[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Donald Trump the Animated Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 20

File: trumptheanimatedseries.png (502KB, 934x645px) Image search: [Google]
trumptheanimatedseries.png
502KB, 934x645px
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/donald-trump-animated-series-showtime-1202508781/
>>
I predict all of these Trump based comedy shows won't do very well, purely because they're unnecessary.

If you want to laugh at Donny you go to his Twitter and see the shit he posts and the taco bowl memes posted around the clock.
>>
>>94226547
It's rather redundant though isn't it?
>>
>>94226547
>From Stephen Colbert
TWO

S
C
O
O
P
S
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>Inb4 /pol/ spergs out.

Who knows what the hell we're getting with this. But if it's just Twitter if you put it into a 22-minute cartoon, then I'll just ignore it.

Like >>94226601 said, it's not necessary and will probably last a single season at most.
>>
>>94226601
You mean his tweets about how Dems are shit? Democrat politicians are scum, and Liberal voters are rubes. Trump/Pence in 2024.
>>
Who's going to play president Ryan in the inevitable spinoff?
>>
>>94226601
This. It's like that episode of Spongebob where he rips his pants. Sure it was funny the first few times, but now it's just annoying.
>>
>>94226547
The worst thing about president trump has been his effect on comedy.
>>
>>94226547
Do liberals know that this blatent name calling and shit flinging in their culture is what lost them the election?
>>
>>94226547
Eh idea was done before with Lil Bush.

And I get the feeling this is gonna make lil bush look good in comparison.
>>
>>94226547
First "Little Bush" and now THIS!?
>>
i hate shows where the focus dates the material before, sometimes before the pilot is even made. you end up with shit like lil bush
>>
>>94226601
Because these sad old fucks don't realize that the way entertainment, especially comedy, is delivered is a whole lot different from when they weren't ancient senile losers. They haven't managed to figure out that while they churn out overproduced garbage like this, and other television shows, some random dude on youtube is making the big big bucks.
>>
>>94226678
So like the Trump administration in general?
>>
>>94226547
God I love Trump. Things have already been improving nationwide because of him. He deserves to be reelected 2020
>>
>>94226680
That's what I ask everyday about Hillary.
>>
Man I remember when Colbert did actual cool stuff like talking shit to Bush's face and not low hanging fruit like this
>>
>>94226547
Trump isn't funny anymore. "Bush" was an over used joke but it took more than 7months to get stale.
>>
>>94226723
>Things have already been improving nationwide because of him.
Name three.
>>
>>94226680
Do you think if Trump resigned or died that Hillary would suddenly become president? Do you not understand how politics work in America? What am I saying, of course you don't.
>>
>>94226547
Trump is the cash cow that keeps giving for Colbert isnt he?
>>
>>94226680
>Can Trump just resign or die already?

I'm starting to get really fucking annoyed with him in the same way you do with Justin Bieber or anyone else you see all the fucking time and wish he would just go away.
>>
>>94226547
Literally little bush
Can't wait for those Trump on a blender online flash games
>>
>>94226758
Not him but even Mike Pence would be better.
>>
>>94226547
I really hope they don't go with that art style, it's truly hideous.

Aside from that I'm with >>94226601 there are already plenty of comedians mocking Trump, it's a saturated market.
>>
>>94226732
I loved the Report from the beginning, but jesus his attempt at a regular late night show in his normal persona is such garbage. He's also revealed himself to be even more of a centerist, shit head, elitist lib. Jon Stewart wasn't a ton better, but at least he was a little left of center and used his platform for good causes (9/11 first responders)
>>
>>94226547
Unless it's made with the South Park production method, why bother >>94226601 sums it up nicely.

Unless they make it an actual with characters with story arcs an' shit.
>>
>>94226638
He's attacking republicans just as much
>>
File: 1489184953966.jpg (11KB, 176x171px) Image search: [Google]
1489184953966.jpg
11KB, 176x171px
>>94226705
>>94226725
>>94226758
Say it with me now. FUCK OFF /pol/
>>
>>94226752
Deportation is up 60% for one
>>
>>94226752
>no more mexicans
>less taxes
>wall being constructed
>muslims btfo
>freedom of speech protected
I gave you 5, and there will be much more in the future
>>
>>94226547
Did this just get ordered? There's a strong chance he won't even be in office by the time this show airs.
>>
>>94226601
It's the exact same problem every time, the parodies are redundant when the source is still present.

Like when Colbert did a parody of Alex Jones on his show. Nobody fucking cares. Why? Because you could just WATCH ALEX JONES, and it would be ten times funnier specifically because it's genuine.

>MAGELLAN IS A LOT. COOLER. THAN JUSTIN BIEBER!
>>
>>94226547
>>>/pol/
>>
>>94226638
Jeff Sessions is a Dem now? Golly gee, have been seeing things wrong
>>
>>94226547
This is my least favorite thing on his show.
>>
>>94226547
Stephen this is getting embarrassing
>>
>>94226652
Yeah, that's not Trump's fault, it's all those Jewish people living in a bubble full of people who tell them that threatening to kill Trump supporters is the funniest thing in the world
Everyone of them is out of touch and as such modern comedy sucks
>>
>>94226547
Jesus Christ, talk about going downhill.
Colbert used to be really funny, and despite a political lean, was surprisingly good at aiming at everything and keeping his material fresh.

