[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*snickers*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 67

*snickers*
>>
>>94220866
>cheap spinoff comic of cheap spinoff show has gay characters
if i didnt give a shit about korra when it was a poorly animated and poorly written show what makes you think i will care about it as a crappy fanfic comic made by an audience of mega autists?
>>
People wouldn't be so assmad about Korra if they'd had the sense to drop it after the dismal second season. Really you can only blame yourselves.
>>
I don't see what's so funny, they'll just end up celebrating it and pumping out more of it
>>
>>94220866
>Shallow queer pandering bogs down already thin plot in The Legend Of Korra: Turf Wars
>>
>>94220866
This enrichment is the kind /pol/ usually complains about. It sad when stuff like that actually happens.
>>
>>94220866
Did anyone stortyime this?
>>
>>94220866
If I may be so bold as to ask, is this a big deal because it's actually good or because it's just...gay?

Cause it seems to me that anything LGBT related is praised simply for being LGBT, which ironically is more demeaning to the entire demographic because it reduces them all to simply their sexual preference rather than who they are as people.

Then again, I see plenty of them doing that themselves already.
>>
>>94221218
Its just gay
>>
>>94221218
1, it's just for brownie points. If Korra had ended without the lesbian deal it would have been left completely unmemorable aside from being a failure as a series, and unfortunately it worked

2, to call this sort of thing out as forced or hamfisted is basically business suicide.
>>
This is what bothers me about how the west specifically the US deals with gay characters.

>fuck the rest of the story.
>the only point that matters is that they are gay.
>wrap EVERYTHING around the point that the characters are gay.
>>
>>94221218
So far its just gay, and it's really poorly written too. Even the art is bad desu so there's pretty much nothing redeemable about this comic unless your only interest in LoK is Korrasami. And even then KS is also written poorly.
>>
Everyone knew this was coming, especially Bryke. Why make a thread?
>>
>Since we're at it, why not make Kya and Kyoshi gay too?!

Wtf are you doing Mike?
>>
>hey you are my ex-boyfriends ex-girlfriend lets scissor!
>>
>>94221218
Has anyone ever met a gay or LGBT person that was capable of going 10 minutes without bringing up how gay they are or LGBT life/issues? They make there life about their sexuality themselves instead of being people.
>>
>>94220866
>shit series crates shitter comics

>normies eat it up like it was shit out of gods asshole

kek
>>
>>94221506
I sincerely believe they did this to spite Mako a little bit.
>>
>>94221603
I have, four actually. One's gay, three are bi.
>>
>>94220866
what would happen if someone was to come in a reset the avatar-verse after the events of korra season 1?

would that fly? or would Bryke and Korrasami fans through a shit fit
>>
>>94221603
I have, but they aren't making headlines in the media with how outrageously progressive they are.
>>
>>94221641
korra is not nearly as hated by most people as it is on /co/, so there'd be no reason to do that without being glaringly obvious about your motivations are.

>>94221603
tumblr users aren't a really good indication of what gay people act like offline.
>>
>>94221641
They'd trope a shot fit, but who cares? Korrasami fans don't even like avatar, and Bryke have proven themselves unfit to handle a series without a third writer to handle their autism. They're like Wheatley from Portal, they keep coming up with ideas, but don't have the faculties to separate the gold from the shit.
>>
>>94221641
id love nick to come in declare korra non canon and reboot it on there own

just for the tumblr landwhale tears
>>
>>94221641
At this point, if there's no gay elements in a new product, then it would be seen as gay erasure and the most horrible thing ever, with the author being worse than Satan himself.

There's no winning. They destroyed what they built by cursing it with immortality. It's like vampires. The gay content enabled it to live on and be put into the media spotlight far beyond its own death, but now they have to keep making it gayer, sucking the life-blood out of the rest of the story potential in order to keep its pestilent, undead corpse going.

They cursed the franchise to walk forever in the outer darkness.
>>
>>94221218

I always compare Bill and Ellie in TLOU. One's a gay character that actually exists in their world and being gay is just a part of who they are, while the other is a pre-existing character that was either turned into a lesbian or had it come out when it literally didn't matter before or aftewards because the developers let "citizen cane of video games" get to their heads and had to score some more brownie points with the media.
>>
>>94221365
What don't you like about the artist? From what I've seen it looks pretty good.
>>
>>94221603

I used to work with a gay dude that was pretty chill. He'd bitch about relationship problems but not any more than all the girls at work did. He mostly talked about MtG when he wasn't talking about work stuff.
>>
>>94221641
As much as i would love for that to happen, i dont see it happening. There would be a definite shit fit that would probably hurt Nick in the process so they're not going to do it, not in this time atleast.
>>
>>94220913
But season 3 was kino
>>
I heard mako is gay now is this true?
>>
>>94221758
I think she's a good artist but she's not good at drawing these character who we're so used to looking different. She has a style that's heavily inspired by shoujo comics, and it doesn't really work with Avatar. Korra's got big goo-goo eyes most of the time and if you're unfortunate enough to be in the background of a shot you're reduced to weird scribbles most of the time.

There's also something REALLY off about how she draws Asami but I don't think Asami's ever looked like herself since book 1.

>>94221641
Forget Bryke and tumblr, Nick wouldn't let anyone retcon most of the series just because of a dumb ship. If a person who doesn't like Korrasami somehow was given the reins on a new installment they'd better have the tact to recognize retconning it from existence is a bad PR move.
>>
>>94221758
The quality looks really bad imo, it's grainy and the characters all look off. I mean she can barely get Korra or Asami to look right to say nothing of everybody else. If it wasn't for the colours and their clothes i couldn't tell it was even them. I know because i've seen some her black and white fanart.
>>
>>94221218
Just look at all the homophobia in this very thread. Just look at all the bashing The Legend of Korra gets on this very board for daring to have mature writing and daring to have a female lead.

As long as a sizable part of the audiences (the part that most often harrasses others) thinks and behaves the way it does, these things MUST ALWAYS be celebrated.

It's a culture war out there. We can't let our art sink into the quagmire these cretins want it to.
>>
>>94221824
I forgot to add: I think Makani would've been an infinitely better choice and since she's doing the covers I do think she was Bryke's first pick but she's way too busy now to take on another comic series.
>>
>>94221841
If it wasn't so shit people might not be so hostile towards it.
>>
>>94221841
>bait.jpg
>>
File: 1465346595892.jpg (11KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
1465346595892.jpg
11KB, 213x250px
>(((enrich)))
>>
>>94221841
What. If Korra was a gay male avatar the Korra defense force would be a fraction of the size it is now since the only people who like Korra are waifu fags.

Also what about the writing was mature?
>>
>>94221841
>these things MUST ALWAYS
So the actual quality of the qwork doesn't matter? Iy just gets a free pass because its gay?

Why?

Doesn't the gay community have any standards? Or are they so eager to rub it in the faces of detractors that they'll celebrate a subpar work purely to spite those that are vocal about its flaws?
>>
>>94221603
One and I used to work with him in the Meat department, I did know this annoying black kid who was basically a gay stereotype
>>
>>94221850
on /co/ of all places?
>>
>>94221175
Not yet, i don't think anyone here has any interest in story timing it.
>>
>>94221927
Even here yes. /co/ might hate LoK more than it deserves, but these comics are legitimately bad and overtly agenda driven. People might have complained about things here and there, but this is outright dismissal because the comic is almost offensive.
>>
>>94221603
I have this gay friend from college whom I didn't know was gay for about a year or so. He only told me when I teased him about some chick being his girlfriend.
>>
>>94221603
You've never met a gay person
>>
>>94221927
/co/ is love... that doesn't mean /co/ isn't allowed to hate stuff that is objectively bad
>>
>>94221603
Only gay guy I knew never brought it up aside from talking about his boyfriend here and there like everyone who's in a couple does.
>>
>>94221603
I'd imagine most gays don't go to pride parades of paricipates in lgbt activism actually.
>>
File: 2gays.jpg (309KB, 1031x633px) Image search: [Google]
2gays.jpg
309KB, 1031x633px
>getting their queer representations from picture books

you disgust me
>>
>>94220866
Sometimes I really, really hate reviewers and critics nowadays.
>>
>>94221218

You simply aren't noticing the LGBT people that don't talk much about their gender/sexuality they're not drawing attention to themselves. And when somebody gets shit on/isolated for being LGBT, it's not surprising that once they find a community/culture of acceptance, it becomes a big part of their life

>>94221603
On the flip side, sites like this will shit on pairings like this just for being LGBT. Shitty straight couples in fiction, people will talk a little about shitty they are then move on. Shitty LGBT couples will get massively dumped on here just for being LGBT, even if they're not written all that differently from shitty straight couples. I don't even think Korrasami is all that build, people ridiculously exaggerate the lack of buildup. If either Korra or Asami was a guy but everything else about their relationship remained the same I don't think people would shit on it even half as much
>>
>>94221979
Are they. I only see the same pages posted here but not the whole comic. That doesn't exactly make for a clear picture here.
>>
>>94221603
Most of us keep quiet about it and don't make a big deal. It's mostly the East/West Coast fags who can't or won't stop making a giant fucking deal about every little thing.

Also the trannies... bringing trannies into the fold was the single biggest mistake in the history of LGB rights. It's their fault we can't even bring up gay rights now without having to sit through a two hours rant about MUH BATHROOMS and MUH PRONOUNS. Fuck those mentally ill freaks.
>>
>>94221603
My uncle. He's gay, but I've heard him referring to the gay pride parade as, and I quote him, "a pack of degenerates".
>>
>>94222191
Read the rest of the leak/previews it's the same kind of writing but sometimes it's a different focus.
>>
File: tumblr queer.jpg (60KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr queer.jpg
60KB, 620x348px
>>94221918
>Doesn't the gay community have any standards?
To be fair, most of Korrasami LGBT supporters are tumblr queers, not real gays.
>>
I'm gay, can they stop making a spectical out if this?
>>
>>94222180
> sites like this will shit on pairings like this just for being LGBT
That's because no one defends a shitty straight pairing for being straight. It's treated on it's merits most of the time. So a straight pairing that is shit will be called out as such.

Now take Korrasami. It's a shitty relationship by any standard. But it's lgbt so it has to be good and it has to be catered to. Could you imagine anyone defending things like in this comic had it been about Makorra instead? I can't. It would have been hated by everyone and we could move on from there. There wouldn't be a review about "enriching" the mythology of avatar by tearing down Atla characters with a Makorra pairing, that shit just doesn't seem to happen.

