[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity War is likely going to be predictable and safe. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

Infinity War is likely going to be predictable and safe. What are some surprises it could pull off?
>>
Permanent character deaths are really the only thing.
>>
>>94237906
Kill off as many as possible. Without warning and without fanfare. Gotta be careful not to go full R.R. Martin on it and just do it arbitrarily though.
>>
>>94237906
All the old actors will die
All the young actors will live
>>
>>94237906
Asgard is permanently destroyed
>>
>>94237944
That's what they're obviously going to do. Thanos crushes the heroes (but doesn't kill them, just leaves them broken and scattered) in Part 1, and kills everyone in Part 2, then they undo most of the deaths but a few of the vets leave (probably Chris Evans).
>>
Thanos is going to rape Tony on-camera in a fully uncensored five minute long scene.
>>
>>94237906
>What are some surprises it could pull off?

literally anything

Indiana Jones jerking off Optimus Prime
>>
>>94237906
Peter dies, gets replaced by Miles and /co/ boycotts Marvel Studios.
>>
I expect some kind of multiverse to come into play at the end of part 2, allowing them to reboot or perhaps go a different direction.
>>
>>94237906
Nova or Quasar(male)
>>
I want Thanos to gain insight via reality gem powers that he's in a movie/comic and subtly break the fourth wall.
>>
>>94238146
Either of them would be cool, but I don't think they have enough time in the movie to give everyone their allotted screen time and still properly introduce them.
>>
Thanos kills someone who has films left in their contract, like Rocket Raccoon.

Having Tony die in an overly gruesome way.
>>
File: IMG_5015.png (1MB, 820x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5015.png
1MB, 820x1200px
Steve: Well do it together
Tony: We'll lose
Steve: Then we do that together too

FUCK how does marvel do it?

>>94237906
Kill characters in the most sinister way possible like have Tony kill Peter because of a reality stone illusion and have Peter die completely confused
>>
>>94237906
The Xmen and fantastic 4 arrives

this is the only thing that will surprise me

who cares if RDJ or Cap dies
>>
>>94238179
and falls into the fox X-Men verse, first person he sees is Deadpool who quickly hits on Hela. Hilarity ensues.
>>
I will be surprised if:

-Thanos isn't defeated by a quip

-There isn't tons of meta references to the audiences (eh eh, remember iron man 2007?!?!)

-The visuals aren't absolute laughable garbage

-It has a cohesive plot instead of just filler and shots made for trailers where all the heroes line up

-The mandatory death is an actual relevant character, not iron man's comic relief bodyguard or w/e
>>
>>94237906
Thanos has his helicopter, and gets taken down by the NYPD
>>
Is Cap gonna lift the hammer in this movie or Avengers 4?
>>
>>94238323
that'd be worth price of admission alone. sucks he doesn't need the cube anymore so he can't trip and drop it clumsily.
>>
>>94238285
>hey guys can you tell I don't like Marvel movies?

oh, wait
>not iron man's comic relief bodyguard or w/e
oh, okay. just shitty bait maybe?
>>
>>94237906
Howard the Duck is the one who saves the day.
>>
they reverse the polarities on the infinity gauntlet and beat Thanos
>>
File: cryfrog.png (120KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
cryfrog.png
120KB, 399x388px
>>94237906

Since all of the major actors contracts are about to be up and a lot of them have mentioned wanting to move on and there's obvious storylines for them to be replaced by already established characters I am actually scared that Thanos will kill for realsies no-take-backs Steve, Thor and/or Tony, maybe not in IW but in the fourth movie the year later, and I'm not ready.
>>
>>94237944
Martin doesn't do it arbitrarily though. Every pov character death serves some purpose.
HBO is the one who just goes to town for no reason.
>>
>>94237906
>Oops! I let go of the Infinity Gauntlet!
>>
File: danceoff.jpg (150KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
danceoff.jpg
150KB, 1080x720px
>>94237906
>meme-off bro you and me
>>
There are more than two significant character deaths.
>>
Every marvel superhero character that was ever in a successful movie shows up to help the heroes. This means the x men, blade, og fantastic four and Deadpool make a cameo.
>>
File: pls notice me Death-senpai.jpg (81KB, 252x335px) Image search: [Google]
pls notice me Death-senpai.jpg
81KB, 252x335px
Thanos wins.
>>
give peter the symbiote towards the end
>>
>>94239168
I can believe Evans and RDJ leaving and their characters dying, but even if Thor "died" Hemsworth would definitely come back. He doesn't have RDJ's career or Evans' ambition. It's clearly his most notable role, he enjoys it, and Thor 3 might be great.
>>
Death shows up
>>
>>94237944
You mean full David&Dan. Martin actually foreshadows his characters' deaths, and puts them there for a reason, it's the TV show hacks that do add deaths for shock value.
>>
>>94237906
Thanos gets arrested by the NYPD at the end of infinity war 2
>>
>>94237906
that is could somehow convince the people of /co/ that its just following the tried and true "heroes journey" and isnt any more predictable than say star wars is, building of stories and archetypes known since time immemorial but never getting old
>>
>>94241796
I have a feeling what a movie has to do in order not to be predictable and safe in some of these peoples eyes is that all heroes gather all kids and infants on Earth and rape them for 6 hours straight while repeating Mein Kampf and then they all kill themselves Heavens Gate style. Or is that still too much alike "The Marvel Formula" meme?
>>
>>94238389
>implying he's wrong
>>
Surprise character inclusions.