Now his entire gimmick is one guy, and it's the exact same joke every time. It's almost pathetic how bad he's gotten over time.
>>
>>94226841
Don't forget about the ban on people from foreign countries that totally stuck!

We're also working to unify our nation with Russia so that's pretty cool.
>>
So we get all these animated Trump shows. We got Lil' Bush. Why didn't we get something for Obama? Would liberals have gotten too triggered or something?
>>
>>94226842
People dont get impeached over memes and misspelling coffee, anon.
>>
>>94226834
Literally every republican candidate wanted to do massive deportations, Trump wasn't a special snowflake in that part of election but retards still chose him. Rand should have won
>>
Drignold Drimph?! I don't wanna see any cartoons about him. I see enough Blingold Blumpf in the twitter and media every day.
>>
>>94226841
>>freedom of speech protected
Unless he sues someone for making fun of him.
>wall being constructed
You the giant waste of money that doesn't work?
>less taxes
For the rich
>muslims btfo
It didn't work if you paid attention
>>
>>94226652
It's not his fault that comedians are butthurt children that would rival tumblrinas.
>>
>>94226805
>Trump series
>ridiculous over the top shonen-esque serial instead of just restating what Trump has actually said
I'd watch that.
>>
>>94226841
>None of things are true
>>
>>94226833
>anything not liberal dem is /pol/
There's some annoying /pol/ around but you're just being a retard.
>>
File: kys.gif (167KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
kys.gif
167KB, 500x244px
>>94226841
>Believing this
>>
>>94226833
I don't go on pol. I only go on here.
>>
>>94226833
>Anon says something dumb.
>Ask what it would accomplish in his mind.
>"F-F-Fuck off /pol/!"

Every time.
>>
>>94226547
Lil Bush was better
>>
>>94226725
What can she resign from? She's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>94226903
You asked for something that improved and I answered, faggot.
>>
>>94226841
>>no more mexicans
Have you been outside lately?
>>
>>94226547
DGNUBLFF DLOUPFMA?
>>
>>94226919
It was a joke you twit.
>>
Jesus christ, these people are deranged. How hard is it to just ignore Trump for a day? Just don't read the news if he's in the headlines, don't watch national news, just find something fun to read that doesn't involve Trump. DC has a lot of great books out right now, and none of them make me think of Trump. Marvel has Gwenpool, which is also Trump-free. There are plenty of areas you can escape to just so you're not a perpetually angry, miserable sad sack hell-bent on making everyone else as Trump-obsessed as you are.
>>
>>94226547
Stephen colbert/john stewart have always been agents of the left attempting to get younger audiences on their side. Too bad this generation is fed up with the left and see it for what it truly is: the next great oppressor.
>>
>>94226910
>Unless he sues someone for making fun of him.
This literally never happened. Are you really just making shit up to support your delusions?
>>
>>94226897
>misspelling coffee
He meant coverage
>>
>>94226917
If that's what you're getting from that, indeed go back to to /pol/ or /tv/ you fucking parasite

>>94226920
My mistake, you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>94226547
When can we get a cartoon about BLM?
>>
At this point it feels likes Colbert's "hate" for Trump is disingenuous and in reality absolutely loves the fact that he now has a a single topic in which he can pander more viewers to watch him.

Despite talking shit I feel like he's going to vote for Trump in the 2020's election and try to keep the ball rolling as long as possible. Hell, he probably voted for him last year.
>>
>>94226668
Republicans consistently pull about 75% of the white vote, and while Democrats get all the black voters, their turn out is crap. The big differences: Nixon got pardoned (1976), Perot split the conservative whites (1992 and 1996), and the Democrats ran a black candidate and black turnout improved (2008 and 2012). Who the actual candidates are is shockingly irrelevant. It doesn't bode well for now or the future. When white voters slide into a small enough plurality, we will just trade one single-party rule for another.

This show looks like shit yo.
>>
>>94226881
It's not really politics, it's money.

Pro-Trump stuff makes money. Anti-Trump stuff makes money.