So the problem isn't that they're gay per se, but that you can't criticize a gay pairing without being called a bigot. And there will always be someone around to defend a shittylgbt pairing because of some randomly selected reason. Be it censorship or bigotry.
>>
>>94222259
I think it's better than what Yang gave us, but I guess that makes my argument completely invalid now.
>>
>>94221477
>Wtf are you doing Mike?
What /co/ has been saying for quite some time. I recall threads that had people saying Kyoshi was gay and only had a kid because she lived so long she tried different things. And people here would say Kya is gay.
>>
>>94222384
Nah Yangs comics weren't good either. Atleast the art was cute for Atla comics, but i wouldn't say they were good. Especially the "sweetie" talk between Aang and Katara was cringey. I'd just say i think you're wrong about these being better than the Atla comics, they worse imo, but definately not better.
>>
>>94221603
Yes, but they hate the lgbt community in general as much as I do, which is a lot.
>>
>>94222438
That's opinions though, nothing more. And we know /co/'s opinion about Korra
>>
>>94222452
Sure, but the LoK comics live up to /co/s expectations. Whereas i think the Atla comics didn't, it's not like they're universally loved here btw, most people didn't like the Atla comics either.

And the LoK comics are bad for other reasons than opinion. The dialogue is flat and out of character for the most part. And when it isn't that it sounds just like an agenda piece. It's uttering statements we're supposed to agree with regardless of hiw they fit into the overall story or context. The plot focus is on Korrasami but it doesn't know how it wants to handle that plot flipflopping between overzelous joy and making it a drama thing. It's just not really well though out or well executed.

But your opinion on the Atla comics vs LoK comics have no bearing on any of this or the validity of your argument.
>>
>>94222263
What about the /u/fags?
>>
File: meme themes_00000.jpg (150KB, 2037x1131px) Image search: [Google]
meme themes_00000.jpg
150KB, 2037x1131px
>>94220866
I feel enriched already.
>>
>>94221603
ive barely bring up my gayness because its so insignificant in the scheme of everything and people who think like that are just narcissistic cunts
>>
No one likes Korra for the story, characters, and setting. They like it for the fag-fetishism. That's it. It doesn't matter how shit it gets. As long as Korra and Asami dyke it out, it's going to get 10/10.
>>
>>94221603
I have a bi friend who isn't all outgoing about it and rarely mentions it. Although to be fair we all thought he was asexual since he never showed any interest in either gender.
>>
>>94221752
Eh Ellie worked because of some of the things she said in the game. Like wanting to see what's apparently so special about naked dudes which she didn't seem to really get was supposed to be hot.
>>
>>94221832
To be fair no one short of Bryan would do for the art because he's the only one that gets the characters 100 percent right and he was apparently very critical with the current artist.
>>
>>94221603
>Has anyone ever met a gay or LGBT person that was capable of going 10 minutes without bringing up how gay they are or LGBT life/issues?
Unlike most of the poster replies, I have not.
>>
>>94221603
I'm bi, and I don't even mention it to 99.9% percent of people
>>
>>94220866
Everyone that foolishly thought the desperate asspull final scene of Season 4 wouldn't turn into the identity of the franchise from then onwards just got BTFO.
>>
>>94221603
lol of course. Knew a dude in college for three years before he told me he was gay. Go outside once in a while, fedora.
>>
>>94222704
Guruhiri was pretty good for the Atla comics art though. And it seems to me that Bryan wasn't hard enough on her art by the looks of it.
>>
This looks fake. You are so easy to bait.
>>
>>94222804
Avatar was too good of a series to get ruined like this.
>>
>>94222822
Gurihiru is really stiff when it comes to action and I personally think that quite a few character's faces are really off, like Zuko for example. And cute art can only do so much.
>>
>>94222570
They're half tumblr, half purityfags. The bastard offspring of /a/ and tumblr
>>
>>94221603
I know three lesbians and they're all fine, but most of the gay guys I know are every bit the stereotype and are really obnoxious.
>>
>>94222872
I can understand that. But he was more on point than Koh is as her action scenes aren't any better if not worse. Also i agree that art can't save bad story so yeah.
>>
>>94222835
http://www.avclub.com/article/queer-themes-enrich-franchise-mythology-legend-kor-258686

Read it and weep.
>>
>>94220866
It's amazing how hard supposed "critics" fellate anything that pushes a progressive agenda, no matter how hamfisted it is.
>>
>>94222180
BTAS' BrucexBabs gets shitposted about to this day and it happened more than 10 years ago.
>>
>>94222933
It's virtue signalling.
>>
>>94222877
They actually hate tumblr just as much as /co/ does since it's also a lot of /co/fags that went there because you can't discuss the show here anymore.
>>
>>94222957
SJWs don't read comics, but they do click on articles.
>>
>>94221218
Back to /pol/ Drumpftard! We don't allow bigots here!
>>
>>94222905
>he
Gurihiru are women. Otherwise I agree with what you said.
What's the damn problem with finding artists that are good at drawing action?
>>
>>94222933
>>94222957
It also turns out that these days if you don't do it you'll lose your job.
>>
>>94221603

Knew a friend since High School who came out sometime after graduating. All he liked talking about was eating and reading Ayn Rand.
>>
File: hahaha classic.jpg (63KB, 445x372px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha classic.jpg
63KB, 445x372px
>shitty gameplay, forgettable characters, boring story, dull action, bad music, poor visuals

>but there's homos in it

>"great game 10/10" - IGN
>"You NEED to buy this game" - Kotaku
>>
>if no one buys our book. it is because they're lgbt-phobic.
>>
>>94223054
Not that I don't believe it, but sauce?
>>
>>94221841
>>>/pol/
>>
>>94223026
When you draw a lot of action people complain about decompression and not getting enough reading material for their money, so most artists have little to no training in doing it aside from shitty posing.
The whole "action between the panels" meme is my least favorite part about American comics.
>>
>>94223082
>>>/v/
>>
>>94223121
How do they manage to do it in Manga then?
>>
>>94220866
At this point I'm starting to feel sorry for Korra.
>>
What the hell is a "queer theme"? Or is it just "genre fiction, but with gay people?"

Can there be, like, Queer Political Drama? Queer Horror Sci-Fi?
>>
>>94223084
Hasn't Turf Wars been sold out at online vendors already?
>>
File: hahaha fucking idiot.jpg (50KB, 340x371px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha fucking idiot.jpg
50KB, 340x371px
>>94223140
>shitty writing, forgettable characters, boring story, dull action, bad music, poor visuals

>but there's homos in it

>"great kids television 10/10" - Huffington Post
>"You NEED to watch this show" - Jezebel
>>
>>94222974
There are more people discussing it on /co/ than there are people on /u/ fellating it.
>>
>>94221603
Plenty.
It's the ones who are gay/trans/etc for victim points, for political purposes, or to feel special are the ones who go on about it plenty.

No surprise, those are the ones who are also always SJW. They like the power it gives them.
>>
File: 1492882507622.png (672KB, 1000x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1492882507622.png
672KB, 1000x1191px
>>94222974
From the looks of it you can't discuss it there anyway. It's a hugbox that ignores the faults so long as it has a canon yuri pairing.
>>
>>94223184
The term queer alone doesn't even seem to be used correctly anymore.
>>
>>94223026
Didn't know Gurihiru were more than one person or women. Nice to know though.
>>
>>94222974
/u/ is like one of the main bases of Korrasami cancer. What are you talking about?
>>
>>94223189
It got the preorder treatment. It got sold out some places i think, but it was also prior to the reviews, previews and even some leaked footage. People bought it based on the cover and LoK i assume. I have seen some people complain about hacing preordered it now that they know more.
>>
>>94221603
I worked with a guy for almost 2 years before I learned he was gay.
>>
>>94221014
And getting mad just guarantees they'll do it even more because MUH TRUMP. You have to understand how the SJW mindset works in order to shut it down.
>>
>>94223168
Different expectations from the audience, so artists are allowed to do it more. Although enough people still bitched about action decompression in Murata's version of One Punch Man (despite it being basically the best thing about it) that his editor told him to cut it out.
>>
>>94223216
Didn't queer used to be considered an insult to gays?
>>
>>94222877
>/u/
>tumblr

Shut the fuck up, those fucking niggers from tumblr ruined /u/. Now I have over 20 threads hidden at all times because anime girls doing cute things is too much to ask for nowadays. Fuck you.
>>
>>94223192
I hardly see it being discussed rather than shit talked on /co/. Since apparently it doesn't have anything positive talk about, or at least that's what /co/'s narrative seems to be even though AtlA also was pretty bad in the virtue signaling department, just of a different kind.
>>
>>94221603
>Has anyone ever met a gay or LGBT person that was capable of going 10 minutes without bringing up how gay they are or LGBT life/issues?

Yes, get out of your mom's basement and interact with people once in a while.
>>
>>94221816
I tried to watch it and like 5 minutes in I was like why am I doing this to myself. Its worse than young justice for christs sake.
>>
>>94223209
Funny thing is on /u/ they see /co/ as a hugbox that can't see anything positive about the show.
>>
>Ozai banning gay marriage.
>Not banning hetero marriage in the water tribe to stop the next Avatar from being born

was he an idiot?
>>
>>94223190
Bakana! How did he outwit his opponent to such an extent!?
>>
>>94223263
You think we'll get a Trump-inspired character in Korra?
>>
>>94222918
>reading anything from the AV Club.

There's yer problem.
>>
>>94223190
Good. Maybe in a couple of years you'll stop calling CGI "graphics".
>>
>>94223219
They are two or three japanese chicks
>>
>>94221603
depend, but usually it is the same amount as say guys that goes "Look at dat ass"
>>
>>94223287
People do have some threads about what they liked in LoK here, usually gets derailed because of differing opinions. Doesn't change that /co/ draws more people into topics of LoK than /u/ does or that /u/ is just as bad as /co/ for discussing LoK since they're just pro-LoK because of the Yuri pairing.
>>
>>94223270
Wasn't it just the britbong word for gay?
You know. Straight or queer.
Of course back in the olden days it was a term used for someone weird.
>>
>>94220866
This Is stupid but I want /pol/ to go back to their containment board
>>
>>94223349
But nobody likes Korra for anything except the yuri pairing.
>>
>>94223311
/LoK/ is not /u/
>>
>>94223311
The negatives far outweigh any positives. And in actually discussing the positives you quickly find out that they are neutral at best or wind up negligible. /u/ just wants yuri, as the board implies. But they are apparently conditioned to swallow anything that comes their way that's canon since they only have wishful thinking the vast majority of the time.
There is nothing good about the pairing other than the porn and even that has trickled down to nothing. And you don't need a canon relationship to produce more porn.
>>
>>94221603
most normal people, fuck I know several people ranging from stock standard gay to what /pol/ would call special snowflake tumblrites, if you act nice and at least try to respect them as people they aren't a fucking cunt about.

