse) and basically wanted do a full-on Freak Force X-Men team. Basically any X-Man with physical deformity or energy/powered up form, he wanted them on his team.

Marvel vetoed this HARD along with the Jean/Wolverine relationship Casey and Morrison wanted. Casey so freaked out the editorial staff they basically let Claremont jump to the head of the line when it came to dividing up the X-Men. As such, Casey got the scraps (Iceman/Nightcrawler/Angel) and only two of the characters he requested (Wolverine/Chamber).

Stacy X was part of his original "all freak X-Men" and in the original pitch for the character, she was an outright prostitute. Editorial refused to allow a hooker character, so she was a chaste prostitute who made people cum via phermones she generated while being next to them.
>>
>>94291623
this.
Fuck Mandela. Literately the government would've let him free decades before if he just said killing innocent children was wrong and he refused.
>>
>>94291648
more X-behind the scenes stories please this is awesome
>>
Anyone know why they haven't just brought Maddie Pryor back onto the team?

I mean, they keep having Mystique join the team after doing countless horrific acts of evil (like what she did to Dazzler under Bendis, let alone killing Moira McTaggert) and that's not including the likes of Spiral, Magneto, Sabretooth, Emma Frost, and Bishop.

Why can't Maddie be brought back into the fold?
>>
>>94291757
I agree, she's a great character, particularly around the Fall of the Mutants era. But she had a good death, and her backstory is too complicated to bring her back.

Dani Moonstar usually fills the role of sexy badass normal these days.
>>
>>94291757
Claremont and Terry Kavanaugh are the only people who liked Maddie.

Everyone else at Marvel hate her because she was a road block from getting Jean and Scott back together. And part of me thinks, if they could have gotten away with it without Claremont quitting in protest, they would have had Maddie die giving birth to a still born baby back in UXM #200, in order to eliminate the entire Summers family in order to facilitate Scott/Jean reuniting in X-Factor.
>>
>>94291757

Maddy needs to stay a villain so Jean Gray's image remains untarnished
>>
>>94291648
Morrison and Casey got vetoed from the ideas they wanted to do.
>>
>>94291960
didn't Morrison want to kill Cyclops? yeah, editors are a good thing
>>
>>94288850
3edgy5me
>>
>>94292008
For real? The only things I knew were
>Morrison wanted to kill Rogue
>Morrison wanted Rogue to be like her Evolution counterpart
>Morrison hated Gambit, that's why he used Phantomex
>Morrison wanted normal people to study on the Xavier Academy
>Morrison didn't wanted Magneto to be Xorn
>>
File: thats_some_good_shit.png (213KB, 624x343px) Image search: [Google]
thats_some_good_shit.png
213KB, 624x343px
Okay this thread makes me want to read some teen X-Men, can I get a list of some good teen X-books
>>
>>94292116
>Morrison didn't wanted Magneto to be Xorn
So why the fuck was magneto Xorn?
>>
>>94292185
The New Mutants Vol 1
>>
>>94292116
>>Morrison wanted normal people to study on the Xavier Academy

Considering the whole point of the X-men was to achieve coexistence between mutants and humans, humans SHOULD go to Xaviers. You don't achieve harmony by sequestering yourself behind a gated community
>>
>>94292008
Morrison wanted to kill Rogue, not Cyclops. Morrison has stated that Scott was his favorite X-Man.

Also, >>94291960 is lying about Gambit. Morrison LIKED Gambit and part of his desire to kill Rogue off/replace her with a cliched OG Goth at the start of the endgame of the Cassandra Nova arc, was because he wanted to do an issue where Gambit and Logan have a guy's night out where Logan helped Remy come to terms with Rogue's demise. Fantomax only happened because he needed a filler arc to backpeddle on Morrison's failed attempt to erase the Phoenix Force/Jean retcon (Morrison is of the mind that Jean should have always been Phoenix).

Also, Magneto=Xorn was ALWAYS the end game. ALWAYS.