There's no financial incentive to make any content that doesn't do one or the other. Clickbait companies run separate arms that engage in both for double the profits.
>>
NUMERO DOS

S C O O P S
C
O
O
P
S

ZORNK
>>
>>94226547

>Colbert not satisfied enough with the constantly shitflinging he normally does, he's going to make a Fucking show about it so he can be even louder
>>
File: 2352.png (312KB, 599x412px) Image search: [Google]
2352.png
312KB, 599x412px
>>94226923
>blatantly trying to move the goalpost for a non-existent argument
>>
File: IMG_2189.jpg (93KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2189.jpg
93KB, 800x584px
>>94226792
I agree.
>>
>>94226704
I'd rather somebody shot him.
>>
Oh great, another Little Bush, because THAT show worked out so well, huH? Yeah... Can't agree with the decision of making this, politics aside.
>>
>>94227010
Pretty sure that's /exactly/ what I was calling him out for. >>94226758
>>
>>94226957
twas merely pretending to be of mentally lacking good sir
>>
>>94226833
Fuck off pol.
>>
>>94226974
That's literally what you're saying, unless you didn't actually read the posts you were responding to.
How about you take your whiplash asshurt back to tumblr.
>>
Everybody is thinking it, so i'll say it. I propose that all threads about this show be automatically deleted.
>>
>>94227013
That would make him even more of a martyr. History books would paint him as a misunderstood hero, when in reality he is just a shitposter.
>>
>>94226742
>"Bush" was an over used joke but it took more than 7months to get stale.
To be fair, Bush was an actual idiot compared to Trump (who actually hasn't done much). How he managed to stay in power for that long is beyond me.
>>
>>94226547
Donald Trump becoming president was the worst fucking thing to happen to comedy in fucking years.

Actually it was the worst thing to happen to fucking everything because people won't shut up about it.
>>
>>94226896
>Why didn't we get something for Obama?

"No drama Obama" was boring in that he didn't say a bunch of stupid shit that was easy to make fun of. Clinton gots a shitton of parodies because of he sexual shennanighans. It's not a Democrat vs. Repub thing he was just very professional acting.

Bush mostly just wasn't a very good speaker but not too bad. Trump however is a trainwreck that's hilarious to watch so people can't stop making fun of him 24/7 because it's so easy. He's the most laughable President we've ever had in terms of his behaviour being ridiculous.

The Bush parodies were an exoneration while as people have said these cartoons and comedies have the problem that real Trump is always stupider and funnier than the parodies. making these shows lazy.
>>
>>94226820
Because they're not doing their jobs.
>>
>>94227043
And nobody said a goddamn thing about Hillary or any lib being in place of power you fucking retard. Or Trump the entire Republican party to you?
>>
>>94227050
I agree. Absolutely nothing good can come of this
This board can't even discuss Rick and Morty let alone politics
>>
>>94226547
This reminds me of that comic where the guy sleeps with a picture of his nemesis
>>
>>94227047
>B-B-B-BUT TUMBLR!

Fucking Christ
>>
File: IMG_1397.png (666KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1397.png
666KB, 1334x750px
>>94226680
You really want President Pence that badly?
>>
>>94227067
Bush wasn't as dumb as people thought. And he knew enough to let the people in his Cabinet (mainly his dad's old friends) take care of the business of running the government while he served as a figurehead.

Trump's problem is that he won't stay out from under foot of his staff. He's not content with just being a figurehead and this drives his fellow Republicans up the wall.
>>
>>94226988
It's fucked up because both immigrant voting blocs and black voting blocs are extremely conservative (more conservative than whites) on almost every single issue, but are pigeonholed into voting for the Democrats for strictly identitarian reasons.

The Democratic party having complete control when the plurality of miniorities eclipses the white voting Bloc is disingenuous, because what will coincide with that is the Democrats no longer being able to manipulate the minority vote through a narrative of white oppression. That narrative can't hold true when whites aren't a supermajority any longer. The Democratic strategy hinges on the minority plurality becoming the majority, and yet that same group also remaining primarily lower class and socially oppressed. It's not tenable.
>>
>>94226547
>trump tweets so much
>whats the deal with airplane food?
>have you ever seen whipe people dance?
>crazy weather right?
>dude weed
>i get my period while on a date with a hot guy
>let me tell you about my wifes mother
>why did the chicken cross the road?
>your moma is so fat
>a mexican, a jew and a horse walk into a bar
>>
>>94227081
Okay, then what anon is trying to say is that he wants Pence to be president?
>>
>>94227075
>Trump however is a trainwreck that's hilarious to watch so people can't stop making fun of him 24/7 because it's so easy. He's the most laughable President we've ever had in terms of his behaviour being ridiculous.
Can it be considered a trainwreck when the people who voted for him wanted this shit and almost everytime the fight back it's only giving him more publicity and making themselves look bad?

Trump's a shitposter who has no idea what he's doing but if there's one thing he knows itshow to mess with people, and the number one rule that everyone seems to forget is to never fall for the bait.
>>
>>94227112
Because you're acting like a deranged and triggered child right now. I want you to know I find irascible retards like you on /co/ a much worse than /pol/.
>>
>>94226547
>colbert is so fucking butthurt he needs to make a fucking cartoon against his "nemesis" that never acknowledged him to begin with
insanity
>>
>>94226547
The joke well for Trump is already pretty dry
>>
How much Trump is too much Trump?
>>
>>94227075
>"No drama Obama" was boring in that he didn't say a bunch of stupid shit that was easy to make fun of.