Honestly this whole thing has become a fucking joke since /pol/ thinks it became hot shit.
>>
talking about it just makes it more popular
>>
>>94221603
yes you fucking moron go outside for once
>>
>>94223435
>least try to respect them as people
>respecting degenerates
>>
>>94223209
in contrast to here that ignores any good because it had a gay couple
>>
>>94221603
I have but I know what you mean, some gay people just dress gay, talk gay, have gay mannerisms, etc. It's like they go from regular people to just gay people. It's annoys me because they say that they just want to be treated equally but try to act as differently as possible, just keep it to yourself, christ.

The people that are just regular folks that happen to be gay are alright though.
>>
>>94223536
>Expecting /pol/ to respect anyone

what do you take me for an idiot? suprise you fucking nigger other viewpoints exist besides yours no matter how much it fucking irks you
>>
File: 1489904166778s.jpg (8KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489904166778s.jpg
8KB, 229x250px
>>94220866
>enrich
>>
>>94223552
>in contrast to here that ignores any good because it had a gay couple
The problems of LoK are present since the first episode back when the girls were dropping their character development going for a single man.
>>
>>94221692
>>94221703
>>94221705
>>94221743
>>94221798
>>94221824

challenge accepted
>>
>>94223487
And staying silent allowed this cancer to become terminal.
Great advice.
>>
>>94223517
Contrary to what people here seem to think. I asked that because I do know 3 bi people and 2 trans that won't shut up about it. The male to female in particular I used to be able to have quality lore discussions about comics or star wars and now it's just look how gay these two obviously straight women are for each other!! The 3 bi's endlessly bitch and moan about Trump and representation in media. One of the supposedly bi women I know, (who says she can't actually date a women because muh internalized homophobia) I have never been able to sit through a movie that shows the Thor ragnarok trailer without hearing her say "I'm so gay for Hela" literally every time. I just know the shit end of it I guess.
>>
>>94223388
I know for a fact that is wrong. But most of those people don't love everything about LoK and most don't care or like the Yuri either.
>>
File: wonder bait.jpg (163KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
wonder bait.jpg
163KB, 622x626px
>>94223082
>IGN giving a Platinum game 10/10
>>
>>94221603
That Key and Peele skit is a perfect example.
>>
>>94221841
moshi moshi, beito desu
>>
>>94223401
I'd wager you get more porn if it isn't canon seeing as alot of things that might aswell be made for porn, has very little of it.
>>
>>94221175
>>94221931
Found it in the archive
>>94189899
>>
>>94223552
People were shitting on LoK long before the final 10 seconds. In fact it begun as soon as she opened her mouth and some people hated that.
>>
File: Based Poland.jpg (2MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Based Poland.jpg
2MB, 2400x3000px
The queers and degenerates have not yet internalized that the party is over, the pendulum is beginning to swing back the other way and everyone is long since tired of hearing about their bullshit.
But since they have about a year worth of scripts and plans all set for a Hillary victory, we must suffer through.
>>
>>94224035
>Hillary
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>94224011
Did they deliver? As far as i can tell it's just the cover.
>>
>>94221603
I'm trans and browse /co/. Been transitioned for 8 years, and nobody irl knows. Can't stand Tumblr shit and mainstream pandering. Trans people used to believe in two genders and wanting to blend in with the one they wanted to be. I hate people saying this or that character is trans or gay or whatever. Imo korrasami was hamfisted and not needed. Korea didn't need a love interest but the show jumped the idiot shark s2e1.
>>
>>94224083
Nope, even OP gave up.
>>
File: damn illegals.png (139KB, 269x255px) Image search: [Google]
damn illegals.png
139KB, 269x255px
>>94222191
Pic related should be enough for you to take a conclusion.

>spirits fuck shit up
>Korra thinks they deserve rights
it's shit writing. Or shit character, take your pick.
>>
>>94221218
The unreadable Squirrel-girl got an Eisner for being putrid shit, but being "so progressive" so yes, quality works get ignored, and anything promoting diversity is the best ever.
>>
>>94224132
Okay, this is legit starting to get funny, like an accidental satire.
>>
>>94223269
Murata doesn't have an editor, ONE told him to cut it out. No one supervises or oversees OPM besides ONE
>>
>>94221603
Yeah, see, LGB people who don't bring up that they're gay within the first few minutes of meeting them, or even for months after have more going on for them in their lives, and are actually interesting people. People who rely on their sexuality, race, gender, religion to completely define them are boring, uninteresting cunts. Liek those girls you meet who are so keen to tell you they're 1/24th native american 1/2 Columbian and 2/29th''s Columbian dark roast blend.

I've met plenty of people who don't fill me in on their sexual preferences until promted when it somehow comes up in conversation, those tend to be functioning people.
>>
>>94221841
Dofus had a lesbian lead and mature writing (as much as Korra, at least), yet nobody was outraged.
Because it was well written.

The fact that Korrasami was the best ship outta this show doesn't mean that it was a good coupling in any way, just that the relationship writing for the rest of LoK was fucking atrocious.
>>
>>94224132
That scene involves Raiko. When was he ever not a cunt?
So what she said isn't entirely wrong. He'd sing a different tune if he had anything to gain from it. I guess this is what fuels Zhu Li getting candidated for president.
>>
>>94224294
Korrasami isarguably the worst ship to come out of LoK. It's the sole reason we have these shit comics being this shit for one.
>>
File: 1500052962837.png (254KB, 1332x661px) Image search: [Google]
1500052962837.png
254KB, 1332x661px
>>94220866
wow you retards are still bitching wow
>>
>>94221603
I'm gay and I don't.

But I'm also financially responsible and despise most of the shit modern liberals want.
>>
>>94224345
Considering how Mako was written, especially in the latter seasons, I wouldn't want any more romantic scene with him in it.
>>
>>94224294
I'd take a thousand Korrasami's over the shit that was any relationship involving Mako.
The scene in the comic where he wonders if Korra and Asami got together because he was such a shithead was just dessert.
>>
File: 1486227952120.png (53KB, 332x352px) Image search: [Google]
1486227952120.png
53KB, 332x352px
wow you really can't have avatar threads anymore without you sad fucks fucking them up or crying about korra
>>
File: Griffith-god.jpg (153KB, 1024x713px) Image search: [Google]
Griffith-god.jpg
153KB, 1024x713px
>>94224132
Fuck that allegory. Spirits are nothing like illegal immigrants or rapefugees. They're Eldritch abominations beyond human control. This is less Trump bragging about the wall or the rise or the far right on Europe and closer to Griffith starting the Dark Age
>>
>>94224404
You can, actually.

>>94214258
>>
>>94224132
>spirits fuck shit u
you mean some gangsters and idiots going to the portals to do stupid shit then getting there shit pushed in ok idiot
>>
>>94224390
Oh i get that. But lets not pretend Korrasami was that much better if it even was.
>>
>>94220911
theres so much hatred and truth in this comment that I actually think you deserve those dubs
>>
>>94224404
Maybe you should go to an avatar thread and not a korra thread before complaining.
>>
>>94224440
yee just a matter of time before one of you fucks go and cry about those 2 pics you don't like
>>
>>94224505
What?
>>
>>94224495
so what your telling me is if i make a korra thread you are going to go in and cry about korra being gay over and over like this one
>>
>>94224390
Mako can't be really blamed for being a bad character when it was badly written and meant to be a fan pandering in the first place. Also after the breakup, he was seem very supportive to Korra despite all their fights. I was thinking they will probably try it again after all what Mako has been doing for Korra but Korra wasn't thankful at all to Mako
>>
>>94224442
Well /co/ doesn't read comics after all.
>>
>>94224523
I'm going to talk about Korra. It's not my fault the only thing to talk about anymore is that she's gay, that one is on Mike.
>>
Korra was dog shit for so many reasons before that ten second hand holding at the literal last moment of a four season series.

But it is pretty embarrassing how big a deal people are making this, as if much cartoons don't have actual married gay couples with children. It's not about being gay, it's about fantasy self-insert shallowness.
>>
>>94224035
Dude, this is not /pol/
>>
>>94224505
>Proven wrong
>But but but the pictures
>>
>>94224584
>only thing to talk about anymore
no its not you stupid fucker

>>94224624
>Proven wrong
how
>>
File: 1501246631425.png (93KB, 1505x635px) Image search: [Google]
1501246631425.png
93KB, 1505x635px
hmmm
>>
>>94224655
You said "you really can't have avatar threads anymore without you sad fucks fucking them up or crying about korra"

Then was linked to a thread that was about Avatar without anyone bitching about Korra.

Then said that it doesn't count.
>>
>>94221603
Yes. He was also the Head of the CCF, ended up joining the Army and left as a Captain and voted Conservative.
>>
>>94224655
Then what do you want to talk about? Even Mike thinks it's all that worth talking about that's why it's the focus of the comics. Despite more interesting conflicts, like the earth kingdom situation. Or a genuine attempt at the spirit portal stuff. But no it's about homophobia and acceptance in a world that hasn't mentioned either at any point during the show runs.
>>
>>94224722
>>94224698
fuckin bigots
>>
File: 1499865731834.png (343KB, 744x417px) Image search: [Google]
1499865731834.png
343KB, 744x417px
>>94224132
How many layers of irony is this comic on?
>>
>>94224722
looks like you didnt read the comic you fool

>>94224698
there is nothing going on there all they are talking about is zuko fucking azula
>>
>>94221841
But it's this constant pushing and 'celebration' that's annoying people. I've got no problem with homosexuality or whatever people like, but when everything has to be co-opted into political messages that are blunt, push for aims beyond acceptance and are, most damningly at all, shit, you're going to annoy people, and some of that annoyance will end up being aimed at what you're celebrating.

This constant stream of 'celebratory' media is making people MORE racist, anti-homosexual, sexist, etc.
>>
>>94221603
Most my coworkers don't know I'm gay, because its a nontopic. Not like I hide it or anything, more that who fucking cares?

Plenty of lgbt people just go about their lives, problem is that its that you don't know someone is as such unless they go out of their way to declare it in conversation or you see them with their partner. So often the people who are noticed are the annoying fuckers who make it the world's problem that they're gay or what the fuck ever.
>>
>>94221603

Yes, because I have LGBT friends and don't just make assumptions based on loud minorities like you do.
>>
>>94224758
I haven't read it no, i'm not about to pay Bryke any money to produce more of this drivel. But anything in the previews and interviews with them is about Korrasami first. It's the main plot of the comic anything else is secondary.
>>
>>94224793
Oh, I guess there is a reason I don't bring it up in the last few years, because of >>94224791

I fucking hate it when people do the whole "you're so BRAVE!" bullshit when its not. It might be in good intention but it singles out people in an awkward as fuck way. If you really want to be accepting then just accept it, don't make it a thing, treat the other party like any other person.
>>
>>94223383
Queer means odd or weird. And I still use it in that context.
>>
>>94224855
Exactly.

