[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

How come Vision was really good but his Batman is just okay?
Here's hoping his Mister Miracle is good is more like the former
>>
I think he's just too big of a Dickfag to write Bruce well. I mean the best Bruce issue he wrote still starred Elmer Fudd.
>>
DC really fucked up putting him on Batman. It's like they just saw good writer and went "Well, Batman is our flagship book so here you go! Make it good!". He's a bad fit imo and think he would benefit from writing more cerebral stories then big action stories. War of Jokes and Riddles has just fallen flat for me
>>
>Mr. Didio, I'm CIA
>>
>>94259635
It's not a fuckup yet. The point is that Batfags now know his name and his other shit won't go to cancellation as quickly. You could see a small bump even with Vision when he was announced on the book.

He would have been a better fit for GL but it doesn't give the same exposure. People pay attention to Batman. If the Miracle sales are bad from the start then we can say it was a bad idea.
>>
He's straight up said that he doesn't try to write Batman as deep as his other works, so it's supposed to come across like "a blockbuster."

The biweekly schedule probably doesn't help, either. In fact, more than anything, the biweekly schedule probably made King realize he wouldn't be able to meet/outdo the great Batman runs, so why bother trying to do so?
>>
>>94259791
>Here's hoping his Mister Miracle is good is more like the former
I think Mister Miracle bombing will be more reflective of how he's an obscure character. I don't think any of the Fourth World stuff has sold particular well
>>
>>94259458
>Implying editorial lets him have as much free rein with a popular character
>>
>>94259990
he's also said he's not good at plotting an ongoing so that also explains his writing being a little weaker
>>
>>94259791
>He would have been a better fit for GL
This, I loved his one shot with Lightray Hal
>>
>>94259590
The Swamp Thing issue was better than the Fudd one. The Fudd is good but the fight scene where they're spouting catchphrases is forced, and King inserts a lame Trump joke for no reason
>>
>>94259990
>>94260947
yeah its pretty much these things. he's trying to have his cake and eat it too by trying to connect stories but making them feel like separate stories and the execution muddies it
>>
>>94263305
I wish they would allow more single issues in their big ongoings. His best comics are single issues and not a big arc
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.