Morrison's original pitch had Moira alive/animated by Magneto via nanite Sentinels (Moira was supposed to die at Cassandra Nova possessing Xavier's hands).
>>
>>94292185
Generation X by Lobdell
>>94292346
in an interview a long time ago, he said he was going to kill Scott to cap off his arc or some bullshit
>>
>>94292520

I really like Bachallo art
>>
>>94292346
y'know every time we talk about X-Men history I realize it's a miracle the franchise lasted so long before crashing and burning
>>
>>94292644
it's literately the franchise that just won't die
people just love their muggas
>>
>>94292781
I think this could be solved by a more robust bible. Lord only knows what they are using presently.
>>
>>94292644
I mean it kinda has. It sells like half of what it used to just 10 years ago. They sold more than 4 times as many issues 20 years ago
>>
>>94292868

yeah but I feel that has less to do with the x-men themselves and more with comics in general. Sales are dropping pretty much across the board
>>
>>94292185
>>94292241
Specifically the Bill Sienkiewicz issues, 18-31 & 35-38
>>
Am I the only one around here who was hyped as hell for Remender's pitch of mutants colonizing a planet? Shit would've been damn great and fresh. Shame all we got from it was Lemire's "Limbo-Mansion"...
>>
>>94293866

I don't see it having any legs past the initial set up. Yeah the X-men have no shortage of alien foes to tussle with but sooner rather than later you need to bring in outside elements and if they're off somewhere on planet fuck then it makes it harder and harder
>>
>>94294005
The initial set-up was that they'd take every mutant with them, good or bad. Kinda like a gesture of good will towards Earth. So you'd have to lay the foundation of them actually building a planet/society, and det up how everything would work. And then you'd have the classic Colony vs Home stories to mine.
>>
>>94294169

Eh, again. I don't see how you can really extend out for a long period. I mean what's gonna happen? The Brohood decide to wrassle control from King Cyclops? Shi Ar or Brood invasions?

Maybe as an AU mini but as a mainline status quo? you're basically turning them into the Inhumans
>>
>>94283962
It was a scummy move, executed really well.
It was also sort of neccessary to justify the entire narrative of the franchise.
>>
>>94286518
They wrestled control away from the people who actually cared and gave it to people like Aaron and Bendis.
>>
>>94294247

Well a lesser writer would have used the deaths for shock and just end it there.

KY actually managed to give a lot of weight to the deaths and make the surviving kids really change and grow in the ensuing aftermath.
>>
File: 1406615983613.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1406615983613.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>94287642
>Arena 2: Electric Murderoo
>Written by Kyle/Yost
>>
>>94288185
Soule also deserves some of the blame.
>>
>>94288905
They haven't pulled off anything yet, they can still make a shit movie.
>>
>>94289367
I don't know. I think even Marvel doesn't know. They seem to be scrambling off late and just do things on a whim? Less X-books? More X-books? Exploit synergy? Who fucking knows!
I'm just hopeful Polaris might get back into a book.
>>
>>94289668
>It's astonishing how Gilled pulled something as great the Journey Into Mystery saga then dropped the ball so hard with Young Avengers
Gillen was too tricky for his own good there. He tried to work some kind of angle, but it just didn't work out at all.
>>
>>94294921
even though that was a mess, his Uncanny wasn't bad at all
he's probably a top 5 superhero writer of the past decade just because of JiM's strength
>>
File: what_is_this.jpg (141KB, 592x668px) Image search: [Google]
what_is_this.jpg
141KB, 592x668px
>>94291214
>They bring out the worse in each
Bendis thought the same thing, that's why he split them up.
Then he just wrote on his usual page by page basis without any plans at all and constantly ended up with the two naturally gravitating back toward each other.
Until he shoehorned some sort of discussion again where he artificially pushed them further apart again.
This routine basically lasted for his entire run.
It was awkward as fuck.
>>
>>94292185
New Mutants v2 + New X-Men v2
>>
>>94272668
I miss my first waifu of the millennium :(
>>
The "psychic affair" was fun as fuck, Emma is a good character and oh boy, when Jean Phoenix Force'd into Emma's diamond form and trashed her with that memories... It was the best part of Morrison's run imo. It was overall decent up to the Xorn fuck up and the Sublime shit
>>
>>94295048

How does Bendis work? I mean what does he just march in the bosses office and say I WANT X-MEN FUCK WHOMEVER ELSE IS DOING IT!