Most of this stuff is being pushed not as to actually defend and allow homosexuals to just live their lives as they want to, but to advance other agendas or attack political or societal constructs. It doesn't even help homosexuals because ordinary people now are finding themselves grouped in with the mentally unstable who dance around in public and throw temper tantrums if people question them.
>>
File: 342.gif (4MB, 850x720px) Image search: [Google]
342.gif
4MB, 850x720px
>>94224825
>I haven't read it no
welp
>>
>>94221603
No. All trannies are mentally broken humans.
>>
>>94222196
transphobes need to go back to >>>/pol/, your kind aren't welcome here
>>
>>94224978
Let him talk
>>
>>94224754
Well it has Mako wondering if he turned them towards each other.
>>
>>94221603
I'm bi and usually shut the fuck up about it because no one SHOULD care that I'm bi.
>>
>>94224946
Well so are people on 4chan one way or another. I'd call people obsessing over cartoons and comic hardly normal.
>>
God that short hair is so trash.
>>
File: 1470467457569.jpg (10KB, 236x255px) Image search: [Google]
1470467457569.jpg
10KB, 236x255px
>enriches
>>
wait a sec /co/ are you trying to culturally enrich me again
>>
Who reads comics, anyway?
>>
File: Bryan.png (543KB, 764x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Bryan.png
543KB, 764x1008px
>>94224685
So? Sozin (Mao) is dead and all the bad things are gone. Despite that Sozin was back in the past and Mao would be current with how LoK is doing its handling of timelines.

Making Sozin, who is the bad guy already, into a rampaging homophobe while telling your readers that the Good People are open to LGBTBBQ identities and life styles is disingenuous.
>>
>>94225045
>bi

*closeted gay
>>
>>94224524
Considering Korra spent more time with Mako on the finale and according to the VAs, they re-record lines at the last minute, maybe Makorra was originally endgame until Bryke realize Korrasami could save their asses
>>
File: 1478923993855.jpg (13KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
1478923993855.jpg
13KB, 271x271px
>>94225118
Let me enrich your asshole with my diversity
>>
>>94225222
Well good people not being judgemental is kind of a no brainer these days.
Though be honest people would have bitched if the FN was fine with faggots too.
>>
>>94225228
Original endgame was solo end
>>
>>94225298
Or the topic of faggots could never have been brought up. Korra and Asami want to start a romantic relationship. There. That part is over and no one makes a big deal about it, neither positive nor negative.
Let's get back to the restoration of the URN, Earth Kingdom, and Air Nation. Then maybe we can see how the Fire Nation is doing. Among a hundred other things that are more interesting.
>>
>>94221603
The difference here being gay people in real life aren't obligated to entertain you with their character

in Fiction and media a character must remain interesting by merit of who they are, and unfortunately most times "the gay character" is what they end up presenting themselves as.
>>
File: happy.jpg (25KB, 335x254px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
25KB, 335x254px
>>94223308
I thought I was the only person who knew young justice was a pile of shit
>>
>>94223319
They think all bad guys are Trump, there's no reason to draw actual inspiration.
>>
>>94221603
>tfw I go to a school filled with these kinds of faggots
> I want to fucking die
>>
>>94225054
Nah. Trannies are worse than autists.
>>
File: 1456439844321.jpg (415KB, 698x921px) Image search: [Google]
1456439844321.jpg
415KB, 698x921px
I think representation is important. We still live in an age where most heroes are straight white dudes and I think you sometimes have to force a little diversity even if it makes the powers that be uncomfortable because often times they don't do it themselves. If you didn't bring it to someone's attention that they don't have good female characters, black characters, etc. they would probably never go out of their comfort zone to make them. I know I wouldn't.

I honestly feel like we're living in an age of transition and yeah, a lot of these stories are going to be garbage. That's just part of the deal. Not everyone is going to get this whole diversity thing well right out of the gate.

Anybody remember those awful 90's shows where they had to have one white character, one black, one Asian, etc. who all hung out with each other? It was contrived, stupid, and unrealistic but we loved those shows as kids and grew up with them. People who grew up with the Power Rangers remember them fondly even though it was carefully manufactured to be as politically correct and inclusive as possible, something we claim to hate today.

And this is coming from someone who thought Korrasami was handled horribly in the show. I can appreciate its importance but still acknowledge that it was done in probably the laziest and worst way possible.

They sure have some yummy fan art though.
>>
>>94221772
I knew a gay guy who like MtG. He dated a 40 year old in highschool and got married after graduation. His parents weren't pissed that he was gay, but that he was dating a pedophile.
>>
>>94222904
>college lesbians
And I know a chick who got raped because a guy bumped into her at a bar.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
I swear Dofus is the only show I've seen do gay characters correctly.
>>
File: west versus east.png (1MB, 1258x664px) Image search: [Google]
west versus east.png
1MB, 1258x664px
>>94225764
>We still live in an age where most heroes are straight white dudes
Hilarious that you think so. Nearly every game being made in the last year has some version of brown female protagonist. And have you seen Marvel comics? Besides Punisher and Daredevil I'm struggling to think of any straight white male protagonists.
>>
>>94225849
>left squares
Holy shit, that's embarrassing.
>>
>>94225764
>We still live in an age where most heroes are straight white dudes and I think you sometimes have to force a little diversity even if it makes the powers that be uncomfortable because often times they don't do it themselves.
Yeah na that's bullshit. So many cape characters have been racebent in the past few years, not to mention female Ghostbusters, the new Star Wars movies, and how insanely popular Steven Universe is. If anything, diversity has now become a marketing gimmick.

>And this is coming from someone who thought Korrasami was handled horribly in the show. I can appreciate its importance but still acknowledge that it was done in probably the laziest and worst way possible.
Steven Universe handled gay characters way better than Korra did. So did Clarence and Loud House.
>>
File: no.jpg (37KB, 287x375px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
37KB, 287x375px
>>94220866
>"Enrich" the mythology
>Was actually working on an entire 10,000 year history of the Avatar world after Wan and the Harmonic Convergence covering the origin stories of the first benders, battles, kings, disasters, barbarians, trade wars, industrialization, revolts, and palace intrigues that required so much research it became too intimidating for just a casual project so I constantly put it on hold.
>But, nah, add some lesbos and DEEP COMPLEX STORY
>>
>>94225849
Funnily enough, all the characters you posted are either side characters or part of a big ensemble cast.
>>
>>94225991
You could have always made your own lore and wrote your own novel. Not just play with fanfiction but go play with the big boys.
>>
>>94226006
Beyond good and Evil? I don't know who the main character is. It could be the monkey or the afro girl. Wolfenstein 2? BJ is part Jewish, so I don't know if that counts. Mafia 3? MC is a black guy. A way out is the only one that you really has two white guys as the MC's, and judging by the nose of one of them I think one of them might be Jewish.
>>
>>94221218
To this people, good storytelling isn't important, only Representation is.

Representation in mainstream Western media, mind you. Foreign works or niches are too obscure for them.
>>
>>94225991
A few /co/ anons were talking about making an ATLA-like series but based on European culture and mythology. Maybe do something like that?
>>
>>94221603
I have. But then again, I don't live in America or Europe.
>>
>>94221218
From I've seen of the comic it's not good and it's clearly there for inclusiveness brownie points.
>>
File: 1482357725764.png (313KB, 691x396px) Image search: [Google]
1482357725764.png
313KB, 691x396px
>>94226070
you are one stupid fucker
>>
>>94224392
Everybody in TLOK was either an awful person or was cardboard.
>>
>>94221841
>>>tumblr
Celebrating mediocrity and poor writing is the opposite of a moral standard. Your culture war is being lost because of your stupidity in approving of poorly written trash which only hurts your agenda. Push competent, masterful writing, and you will win your culture war. Continue to push stupidity and you will only be seen as regressive ideologues who are blinded by their partisanship.
>>
>in the WT it's custom that you only tell your family that you're a faggot and otherwise don't go around telling everyone
And of course the backwater yokels are the most sensible ones.
>>
>>94226144
You're automatically white nationalists in the perception of the media. I also think that making ATLA based on European culture is cringeworthy, but to each their own.
>>
>>94220911
First post best post and dubs of truth in same package.

This is the absolute truth of the universe.
>>
>>94223263
>>94221014
This. It's exactly like dealing with MAGAfags. Just fucking ignore it and realize if you don't feed it it won't grow. There's a reason SJW shit dies on the vine once public furor is done with it.
>>
>>94221603

It's like dudebros, atheists, christians, or any dmeographic really. You notice the vocal ones, most just get on with their lives. Sure, there's your pride parade drag queens, but there's also tom and steve down the road that like to go antiquing.
>>
>>94221703
I like korrasami, I thought the series as a whole was shit. Honestly it's the best pairing they could have done, since it's at least interesting.

They had a shot with the whole class-division anti-bender movement and dropped the ball.
>>
>>94226566
Korrasami as a concept is acceptable. Korrasami in execution by Bryke is terrible.
>>
>Sozin was baddie because he hated da homos
>>
File: everything.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
everything.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>94226584
coming from retards that didnt read the book
>>
>>94221841
I know its bait but hears your (you),

korra was shit regardless of lesbians, and was made worse by it because it came of as preachy and dogmatic.

You complain about homophobia but you fail to realize how homophobic it is to boil a character into a fucking caricature obsessed with the fact there gay instead of writing a character that happens to be gay or as TLOK did use being gay as a cynical ratings grab. I acctually fucking speak to fans and other normies and this sort of shit they avoid like fucking plague, nobody wants to be told there assholes and preached to in the shows they watch in there spare time for fucking fun. Not that your types would know what fun is even if it hit you on the backside of the head with a ten ton force
>>
>>94226584
>Korrasami as a concept is acceptable

Is it?

I really struggle to figure how it could have worked out without feeling forced or at Mako's expense.
>>
>>94226718
Are you implying the comic executed Korrasami inTurf Wars was good? Because it sounds to me your opinion is shit.
>>
>>94226070
>Beyond good and evil
The MC will likely be made in a Character Creator from what I heard.
>Wolfenstein
BJ is a Polish badass mofo and he'd beat your nazi ass.
>Mafia 3
Nobody cares. The main character might be Gary Busey, the game would still be a piece of shit.

