[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of Jimmy's Head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: jimmys head.jpg (26KB, 300x252px)
jimmys head.jpg
26KB, 300x252px
Explain why this is universally hated?
>>
>>94240967
It's the poor man's Space Jam (which is the poor man's Roger Rabbit) on crack
>>
It ushered in CN's brief flirtation with live action and killed a bunch of other original shows. Thankfully the writer's strike killed it.
>>
>>94240967
I thought it was okay, I don't get the hate meme either.
>>
>>94240967
Cause is bad.
>>
It killed CN in 2007 along with Fried Dynamite and TOM 4
>>
File: Kirby_Buckets.jpg (102KB, 500x375px)
Kirby_Buckets.jpg
102KB, 500x375px
And of course Disney had to get in on that concept 7 years too late
>>
>>94240967
The movie was kind of funny in an utterly stupid way. I like the part where Jimmy gets hit by a train.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dApG9ev8X8&t=19s
>>
Hoo boy, between 2007 when this premiered and about 2010 CN had canceled all their good shows like Flapjack and Chowder and the network basically became Canadian Flash cartoons, European CGI cartoons, and bad live action shows designed by people who didn't know Youtube existed.
>>
>>94241046
The concept is great and potentially dark. Kid basically dies and is given a brain transplant that gives him cartoon vision. It's a concept you can really run away with but not in this creatively bankrupt garbage pit.

The black girl is the only good thing to come from it.
>>
>>94241059
Chowder and Flapjack actually premiered during this time period, they didn't end yet.
>>
>>94241046
I never could understand the reasoning as to why they would just place the brain of their most prized animator in the skull of a random retarded child just because he got run over by a train that was clearly visible throughout the park.
>>
>>94241165
Based on the creators' blogs production on their series ended basically a year after premiering even though the final episodes weren't shown until 2010. And it lines up to 2009 being the start of CN going live action and outsourcing to other studios. I'm surprised Adventure Time was even greenlit, probably as a favor when Flapjack and Chowder were in production.

Imagine if Nickelodeon had bought Adventure Time like they planned to.
>>
>>94241228
What I can't understand is how he retained his original personality despite having someone else's brain
>>
>>94241251

brain transplant sounds horrifying. Could you imagine if he actually held the memories, personality, etc of the animator post-surgery? He'd be an entirely different person but everyone around him would treat him as the same old Jimmy, and while he'd try to tell everyone that he's not really him and Jimmy is fucking gone for good, everyone around him would be in denial about it, trying to pretend everything's the same. Meanwhile, "Jimmy" would start suffering through a crisis, leading to severe breakdowns and moral dilemnas on whether to accept this new opportunity he's been given.

Fucking hell, I just wrote a much more interesting premise than what we got.
>>
Why didn't they just add real cartoon characters instead of shitty OC?
>>
>>94241478
Because i'ts built around a parody of Walt Disney, which Cartoon Network obviously doesn't own the rights to. If they had used Warner Bros or Hanna Barbara characters they wouldn't have any one person to parody since there isn't really a figure head for them. They could have made up some cartoonist and said that he made all of the looney tunes but that would involve discrediting the actual respective creators of those characters
>>
I've heard the show made a gurren lagann reference or some shit but I couldn't be assed to find it so I'm calling bullshit
>>
>>94240967
Is this even /co/ related?
>>
THIS>>94241099
AND THIS>>94241289

honestly the concept of "character gets either brain transplant and gets cartoon vision" or even just the two separated as individual concepts for a show could with decent execution be wonderfully dark comedies.
>>
>>94240967

It was simply an awful, unpleasant show.
>>
>>94241915
You sure it wasn't a Jojo reference?
>>
>>94240967
Aside from being a boring unfunny show, it was responsible for the live action phase that nearly killed the network.
>>
>>94240967
It started off good, then they added that generic laugh track, then the writer's strike happed, and then it when down hill from there.
>>
>>94241008
That show is fucking disgusting.
The first episode horrified me.
>>
>>94241251

The show would've honestly been more interesting if he got the old cartoonist's personality
>>
I thought the ambush episode was actually pretty funny.
>>
>>94243525
The Italian dub removed the laughtrack and made the show a little more tolerable IMHO.
>>
The show is so stupid that they used cgi ketchup in one episode
>>
I can't say why everyone hates it but I have my own personal reason I loathe it.
> Be 11
> Have severe stomach flu
> In bed with 108 fever, immobile, with only one thing on the TV
> Re Animated, which was played 3 times consecutively.
> End up having diarrhea and shitting the bed.
> Having hallucinations about that fucking squirrel while I stew in my own bile for 4 hours until parents got home
> Thinking to myself, " There is no God"
> Wishing death upon myself.
> praying for the sweet release.
> Recover after a trip to the hospital
> Still have nightmares of those characters.
> Still haunted any time I have Diarrhea.
That movie, show and everything surrounding it can all burn in hell.
>>
Is Son of Zorn any good? It honestly looks like shit, I can see myself despising the son character
>>
>>94248783
Lol
>>
>>317544115
Everything stagnated in 2007.

Rise of Facebook, Big Bang Theory, Rise of Reddit, Great Recession begins in December, Moe Boom, Out of Jimmy's Head, CN city ends, Toonami replaces the cool Tom 3 with the awful Tom 4, etc.

Worst year ever.
>>
hate bump
>>
>>94241008
>Some kid draws to escape the mundanity of his life

Eh, it's not original but it's workable.

>Later seasons turn him into a fucking dimension hopping superhero

wat
>>
>>94249447
What's wrong with The Big Bang Theory?
>>
>>94240967
I didn't hate it, but I didn't even hate Level Up, so that probably speaks volumes.

It's hated because it really wasn't that good; it was brought up and leading into one of, if not, the worst age of Cartoon Network. It's not even all that bad of an idea to try to mix Live Action with cartoons to try to get the best of both worlds, and even how they done it could be interesting by bringing up a lot of different old animation motifs, but it wasn't done well enough to forgive how jarring it was and what also came along with it.
>>
>>94249447
Tom 4 was a mistake
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.