[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please, make it stop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: nmm.png (210KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nmm.png
210KB, 640x360px
Please, make it stop.
>>
>>94236501
I think we need more movies, I think its time for the Image Comics Cinematic Universe, the ICCU.
>>
Anon, you must accept the painful fact that the popularity of comic book movies has drastically surpassed the popularity of comic books themselves
>>
>>94236532
This. And the Valiant Comics Cinematic Universe.
>>
File: 1501274186763.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501274186763.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>94236501
You don't want the comic movie-fad to stop. You think you do, but that's only because you aren't smart enough to know what the next fad is... Live-action anime-adaptation films.
>>
File: b0063p00000000.jpg (464KB, 499x776px) Image search: [Google]
b0063p00000000.jpg
464KB, 499x776px
>>94236532
APCU when
>>
>>94236566
I thought GITS smothered that in the cradle. Akira, Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion adaptations have all been damned to development hell for more than fifteen years.
>>
>>94236566
Or worse... Video Game movies.
>>
>>94236556
>Anon, you must accept the painful fact that the popularity of comic book movies has drastically surpassed the popularity of comic books themselves
The people who watched those films WANT to read the comics. But they are not going to go to a comic book store to get them. You have to put the comics in arms reach.

The rest of the planet understand that, too bad America doesn't.
>>
>>94236566
That's fine, I don't give a shit about anime.
>>
>>94236614
Isn't there still a Battle Angel movie in the works?
>>
>>94236680
James Cameron has been threatening to make a Battle Angel movie since the 80s.
>>
>>94236635
Because going to a comics shop is such a dangerous and arduous undertaking. Give me a fucking break.
>>
File: 1500997990588.jpg (56KB, 512x642px) Image search: [Google]
1500997990588.jpg
56KB, 512x642px
>>94236614
That's only because anime hasn't had a Raimi yet to figure out how to make it work in a way that's palatable to a future audience. GITS tanked because it was a poor adaptation that took material from all the wrong parts of GITS, which translated to it being also a mediocre film.

Anime these days ia very much in a similar position as comics were back in the 90's and early 00's, and modern audiences these days are far more warm to anime than they were years ago, and casuals aren't the type to be animation purists. Just you wait. when Hollywood figures out the secret to live action kawaii, it's going to explode, and it will be unbearable.
>>
>>94236737
It can get pretty cringey, and I've been frequenting shops for decades
>>
>>94236635
What is online? What is Marvel putting their digital stuff up?

Also it won't hurt to actually go into a comic store. They sell other stuff than comics. It's no more cringe than going into a GameStop & picking up an Xbox or PlayStation.
>>
>>94236556
movies aren't the problem, though. if anything we should be celebrating the fact we completely took over the film industry. its the autists are insist on ruining it and obsessively complaining about it 24/7. it'd make more sense to have MCU and DCCU general or something, but instead we have countless shitpost threads. great isn't it?
>>
>>94236556

It's not a matter of wanting the comics to be popular it's just needing a break. Im exhausted by this point
>>
If you don't want to see them anon, then don't. I haven't seen any Marvel movies since Civil War and amazingly nobody's kicked the door in to my house and shot me yet.
>>
>>94238781
>buying a Shillbox at Gamestop

LOL I went there with a friend once and they tried to sell me World of Warcraft, their single PC title. I just looked at the salesperson like he was retarded and he quickly ran off to sell an xbox to the nigger who just walked in.
>>
>>94236501
Why?
Comic book films have been popular since the late 70s/early 80s.
>>
I'm fine with the movies existing, it's even nice that some people form some sort of interest in comics from them.

Though of course 99% of the people who say "I want to get into comics!" are just part of the pop-culture hotdog-eating contest where they want to shove as much of it down their throat as fast as possible without bothering to actually enjoy it. The same people will next month say "I want to get into Star Trek!" because they saw that movie, and will marathon all of the series in order while barely paying attention and spending most of the time on their phones or posting photos of themselves watching Star Trek, and then will do the same with whatever the next "nerd" thing they think they're supposed to like is. D&D? LotR? Classic horror films? You're not supposed to have dedicated, long-lasting interest in something, you're supposed to have a surface-level interest in as many things as possible. Why sell something well-crafted to a few dedicated fans when you can sell something a Funkopop to many people, and then sell them hundreds more funkopops of all the other brands you told them they're supposed to enjoy?

I do still find it strange that aspects of these comics I grew up with have now entered the general film lexicon. Like how various lines from Marvel films have become iconic moments in cinema already. I guess it's not any different from how lines from the LotR films are more iconic than any single line from the original books.
>>
>>94239180
>I do still find it strange that aspects of these comics I grew up with have now entered the general film lexicon. Like how various lines from Marvel films have become iconic moments in cinema already. I guess it's not any different from how lines from the LotR films are more iconic than any single line from the original books.

why is it strange? just because you grew up a fan of something doesn't mean when it becomes a cinematic franchise its off limits from mainstream attention. it shouldn't enhance or ruin your original experiences with the source material. fans of novels have dealt with this for years. just ask any harry potter, game of thrones, hell even twilight fans. its nothing new.
>>
>>94236737
>Because going to a comics shop is such a dangerous and arduous undertaking. Give me a fucking break.
That is not how you sell a product. If you want to put up barriers of entry, don't be surprised that the customers just spend their money somewhere else.

Imagine if candy is only available at a candy store, and not at the checkout isles of the supermarket across the planet. Would people still buy candy? Sure. Would they sell as much candy without the constant exposure? No.
>>
>>94239284
I don't mean that in a way of not being able to understand it or it being a bad thing, I mean that it feels weird as in surreal that people are talking about Thor and quoting him and speculating on his future adventures, but it's not the same Thor I grew up with, it's one who is similar in some details but completely different in others.

Of course it's ironic I use that example because Thor himself was an adaptation of an existing character whose basic details were the same but actual story was its own thing.

I'm not saying it's bad or that it's some new phenomenon, just something that's a new experience for me.
>>
I wish.
>>
>>94238891
The Mouseketeers have been notified. Expect them shortly.
>>
>>94236501
Post Olsen version
>>
>>94239516
yeah i get that. its weird because I was born in a time frame where it wasn't really at the height of the comic book craze or the comic book movie craze. i read some comics as a kid, but not a lot, but i still like a lot of the characters from marvel and dc. so while i suppose its hard for me to relate to someone who's probably been a fan their whole life and read comics regularly. like, i liked tons of stuff as a kid. i went from liking star wars, to power rangers, to godzilla, to video games, etc. etc. i don't really have one thing that i feel i grew up with. i think the closest thing to that is power rangers, but everything PRs related today is shit, so.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.