Except for using drones to kill American citizens.
And Solandra.
And literally supporting ISIS in Syria and Libya.
>>
File: 1499419605097.jpg (49KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
1499419605097.jpg
49KB, 640x617px
>>94226547
>>
>>94227168

Yeah, it's less "trainwreck" and more "circus". Like it's not just /pol/, a significant portion of the country loves Trump's antics. And I think he knows this- the covfefe thing, his sniping at various people, "Pocahontas", Scaramucci's phone call, all of that is theater for his base's amusement.
>>
>>94226758
I think almost anyone would be better than Trump.
>>
File: 1500879236681.png (289KB, 1058x503px) Image search: [Google]
1500879236681.png
289KB, 1058x503px
>>94226833
>>
>>94227221
Yeah all that stuff's just a barrel of yuks.

Are you retarded or something? Do you think someone saying "Obama wasn't funny" is the same as saying "Obama did nothing wrong and was perfect and good and beyond reproach"?
>>
The worst part of Colbert's shows (as in show's he runs, not shows like Harvey Birdman or Venture Bros were he just had a part in them) have always been the animated portions. Tek Jansen was a funny concept, but the actual cartoons weren't funny and sucked shit. The animated Donald Trump, Putin, and Hillary Clinton are the fucking worst on his new show. It's like he's trying to do a Craig Ferguson puppet bit, but without any of the absurdist talent or charm.
>>
Trump and Trudeau trading places episode, Y/N?
>>
>>94227222
Why did he ban the trannies again?
>>
The only genuinely funny thing Obama ever did in eight years was say the word "corpseman" instead of "corpsman."
>>
>>94227168
>Trump's a shitposter who has no idea what he's doing but if there's one thing he knows itshow to mess with people

That's the thing, that's the exact opposite of what a President is supposed to be which is why it's so ridiculous. The President is generally a figurehead to a certain extent because he's not supposed to be a King or a dictator so the House and Senate and such and their support staff are really running things, all the other branches of government.

The President's biggest role is as a diplomat and figurehead who's meant to be professional and represent the U.S. in its interactions with other countries.

But that's the single thing Trump is the worst at, he keeps pissing everyone off and stabbing those loyal to him in the back for no reason but "LOL U MAD???" That's fine for NEETs to do on here but not the way anyone at a job should ever act. It's a real problem diplomatically.

Trump is really just a reality show star and a name for his business that's still acting like this is a reality tv show. It's good for him having a brand he can make money with and to get attention which is all he cares about but terrible for the country for non-partisan reasons just for his ludicrous behaviour. People who think life is just entertainment or a game think it's funny but it's really hurting the U.S. world standing as he doesn't do the only thing he was really supposed to do.
>>
>>94227214
I hate the man, and we are WAY past Trump saturation levels in comedy. Making fun of him doesn't actually hurt him. It's not helpful politically, and it actually helps relieve tension, which makes people think they don't need to actually go out and do anything about it. That's something those shit heads who support Trump don't seem to realize, Colbert, Noah, and SNL are actually doing a lot to pacify those who watch them regularly.
>>
File: trudeau_fire.png (117KB, 958x496px) Image search: [Google]
trudeau_fire.png
117KB, 958x496px
>>94227287
Canadian here.

You can take that fucking faggot.
>>
So is this the best that liberals can do? They couldn't prove any sort of Russian collusion so now they just make cartoons and bitch about wanting more trannies in the army?
>>
File: 1492893723104.png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492893723104.png
122KB, 500x500px
Christ /co/ is the most tumblr infested cuck board of all, must be all the sewage leaking in from the steven universe fankiddies
>>
>>94227266
I think he's implying that any wrong doing on Obama's part was ignored and only talked about on Fox or Alex Jones no matter the scale. You could mock him for being Black Bush who was basically the talking dog of the democratic party.
>>
>>94227125
>but are pigeonholed into voting for the Democrats for strictly identitarian reasons.

They vote for democrats because republicans actively either shit on them, try to shit on them or try to relegate them to insignificance.
>>
>>94227321
Father's day special where Justin is visited by the ghost of Castro when?
>>
>>94227302
Because letting suicidal people into the military then footing the bill for their medical procedures and prescriptions is a bad idea? Not to mention their new genitalia is essentially just a wound they have to maintain. Would you want this person having your back in the field?
Maybe clerical positions are fine but not in combat roles.
>>
>>94227309
I think people overplay Trump's behavior on the international stage. He's still playing as president, his personality is just a flourish. Can you actually point out a time some wacky shit he did hurt international relations?
>>
>>94226547
>see thread in catelog
>just see "Donald Trump cartoon"
>think "I hope it's at least funny"
>by Stephen Colbert
Oh nevermind
>>
>>94227354
Making fun of trump is fun. He's like a real life cotton hill mixed with Monty burns.

https://youtu.be/OZlzv1ElWTs
>>
>>94227309
>The President's biggest role is as a diplomat and figurehead
Where the fuck are you from? That's never been the role of the President. It's an executive office that can basically tell the nation to cool it's jets or command troops. It became a figurehead role when it became a way for political dynasties decided to use it to veto the competition.
>>
>>94227394
I was the guy saying Obama wasn't funny and I meant what the other anon said, not that Obama did nothing wrong but that he just wasn't funny. They were talking about why there weren't Obama cartoons and comedy shows.