Ho are assignments dished out
>>
>>94278731
I need all the New X-Men/Academy X runs back in print.
>>
>>94292644
Well it was in a weird state of equilibrium where writers would try to work with the shit decissions from editorial while editorial would usually still weed out the shit decissions by writers. And whatever shit still made it through usually got retconned hard or softly.
It was a bunch of people roughly giving a damn about the state of the franchise.
It went out of control when Marvel editorial pushed every writer out who gave a damn and then went to sleep on the job for the next seven years so we could get perfect storms of shit like Battle of the Atom.
>>
will we ever get the twins back to the X one day?
>>
Post Best Fan Teams. I'll start:

>1. Cyclops was right.
>2. Emma Frost
>3. Magneto
>4. Fantomex
>5. Doctor Nemesis
>6. Magik
>7. Rogue

Come up with a better team. Pro Tip: You can't.
>>
>>94295355
I don't really care. Quicksilver was good in X-Factor, but Wanda literally has nothing to do with X-Men.
>>
>>94295355
Who actually is Magneto's kids right now? They retcon stuff so often I can't keep up.
>>
>>94295364

maybe we could fix this with more lorna and wanda
>>
>>94270868
Uncanny will be Prof X, Emma, Cable or Havok, OML or Laura, Old Beast, a Jean stand in, Armor and Magik

the team will be a callback to the 2000's glory days of Morrison and Whedon so they have every era covered
>>
>>94295580
Got any sauce for that?
>>
>>94295580
>Armor and Magik

ILL TAKE IT!
>>
>>94295628
Sorry it's just BS off the top of my head.

I figure we got a Stan Lee era book, a Claremont era book, and now a Jim Lee era, Uncanny naturally would have to be a Morrison/Whedon era book than it's just plug the spots with whose available
>>
>>94270807
>>
>>94296027

SO where did we land on the underwear topic
>>
So when do you think we'll see the return of our lord and savior, Scott Summers?

I'll be perfectly honest with you /co/, I hated Scott as a kid. He came off as a boy scout and a tool. but the years leading up to his death presented a character that was deeply flawed but did everything he possibly could for his people, which slowly grew on me. Sure, AvX was hot garbage, but damn if it didn't make Scott seem endearing as hell. Even Bendis had a certain amount of Respect for him not to straight up assassinate his character in his run of Uncanny. Now that he's gone, X-books just don't feel right. It feels like more than just being bad, they also have no direction becuase they don't have a strong leader.

With all that being said I ask you /co/, how would you go about bringing Scott back if you had the chance?
>>
>>94295430
only Lorna.
>>
>>94297421
Ultimate Pietro should be
>>
>>94297292
X-books feel directionless right now because they actually are. Marvel editors just threw a bunch of books at the wall with a bunch of different writers and zero plans for the immediate future right now. As a result, every book does its own thing, most of them just write arcs without any greater narrative and especially between books there seems to be zero communication so far. It's not because a character is missing. You'd think the whole Tian thing would be a bigger deal right now.
>>
>>94297470
Let's not get into that.
>>
>>94293866
>>94294005
>>94294219

I think they were going to be sent to the High Evolutionary Counter-Earth, not to mars. The High Evolutionary Counter Earth was in the last arc of Remenders UA.
So, the first arc would have been an invasion war against the HE.
>>
>>94297527
TheTian thing is being mostly ignored because Secrety Empire is shit. I do agree with you on the general uncohesiveness of the x-books, but that's also a problem with marvel in general right now. They just seem to not really give a shit about having coherent continuity. Shame really, they had more synergy before Secret Wars 2 when everything was going to shit than they do now.
>>
>>94297577
That sounds even better, actually. In a perfect worl, the Inhumans would've been X-Men antagonists,and the X-Versewould head for a more sci-fi feel than the overused "muh civil rights analogy" angle.
>>
File: x_23_by_arissuparmanart-db8o11w.png (2MB, 1460x2188px) Image search: [Google]
x_23_by_arissuparmanart-db8o11w.png
2MB, 1460x2188px
>>94289771
Best girl.
>>
>>94289965
>>94291214
>>94295048
You people are fucking retards and have absolute shit taste. Scott+Emma is best OTP. Jean didn't deserve Scott.
>>
>>94297527
This exact thing has been happening for years

In SIXIS the inverted X-men followed Kid Apocalypse and took over New York
In Time Runs Out all of the mutants made another X-Nation and protected Beast from SHIELD
And now New Tian is being ignored by the majority of the X-Books
>>
>>94270868
Was a uncanny xmen team announced?
>>
>>94297660
I think it's nostalgia-fagging because Jean was the original X-waifu. Surely these people don't actually believe that Jean was ever a well written character.
>>
>>94297669
That's because New Tian is a pretty shitty concept. It's a rehash of several mutant homeland concepts, it's spun out of a non-X event, and will inevitably lead into another mutants versus government conflict. It's played out.
>>
>>94298714
Literally all of the X-Books right now are just rehashes of old, played out stories.
>>
>>94297660
Scott is douchebag. He doesn't deserve anybody, not even that cunt Emma Frost.
>>
>>94298786
Yeah, but we're talking about rehashing a concept that was just wrapped up at little before this current one. And that prior one came at the heels of another mutant sanctuary. They're rehashing so fast X-writers are burning out on rehashing.