You specified brown, female protagonists. And those don't exist in the examples given.
In summary: You should stop.
>>
>>94226768
Brykes execution was horrible. But you can make anything feel good if you have competent writers. This probably means it'd have to be rewrote from the beginning, but Korrasami by itself (Korra + Asami) could easily be done by a good writer.
>>
>>94226769
yea just like your opinion i dont give a shit about
>>
>>94226822
You're definitely in the very tiny itsy bitsy minority then because I read Turf Wars online and it is SHIT.

Your opinion is discarded. :^)
>>
>>94226803
yea most of the retards are mad over nothing
>>
>>94226769
Well that's your opinion against another one isn't it?
>>
>>94226848
The entire thing hasn't even been scanned yet
>>
>>94226873
Read Turf Wars and get back to me samefag.
>>
>>94226848
>You're definitely in the very tiny itsy bitsy minority
no you retards are you are some extramly small idiots bitching on /co/ you think anybody gives a shit what some idiot on here thinks
>>
>>94226900
>didnt get invited to c2
Kek.
>>94226907
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>94226900
It is available online in its entirety, just not scanned into images. It's in a video format so it zooms in on dialogue and pictures and moves about the page. It can be found online, unless they took it down already.

But the whole thing is already shaping up to be awful.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (43KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
43KB, 220x319px
>>94226961
cry more fuck boy
>>
File: 1495876365691.gif (873KB, 232x180px) Image search: [Google]
1495876365691.gif
873KB, 232x180px
>>94226228
This is the no argument dance. I do it whenever someone says something stupid, like you.
>>
>>94226995
>Marvel sales at all time low because of SJW
No. Turf wars will sell terribly and you will sit there and eat my smugness because you think low quality writing is good just because it includes diversity. Poor incompetent writing will never be acceptable, and the execution is everything.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>94226803
BJ is officially part Jewish though. The original creators of Wolfenstein confirmed it. And no, I did not. I said they had some version of black female protagonist. I understand that I was pretty unclear with what I said so I'll restate it. I mean that just plain straight white male protagonist are pretty rare and MC's are usually brown, gay, or female or some combination of that.
>>
>>94227052
wow you are a stupid fucker and what does this haft to do with Marvel and you not getting the comic wont do shit
>>
>>94221603
Yes and they hate this crap.Same for the marriage.They just wanted to live quietly.
>>
>>94227052
I"m not who you're responding too, but come the fuck on now. Everyone knows how poorly Marvel is selling. It's not a secret. Even most of Marvel's fans know this. Even fucking marvel knows this and instead of correcting their mistakes they're just blaming their "fans" for not buying enough comics.
>>
>>94221603
Holy fucking bait god damn anon
>>
>>94226803
Jade from Beyond Good and Evil is brown.
>>
>>94226967
Can't be as awful as The Search.
>>
>>94227216
>Marvel goes the SJW route and loses 20-30K sales routinely because of it
>Korrasami now going the SJW route
One can only assume that Korrasami will suffer because of the ineptness in writing. When I say SJW I am more talking about the blatant pandering in stupidity for the cause of diversity. I think Kamela was done quite well, and I liked Gwen, for what it was worth. But when I see Marvel ultimately trashing their titles in favor of poor writing and diversity such as Thor, and including such terrible executions like America, it is not insane to assume Korrasami will suffer because of the ineptness in its writing quality because of forced diversity. Diversity can be good, but not when you have incompetent writers including diversity and forced problems for the sake of progressive tribute points. It's pathetic.

The fact that you can't see that the writing is shit means you probably haven't even read it, and are just butthurt because someone doesn't find the first entry to be acceptable. I have nothing against Korrasami, but I have major problems with Bryke. How about you take your low standards and shove them up your asshole, and go back to tumblr?
>>
>>94227336
I thought she was asian.
>>
>>94227305
Why are you replying to me? Read the reply chain as I think you are misinterpreting what I said.
>>
>>94221603

Yes. People just want to get on and move on. Let them do that and there are no major issues.
>>
>>94227369
im not reading your wall of text but i can tell your crying over nothing fuck off
>>
File: 1378989107030.gif (104KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
1378989107030.gif
104KB, 250x225px
>>94227484
Looks like I won the argument. ez. Opinion discarded. :^)
>>
>>94224253
My mistake, thanks for the correction.
>>
>>94227392
Her skin was pretty brown if you ask me.
>>
>>94227484
this is what shitposting looks like. turf wars sucks, deal with it.
>>
>>94227369
Dark Horse has a better history with comics that include same-sex stuff though. So it's not like the readers of the publisher would be weirded out by the concept.
>>
File: 1464302073442.png (885KB, 1078x659px) Image search: [Google]
1464302073442.png
885KB, 1078x659px
>>94227506
>>94227506
ok idiot from what i get from you is that you are saying that nobody likes korra and wont get the comic but the only idiots bitching are on /co/ like you so what are you trying to prove

>>94227558
another opinion
>>
>>94227583
retards here dont read comics
>>
>>94227583
My argument is not that Dark Horse will suffer because they include same-sex relationships. I am arguing that it will suffer because of the writing quality because if you've read Turf Wars, it's like a highschoolers fanfiction. Same-sex is fine, but just like any topic at hand, poorly written, shoveled shit is not.
>>
>>94227640
you sound like a fucking fool
>>
>>94227543
It didn't look brown to me. It looked Olive, which is the typical asian skin tint.
>>
>>94227588
Oh, so now you're reading my opinions eh? How about forming an argument on why poorly included diversity with incompetent, terrible writing, won't affect the Korra comics when it affected Marvel.

If you actually formulated a real argument I'd give you credence, but you're at the moment continuing to shitpost and you give no actual arguments besides the fact that you don't like my opinions. Give me something tangible, or fuck off tumblr.
>>
>>94227728
not an argument
>>
>>94227672
>>94227588
>>94227484
This is shitposting and you're all falling for the bait.
>>
>>94227759
To be fair the person continuing to say he won't read posts because they won't align with his thinking is the one shitposting. He's currently giving no actual arguments on why the Korra comics won't suffer, and he continues to shitpost. It is painfully obvious he is just baiting, but people keep falling for it.
>>
File: 1465545077639.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1465545077639.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>94227771
i cant tell of most of you retards are shitposting or not anymore
>>
>>94227809
With tumblr and pol here on a daily basis, it's probably legitimate retardation.
>>
>>94225222
>Korra is already 5 years old

Damn how time flies
>>
>>94224685
>Rejection of homosexuality originating in the Tang Dynasty might also suggest Indian influences, given the fact that some Hindu and Buddhist literature disapproved of homosexuality.

Uuuuuh, SJWs?
>>
>>94221603
I have. They don't bring it up if not addressed or to make bad puns.
Find better gays anon.
>>
>>94221641

Korra is fine as a general idea.

>Angry avatar who isn't that interested in peace and is constantly itching for a fight
>Constantly trying to live up to the idea of an avatar who is loved by most, reviled by some villains, and regarded as 'great but misguided' by other villains
>Surrounded by the biases and weaknesses of her teachers (season 2's bullshit can fuck right off though in that aspect)
>Bisexual? Sure, that's been handled well before even by the Japanese, a culture that regards homosexuality as an amusing joke.
>Dealing with the aftermath of a supposedly 'golden' era, when in fact all previous defenders of peace merely delayed problems? Neat
>Cyber and steampunk? Sure
>Specialist techniques have become norm, at the cost of basic ones being far weaker? Definitely interesting
>Avatar's origin's weren't originally as noble as previously though? Go for it
>Previous Avatar couldn't fix the flaws of general society, and now that's on you? Excellent

On paper it's fantastic.

However, Korra's personality is akin to fucking Crabbe and Goyle in terms of guile, subtletly and empathy.

>This man committed genocide, and created an institution of hate
>Wow, he was the worst
>Wow Korra, that was some real maturity you just showed! Too bad it'll be gone next season
>Well, you beat the embodiment of darkness, this random street thug should be no proble- and he's tied you up and kidnapped you

Korra has good moments, but they don't seem to last. She is the anti-aang in every scene, apart from her rare moments of personal growth. The only time she isn't a violent douchebag is when it would prevent civil war, or save thousands of lives, or prevent the apocalypse... then she goes full paragon, except she didn't choose the bold text option, so now shit is fucked.
>>
>>94220911

Well actually I think the show was pretty expensive, animation-wise. The writing on the other hand? Cheap.
>>
>>94228562
Especially the first season. Shit looked fucking great.
>>
>>94228694
>>94228562
Honestly the animation was really nice and it was a step up from AtLA (although AtLA still looks nice). I sort of disliked the 3D aspects we saw in both shows, but it's par for the course I suppose. Maybe if they would have blended them in more so it wasn't as noticeable.
>>
>>94221603
Pretty much every gay person I've met are just like your average guy
>>
File: Courage internet2.jpg (26KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
Courage internet2.jpg
26KB, 384x288px
>glance at reviews
>everything is 4/5 or 5/5

Fucking shit people.
>>
>>94221816
of the 4 seasons it's the best, but compared to the last airbender seasons it'd be the worst.
>>
>>94221603
Plenty. Frankly such topics usually aren't presented for discussion so it isn't discussed. I've never known an LGBT person that only ever talked about those issues, but then again I don't hang out with insufferable cunts.
>>
File: $_3.png (362KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.png
362KB, 800x800px
>>94220866
*kit kats*
>>
File: 1482415626501.jpg (46KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
1482415626501.jpg
46KB, 437x501px
>>94228867
>Be on college campus
>insufferable cunts everywhere
>all they ever want to talk about is how oppressed they are
>>
>>94225832
is because Dofus is not in your face but more naturally and you get to catch the drift if not at first but after a while. The problem with Korrasami is that if felt too forced with the ending because there was no hints at romance, best friends sure because after the romance triangle, it was their way to start over again and I really believed this was leading to Korra finally having a close friend her age of same gender because she didn't have a person like that to befriend in the entire season, they were either kids or adults and for being a teenager, it must be frustrating if we consider the huge responsibility she carried for being the Avatar, so putting Asami back into the picture was a good way for Korra to become more natural as a character but nope, the letters, the concerns and the flatters (which girls actually do that to each other without any sexual feedback) all were romantic hints at each other without too much development. I don't mind that Korra got her dry noodle wet but the sudden decision of turning into gay or bi didn't sit well on me but that's not all. according to what everyone talks in this thread, seems like now they want to take the chance and make certain character be outed which doesn't feel like it should matter for the Avatar, but I guess in a perfect world with no war or nations colliding, there is nothing else for the Avatar to be called for so now they are moving on to sexualities and later on mix breeding
>>
>>94225764
>I think representation is important.

