[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/nfession: I'm Bored because I Predict

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1493708908844.png (181KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1493708908844.png
181KB, 309x323px
Alright /co/ it's gotten to the point to where I can almost predict the outcome of every Comic, Cartoon, hell even movies, and all I have to do is see it once and I get bored with it because I know how it will end.

Does anyone know what I mean?
>>
>>94259456
Yep, you've seen so much media you end up seeing the cliches and tropes. That's what happens when you gain experience.
>>
Your intellect is wasted on entertainment and should be used for solving the worlds problems.

No but seriously, I think part of what makes a series hard to predict is the immersion. If the story immerses you, you won't try to guess what happened. Maybe you're not bored because you predict, but predict because you're bored?

Example:In The Vision, guessing that Virginia would kill Victor so Vision doesn't have to is easy, but I was so caught up tin the story it came off as a shock to me when I read it
>>
You need to find more material with substance. A story can only end so many ways, but how it gets there is where an author's creativity is put to the test.
>>
File: IMG_3962.png (724KB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3962.png
724KB, 2048x2732px
>>94259456
I masturbate almost exclusively to 2d girls. Real girls arent as sexy anymore. Not only in their physical apperance but also their personalities seem more selfish or fake then 2d. I feel like actual nerd girls or goths are the only ones i could conceivably have passionate sex with now. Also i was the one who slit his wrists on the last jack thread when the ending turned out to be shit
>>
My husband and I had our first child and breastfeeding arouses me and I feel like it shouldn't.
>>
>>94259611
This poster's a dude.
>>
>>94259672
This poster is a jewd.
>>
>>94259560
Jack isn't worth killing yourself over.
>>
>>94259456
Sort of, but I get less bored and more disinterested. It's sort of just re-watching something really.

I've found it actually takes a lot to outright bore me, usually it has to be something that's not just predictable but also preachy, contrived and/or just flat out lazy. Nothing worse than humoring something for the benefit of the doubt only to have your imagination have to do the writer's job in keeping your interest every step of the way, only for it to be complete, unentertaining dogshit in the end.
>>
To Clarify, the reason this came about was that ever since I was a kid I was plopped in front of the TV after school to watch a large amount of cartoons which allowed me to absorb the information and dissect it, then realizing... it's all the same. Here's what I gathered:

1. MC get's into problem
2. MC spends the rest of the episode looking for a solution to the problem.
3. Sometimes problem escalates, sometimes involving other people.
4. Most of the time the Solution is very simple or very convoluted.
5. Everyone has a laugh and I waste my time for another half hour.

Has it gotten to the point to where the medium is so afraid of leaving their comfort zone to where they can no longer take risks?
>>
>>94260406
In essence, this is the closest thing That I could find that could come close to my description that could apply to comics, movies, cartoons and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNwudFGUOU
>>
File: Your next line will be....jpg (99KB, 676x485px) Image search: [Google]
Your next line will be....jpg
99KB, 676x485px
>>94260406
I think it's just a case of writers being unmotivated to really push the envelope beyond the tried-and-true formulas when, for one; they really don't have to, and also having deadlines and content standards to meet that probably discourages them from going too far off the tracks into potential dead-ends that would only just waste their time. It's kind of the same problem with your standard mystery show; you always know that one irrelevant detail is going to get tied back to the A-plot, that one loose end the killer neglected would come back to bite them in the ass, and etc. And if you've ever read the adventures of Sherlock Holmes before, you might as well never fucking bother with anything else ever again because of how many times those exact same plots are recycled one way or another.

But that really shouldn't be a problem. A simple, generic plot can work unless the characters can't carry the show on their own. If you can guess an overly recycled line in response to some tired gag from a mile away (unless it's like, their catchphrase or it's a self-aware joke or something) then the writers are definitely hacks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.