An actual interesting plot would have been for HYDRA to openly and completely accept mutants and Inhumans.
>>
>>94298786
>right now
The X-Book haven't try anything new since a decade ago or so.
It's just the same 3 or 4 storylines.
>>
File: 1486960662833.jpg (31KB, 325x282px) Image search: [Google]
1486960662833.jpg
31KB, 325x282px
>>94298811
Fuck off Jean
>>
File: jean-grey-wolverine.jpg (49KB, 311x425px) Image search: [Google]
jean-grey-wolverine.jpg
49KB, 311x425px
>>94298905
Real alpha male coming in
>>
File: 5157941-1.-cyclops.png (3MB, 1230x1740px) Image search: [Google]
5157941-1.-cyclops.png
3MB, 1230x1740px
>>94298979
>manlet
>butt-ugly
>alive for hundreds of years, is still nothing but a grunt
>legit weeboo

Real """Alpha""" Male. Sure pal, sure. Make way for a REAL Alpha.
>>
>>94289771
>>
>>94299122
And why does he get cucked all the time?
>>
>>94296027
Girls pulling each other's thongs is so hot
>>
>>94297660
what did I do?
>>94295048
I was arguing in favor of them.
>>
>>94298979
>Real alpha male
You mean autistic manchild that has no regards for his team?

>>94299292
>And why does he get cucked all the time?
He doesn't though. Logan went to get his sloppy leftovers in Jean whilst Scott 'The Alpha' Summers went on to get best girl Emma. And before you try arguing she isn't, they were perfect before her character was assassinated.
>>
>>94295210
Bendis is basically Angelica Pickles, in that if he demands exclusive control over a character/or a book someone else is writing, editorial basically gives it to him. And everyone is basically too scared of Bendis's temper tantrums/reprisals to say no....

Hell, the only ones with the balls to say "no" to him and back it up with, are Abnett and Lanning and Dan Slott. Bendis tried to outright kill the Thanos Imperative via hijacking Thanos to be Norman Osborn's "secret weapon" so A&L threatened to quit Marvel/go public with Bendis trying to rob them of their right to do the finale to their Cosmic Marvel run (which in turn is why Bendis went out of his way to shit all over DnA's GOTG run as far as taking over the book after they left). Similarly, Bendis was dead set on killing Peter Parker off in Civil War 2 so Miles would be the only Spider-Man in town (Peter was supposed to die instead of Hulk) and Dan Slott had to fight tooth and nail to keep Peter alive.

And that's not counting crap like him going out of his way to drive Heinberg from Marvel because Heinberg wanted to bring Scott Lang back/retcon Avengers Disassembled (fun fact: OG Vision was only brought back by Bendis to kill Heinberg's original ending to Children's Crusade; also, Matt Fraction's Defenders run got canceled because Matt was working with Bendis to try and rekill Scott Lang in Defenders and Marvel would not let Matt do so).

And hell, after the Heinberg thing, Bendis threw a huge tantrum and got made official law at Marvel, that Bendis outright gets first dibs on ALL new books/crossovers. Meaning if someone wants to do a crossover, Bendis can steal it from them or if someone pitches a new book? Bendis can steal it from them.
>>
>>94299699
>You mean autistic manchild that has no regards for his team?
I was talking about Logan, not Scott.

>He doesn't get cuck
lol even Emma when on to fuck Namor
>>
>>94299779
>I was talking about Logan, not Scott.
Scott actually cares about the X-Men though, and that's why he leads them and doesn't go off on his own randomly, unlike Logan. Logan is also the one who never listens to reason and behaves like an autist. I can see you've never read any X-Men books aside from AvX.

>lol even Emma when on to fuck Namor
>cconsidiring anything from AvX on
Read my post again. That whole event was dogshit and Emma's character was assassinated before it. Not my fault there's retarded writers who don't know anything about the characters, much like you.

