[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BB thread I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_ot97grq4HV1ub18gfo1_1280.jpg (459KB, 1247x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ot97grq4HV1ub18gfo1_1280.jpg
459KB, 1247x1920px
So does this mean their retconning the scarab back to alien tech.
>>
>>94229403
>retconning the scarab back to alien tech
I hope they do. It makes more sense for it to be alien tech than magic .
>>
>>94229403
I haven't been following the series since the shitty reboot. They didn't keep it as alien tech? What the fuck?
>>
alien magic would make the most sense tbqh
>>
>>94229719
The Scarab was originally Magic in the Dan Garret Era, retconned to alien tech in the Jamie Reyes series, then re-retconned back to Magic in Rebirth.

Really it should be made Alien Magi-Tech to solve any continuity issues.
>>
>>
File: 12_08.jpg (611KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
12_08.jpg
611KB, 1000x1537px
Has his Rebirth gotten better ? I stop reading it after issues one cause it was bad.
>>
>>94229813

>Really it should be made Alien Magi-Tech to solve any continuity issues.

I thought that's what they did with this whole Albion/Fate thing? They acknowledged the Reach and all.
>>
>>94230046

Something about Injustice's BB just looks off to me. I don't know if it's his proportions or the way his face looks in 3D or what.
>>
File: 1500441924768.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500441924768.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
Hold up, If they are retconning it back to magic that would mean this entire story arc was pointless.
>>
>>94230300
>They acknowledged the Reach and all.
They did?
>>
>>94230201

It's really hit and miss. The way characters interact is so antagonistic towards one another. 95% of the words out of any given character's mouth are snark and insults. The Brenda/Paco relationship is totally fucked and they come off as outright hating each other rather than pushing each others' buttons. Jaime's support network is very weak because of all of this and the book is missing the strong bonds with family and friends that were so important in his original run. It feels like they're getting better about this slowly, but with only a few issues left, it's too little too late.
>>
>>94230409
*alien tech*
>>
>>94229403
I hope so, magic didn't just work.
A piece of alien tech capable of interact with magic was a lot more interesting.
>>
>>94230300
>They acknowledged the Reach and all.
Is it still those stupid pink alien goop ants?
>>
I have been wondering a little bit but why, characters like female Thor, Sam (Captain America) or Riri are not accepted like Jaime if have more or less the same setting
>>
>>94230971

Blue Beetle was always a niche character. The name didn't start gaining any real traction outside of comic fanatics until Jaime.

Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man were all A-listers before being diversified.
>>
>>94230971
I think legacies feel more like a DC thing than a Marvel thing (Ted isn't even the first BB). But there's nothing wrong with legacy heroes conceptually. The ones you listed are disliked because of poor execution and annoying marketing.

There were some Ted fans upset when Jaime was introduced literally right after Ted was killed off, but they still gave his book a try and saw that it was good.
>>
>>94231105

Maybe, but I don't think that's all of it.

Legacies have always been a big part of DC, like >>94231200 says. There are a large number of "families" in the DCU like the Bat Family or the Flash Family. What defines them is that while new Bat-characters or speedsters may join these families, the older members usually stick around as mentors and supporters for the newer.

Most of the time in Marvel, when a new hero takes on a legacy name, the predecessor(s) are taken out of the picture or given new names/roles themselves and the two generations rarely interact unless it's to fight. When Kamala became Ms. Marvel, Carol was already Captain Marvel and they really never interacted all that much. When Sam became Captain America, Steve was incapacitated and Bucky was already Winter Soldier again. When Cho became The Hulk, Banner was dead.
>>
>>94232264

When Dick became Batman, Bruce was dead.

When Wally became Flash, Barry was dead.

When Jaime originally became Blue Beetle, Ted was dead.

I could go on.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.