Why?

>I honestly feel like we're living in an age of transition and yeah, a lot of these stories are going to be garbage. That's just part of the deal.

What deal? Why is it important that we eat shit? Why is diversity for the sake of diversity a good thing?
>>
>>94227099
>I mean that just plain straight white male protagonist are pretty rare

lol what fantasy land do you live in?
>>
>>94228954
*milky way*
>>
>>94229066
It's not and regressives are only justifying it because it fits their ideology. Poor writing is inexcusable. Incompetence is now the standard, and acceptable writing is now masterful.
>>
>>94229066

>Why?

Because different kinds of people exist anon. Some people may want to see themselves reflected in various media. You may not care but others might.

It's not hard to understand desu.
>>
>>94229230
Not him but
>some people might want to see themselves reflected as token shit with handicapped writing
Pathetic.
>>
>>94229059
Honestly I'd struggle to even believe that Korra and Asami were best friends. My first pick from the Krew would've actually been Mako and then Tenzin for who Korra's best friend is.
>>
>>94228773
its almost like they read it and not look at one page and freak the fuck out
>>
>>94229354
yeah the 'history of the GAYS' is like two pages or something and i bet in general being gay isn't illegal but it's just seen as an oddity so that's why you don't see a lot of them in avatar's setting
>>
>>94229306
Tenzin was her mentor so there was supposed to be some sort of respect in there if Tenzin wasn't portrayed like s grandpa stuck in his old days. I couldn't see some friendship building except for a mentor and disciple.

Mako was kinda dubious, in the entire series I saw Mako trying to fix things with Korra in hopes of having another chance, I believed that was the possibility as a way to feed the Katara and Zuko hole TLA never offered and it felt right, it was Mako's opportunity to fix his bad character from previous season and start being a new Mako. But in the end he was just a support character
>>
>>94229423
Actually I feel like if someone wanted to fix things between them it was Korra. Mako was the one who tried to keep his distance from her at first and she was clearly upset and hurt by that. Honestly I really did think they were setting up a Makorra reunion right up until the end of their last conversation in book 4, though in more of a "let's give this another shot" way and not a "I'VE NEVER STOPPED LOVING YOU, KISS ME" way.

> But in the end he was just a support character
Honestly that's pretty much the whole Krew. Korra never really found her Katara or Zuko.
>>
>>94229507
I can understand why Mako made the choice of distancing from Korra, their entire relationship was a complete mess and it's fine to take some time off not to mention life puts you under many other tasks so priorities happen. Mako being the one distancing was a right choice. But at some point (or more likely at the end) Bryke thought that turning her into a lesbian (or bi) was a better choice.

>>94229507
>Honestly that's pretty much the whole Krew
That's true, after all Korra was strong independent woman and they all have to deal with it
>>
Damn dykes
>>
>>94229507
>Korra never found her Katara or Zuko
That's because she's a shit person though. She doesn't deserve love.
>>
File: 1500597850849.gif (208KB, 323x221px) Image search: [Google]
1500597850849.gif
208KB, 323x221px
>>94221841
>>
>>94229306
Wasn't her "supposed" best friend Bolin because I thought it was bullshit that Korra decide to just not speak to both Mako and Bolin and thought Asami was the only who understood her....
>>
>>94222196
Agreed, I don't even understand why trans people are included in that. LGB are sexual preferences, trans people have a legitimate mental illness. It just muddies the waters. They should have outed them like they did the pedos.
>>
>>94223270
I think they "took it back"
>>
>>94223932
It's not even a new joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dANhors2YU
>>
>>94230368
Korra's only actual best friend as proclaimed in the show is Naga
>>
>>94224035
You're gonna get called a /pol/ scrub but honestly I think you might be right. Gay marriage was a very controversial issue, but as soon as it went through (and personally I'm glad it did, weed next plz) they started pushing trans rights next, which is even more controversial. Then the identity politics thing exploded and they tried to force Hillary down our throats. I think the Trump Presidency is just the beginning of a very long and painful backlash from the right.
>>
>>94220911
I thought it was a great show just not for kids .
>>
>>94224132
At this point, shit writing IS Korra's character
>>
>>94224198
>The unreadable Squirrel-girl got an Eisner
TWO Eisners
>>
>>94220911
hahahah well said
>>
>>94224439
If anything, the awful Wan flashbacks showed that spirits are just as violent and capable of destruction as humans, if not more so because simply being around negative energy can cause them to become beasts of destruction against their will.
>>
>>94225562
>Ugh, HELLO MEGAN?
Nah my dude, it was a pile of garbage.
>>
>>94225764
>We still live in an age where most heroes are straight white dudes and I think you sometimes have to force a little diversity even if it makes the powers that be uncomfortable because often times they don't do it themselves.
I disagree. Let good ideas stand on their own. Forcing what essentially boils down to propaganda down people's throats will only make them resent the message as well as the content.
>>
>>94225832
What is dofus? I've missed it apparently.
>>
>>94221603
My friend is gay and he doesn't really mention it much.
>>
>>94225764
Honestly I am 100% okay with Korra being bi and dating a girl. I just don't like Asami.
>>
>>94228485
I've speculated that at some point the thrust of Korra was going to be that the industrialization of the world and drifting away from spiritual ideals was why she seemed so adrift. She was 100% ready to be the avatar (in contrast to aang), only to find that the world didn't really need an avatar anymore. The entire 2nd season is basically Korra creating a reason to stay relevant, at the expense of creating all of the problems from that point onward. She literally creates her own villains through a selfish act to stay important and maintain her avatar status.
>>
File: 1497121721511.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1497121721511.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>94229230
Yeah, I hate playing Metroid games because I am not a beautiful, blond amazon of a woman raised by bird folk. I only play games where I get to play people like who I am in real life, a sad 4chan user with crippling depression.
>>
File: 1499151253131.gif (1006KB, 256x199px) Image search: [Google]
1499151253131.gif
1006KB, 256x199px
>>94230200
>>
>>94230818
I thought her being gay really came out of the left field. I mean her being gay doesn't bother me but it really seems like it was just tacked on at the end for some brownie points.
>>
>>94230773
I think Mike's way of handling LGBT people in Avatar hasn't been great so far but I still think /co/ is overreacting to what's probably a single page in what's like an 80-page comic. Also let's not pretend /co/ would suddenly be interested in this comic if Korrasami hadn't been made canon.
>>
>>94221603
Lesbians, Gays, and Bisexuals are usually all fine.

It's the fucking trannies who can't get over themselves.
>>
>>94230944
You literally just said this is what you wanted, diversity for diversity's sake even if it's bad. And bashing Korra was a /co/ pass-time way before they made her bi.
>>
>>94231001
I'm not the anon you responded to.
>>
>>94231051
My second point still stands. We would have been shitting on this comic regardless.
>>
>>94230890
This. I loathe playing Shantae because I am not a chocolate half gypsy with magic powers and GTA San Andreas because I am not a man from da hood. I also hated Prey because I am not a Native American.
>>
>>94231282
And we can all agree that no one but japanese born italians like mario games.
>>
>>94231282
Shantae is clearly caramel, not chocolate.
>>
>>94220866
Would you believe it? I loved this series once.
>>
>>94231364
I did too. I blame the lionturtles.
>>
>>94223168
Honestly it's a lot to do with release schedule and expectation. Because mangaka grew up with other action shows with crazy abilities and flashy action, it's what they put into their stories because shit still sells. Plus, being able to use 19 pages a week compared to 21 pages a month, means action isn't decompression so much as main event.
>>
>>94229187
I mean some people act like diversity makes something shitty half the time, I can't blame them when shit like Korra or SU exist but things in the past were good and it wasn't because the main characters were white.
>>
File: IMG_0932.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0932.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>94221841
>>
>>94221603
couldnt care less about fags and dykes
trannies are the the problem
>>
>>94230633
y u watch it then?
>>
>>94221603
nope
>>
>>94231556
Diversity itself isn't the problem. Representation inside media and mediums isn't the problem. Poor hackneyed writing which portrays blatant virtue signalling, narrow minded political stances, and poorly written dialogue is the problem. When diversity is done competently, it is a very small minority that complains. But when it's done in a regressive fashion, such as what we see from Marvel today (not everything but lots of it), we see a very angry crowd. For what it's worth, DC in comics does diversity a lot better than Marvel in my opinion, though I suppose that's a debate for another time.
>>
File: America 5 reviews.png (185KB, 1159x416px) Image search: [Google]
America 5 reviews.png
185KB, 1159x416px
>Trusting comic book reviewers and media sites
>ever
>>
>>94225832
were they really?
>>
>>94220911
>if i didnt give a shit about korra when it was a poorly animated

Knock on other aspects of Korra all you want, but you look like a dumbass calling it poorly animated. It looked significantly better than TLA and most other Western cartoons out
>>
>>94229230
>Some people may want to see themselves reflected in various media.

Then they need to make it themselves. I don't want black Germans in WWI. I don't want every single woman to be a lesbian/bisexual. I'm sick of evil white males everywhere I look. Make your own shit and stay out of mine.
>>
>>94221603
My uncle and his boyfriend.
My uncle is one of those more conservative gays who hates pride parades and excessive faggotry and whatnot.
>>
>>94222877
It baffles me that a fucking porn board on 4chan has purityfags.
>>
>>94232395
Purityfags in their case means "not sullied by man", so Korra is actually not universally liked there due to the fact that 1) it's not anime and 2) they both used to date a guy.
>>
>>94232078
you clearly didnt watch the whole show
>>
>>94224442
>some gangsters and idiots going to the portals
Oh wait, when did the spirits took possession of the portal? who gave them that right?

That's right, they just decided it themselves to punish anyone that gets close to the portal.
>>
>>94232577
Actually those gansters were fucking around there and antagonizing the spirits. That faggot that got his ass mutated was warned repeatedly.
>>
File: IMG_1208.jpg (44KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1208.jpg
44KB, 399x385px
>>94220866
Why are liberals obsessed with gay stuff? Like why? 1 person in every 130 is gay

The ancient Greeks would have called modern homos weirdos for basing their entire identity on who they like fucking
>>
>>94230944
out of the 40ish pages that got leaked about 1/4 was about Korrasami in some way. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the comics since we have now seen that more pages about Korrasami and gays, but they weren't leaked.
>>
>>94232395
/u/ is not a porn board, newfag.
>>
>>94233331
>red board
>no porn
What's the point
>>
>>94233017
I actually heard a clever joke in the new season of Doctor who about greeks, which is amazing because this season sucked. The new gay companion was hit on by a spartan and when she said she was only into women he made reference to his gay friend in the room, when she asked if he was the same he claimed to be "normal, into both men and women".
>>
>>94233443
Discussion.
>>
>>94233443
Handholding
>>
So, who is going to post the full comic? I know some of you have it, /co/.
>>
What is it going to take for Korra to go away?
>>
>>94220911
You clearly care enough to post here.
>>
>>94221603
That depends on what you define as "making their life about their sexuality" and what you define as them "being people".