God, why are Loganfags such underage faggots.
>>
>>94299903
>I ignore every development I don't like
God Scottfags are truly a bunch of insecure faggots, much like Cyclops.
>>
>>94299986
>development
>killing character personalities and making them completely different is now development
Wew. Always knew Loganfags were retards, but this takes the cake.
>>
>>94279496
>They got it right with Blue Hunt.
That's a fucking lie. and the casting is only defended by the fact that native americans are practically nonexistent in acting
>>
>>94301434
What did they get wrong Lord Contrarian
>>
>>94301762
anon you have eyes, you know what Blue Hunt looks like and you know what Dani looks like. To say that the casting choice is dead on is a lie. Saying that it's the best choice possible is correct.
>>
>>94286307
He is(was) an amusing little shit but he is still a shit. He's too neutered nowadays to be anything but annoying.
He's basically what happened to Magneto without the decades of flip flopping sides to.make us expect him returning to form on occasion. He needs at least a decade or two before he can be allowed to mellow out.
>>
>>94302048
>character that has been draw by dozens of artists
>durr her agency pictures don't look like my mental image of her
>>
File: 1499584850603.png (624KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499584850603.png
624KB, 1280x720px
>>94297638
>>
>>94292221
Because fuck you editorial.
>>
File: kitty skirt.png (2MB, 1193x695px) Image search: [Google]
kitty skirt.png
2MB, 1193x695px
>>
>>94293630
Somehow, movies are killing comics.
>>
>>94303512
Kitty was a mistake.
>>
>>94297470
>Jimmy Hudson is alive
I can't wait until Ultimate Pietro meets Wanda.
>>
File: 1447879-mightyavengers23mrsheph.jpg (805KB, 1280x1974px) Image search: [Google]
1447879-mightyavengers23mrsheph.jpg
805KB, 1280x1974px
>>94299715
Slott, for all his many faults, BTFO Bendis with pic related, and saved Peter Parker from Bendis.
>>
>>94295210
Can't believe that prick has so much power over editorial.
>>
>>94303256
>swn never autistically grab your hand and hold it, while asking you to cuddle her
>>
>>94299779
To be fair, Emma would fuck anything if she wants to.
>>
>>94305631
>If she stays, it's because she likes you
>>
>>94279523
He's still brazillian, as opposed to valk who is some mix breed and not at all representative of an aryian goddess which makes no fucking sense.

They at least got the face and race right. Maybe he can tan a bit and pull it off? I know plenty of spaniards who wind up looking Michael Jackson brown if they're out in the sun for a few days.
>>
>>94306533
Eh, could be. I'll always put ethnicity before colour (ie I prefer a lighter Brazilian than a darker African Mullato) anyway.
>>
File: Drawn.jpg (58KB, 564x798px) Image search: [Google]
Drawn.jpg
58KB, 564x798px
>>94289771
It's always been Laura.
>>
>>94306608
My autistfu.
>>
>>94297527

yeah you can say whatever you want about the 90s but there was clearly some sense of direction and editorial control. Writers had long term plans.

These days people are just seeing how long they can milk their shit before they get renumbered in a year
>>
>>94306703
Not to mention that all arcs and storylines are limited to TPB sizes. Very few stories are one-shot events in a single or two issues, and even if they are there's some "wider narrative" going on that links all five or six books together for the trade.
>>
File: 04.jpg (472KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
472KB, 1650x1088px
>>94292221
>>94303463

I am 100% sure Xorn wasnt originally meant to be Magneto. Basically, if you read the New X Men annual in which they rescue Xorn, 2001, it is impossible for Xorn to be Magneto.
The Chinese say "this is what 2 seconds of exposure to Xorns face does to people", remove his mask, and it destroys a family.
We see Xorn without the mask.
And Xorn, when commiting suicide, since he had a Star in his head, was creating a black hole that could be felt.

I do think Xorn was meant to be evil from the beginning, and that Morrison wanted a story about "while the adults are having drama about adultery, the young ones they should be educating were left in charge of someone they barely knew who is corrupting them, first with drugs, then with extremist ideology"

It makes sense for a mutant like Xorn who was imprisoned for decades in the most terrible ways, to hate mankind. Not every villain can be turned into a hero, which is almost an x men trope.
>>
File: 1501080998096.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1501080998096.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94289771
feels good to have her back in the spotlight
>>
>>94292221
>>94307126
I think they mean it the other way (if they don't, please correct me) that he didn't want the retcon that Magneto was actually Xorn pretending to be Magneto. I remember that Morrison wanted a story about how out of touch Magneto had become, shouting about his ideals while no one today actually cares about the things that he cares about or sees the problems he sees around him.

