[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is season one so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Why is season one so good?
>>
It was comfy and most gem related stuff was still lost in mystery
>>
Was it good? Or are you just comparing it to the later seasons now and regretting you ever started watching the show in the first place?
>>
There was a lot of mystery and it left a lot open to interpretation and let your mind fill in the blanks. Problem was once they started to reveal stuff it wasn't as good as the hype.
>>
>>94222482
>>94222435

the gem lore was never the never defining reason why i started watching, it was good as a side dish.
>>
File: 1501211474686.jpg (39KB, 357x384px) Image search: [Google]
1501211474686.jpg
39KB, 357x384px
>>94222376
A callback to yesteryears where it was just a kid, and supernatural events occurring in that kid's town. Throw in magical girls, a hint of mystery, comfy events, and a colorful town of all kinds of folk.

Finish it off with the Homeworld invasion, and you've made a fantastic series that was mostly ups and extremely minor lows.
>>
>>94222376
Steven's voice wasn't ridiculously high-pitched
>>
>>94222482
No hiatuses, that is the real thing killing the show.

Rewatching it the actual pacing is fine, not perfect but it isn't like AT where it is 50 episodes between introducing and dealing with a concept. And how they handle aspects is usually pretty good, it just takes months to get there and you could land on a filler episode (which all end up being relevant at some point) before the important one.
>>
>>94223306
yeah but was it any better besides that? i hated his voice in season one
>>
The Crystal Gems had more screentime. They feel like minor characters most of the time these days.
>>
>>94223306
While his new voice is high-pitched. The original sounded way too fake and unnatural, like he running out of breath all the time.

Plus I miss the magical and mystic part of the Gems. Nowadays it's all just Sci-Fi and most of the mystery and excitement is gone due to the constant pandering to it's horrid fanbase, constant hiatuses, and anti-climaxes that happen too sudden. Character don't develop or change anymore, they just develop into a archtype and stay like that for the rest of the series.
>>
Because whether an episode primarily had adventure, or comedy, or drama, it took the time to tell a good, well-paced story in and of itself. If anything "killed" the show (there are really multiple reasons for its decline), it is that the writers became too dependent on keeping the viewers interest by stringing them along tedious plot arcs instead of writing good episodes.
>>
File: co vs Sugar.jpg (716KB, 900x1920px) Image search: [Google]
co vs Sugar.jpg
716KB, 900x1920px
>>94222376
Rewatched it two months ago, it's really not. It's filled with the same meandering nothingness that most episodes now are filled with, where you wish anything else that's what currently happening is going on instead, but it's not.
Most people only look back fondly on it because it was before they had a good taste of possible plot and character shit, and then only getting drip feedings of it.
They look back and see potential, instead of now, with that potential being wasted.
>>
It isn't.

None of it is.

It's all refuse only millennials would like.
>>
>>94224726
So were you born prior to 1983?
>>
>>94222376
Becuase when we watched we thought that it was going somewhere and it was going to build up to something kickass. Instead it just set the set status quo of the series.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.