[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Todd McFarlane Kills Marvel Ass Kisser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3009.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3009.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
https://youtu.be/eWgv6WiFTrY
>>
So any hopes for the Spawn movie
>>
Oh, I thought you meant literally. Shame.
>>
>>94230121
>McFarlane face when he says he's talking about the movies.
>>
Michael Jai White should play Spawn again
>>
pretty classless to geek out over MCU out of nowhere when Todd's personally shilling his movie for the camera, of course he was going to go on the attack

he barely said anything though OP, this thread is shit and so are you
>>
>>94230808

Just let him have his moment of happiness. The MCU gets too much praise for it's level of mediocrity.
>>
NONONONON

>b-b-but Feige

NONONONONONONONONONONONO
>>
>>94230121
That Frosty guy so retarded. The MCU movies are praised because they attempt to up the fantastical. McFarlane was claiming the exact opposite.
>>
I can't tell what anyone is talking about
>>
>>94230121
Todd fucking hates Marvel for how they screwed over him and other artists back in the day hence why he later formed Image.

So when a shill like Frosty jumps on him and says he's taking from Marvel that hits Todd personally.
>>
>>94235057

He was triggered.
>>
>>94230121

I've never even heard of Collider before, what are some good comic book websites?
Most of the websites I know only post news about the movies, ComicVine is ok but they literally like every comic in their reviews and the forums are focusing on power levels and death battle shit.
>>
If the villain from Iron Man counts as a second fantastical element then wouldn't any villain in the Spawn movie do the same?
>>
>>94237187

Go with CBR or Newsarama. My fave is CBR.
>>
>>94237234

not if it's just some random gangster villain
>>
>>94237274
I've never read Spawn, is that most often the case?
>>
>>94235057
>Todd fucking hates Marvel for how they screwed over him and other artists back in the day hence why he later formed Image.
And is that why he screw over Neil Gaiman?
>>
>>94237329
Spawn is basically an anime Isekai genre why the protagonist is a loser than reincarnated in a godlike being with a cheat ability. And in Spawn's case, he hitman that was killed and reincarnated into a supernatural ghoul of sorts. And eventually transcended into a being capable of rivaling the God and Devil in power. Classic self-insert power fantasy.
>>
>>94237420
So no, he doesn't just fight street level gangsters?
>>
File: faggotry.png (803KB, 1118x523px) Image search: [Google]
faggotry.png
803KB, 1118x523px
>>94230121

>That channel
>It's all about company wars and movie cancer

Fuck off with your faggot channel

For fucking Jesus H. Christ sake the big two fans are even bigger retards than the average /v/ user.

I'm glad I pirate all this Superhero Jew garbage so I feel less bad even liking it a little bit

I think fucking hate Super hero comics now fuck the kikes who invented it, I wish Hitler won so fucking Yids like Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and the two faggots that created Superman were shot in the back of the neck a concentration camp
>>
>>94237420

I think I'm gonna read Spawn from the beginning. Respect to Todd for not renumbering his series and actually making a pretty cool cape book at Image. I kind of hate reading Image books that come out now because it feels like a bunch of TV pitches.
>>
>>94237472
He start off fight street level stuff, slowly progress to fighting supernatural angels and demons and eventually start fighting literal cosmic abstracts, aka God and Devil.
>>
>>94237510
Okay then. If they go with that then super, but if they use a super natural threat as a villain then Todd is full of shit.
>>
Oh I had no idea it was pronounced Feige, I thought it was pronounced Feige.
>>
>>94231621
>The MCU gets too much praise for it's level of mediocrity.
Not really.
>>
File: 1480896247799.jpg (14KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480896247799.jpg
14KB, 288x288px
>>94230121
What kind of man wears nail polish?
>>
>>94237472

No.
Here's the basic premise of Spawn.

He dies.
He goes to Hell.
Once in Hell, he makes a deal with the demon Malebogia (One of the lords of Hell). The deal is that if Malebogia allows him to see his wife one last time, he'll serve him as a Hellspawn.
Spawn is basically wearing an demonic symbiote that runs on a substance called Necroplasm (Which is also the only substance from Hell that can materialize itself on Earth). Spawn's entire shtick is that he's Superman level bullshit, but unlike Superman who can keep going and going from a constant source of sunlight, Spawn has (I shit you not) a literal countdown "Clock" that represents 9,999 Necroplasm.
Every time he uses his powers, his Necroplasm drains a little (The first time Spawn uses it, it drains from 9,999 to 9,995 because he used it to make a bomb). Once it reaches 0000, he gets dragged back down to Hell, his time on Earth spent.