But then Marvel well "uhhhh we can't actually have Magneto die" so they retconned that it was ever Magneto and instead was simply Xorn pretending to be Magneto.
>>
>>94289771
>>
>>94307158
I really want to know what she's doing working for Magneto since the last time we saw the 616 version he had siphoned her powers to amp himself up (and failed to stop the Final Incursion)

You'd think that betrayal would bother her more.
>>
>>94307262
What's up with the Cuckos nowadays?
>>
File: 31.jpg (530KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
530KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307228

I never read a Morrison interview about that. I only think Morrison's original plan was not for Xorn to be Magneto. That it was a change of plan, probably as a fuck you to the editorial.
Ill storytime a few more pages of that annual.
>>
>>94307405
I don't know, but I guess they're stuck up bitches like always
>>
File: 32.jpg (551KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
551KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307419
>>
File: 33.jpg (395KB, 1650x1087px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
395KB, 1650x1087px
>>94307454
>>
File: 34.jpg (347KB, 1650x1098px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
347KB, 1650x1098px
>>94307475
>>
>>94307405
They (and Goldballs) were still with Cyclops and Emma by the beginning of Death of X
And they helped Emma for the rest of that mini

I think Mindee recently appeared in Generation X?
>>
File: 35.jpg (472KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
472KB, 1650x1088px
>>
>>94297707
no and it doesn't make sense with Legacy
>>
File: 36.jpg (495KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
495KB, 1650x1088px
>>
>>94307510
>Goldballs
Bendis was a mistake.
>>
File: 37.jpg (526KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
526KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307545
>>
File: 38.jpg (480KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
480KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307567
>>
File: 39.jpg (548KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
548KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307592
>>
File: 40.jpg (368KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
368KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307617
>>
>>94288006

>Favorite Rogue look right here.

That's Temus though.
>>
File: 41.jpg (177KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
177KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307638
>>
File: tsubasa shock.gif (819KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
tsubasa shock.gif
819KB, 427x240px
>>94299715
>and Dan Slott had to fight tooth and nail to keep Peter alive.

Im thankful for...Slott?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!
>>
>>94307656

*Tempus

fixed
>>
>>94307510
My mistake it was Phoebe
>>
File: 42.jpg (357KB, 1650x1088px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
357KB, 1650x1088px
>>94307670

last page, as you can see, I dont think he was originally meant to be Magneto
>>
File: cheeki breeki.jpg (85KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki.jpg
85KB, 1024x676px
>>94289883
>>
>>94299715
Damn, Bendis is a huge ashole.
>>
>>94307567
>>94307592
>>94307617
>>94307638
>>94307670
>>94307707
I miss Scott.
>>
File: beast.jpg (16KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
beast.jpg
16KB, 400x267px
>>94307915

I miss when Beast was charming and likable
>>
>>94299715
>Bendis tried to outright kill the Thanos Imperative via hijacking Thanos to be Norman Osborn's "secret weapon" so A&L threatened to quit Marvel/go public with Bendis trying to rob them of their right to do the finale to their Cosmic Marvel run
>Similarly, Bendis was dead set on killing Peter Parker off in Civil War 2 so Miles would be the only Spider-Man in town (Peter was supposed to die instead of Hulk) and Dan Slott had to fight tooth and nail to keep Peter alive.

This is news to me. Where did you get this from?

If these kind of rumours are true, Bendis is one step from becoming the second Bob Harass

>>94307750
go get mauled by an anomaly
>>
>>94307405
They're at the school doing basic cerebro shit.
>>
File: tumblr_luzgtaHrUv1qcejybo2_500.png (320KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luzgtaHrUv1qcejybo2_500.png
320KB, 500x510px
>>94306411
>swn pop her claws at another girl who approches you and asks for something
>ywn tell her to calm down and remind her that she's the only one you love

>>94306608
I fell in love with her when I was 12

>>94306653
Honestly, her autism is so kawaii~
>>
>>
>>94307315
Sounds like a bunch of shit you just made up.
>>
>>94309245
meant:>>94299715
>>
File: x_23_by_dandonfuga-d9dffjd.jpg (313KB, 620x893px) Image search: [Google]
x_23_by_dandonfuga-d9dffjd.jpg
313KB, 620x893px
>>94309232
DELET

Laura is not for lewd anymore. She just wants cuddles and hand-holding.
>>
File: 1486653237140.jpg (439KB, 950x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486653237140.jpg
439KB, 950x750px
>>94309352

