[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insightful Marvel stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1497483251244.png (531KB, 612x961px) Image search: [Google]
1497483251244.png
531KB, 612x961px
Does marvel have a house of mysteries equivalent? Gaiman Sandman? Moore's swamp thing?

Or most marvel fags here never read anything after the 2000s?
>>
Yes, but due to your attitude I'm not telling you what they are
>>
>>94218148
Daredevil: Born Again maybe? They do seem to have a lack of evergreen 1980s/1990s TPBs
>>
>>94218204
So basically none?

>>94218233
Isn't that more grit than anything ? DC has gritty stories too. I know marvel can do them but I wanted something in the veins of house of mystery secrets, Sandman etc.
>>
>>94218266
No, there's plenty
>>
The Death of Captain Marvel.
>>
>>94218148
How does that Ultron/Hank mouth work?
>>
>>94218148
As a general rule good Marvel comes in runs but are spread out, while good DC comes in short graphic novels or short runs but are more frequent.

the Miller/Claremont Wolverine is good. Kraven's Last Hunt. Several X-Men arcs. Miller's Daredevil and Born Again. Lots of Marvel's Epic line and the numbered Graphic Novels from the 80s, early 90s.

Tomb of Dracula from the 70s as well as the b/w magazine runs of Conan, Hulk, and others. Howard the Duck and Man-Thing as well.

It's there but since most of it is so mixed in amongst normal runs it takes a bit of filtering to find it.
>>
>>94218455
Dude I completely forgot about Tomb. I loved that shit and I suppose you are right about it being mixed in runs.

I swear someone needs to filter that shit out one day. Anyways did marvel do anything similar to Tomb? It does fit in the gothic themes of swamp thing and sandman I've read.
>>
>>94218455
no, Marvel has never made any good comics
>>
>>94218657
this.

TV shows, soon movies and right now comics. Marvel is finished.
>>
>>94218626
Going back to the b/w magazines, yeah. Tales of the Zombie, Vampire Tales, and the several Monsters series. Epic Illustrated as well.
>>
>>94218657
>>94218669
The absolute state of b8ers.
>>
>>94218455
Having read a lot of the stuff, and while it is good, there is no immediate profoundness about those things. They're good but lack literary depth and the exploration of sense of being in the quasi spiritual and profound way that Swamp Thing or Sandman do.
>>
>>94218998
This. So far marvel has nothing. I guess miracleman comes close? but that isn't even marvelt to begin with.
>>
>>94218148
Starstruck, Marshal Law, Moonshadow are all around the same quality of comics you posted if not better.
>>
>>94218998
The problem is comparing Sandman and Swamp Thing, which were rolled into Vertigo with ain line Marvel stuff.
Epic had plenty of literary stuff going on.
>>
1980s Captain Britain
>>
>>94219140
give me an example of epic anon? A shame Marvel hasn't kept it up. I'm just hearing about it.
>>
>>94219143
Crooked World?
>>
>>94218148
Marvel mostly does action-y stuff.
>>
>>94218455
>good Marvel comes in runs but are spread out, while good DC comes in short graphic novels or short runs
this meme needs to stop
>>
>>94219140
>The problem is comparing Sandman and Swamp Thing, which were rolled into Vertigo with ain line Marvel stuff.
I'm actually not sure what you're trying to say but
1. They both started before Vertigo, Moore's Swamp Thing actually ended years before Vertigo was created
2. It's a silly excuse, Vertigo is still DC so I don't get this "Vertigo doesn't count" mentality.
Marvel had Epic and they let it die fast, even then most of ti was just genre fiction tier.

>>94219230
Moonshadow, Blood: A Tale and Stray Toasters. Rest of the Epic line is mostly meh and reprints and licensed stuff.
>>
>>94219140
>Epic had plenty of literary stuff going on.
Like?
>>
>>94219294
So marvel doesn't really have anything good? You know what good thing OP might like is Spiderman vs Wolverine. It was the first time Spidey accidentally killed someone with his powers. A lot of deep provoking insightful shit throughout the graphic novel.

And it was written by Christopher Priest before he changed his name. That man is a talented writer.
>>
>>94219498
marvel is a shit
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.