Obama did plenty wrong he just didn't do things wrong in a funny way like Clinton screwing other women, Bush's speeches, or Trump's everything. He did a lot of bad things but conducted himself in a professional way so there was no comedy there. So he was ignored.
>>
File: unknown.png (102KB, 294x272px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
102KB, 294x272px
I'm not really a political person, so I don't really understand why Trump is both hated and beloved so much. From what I see of him in videos he seems like a decent enough person, and it looks like he gets along well with his family. He's a bit of a loudmouth, yeah, but I feel that he cares for his country. So why the fuck are people so extreme in their like/dislike of him? I honestly don't get it.
>>
>>94226547
I've yet to see Trump's hair accurately recreated in illustration. Shit is ethereal.
>>
>>94227427
>Because letting suicidal people into the military then footing the bill for their medical procedures and prescriptions is a bad idea?
Are all trannies suicidal?
>>
>>94227459
Terribly unfunnny. Just Colbert's butthurt.
>>
>>94226966
>Too bad this generation is fed up with the left and see it for what it truly is: the next great oppressor.
Honestly it's less them seeing the left as Big Brother and more seeing them as that kid who makes annoying sounds in gym class and gets pissy and whines at the teacher when you tell him to stop. They're not fed up with the left because of political reasons, they're just sick of the constant agenda pushing in literally fucking every form of entertainment.
>>
>>94227489
It's not really about Trump himself, he's more of a symbolic figure head that stands for what people either support or oppose.
>>
File: 1500007889778.jpg (21KB, 360x266px) Image search: [Google]
1500007889778.jpg
21KB, 360x266px
>>94227427
Ever seen a collage of tranny regrets? Accompanied with "vaginal" pictures? Surreal shit, my man.
>>
>>94227525
That shit's funny as hell. I don't think Colbert's butthurt here

https://youtu.be/CfSJpTJjPw4
>>
>>94227480
>It's an executive office

It should be doing the will of the rest of the government and people, from the beginning the President didn't have too much power to stop it from becoming a monarchy/dictatorship situation, at Washington's urging. Being a figurehead to an extent is a good thing, no single person is supposed to have that much power in a Democracy. But the diplomacy role has always been key.

>>94227428
>Can you actually point out a time some wacky shit he did hurt international relations?

Most nations in general have started to downgrade the U.S. role on the national stage and bypass the U.S. because of his behaviour, having to work with what's overwhelming seen as a dysfunctional administration is just a liability for world leaders. They'll now marginize the U.S. as much as they can for as long as Trump's in office and have been doing so for months, which might be a good thing, I guess. Realizing the U.S. can't be counted on anymore is good in a lot of ways.
>>
>>94227489
Because the American Government is pretty much the biggest most significant thing in the world right now, and no matter what, you can always take all the totality of your rage against life, the direction of the world, your suffering or the suffering of others, fear of the world's stupidity, fear for your future, and fear of yourself, and put it all together and scream right at the only thing you think is powerful enough to have fixed it all for you.
If you can help it, try not to be beholden to your government. Never rely on them to save anyone, least of all yourself.
>>
>>94227459

Yeah but the problem is that a lot of Trump parodies are ruined by the sheer butthurt coming from the guy making the joke. Thus, it loses the sense of whimsy and fun because you can't see past how bitter and angry the guy telling the jokes are.

Like a good Trump parody is Mark Hamill reading Trump tweets in his Joker voice. Mark doesn't sound bothered or even annoyed at all by Trump, and so he legitimately manages to take him down a peg in a humorous fashion. Satire doesn't work if you're angry, it requires you to position yourself above whatever you're talking about so that the joke can stand on its own. Norm MacDonald was great when it came to this, I recommend his SNL weekend update bits. Even though it was very obvious that he disapproved of stuff like the OJ verdict and President Bill Clinton's unethical behavior, he always managed to avoid getting really angry about it.

>>94227489

I'd say that ever since Carter (or even Ford!) there's been an arbitrary expectation of dignity and grace on behalf of the presidency, that the president has to carry himself in a certain fashion as a representative of the country. Trump has shown no intention to uphold that standard and deliberately conducts himself in a rather boorish fashion, which upsets a lot of people who really value this standard.

>>94227553 is also right, there's a strong tribal divide. For more reading on that I suggest Scott Alexander's Essay "I Can Tolerate Anything Except The Outgroup."
>>
>>94226971
Well, that would make two of you
>>
>>94227489
It's because he's really crass, making jokes about orgies in front of Boy Scouts and other shit that's not seen as Presidential, or crossing lines like making fun of veterans/POWs.