Yeah, it's not the same without Kimura.
>>
>>94309232

FUCK OFF, WINGBAT!
>>
I'm currently reading schism. A shame how they offed kenji, he was fun.
Quire has also improved, though he's still handled a bit silly. Stressing his
>whiny nerd loser
side too much to ensure no one in the audience sides with him is a bit too on the nose.
>>
File: 1489714497313.jpg (133KB, 1400x968px) Image search: [Google]
1489714497313.jpg
133KB, 1400x968px
>>94309658

Careful what you wish for, anon.
>>
X GON GIVE IT TO YA
>>
File: armor cute.jpg (90KB, 518x800px) Image search: [Google]
armor cute.jpg
90KB, 518x800px
>>
File: age of x coping.jpg (1020KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
age of x coping.jpg
1020KB, 1988x3056px
>tfw they'll never follow up on Pixie's Age of X alternate personality
>>
File: age of x pixie.png (430KB, 281x746px) Image search: [Google]
age of x pixie.png
430KB, 281x746px
>>94313714
>>
>>94313714

The more they tried to make Pixie relevant the less I liked her

The soul dagger was alright because it's based on innocence or something and learning a teleportation spell was actually neat but then they went to much

>Oh she's actually a real fairy
>Oh she's related to Mastermind or something
>Oh now she has an alter ego

It was bad enough she went from literally the youngest in a retard helmet to full X-men side stepping all the other kids, Pixie strikes back was just dreadful
>>
I hope Emma is going to be okay after all this Hydra and O5 shit.

She's like, the last tiny sliver of sensuality and cheesecake left in Marvel.
>>
can Rogue touch people again?
>>
File: pixie 7.png (2MB, 1045x1019px) Image search: [Google]
pixie 7.png
2MB, 1045x1019px
>>94313802
It seems like a natural counterpart to Illyana's Darkchild form. I know people don't want Pixie to be Illyana lite but if you get your some of your powers from the same source then it's justifiable. It would be like a Green Lantern not using a ring just to be different. X-characters have links to each other. You don't need Aurora and Northstar to appear together but their shared powerset gives them more story potential when they are together.

>>94313823
She blew up too fast for her own good. This was made worse by her book being canceled almost immediately after her explosion. Her progression

>who the fuck is Pixie
>wow Pixie is neat, I want to write her
>wow everyone is writing Pixie
>All these stories with Pixie suck
>who the fuck is Pixie

was way too quick
>>
What ever happened to Hope Summers after Avengers Vs. X-Men? I know she decided to be normal for a while, but did she really never appear in any more issues after that?
>>
>>94314264

she was briefly in x factor and appeared a few issues ago in Jean Greys solo book
>>
>>94299715
>And that's not counting crap like him going out of his way to drive Heinberg from Marvel because Heinberg wanted to bring Scott Lang back/retcon Avengers Disassembled (fun fact: OG Vision was only brought back by Bendis to kill Heinberg's original ending to Children's Crusade;

So what was the original ending?
>>
>>94314035

Well even in NXM it was clear they where setting her up as Illyana 2 Welsh Boogaloo but honestly making her an older teen out of nowhere was what made the whole house of cards fall.

She became just another teen girl with a dark history. Imagine if she stayed a cute kid and they played up the whole innocence vs darkness thing more. Instead someone (Land) decided Pixie needed to be hot.

and yeah trying to make her Queen B of the x-teens was just, no.
>>
>>94314342
after that she went to Cable and X-Force. She showed up two months ago in Jean's solo book
>>
File: RCO006_1474518785.jpg (591KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO006_1474518785.jpg
591KB, 1041x1600px
Something I just realized

The X Tinction Agenda Secret Wars tie in had a completely new mutant, I thought he was in some few comics I never read, but according to Marvel wikia he only appeared in that tie in.

It is the Bulletproof guy
>>
File: RCO007_1474518785.jpg (688KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO007_1474518785.jpg
688KB, 1041x1600px
>>94314551

Also, those costumes of Karma and Wicked (this one was permanently depowered by Wanda) are new.
>>
File: 3d9.jpg (100KB, 604x800px) Image search: [Google]
3d9.jpg
100KB, 604x800px
>>94314433
>Instead someone (Land) decided Pixie needed to be hot.