Wolverine, The F4 (fox i know its never going to happen) Peter ends up getting the black suit somehow, Nova, Red Skull Returns ect

Tony is actually the villain of the entire MCU helping Thanos get the gems before realizing he fucked up and he ends up being one of the few characters that get a perma death in the movie universe.
>>
>>94241910
That would be more on Raimis formula
>>
>>94237906
Annihilus is actually the endgame villain for Cosmic Marvel and we just fucking ditched street tier marvel for a while
>>
>>94238389
he's right though
>>
>>94237906
>Actual Death, both in the character emodiment representation and physical death.
>Thanos settling as farmer
>Showing any of the character they don't own like Venom, X-men(Phoenix especially)
>r-rated setting
>killing RDJ because Disney loves him so much.
>>
File: infinitygauntlet5.jpg (17KB, 229x300px) Image search: [Google]
infinitygauntlet5.jpg
17KB, 229x300px
>>94237906
It already surprised people for having Thanos in his Saturday morning pyjamas instead of his flashy armour. I'm cautiously optimistic
>>
>>94237906
Making Thanos the protagonist in the first part
>>
>>94237906

Kill Tony super early and then never bring him back.
>>
>predictable

Best husbando is going to take over as Cap and make it worth the hype.
>>
Anyone has the link or download to the leaked trailer?
>>
>>94237944
So just like "Rouge One: an Everybody Dies Story" then.
>>
>>94238049
>Thanos is going to rape Tony on-camera in a fully uncensored five minute long scene.

Come on, Thanos is no fag, he's gonna rape all the female heroes and force the Avengers to watch
>>
>>94237906
I hope they kill off Hawkeye

They have raped the character enough by giving him a family

Scott Lang is so lame too kill him already
>>
>>94237906
Looks like Thanos is gonna shit himself, he grabbed the gauntlet because he needed something to hold onto
>>
>>94242869
I honestly don't see how that's supposed to work. The whole "Thanos is a tragic and deep character" thing worked fairly well in the comics but movie going audiences won't feel comfortable following a murderous, nihilistic monster.
>>
>>94238049
>>94243171
Thanos isn't going to rape anyone, he's loyal to his waifu. It's the Black Order who will be doing the raping.
>>
>>94239331
>I danced myself right out the womb
>Is it strange to dance so soon?
>I was dancin when I was eight
>Is it strange to dance so late?
>I danced myself into the tomb
>Is it strange to dance so soon?
>Is it too wrong to understand
>the fear that dwells inside of man?
>What's it like to be a loon?
>I liken it to a balloon
>I danced myself out of the womb
>I danced myself into the tomb
>>
>>94239168

>Turns out guantlet is just excuse to reality rewrite
>James Bond all the actors
>Kill Cap since he is only one with an actual successor

It works
>>
Thanos will be tricked into killing himself to appease Death. Remember this post, you will need it later.
>>
Thanos kills everyone with his big fat purple grapfruit cock
>>
>>94243118
Except that was super predictable
>>
>>94237906
The only way I'd be hyped for this piece of shit is if Iron Manlet, Black Widow and some other shitters die and the post-credits scene is hinting at Thunderbolts replacing the fallen Avengers.
>>
>>94237906
Part 1 ends with Thanos snapping his fingers and killing half the universe.
>>
>>94237940
Vision has to die for the infinity gauntlet to happen. Will probably get resurrected at the end, though.
>>
>>94238233
It couldn't possibly surprise you, because for that to happen, there would have to be a giant "20TH CENTURY FOX" logo at the movie opening
>>
>>94237906
>predictable and safe
/co/ speak for
"it fits the tone of the comics and it features accurate character depictions in place of edgy deconstructions of characters."
>>
Working trailer links?
>>
>>Finale battle
>>Thanos grabs Tony in one hand
>>War Machine in the other.
>>Tony "Hey Rhodey! Let's do it like last time!"
>>War Machine and Iron Man fire their repulsers at each other
>>Explosion
>>Thanos defeated
>>
>>94244373
And Thor and Captain America. Avengers 4 will be the last movies for Hemsworth and Evans according to their contracts. For now at least.
>>
Thanos dies in the first act
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.