[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should anyone give a shit about Steppenwolf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (267KB, 245x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
267KB, 245x408px
Why should anyone give a shit about Steppenwolf?
>>
Because Born to be Wild was pretty decent song
>>
>>94244607
Well said.
>>
You shouldn't.
With a team movie, especially one where it will be the first appearance of half of them, a basic villain will be easier to handle without taking too much time away from your protagonists who will really need it. Not very exciting, but that's what it is.

Don't get me wrong, it should have been someone else. I wanted Starro personally.
>>
>>94244709
I'd be happy with the White Martians. Lord knows MM needs the exposure.
>>
You shouldn't. He's just a tease for Darkseid. WB wanna do the whole shenanigans like Marvel did with Thanos.
>>
Nobody should give a shit about modern DC or Marvel.
>>
>>94244709
Starro is too abstract of a villain to fight right off the bat. There's no one the League can physically punch because Starro uses human civilians as a shield.

I get that Starro was historically the first JLA villain, but that's not the type of villain the moviegoing audience really wants to see. That's just more moral dilemma themes waiting to happen.
>>
>>94244575
Do you complain about too much joker and Lex Luthor movies?

If the answer is yes then you should care.
>>
>>94245829
Starro works for hero vs hero movies. There's no need for him yet, because we already got the hero vs hero in the second movie
>>
>>94244575
Are there any iconic DC villains that aren't Joker or Lex?
>>
>>94245950
Define "iconic."

If you mean "casuals and normies" know about them, then no.
>>
>>94245829
I know, it's why he would be great. But I see that more as a way to have an almost horror movie tone and provide something different from Avengers and Ultron, which they needed to do. Yeah, an army of civilians Diana can't just decapitate might be less compelling for a summer blockbuster, but it would provide something far more interesting than thousands of fodders who aren't a threat anyway because we know Batman won't be hurt by a random mook. And the light horror tone would provide tension instead of an obvious threat, which would be perfect because you can use that time to have your characters interact instead of just kicking Parademon's asses again and again.

And by having cameos by DC characters who've been Starro'd, you can have both the physical threats (villains) and the emotional moments (Ma Kent, Alfred, etc). And a mix of both; you have the perfect excuse to have StarroArthur being introduced by fighting Clark and show he's no pushover.

But you're absolutely right. I've known for years that the JL movie that I want to see would not be for everyone.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.