I can't think of a worse fate for any X-character than being promoted to the main team except maybe being reduced to wallpaper/killed off. Maybe
>>
>>94314879

What sets me off like a rocket is that any time some C-lister gets killed off for shock value or otherwise gets crapped on drones come out with bullshit defenses like "Well it's better than not getting used"
>>
>>94315027
It's the cruel triad

>better permanent wallpaper, never doing anything but always creating hope of better days

>be on a roster, suffering through terrible writing

>be dead, free from suffering but with no hope of resurrection
>>
File: platonic.jpg (190KB, 730x732px) Image search: [Google]
platonic.jpg
190KB, 730x732px
>>
File: 1456017570295.jpg (399KB, 993x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1456017570295.jpg
399KB, 993x1536px
Costumes or uniforms?
>>
>>94316813

Im a sucker for uniforms.
>>
>>94313936
I'm pretty sure they're building up to kill her. She's been villainized more and more over the years, from AvX to IvX. She clashes too much with Marvel's feminist agenda they're trying so hard to push.

She's boring without Cyclops anyways.
>>
File: generation_x_by_chris_bachalo.jpg (304KB, 447x1000px) Image search: [Google]
generation_x_by_chris_bachalo.jpg
304KB, 447x1000px
>>94317134

All the same Id rather they not throw out decades of character development just because they got a bug up their bit about something stupid
>>
>>94316813
Uniforms for the teens and newbs, costumes for the vets.
>>
>>94308116
What did Bob Harass do?
also holy shit why the fuck does DC have fucking Bob "I presided over Marvel during literally the worst period of the company" Harass as their EiC
>>
>>94317611

Maximum Cloneage, Onslaught, Heroes Reborn etc
>>
>>94313714
>>94313823
>>94314035
>pixie is now a whore who fucks a lot of dudes

>tfw no awkward lesbo pixie in a special ed helmet
>>
If Claremont where active today who do you suppose would be each girls totally hetero sexual bff
>>
>>94313823
>Oh she's actually a real fairy
>Oh she's related to Mastermind or something
Those were part of the same retcon
>>
>>94318730
Not really BFFs but I think Claremont would really dig Illyana/Pixie. Probably some sort of "I totally loathe you but I cannot stop being near you and rubbing my body on yours" and "I can't stop corrupting your to my wicked ways young one" type of thing. It seems right up his alley

Jubilee/X-23 is a natural fit.

Wind Dancer and Wallflower.
>>
>>94318835
>Those were part of the same retcon

and they where both stupid
>>
>>94318947

Im liking Noriko and Hisako myself. The teachers pet and the bad girl. Plus we know Claremont likes the yellow
>>
>>94318983
I think they could both work. Giving Pixie connections to Otherworld and its fairy hierarchy and a source of magic unrelated to the same old shitty Limbo storyline (that they've already rehashed like 3 times) can only be good for her character.
Better than that time they tried to make Northstar a fairy at least.

The Mastermind daughter part was unnecessary but her pixie dust power has always been a little hinky. Its a hallucinogenic drug, but its influenced by her own personality, what she likes and what she wants to see (Bunnies and rainbows and unicorns)
By turning it into a version of Mastermind's illusion powers, but chemical instead of psychic then you're giving Pixie a combat power that she can potentially control and isn't just Magik-lite
Which is why I liked the Age of X Nightmare scenario where she'd gone through even more trauma, had killed people, had a more edgy personality and so the hallucinations she gave people were similarly darker (snakes that could scare a person to death)

Combine all of the above and you could have her focus her magic on casting illusions, glamours and sleight-of-hand. Use her pixie dust to fuck with their perception and then cast a spell to control what they see. It would give her more of a specific role as a magic-user other than Magik bus 2.0
>>
File: x_23_by_aosk26-dbh3ur8.jpg (90KB, 800x988px) Image search: [Google]
x_23_by_aosk26-dbh3ur8.jpg
90KB, 800x988px
>>
>>94319115
He'd use japanese words to get around Shooter's no gayz rule

>captcha is trans street
>>
File: yuri hard.gif (967KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
yuri hard.gif
967KB, 800x450px
>>94320601
>>
>>94309660
>A shame how they offed kenji, he was fun.
Pak brought him back at the end of his Storm mini series. Not that it changed anything since he hasn't been used since.
>>
>>94317134
>She's boring without Cyclops anyways.
Well she's currently trying to overwrite Youngclops with Oldclops.
Let's see how that goes. God knows Youngclops was insufferable.
>>
>>94314342
>she was briefly in x factor
You meant X-Force, right?
>>
>>94321077
>Tyke is now Rightclops in a younger body
>he then fucks the shit out of Jubes

You know you want this
>>
>>94321077

Can we turn Young Beast into Normal Good beast
Thread posts: 414
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.