[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Would You Want a Justice League Film to Be Like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 584c311a3a251158d9a8b5756400a372.jpg (689KB, 1400x928px) Image search: [Google]
584c311a3a251158d9a8b5756400a372.jpg
689KB, 1400x928px
For me:

>Plot: Kinda a mystery/conspiracy X-Files-y angle. John Jones has been living on Earth as a police detective since being transported from Mars by a science experiment gone awry. Being the last of his kind and having nothing on his planet to go back to, he stays on Earth, using his powers in secret and studying humanity. Meanwhile, Batman and Superman are investigating some strange occurrences. Jones finds himself being pursued by other Martians who have infiltrated the government, and tries to contact Batman and Superman and unite several heroes to repel the Martians' threat while on the run.

>It eventually turns out that the Martians' plan involves awakening an ancient psychic space god/monster that has plagued many worlds, but has been laying dormant on Earth's ocean floor for millennia. The creature's name transliterates roughly to "Stah-Raughh," but is soon referred to by the League members as "Starro" for ease, and because it vaguely resembles a giant, island-sized grotesque deformed starfish.

>Batman and Superman are already allies by the beginning of the film, having different methods and demeanors, but respecting each other.
>>
File: alex-ross-justice-league.jpg (151KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
alex-ross-justice-league.jpg
151KB, 1280x1024px
>>94241398
>Superman has met each of the other heroes (with the exception of Martian Manhunter) prior to the events of the film in off-screen adventures, though he does not know them well. Being the one common acquaintance between everybody, he naturally assumes the role of leader, acting as intermediary between the different personalities and rallying the team.

>The Flash and Green Lantern become fast friends, kinda in this "opposites attract" sorta way. The Flash is very deliberate, mild-mannered, and somewhat nerdy, while Green Lantern is the red-blooded, impulsive, daring maverick. The two joke around, engage in small talk, talk about pop culture, etc.

>Aquaman is a bit of a loner, not really considering himself a "superhero" and just wanting to be left in peace, trying to balance his responsibilities to Atlantis with his wish to not be king and just live a quiet life, but he has too much of a heroic instinct to not use his powers for good whenever possible.
>>
>>94241398
literally just New Frontier except live action, a bit of new dialogue, and some more big budget action sequences
>>
Like the animation
>>
>Wonder Woman is the very ambitious one, who believes she can "save the world." Aside from superheroics, she's involved in international efforts addressing poverty and hunger, the environment, war, human rights, etc. She has this belief that she can fix all the world's problems.

>Batman constantly has to deal with his humanity and limitations, especially when surrounded by beings with amazing powers. He'll get tossed around and sprain his arm or walk with a limp or something, often need somebody who can fly to carry him, will have to think of ways to help in the fight without charging at enemies head-on, etc. Green Lantern kinda wonders why some crazy guy with no powers in a bat costume is there ("Wait, you have no powers? I thought Batman could fly. Do you have, like, sonar senses or something? What are you even called Batman for??"), but Superman always vouches for him. Partway through the movie, we get the JLA "Batman takes out some White Martians with a matchstick and some gasoline" scene, and the rest of the League is like "oh, THAT'S why he's here."

Batman and Green Lantern also act as foils to each other. Batman is always going into things with plans, while Green Lantern just jumps in and decides he'll think of something on the way. However, they also have similarities: both ignore their limitations to their detriment, being the two most dangerous members of the League. Despite being a planner, Batman also knows that the best plan is to be prepared to think on one's feet in the face of the unforeseeable, and there would probably be a scene where he and Hal are in some predicament, and Hal is like "don't you have a plan for this?" and Batman is like "yeah: FIGHT."
>>
File: JLI.jpg (86KB, 300x455px)
JLI.jpg
86KB, 300x455px
>>94241398
>What Would You Want a Justice League Film to Be Like?
>>
File: JLA1.jpg (68KB, 300x461px)
JLA1.jpg
68KB, 300x461px
>>94241425

Martian Manhunter is the centerpiece of the story. The main arc of the film is J'onn learning to let his emotional barriers down and get close to other people, which he hasn't done since his family and planet perished. Having been a virtual recluse on Earth for years, he comes to find a second family in the Justice League, overcoming their initial mutual unease.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo
>>
>>94241425
This is cool
>>
>>94241420
the tv show was my first real experience with the JL, so i am biased towards their depictions as well
>>
>>94241426
That should be the poster.
>>
>>94243177
>>94241420
Same. For me it'll be always the definite JL
>>
>>94241398
>>94241459
Morrison's JLA but the movie should adapt rock of ages. Show everyone how complicated and amazing comics can be
>>
File: 960.jpg (62KB, 960x540px)
960.jpg
62KB, 960x540px
>>94241398
Live action version of "Starcrossed".
>>
>reading this thread and seeing this much autism

Holy hell, no wonder people here hate the DC movies so much. You all have totally retarded ideas for these movies which would be terrible if translated to the big screen. It is actually laughable that you guys think that the shit you just wrote would actually be watchable and entertaining
>>
File: -- shine brighter.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px)
-- shine brighter.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>94241398
As long as pic related was a scene, I'd be happy.
>>
>>94241398
Get George Miller to do JL: Mortals, but omit the speedforce sex and hamburger plot device.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.