For some reason, people are much more likely to consider something a personality trait when it's being done in a straight context, rather than being tangenially related to gayness somehow.
>>
>>94234456
For /co/ to stop being butthurt about it.
>>
>>94234490
to write a reply that took me less than twenty seconds?
yes, whats your point?
>>
File: working-class.png (768KB, 1181x897px) Image search: [Google]
working-class.png
768KB, 1181x897px
>>94233017
>Why are liberals obsessed with gay stuff?
Because both liberals and conservative are financed by big corporations so they can't change the status quo, therefore they argue over stupid shit like bathrooms and representation on media. Wall Street is free to screw the economy over and over again because The White House aka the working class will literally pay the bill, the old rich men are richer than ever and meanwhile the people are busy debating in favor or against bathrooms and representation.
>>
File: checked.jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>94222111
Holy crap
>>
Korra really is just a selfish bitch which makes all the fawning over her absolutely obnoxious. She was the one who initiated her shit relationship with Mako when he was dating Asami and she's never properly punished for this (the fact Asami even forgives her but holds it over Mako is retarded). Bolin orbits her constantly after being rejected but she keeps him around as a convenient ally. Naga never has any real important moments with Korra as emotional support like Appa did for Aang. Korra cloisters herself away from the world when she fucks up at the end of S3 and even laments fucking up during the ceremony where Jinora gains her tattoos. In S4 we find out she contacts nobody outside of her home except for Asami, who we find out at the end of the season she's in a relationship with.

The whole series doesn't revolve around the same ideas as TLA, because the moment of ego on Aang's part where he ran away from home not only punished him but also resulted in the genocide of his own people. It can be argued that his other moment of ego, where he uses energybending to remove Ozai's firebending, also fucked things over geopolitically by making Zuko's ascension more difficult and making his own world as Avatar feel more impotent.

All of Korra's choices are made by ego. The worst is definitely opening the spirit portals while knowing full well what spirits did to humans in Wan's time, which is something the show conveniently breezes over and ignores, like the spirits displacing and threatening humans who lived in Republic City before they came around, these same spirits who refused to help defeat Kuvira just as the did nothing to stop the shit from S2 from happening.

But none of this is mentioned because her being bi is all that matters, and even then it doesn't because she's being championed as a lesbian. She legitimately is an awful person but we have to ignore that because she's now a symbol for inclusivity. It's retarded.
>>
File: Worst Avatar ever.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Avatar ever.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>94230690
Korra screwed humanity by opening the portal. Going for dead of the author, I'd say she did it for ensuring the Avatar will always be needed. By condemning mankind, her job became relevant. So in a way she's similar to Griffith considering he condemned mankind too because muh kingdom
>>
>>94225764
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>94225764
>I think representation is important
Why? It's not our duty to make less than 2% of the population feel better about themselves, if they bitch about it they can go make comics and cartoons themselves.
>>
>>94235203
>gay people
>less than 2%
Well now you're just being ridiculous.
>>
>>94235010
So here's what annoys me about /co/ shitting on Korra; all of the things you said were true except the fact that Korra got a free pass because she was a lesbian.
Korra sucked ass, that's why Nick dropped it from the channel and started streaming it on their site, it sold pretty mediocre amounts and was an underwhelming success.

Yet /co/ pretends like Korra received praise after praise as a whole instead of just of the last 5 minutes of the series, Korra did not win any awards, neither did Bryke. Did it got some articles at some literally who sites that it wouldn't have gotten any other way? Yes. Did the lesbian reveal gave birth to a shitty fanbase of tumblr retards praising the show? Yes. But at the end of the day Korra will be remembered as a failure by pretty much everyone with an opinion. Yet /co/ just hangs on to this reality where literally NOBODY knows Korra was shit and that all of it's flaws didn't matter. But they did.
>>
>>94235323
Go around the internet. It did not win awards to the general opinion is it was almost as good as the original.
>>
>>94235362
The reception was good, so? Korra did poorly and for the masses when you say Avatar they remember ATLA. Let us ask again if people remember Korra in a couple of years, spoiler alert: they won't.
>>
>>94235224
Alright, sorry, was using outdated information.

It's not our duty to make less than 4% of the population feel better about themselves
>>
>>94235362
Not that anon but at S4 few people gave a shit about LoK and at le current year, literally nobody gives a shit except for /co/ and tumblr, either for praising it or shitting it.
>>
>>94232894
>those gansters were fucking around there and antagonizing the spirits
they were Walking around there. Also, the spirits are the ones fucking around there when THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE THERE.
>>
File: LoK_point.jpg (250KB, 660x370px) Image search: [Google]
LoK_point.jpg
250KB, 660x370px
I stopped watching the show amidst season 2 and i've these questions:

Would picking it up and watching it until the end be worth it?

I hated Mako and Korra together and got spoiled on Korrasami, was it really that bad compared to that?
>>
>>94223287
Even the people that claim to like TLOK talk of nothing but the Korrasami ending. It's literally the only thing anybody bothers to remember about the show.
>>
>>94236589
If you have nothing to watch go for it, S2 fucking sucks so read a summary on the Wiki and start season 3, which is way more fun. As for the Korrasami thing, it was shitted on because it was somewhat of an asspull so don't worry about it. What you were spoiled on it's pretty much all there is.
>>
>>94236589
Korrasami isn't bad. It is almost nothing, which is the problem.

While it has its many many many flaws Korra is still a perfectly watchable show, aside from season 2.
>>
>>94221218
>Cause it seems to me that anything LGBT related is praised simply for being LGBT, which ironically is more demeaning to the entire demographic because it reduces them all to simply their sexual preference rather than who they are as people.
You are correct, welcome to hypocrisy. It's hard to blame them though, they're just thirsty for positive representation in the spotlight. People want cool heroes to identify with. So the fact it's mediocre at best gets glossed over as a 'necessary evil'.

It's part of why Big Bang Theory was seen as a 'nerd show' at first, because despite how awful it was, it SEEMED to celebrate the culture. As time went on it became more and more obvious the characters were nothing more than nerd charicatures through a GQ lense and the audience was laughing AT them, not WITH them. But by then it had a huge normie following and it was too late
>>
>>94221603
Yes, they're called "normal gay people"

You don't usually see or hear much about them, because they're fucking normal, and so don't call attention to themselves. Like any other normal person whose straight or bi or whatever.
>>
>>94224132
>spirits
>vote
Why would they do that? They are horrific extradimensional monsters straight out of a Lovecraft tale. They even have the Avatar shilling for them. They don't need to be democratic at all.
>>
>>94224294
As much as I fucking love Dofus, no body complained because only a select few actually watched the cartoon outside European countries
>>
>>>/u/2390194

/u/ is talking shit about us
>>
>>94236937
In also helps that Simone is cute as fuck.
>>
>>94221603

Considering that they only represent less than 4% of the population at any given time, I can't say that I have.
>>
File: Deadpoolwins.png (806KB, 487x920px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpoolwins.png
806KB, 487x920px
>>94220866
>>
>>94239258
Are all Bolinfags like this? Using cringey memes?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>94220866
>>94220911
>>94221028
>>
File: 1490568384415.jpg (420KB, 1393x793px) Image search: [Google]
1490568384415.jpg
420KB, 1393x793px
>>94239324
>deadpool a cringey meme
>>
>>94239373
Deadpool is reddit incarnate
>>
>>94239394
>implying reddit and 4chan are any different from each other
>>
File: Screenshot_20170729-020119.jpg (296KB, 1057x742px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170729-020119.jpg
296KB, 1057x742px
>>94239202
>>
File: Screenshot_20170729-020404.jpg (436KB, 1062x978px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170729-020404.jpg
436KB, 1062x978px
>>94239498
>>
File: Screenshot_20170729-020430.jpg (602KB, 1065x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170729-020430.jpg
602KB, 1065x1171px
>>94239515
>>
>>94234682
You can't claim you give a shit and then go on to prove otherwise.
If you truly didn't give a shit you'd have just ignored the thread.
Even taking those 20 seconds to reply, you have shown that this means something to you.
>>
File: 1500272253981.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500272253981.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>94239498
>>94239515
>>94239534
you sad or something
>>
>>94236858
another retard that thinks all of them are bad
>>
File: jsdhvujsdfhvkhnujsdfhvg.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
jsdhvujsdfhvkhnujsdfhvg.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>94235412
>Korra did poorly and for the masses
>>
>>94239677
I honestly am. I didn't expect there to be this much ill will between these two boards.
>>
>>94222577
pink guy would make a far better avatar than korra did
>>
>>94220866
>The worldbuilding, plot and characters of a franchise suddenly become better because homosexuality is mentioned

I hate this earth
>>
>>94220866
Only way they can stay relevant.
>h-hey guys remember Legend of Korra? O-oh... It has q-queer themes now!
>>
>>94230781
wakfu spin-off/prequel.
It's for a younger audience, but still pretty good.
>>
>>94239837
>>94239677
>>94239534
>>94239515
>>94239498
As a both /co/ and /u/ regular this makes me laugh. I go to/u/ and see people talking about /co/, I go to /co/ I see people talking about /u/. My point being...JUST FUCK ALREADY
>>
>>94239202
If they can keep their shit in their board, I don't care whatever they said about us.
>>
File: zoros opinion.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
zoros opinion.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
It's funny how all you need to do to trigger /co/ into day-long fits of rage is use the word "queer" in a sentence.
>>
>>94241854
To be fair, using the word in a sentence is a guarantee what comes after is going to be self-important drivel. It's like using the phrases "I, for one" or "breath of fresh air" in a sentence.
>>
>>94239324
Yes
>>
>>94221603
>is non-chalantly bi
>2nd greatest wrestler in the world next to Okada
>would rather talk more of his career than his sexuality

Goodbye and Goodnight
>>
>>94220866
Has it been storytimed yet? I wanna be around when it happens. I think it'd be fun to read it with /co/.
>>
>>94221603
I have a friend who I didn't even know was bi until he brought it up in casual conversation once. Really loves off-color jokes, so I'd have never guessed.
>>
>>94241854
When will TOEI fucking drop One Piece already? Fuck, just give OP to a fucking competent studio.
>>
>>94243967
I think it will be about as long as the AtlA comics until we get this storytimed. For some weird reason no one wants to scan those.
>>
>>94232078
The best animation was all rotoscope and the framing and editing of those fights turned them into cheap action porn.

