[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Old Characters that was push to be popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Whatever 4.jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Whatever 4.jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
Remember when people found hulk boring?
>>
Not really, though I was born in the late 80s so my elders all grew up with and talked about the Hulk tv show and I grew up with the Hulk being present in cartoons and video games

Hulk for me was always one of the most recognizable super heroes, basically superman, batman, wonder woman, spider-man, x-men, and hulk
>>
>>94219279
Well, his first appearance, he didn't sell well and became a villain to the F4.
>>
>>94219303
Oh, well if you're talking about when Hulk was first created, no I don't remember that at all since not born
>>
>>94219184
HAWKMAN is the ultimate example of this.
DC will not let Hawkman die, even if no one has cared about him for 50+ years.
>>
>>94219468

They should have remade him into birdman.
>>
Hulk has been my favorite hero since childhood.
>>
>>94219184
My son is 2 and his favourite superhero is the Hulk. I really hope they give him his own movie again, soon.

Also, Ang Lee's Hulk is kino.
>>
>>94219184
He is pretty boring.
>>
>>94221838
Read the Bill Mantlo and PAD runs then
>>
Marvel refuses to stop making Ghost Rider comics, but as far as I know they've always sold poorly.
>>
File: hulk.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>94219184
The only issue with Hulk is that writers always reset his character, where he'll get over his anger issues or solve being the Hulk only to once again go back to the same old shit
>>
Hulk has always been popular and a huge icon of pop culture.
>>
>>94221774
>soon
They won't. They even came out and said they don't plan on it any time soon. Universal owns the rights to the hulk and they don't want to work with marvel and let him have his own movie
>>
>>94219184
>Remember when people found hulk boring?
so always
>>
>>94219184
I have say, than previous those movies, nobody fucking cared about IronMan and Thor
>>
>>94219491
The sad thing is, that Hawkman has some of the better Golden Age stories and art.
He's like an Indiana Jones that can fly.
>>
>>94221774
A Gamma World Hulk movie wpuld be awesome. You can introduce She Hulk and use some B list Avengers for it. Wrecking crew debut as well.
>>
Hawkman himself is a shitty character placed in the middle of some good stories. Once you get past the complicated origins, what else does the character have going for them? The angry conservative to green arrow's liberalism was an interesting angle that went nowhere and other than that, he's bland and vanilla
>>
>>94219184
Like they do today?
>>
>>94219184
I still find him boring.
>>
>>94223965
>>94223924
>>94222870
>>
>>94224069
No.
>>
>>94224088
Then keep being a pleb.
>>
>>94219468
So why does /co/ keep recommending Hawkworld and Hawkman v4.

>>94223805
Shirtless fanservice, Indiana Jones adventures, and historical / period pieces. Hawkman and Hawkgirl were Aquaman and Mera tier marriage wise pre crisis.
>>
>>94223805
You haven't read Hawkworld, have you?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.