He also doesn't understand government at all because he has no experience, he didn't understand health care legislation or what was in the bills at all, and made no attempt to sell/explain them to the American people like a President is supposed to do with legislation.
>>
>>94226547
I have a feeling this show will bring in many quality posters to the board and improve the overall quality of posts on /co/.
>>
>>94227590
Wouldn't that be a result of administrative decisions and not merely Trumps behavior though?
>>
>>94227486
He had flubs a plenty and his fucking Trayvon speech was fucking hilarious.
>>
Odd why isn't this thread bumping when people post?
>>
>>94227675
This board has been ruined for a while now thanks to the live action faggots
>>
>>94227570
What the hell, that's not even a Donald Trump impression at all, the voice is nothing like him and they didn't bother with his cartoon inflection at all. Little Bush was a total caricature, the show was fun because it was a cartoon of the president. This is a huge missed opportunity for humor.
>>
>>94227738
Autosage.

When a thread sucks but not enough to delete instantly mods set it to stop bumping.
>>
>>94227625
I think people are projecting 'butthurt' onto parodies that aren't butthurt or acting butthurt. Stephen Colbert isn't acting butthurt. The reality is that there's just so much material there that it's silly to expect anyone to not lay it on or treat trump like a relatable figure when he's really not.
>>
>>94227677
I think Trump's behavior is a big part of it and it probably shouldn't be.

The international reception to Trump is overly negative for a President despite the fact that as people have pointed out he really hasn't done much of anything good or bad. So it's not really his policies the majority of the world hates so much but just his personality. He's seen as embarrassing and also unstable I think.

That really should not be that big a deal actually. But politics is shallow. Other leaders want to distance themselves from the embossment of Trump to save face. It's different from other Presidents who were disliked for the things they actually do not just how they act.
>>
>>94227766
>autosage

You mean bumplock.
>>
>>94227768
>Stephen Colbert isn't acting butthurt
He is incredibly butthurt. It's practially all he talks about. And that dinner skit in the first video made it obvious.
>>
>>94227804
it's permasage
>>
>>94227768

I dunno, didn't Colbert or his writers get legitimately angry about the military trans ban?
>>
>>94227644
But I'm not the anon he's replying to.
>>
>>94227221
None of those things are particularly funny though
>>
>>94227843
Colbert is a comedian. He talks about trump because there's lots of new material and it's easy. It's like trump leaves a dump truck of gold on his doorstep every morning. Just because his jokes are cutting and frequent doesn't mean that he's butthurt. Trump is just a super easy target if you're a comedian.

>>94227868
I'm watching his bit on that right now. I don't see how he's butthurt.

https://youtu.be/6Dj-nIH0fP8

Like I said, I think people are projecting butthurt into him scooping up those easy punchlines and claps.
>>
File: 1500682943267.jpg (170KB, 1125x881px) Image search: [Google]
1500682943267.jpg
170KB, 1125x881px
>>94228042
SEETHING
>>
>>94227302
He was asked to by military advisers and generals to do so, since while Trans soldiers sounds good for publicity the military is actually super discriminating when it comes to mental health screenings for recruits, they won't even allow people with ADD to enlist so they aren't going to take a chance with people that have gender disphoria and may or may not be predisposed to suicide.
>>
>>94227493
50% post-op apparently
>>
>>94227773
Yeah that describes it pretty well. I mean the guy is pretty much an awful president, but people get totally sucked in to absolutely blowing up at any mention of the man. At least the people close to me, but they've got it bad. it fucking sucks that so many people close to me become socially unstable and begin to scream at the sight and mention of the man. He makes people so fucking angry.
>>
>>94228042
>"And cannot be burdened with teh tremendous medical costs-"
>*People start booing*

Do they not know people get seriously injured in the military and need medical help?
>>
>>94226633
>projecting

The only people getting hysterical about trump are his detractors. I don't even think /pol/ gives much of a shit about him anymore, beyond laughing when he pisses people off.
>>
>>94228085
The military is one place where inclusiveness should not be. It's a machine that needs working parts, not faulty parts coated in glitter.
>>
>>94227489
Because he either is or is not the person they voted for.
American politics are very similar to sports rivalries, we don't just disagree with each other we have to hate each other and everything connected to each other.
>>
>>94226910
You know we have hundreds of miles of wall built already, right? The problem is that it's only in certain areas.
>>
>>94227428
Trump timed the Syria bombing so it would happen while he was at dinner with the leader of China. That was awesome.
>>
File: IMG_5040.gif (1MB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5040.gif
1MB, 400x298px
>>94228079
>standard comedy bit
>seething

Ok bud.
>>
>>94226910
>You the giant waste of money that doesn't work?
The wall's not up yet, so we don't know if it'll work. A large enough chunk of Americans clearly want to try it and see how it goes enough to merit building it.
>>
>>94227075
>"No drama Obama"

Except for that time he cried on national television while trying to ban guns.
>>
>>94228290
The DEA has almost literally a metric ton on how drugs get past the border.