Spawn, however, has no desire to return to Hell. So he tends to use up as little power as possible, while trying to find a new purpose for himself. For many of the early stories, Spawn is pretty much everything Frank Castle wishes he could be.
A spooky, unkillable boogeyman who hunts down violent criminals and unleashes unspeakable amounts of pain and anguish upon them.
It sounds like this is the part of the character Tom wants to base the movie on.
>>
>>94237682

the kind who goes by the name of "Frosty"
>>
>>94237742
Spawn hasn't been that in a long time.
>>
File: 1486247111081.jpg (14KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
1486247111081.jpg
14KB, 275x207px
Can we please stop spouting the meme that Marvel treated Todd badly? The dude made a fortune off the back of Marvel comics. He and Rob Liefeld were their golden boys in the 90's. Todd left them in a fit of childish rage after they told him he couldn't use their branding for his own creator owned stuff. His reaction was to staff-poach their artists and found Image which he then used to screw over people like Gaiman and Moore. He founded Image under the pretenses of a company that wouldn't screw over artists and writers and then literally did that to Gaiman and Moore after they put their faith in him.

Marvel has a track record for sticking it to artists and writers (so does DC), there's no doubt. What they did to people like Shuster and Siegel or Tom Kirby is unbelievably disrespectful and classless. But Todd is also a fucking douchebag. He's a few steps below Bob Kane in terms of how far he's gone to screw other people in the industry for his own financial benefit. He's a deluded, self-indulgent hack that happens to be a good artist and had one character that became a hit in the 90's and has only held onto any relevancy because of the nostalgia associated with it from all those years ago.

I know it's popular to hate Marvel nowadays, but please, please stop trying to defend the cunt that is Todd McFarlane.
>>
>>94238085
>Tom Kirby
Er, wrong guy.
>>
>>94238085
>>94238129

Yeah, was just on /tg/ and had 40k on the mind. Meant Jack Kirby.
>>
>>94237353
He had it coming
>>
>>94238085
t. Neil Gaymen

Mcfarlane is /our guy/
>>
>>94230121
I actually agree with him, and it is a massive reason as to why the MCU is so milktoast. They want to act like everything is so unique, yet so much is shoved at you at once and everyone is so intensely linked that none of it feels special. That's why it was so important for Marvel titles to be solo works and only do crossovers sometimes, so that character can still feel special in a world of superpowers.
>>
>>94237789
>Spawn hasn't been that in a long time.

No, but from the way Todd is talking, it sounds like he's going to go with that, instead of the whole Heaven vs Hell Armageddon war thing.
Or that time Spawn switched to being a different Spawn who was a wild west gunslinger.
That was weird.
>>
>>94237479
>being this assblasted

Just end yourself if you're that trouble.
>>
>>94238413
>They want to act like everything is so unique
How?
>>
>>94238543
>Its different from other Marvel movies

This is applied to virtually every new upcoming film. That is until people actually see them and its the same thing as before.
>>
>>94238699
Isn't that just advertising?
>>
>>94238413
This. It's how the Punisher has stayed good for so long and it's why we're lucky enough to have things like Logan, which definitely wouldn't have worked if the X movies were tied to the MCU.
>>
>>94237533

In interviews, he sorta compared his franchise to low budget franchises that have lots of sequels like Paranormal Activity or Saw, not in terms of genre but in terms of how they work budget wise and how often they release. Guess if his movie works out, he'd keep introducing villains every sequel til it reaches those supernatural levels later.
>>
Dammit, he should.
>>
>>94230770
>>94230770
Dammit, he should
>>
>>94230121
a spawn reboot. while i like the idea im not sure why todd is even needed. he bailed on the comic come issue what 17 i think

no offense to todd but im not even sure if there will be a spawn movie like in 4 days he will give up. we never got the ending he promised for the comics allegedly there was a road map and at the first chance he got he bailed and said he didnt need comic book money he had toy money
>>
>>94230121
It sounds like his tongue is swollen
>>
>>94239178
He did a lot of drugs in the 90s
>>
>>94239178
The tongue is a muscular hydrostat
>>94239210
The tongue is a muscular hydrostat
>>
Spawn was like most early Image titles - a half-baked book by a great drawer who was also a terrible writer.
>>
>>94239178
He's a geeky jew, of course he sounds like that. Half of the people on this board probably sound like that. I had an overbite and bad sinuses as a kid and sounded just like that.
>>
File: expert dodge.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
expert dodge.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>94238354

mcfarlane is a neonazi?
>>
>>94239149

Todd still writes it you douche. Its on issue like 276 or something now
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.