Fights in TLA where tight even if the where never as overanimated as in Korra
>>
>>94221603
I did once. It scared the shit out of me, I didn't realise they were bent until way later on.
>>
>>94222974
>they actually hate tumblr just as much as /co/
Wrong. I remember the /u/tard from hibike
>>
>>94244502
They get digital releases/rips, there's no reason to scan them.
>>
File: 1343216452833.gif (961KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1343216452833.gif
961KB, 240x180px
>Failing, irrelevant franchise tries appealing to current social trends to get attention because it can't rely on actually being good

Gee never seen that happen before
>>
>>94239202
>From what I've seen, the LoK comic is huge step up from the AtLA comics.

>When they've admitted the plot will be secondary to the relationship drama
/u/ once again showing shit taste
>>
>>94244860
Hibicucks are the laugingstock of /u/
>>
>>94244910
The only digital release I saw for Korra was Kindle.
>>
>>94245188
It should be up on Dark Horse's digital store soon enough.
>>
>>94236725
>>94236744
Ok, i think i'll finish watching it then.

Thanks.
>>
File: 1381264582535.png (96KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1381264582535.png
96KB, 320x287px
>>94221603
>friend from work wants to hang out with my friends and I one day
>let him
>literally no indication he's gay, hides it well at work
>becomes flamboyantly gay the minute we pick him up at his house
>constantly flirting with my friends
>embarrasses us out in public by acting like a bigger faggot than Richard Simmons
>never speak to him again at work after this outing
>>
>>94221477
They're counting the SJW money.
>>
>>94245700
Because we didn't joke about Kyoshi being a carpet muncher in the past, right?
And Kye was a fucking hippie, of course she's be into shit like that.
>>
>>94221603
Actual LGBT people are pretty chill, it's the fucking landwhales who cause all the rampage cause it's the "cool" thing to do.
>>
>>94245700
>the people who don't buy the shit long term is who there trying to get as there audience
>>
Every time I see Korra being talked about, I think about how much fun I had with TLA, moving onto Korra and seeing the sudden drop in quality.

It's so sad that they're actually continuing with this pandering instead of actually doing something good. Korra was such a disappointment.
>>
>>94245726
On one hand yeah I don't think Kyoshi and Kya banging girls is really worthy of getting angry over, because Kyoshi is dead by a few centuries and Kya is largely irrelevant and neither of them were explicitly said to be straight before the comic.

On the other hand Bryke are blatantly taking ideas from the fandom for this and I think that's blurring a line that needs to be defined and that one day it'll bite them in the ass really hard, because it ALWAYS happens when showrunners cave and do a popular ship for no reason other than it's popular.
>>
>>94235412
>Let us ask again if people remember Korra in a couple of years, spoiler alert: they won't.

It's been almost 5 years since it came out and people are still talking about it. I don't know why and extra two years will be any different.
>>
>>94221603
One gay, one trans (FtM). The former was pretty chill about everything, he used to bitch about "fuckers thinking they represent me when I can represent myself just fine" on occasion. Latter was always very quiet, I didn't actually know for certain he was trans until about a year afterwards when he actually told me.

Apparently the amount of shit he caught from the LGBT community for "going the wrong way" was enough to drive him right back into depression more than once before and after, and I'll happily admit that it's coloured my opinions against so-called "equal rights" people in the field ever since.
>>
>>94221603
I go to stripclubs with a lesbian friend semi-regularly and I'm a straight white male, does that count?
>>
According to a review from a reasonable Korrasami fan Tonraq might not be super into Korra and Asami's relationship and they agree that Sozin outlawing homosexuality doesn't really make any sense.
>>
>>94247288
Oh, and Asami might be more hesitant about being 'out' to people outside of their inner circle of friends, it's hard to tell because they were being kind of vague.
>>
File: 100bait.png (77KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
100bait.png
77KB, 625x626px
>>94221841
>>
File: 1396614726091.jpg (28KB, 477x324px) Image search: [Google]
1396614726091.jpg
28KB, 477x324px
>>94220911
>>
if the gay characters are good characters, then they are a welcome addition.

Being gay doesn't make a character bad
>>
>>94247288
That's bullshit, but I believe it.
>>
>>94247428
Doesn't make bad characters good either.
>>
>>94247554
I didn't say otherwise, but i mean i don't get why people get triggered so much having gay characters in a show.

There are plenty of gay people in real life, having a gay person in show makes alot of sense
>>
>>94247509
They said it felt too easy and the realistically there should be a reason for it.
>>
>>94246990
>Apparently the amount of shit he caught from the LGBT community for "going the wrong way" was enough to drive him right back into depression more than once before and after
That's because the LGBT "community" is a toxic wasteland, and FtM are demonised over MtF because they're doing things like "polluting themselves with testosterone".
>>
>>94247720
>and FtM are demonised over MtF because they're doing things like "polluting themselves with testosterone".

Literally never saw anyone in the lgbt community saying something like that. not even once
>>
>>94247720
>>94247746
There are definitely people like that in the community, but I'd say a lot of it comes from man-hating lesbians who are just a vocal minority.

I consider myself bi (at the very least I acknowledge I'm attracted to the same sex) but I don't think I'll ever be "out". I kind of like that Kya seems to be like that, it's nice to see a LGBT character who is okay with keeping that side of them private and not in a way where they're in the closet.
>>
File: K1430327258030.png (400KB, 402x463px) Image search: [Google]
K1430327258030.png
400KB, 402x463px
>>94239692
No one said all of them are bad, just that the bad ones can do a LOT of harm and that's not a risk humanity should take, which you KNOW it's true. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>94221603
I have a lesbian friend and we talk about sexuality pretty often. Just about the girls we like and such, and give each other advice.
>>
>>94220866

Are there any scans of this anywhere? I can't find any
>>
>>94247746
There's a whole community that things FtM shouldn't exist because they're erasing women, that being FtM is misogynist. Not my fault you're blind.
>>
>>94221603
Gay boy here. Gays are degenerates. The only decent gays I have met are the ones that do not have a Tumblr, have never been to pride parade, and do not have degrees in liberal arts.

Sadly, most young gays fall victim to all three of those tropes. Old gays are usually alright, but if you are under age 21 and are gay it seems like you just have to tell people all about gay shit, which in reality, only hurts our cause.

The only thing worse than women are gays, and the only thing worse than gays are the "trans" guys who want to become women.

I apologize if you folk have to deal with some of our groups, because, yes, most of the groups of LGBT are, on average, quite annoying, especially the younger ones who think being gay is a character trait that makes them special because they know they are actually just boring drones who have nothing better to say to describe themselves.
>>
>>94248230
Some isolated pages are popping up on tumblr but it's not surprising that nobody's posted it on /co/ yet.
>>
>>94248313
I'm not blind, i just think what you are talking about must be really uncommon because i've been in LGBT community forums before and i NEVER saw anything like that
>>
>>94231950
Since when did comic books become video games?

Also, you know someone could say that the user score was due to trolls.
>>
>digital edition not out until august
Well I was gonna take one for the team so we could get this over with but fuck that.
>>
>>94231950
What's so bad about this one?
>>
File: 1316913699181.jpg (18KB, 308x364px) Image search: [Google]
1316913699181.jpg
18KB, 308x364px
Good thing Aang wasn't a lesbian.
>>
>>94249182
Um, he married and fucked a girl. That sounds pretty lesbian to me.
>>
File: 1463986326316.jpg (90KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1463986326316.jpg
90KB, 500x265px
>>94249204
>>
>>94248662
Nah. There are other conservatives gays but we get shunned by every one.

>Liberals hate us because we don't agree with reckless behavior
>Conservative hate us because we don't want to fuck girls

Feels bad t.b.h.
>>
>>94249204
>Aang was so heterosexual his reincarnation became a lesbian
Aang was as straight as an arrow
>>
>>94248002
sorse
>>
>>94249252
>confusing liberals with leftists

Why do Conservatives keep doing this?
>>
>>94221816
It might have been better than the shitshow that was Korra's other seasons but it still wasn't as good as Last Airbender
>>
File: 1493839261657.png (181KB, 512x548px) Image search: [Google]
1493839261657.png
181KB, 512x548px
>>94221603
Still waiting for my ex to come out.
>>
>>94247288
It's actually that in the Water Tribe you only tell your family about being gay and don't go around rubbing it under everyone's nose. It probably has something to do with that.
>>
>>94246445
It's a bit unfair to say they steal from the fandom when the creators might have had the same idea if the fans came to that conclusion too.
>>
>>94249051
America is literally one of the worst ongoing series out there right now.
>>
>>94250189
The distinction isn't useful anymore.
>>
>>94250544
But how come? I've kinda been out of the cape comics loop for the past two years.
>>
>>94247288
If I was Tonraq I'd be hesitant too, but also pleased because she worked herself up from dating a streetrat to dating someone rich.
>>
>>94250581
It's literally "I'm a proud lesbian Latinx chick that don't need no man!" the series.
>>
>>94250617
And as much as I dislike Korra it's thankfully still better than fucking America
>>
>>94239536
Maybe I just don't value my time at all, have you thought about that?
>>
>>94250639
Well no shit. Korra is frustrating because it could be good but a bunch of bullshit holds it back.
>>
>>94239536
>>94234490
I always take amusement at this fallacy. it perfectly conveys the exasperation product of the thought train of an idiot trying to be meta but utterly failing at bringing up a viable counter argument, so he just spouts off this poorly masked 'shut up!!! get out of the room!!!' cry out loud.
>>
>still no scans
/u/ has let us down again
>>
File: bart.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bart.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>94239534
>/co/fags will just claim whatever you say doesn't count because they're used to getting away with that in their hugbox
Oh, that's gotta hurt.
>>
>>94220866
How has this not been posted on any of the pirate comic sites yet? They post literally every release from the major publishers
>>
>>94250825
It's not entirely wrong.
>>
>>94251096
Because the digital version is only coming out in August and the current release is comic stores only.
>>
>>94251198
I thought it was the other way around. The physical release isn't until August 8
>>
>>94251240
Wouldn't it be out on Dark Horse's digital store then?
Apparently some people on /u/ have it. At least that's what I'm assuming due to stuff like Kya saying that it's tradition to only tell your family about being gay in the WT and Mako wondering if he was the reason that Asami and Korra are a couple now due to having been such a shit boyfriend.
Or did I miss some more leaks?
>>
>>94224035
Why'd you do that to a rainbow?
Regardless of their association with homosexuality, rainbows are nice.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.