None of it is going to be stopped by a physical barrier.
>>
>>94228147
Nope, they actually think there are infinite doctors and an infinite amount of health care in the world, so the only reason you're not getting flawless medical attention would be because someone has stolen it from you. They think there is a surplus of health care that people are hoarding away from them.
>>
>>94228319
There's not enough in that to do anything at all with.

Anyway, supernews did some stuf with obama. The George bush stuff was faaaaaar funnier.

https://youtu.be/lfQEuLal-_4
>>
>>94228350

Funny how walls work in every other single part of the world where they're employed.

I guess spics are just magical creatures who can phase their drugs and firearms through solid matter.
>>
>>94226896
Because it would've been perceived as racist given stuff like the birther movement, "Obama is an Arab/Muslim" conspiracy theories, and the sole fact that Obama was the first black president. The only people that could pass off joking about Obama are other black people, like in The Boondocks
>>
>>94228452
Yeah you have absolutely no idea about the situation down there do you?

A good portion of the drugs that get through aren't even from the physical gaps in the wall.
>>
This isn't even Showtime's first Cartoon
>>
>>94226977
But Anon, that would be RACIST!
>>
>>94228452
Ever heard of a tunnel? That's how they got el chop out of prison the last time he escaped. How well did those prison walls work vs that tunnel?

Ever heard of a ladder? The wall would have to be about 2000 miles long. Plenty of opportunity to defeat a multi-billion dollar 20 foot wall with a $50 25 foot ladder.

Ever heard of a boat? They could always use boats to make beach landings
>>
File: showtimecartoons.png (490KB, 934x376px) Image search: [Google]
showtimecartoons.png
490KB, 934x376px
>>94228505
I've never even heard of these.
>>
>>94228525
it would be racist in the wrong hands and actually funny in others
>>
>>94227302
Because he thought it took up too much money even though the military spends about 3 times as much on Viagra than it does on trannies. Though tbqh I don't think mentally ill people should be allowed in the first place anyway
>>
>>94228541
I know free for all. It wasn't good. Stupid stoner/gross humor.
>>
>>94228537
The wall isn't going to keep everyone out, but it's to remove one of the easiest channels to get through.
>>
>>94228620
>Easiest
The easiest fucking channel is the actual border crossings. Most of the drugs actually get through there in trucks.

The DEA didn't want a fucking wall they wanted a cowboy president who would loosen their restrictions.
>>
File: IMG_1904.jpg (124KB, 585x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1904.jpg
124KB, 585x372px
>>94228557
We need Aaron McGruder back
>>
>>94228537

Are you actually this stupid, or just pretending to be?
>>
>>94227675
Based on how this thread isn't bumping I'm guessing it's going to guess threads about it are going to be banished to /tv/ and /pol/.
Which I'm more than fine with, but it's kind of weird.
>>
>>94228557
Most people that criticize BLM don't even understand BLM, BLM's goals or what BLM is. Boondocks already did something along those lines but it's difficult material because most of the people that have a problem with BLM aren't even informed on the subject and just want to see someone agree with them on something.

That type of humor worked for boondocks because Aaron mcgruder had an intrinsic understanding of those things. Same goes for south part\k when they've done similar things. Bi\it that said, most of the people around here totally missed the point of half the stuff on boondocks and just got off on Ruckus putting blacks in their place and agreeing with them on shit.
>>
>>94228645
That's the riskiest and most expensive channel. You can't just load a truck up with drugs and scoot through. You generally have to hide them in something else, and even then, if they bring a sniffer, you're probably fucked anyway. It's only used for large shipments.

Also, due to the high risk, that's where your imaginary "most drugs come through border stops", because that's when they're usually caught.

They're not usually caught when they go through the largely risk-free desert in smaller vehicles, which is why the DEA has lower numbers for that. They have no idea how many tons of drugs are making it through, they only know how many they find.
>>
>>94228665
Are you actually so stupid that you don't understand that a 2000 mile wall wouldn't be very effective for the price or are you just pretending?

>>94228620
Dig a tunnel. Suddenly it's easy again.
>>
File: 1500803433069.jpg (419KB, 1445x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1500803433069.jpg
419KB, 1445x1044px
>>94228710
My dude, that shit's straight out of Reddit. At least post something like this.
>>
>>94228503
>when your neighbor country's government is actually occupied by a bloodthirsty criminal drug ring, but you've made a mockery of the concept of intervention since the last dozen times you've tried it, so now you have to argue whether or not citizenship exists while implicitly asserting the sovereignty of that criminal drug government as your 'sister'
>>
>>94228702
>most of the people that have a problem with BLM aren't even informed on the subject and just want to see someone agree with them on something.

We've all seen the riots, and have since informed ourselves about actual police brutality rates, which BTFO of the BLM narrative.

The only good idea they have is for more police to wear body cams, but only if the footage is required by law to be uploaded to YouTube so that we can all watch dumbass nignogs get shot in real time.
>>
>>94228806

They work everywhere else.

There is no reason to assume the US is some weird special case where the laws of physics don't apply.
>>
>>94227302
Have you seen the list of conditions that stop you from enlisting in the military? A big chunk of them are far less severe than the complications that come from gender reassignment. The only reason they weren't banned before was for political correctness.
>>
>>94228767
Where exactly have you done your research on this?

Drugs in Mexico are grown in mass. They're not vendors they're wholesalers and those larger shipments are almost the entirety of what is moving through.

Drugs are still a business and it's easily estimated that for one that's caught ten trucks packed with drugs go through.
>>
File: IMG_4692.jpg (159KB, 636x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4692.jpg
159KB, 636x1003px
>>94228815
like I said, you don't understand the subject matter. You think you do, but you don't. So you just want to see something that you can nod in agreement with.
>>
>>94228645
Come on dude, are you actually saying that building a wall that forces everyone through the checkpoint would do nothing to stop drug traffic? That sounds like something only a stubborn partisan punk with a chip on his shoulder would say.
>>
>>94228806
A tunnel takes weeks to make and becomes useless as soon as it's discovered. They're much easier to deal with than people just walking over the border.
>>
>>94228900
But I don't agree with BLM bullshit, and saying "you're wrong" isn't an argument.

Maybe the reason no one agrees with BLM bullshit is because they're too informed on the subject.
>>
>>94228850
2000 mile long Berlin Wall was only about 100 miles and inland which would be far easier to monitor and maintain than a 2000 mile long wall that spans from one body of water to another body of water. It's a stupid idea.
>>
>>94228961
literally to smart too talk to you, my dude
>>
>>94228957
Modern walls also generally contain monitoring systems, either radar, motion or pressure controls. You don't just build it and let it sit there.

It works great for Israel.
>>
File: 1483289855649.jpg (88KB, 666x434px) Image search: [Google]
1483289855649.jpg
88KB, 666x434px
>>94226547
>Trump is now /co/ related

JUST
>>
>>94228940
Have you looked at the many many ways drugs cartels have gotten drugs over the border.

The wall won't work. It'll raise profits if anything because of the perceived difficulty in getting it across.

Also partisan? This has nothing to do with partisanship. It's policing reality.
>>
>>94228968
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/07/walls-work-britain-latest-country-building-bolster-borders/

>inb4 incessant whining about "Breitbart"
>>
>>94229023
As a principled person one step away from sieg heiling beside the Rhine, Breitbart is pretty shit, my dude.
>>
>>94228961
Uh huh

http://www.newsweek.com/us-mexico-border-drug-tunnel-costs-rewards-386978

>>94228961
I didn't say that you agree with BLM. I said you don't understand. I didn't make judgements about whether' you're "right" or not. I don't agree with BLM's methods, myself. I think they are ineffective toward their stated goals. But at least I understand them.

>Maybe the reason no one agrees with BLM bullshit is because they're too informed on the subject.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that you're not informed and aren't interested in being informed.
>>
>>94229023
>inb4 incessant whining about "Breitbart

Hmm, you're using a source that has no credibility to make an argument. What do you expect?
>>
>>94229102
Like the article says, it took 6 months and millions of dollars to build that tunnel. It was discovered before it could be put into use. Tunnels like that are a risky endeavor.
>>
>>94229023
The Calais wall is less than a mile long, designed to protect a single vulnerable access point. But it's not singlehandly keeping bad guys out of Britain. Even over a project that comparatively small there are real concerns about whether the benefits were worth the costs.
>>
>>94229053
>>94229132

They're not wrong, though.

Can you refute any of their examples?

Or am I supposed to rely on the credibility of your complete non-argument?
>>
>>94228900
You won't even explain it to him, and are literally asking him to nod in agreement with you, with no argument except an accusation against his character. You are actually supposed to be smarter than this. Your pride in feeling right has blinded you and disabled your ability to spread your beliefs. You have become isolated and militarized. Please act like the humanitarian hero you're meant to be, and don't quit fighting for what you believe in just because you got sick of expressing yourself.
>>
>>94228990
Israel doesn't have a 2000 mile long wall that spans from one body of water to another body of water. They are also dealing with the palistinians, who are essentially beaten into the ground already and demoralized.

Monitoring equipment is fine, but that'll be a lot of money to have and maintain.

We've tried walls/fences in the past and it was a bad idea then. It would be different if we were, say, walling off Ohio or something.
>>
>>94229244
And that article also talked about the multitude of tunnels that aren't found before they start.

You're looking at a single example of profit loss, in an organization that makes billions a day, and saying that's expensive.
>>
>>94229255
The cost of illegal immigration is over $100,000,000,000 more than they contribute, every single year. This isn't counting the moral cost of drug, firearm, and human trafficing.

Putting a halt to illegal immigration, along with deporting those still here, means the wall would pay for itself in 1/4 of a year.
>>
>>94229313

I also support walking off Ohio.

Last estimate I heard was something like $500 million annually to maintain the proposed wall, which is absolutely nothing compared to the cost of illegal immigration.
>>
>>94229378
walling*
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.