[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still watch Family Guy /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9rDRDHmCAc
>>
>>94216553
>Do you still watch Family Guy /co/

* Do you still watch Family Guy /co/?
>>
>>94216553
No, but aside from being over something that's already starting to become politically dated, that was a pretty intense and well-thought out fight scene.
>>
I'm watching a stream of it right now. I unironically love Family Guy.
>>
I swear to fuck, people who complain about "SJW's" are as, if not more, annoying than the people they claim to hate.
>>
>>94216600
This
In a show with better animation that would be an absolutely top-tier fight scene
>>
>>94216553
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7UHoijkDm4
>>
>chris is jackie chan now

this is neat
>>
>>94216600
Family Guy fight scenes are always pretty good
>>
>>94216553
scenes like this remind you people on family guy actually did go to school to learn to animate.
>>
>>94216643
>Make a completely off-topic, unnecessary, and unwarranted post about why X is worse than Y when you are doing the exact thing you accuse X of doing
This is not the politics board, fuck off.

And as for OP, the animation in that scene wasn't even bad.
>>
>>94216553

This got me nostalgic for old new ground shorts
>>
>>94216729
Is there an animator on Family Guy who enjoys doing them or something? It'd explain the chicken scenes and why there's so many episodes that just end in brawls for no reason.
>>
>>94216553
>we're in a post joke world
Oh the irony.
>>
>>94216729
Makes me wonder why whoever keeps coming up with them doesn't just go off and make an action movie it'd probably blow the fuck out of most action movies today.
>>
does anyone else find it weird that it hardly shows chris hitting girls
>>
>>94217261

that's why meg is there
>>
>>94217261
Not really. People don't really enjoy seeing male on female violence even in their smutty entertainment.
>>
>>94217301
they don't?

one more for the powerlevel vault
>>
>>94217309
There's more abuse victims out there than people realize, I"m sure they've done studies and found that shit actually triggers some people and puts off others. Not to mention seeing two women fight each other is kinda hot. It's a win-win to have men fight men and women fight women.
>>
>>94217261
i just counted, chris only hits two girls and they show those two hits for under a second combined and they're very easy to miss
>>
>>94217087
Fuck, it even sounds like Madness doesn't it. If you close your eyes you can practically see it.
>>
>>94216553
>ripping off kingsman
for fucks sake seth
>>
>>94216600
I'd be more impressed if they weren't blatantly ripping off Kingsman.
>>
>>94217325
it's a win win if men fought men and women this dick
>>
>>94217356
It's not that i want to defend Family Guy but you are even more retarded than them if you don't know what a parody is.
>>
File: 10.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>94217390
>>
>>94217356
>>94217387
It's called parody/reference buddy.
>>
>>94217286
>>94217301
>>94217309
>>94217325
i just think it's funny that they're making fun of overly offended people while, assumingly, trying not to offend people and it's not like they didn't show women getting hit or even killed by men in the show before
>>
>>94217391
Does that mean >>94217387 doesn't know what a parody is?
>>
>>94216783
It's like you didn't watch the clip, but you commented on the animation, so I guess you're just retarded.
>>
>>94216643
Fuck off /co/mblr
>>
>>94217421
retarded? is that what you think doug dimmadome, owner of the dimmsdale dimmadome?
>>
>>94216643
>putting sjw's in quotation marks as if they don't fucking exist or something
>swearing to fuck
>defending sjw's in any capacity
i'm guessing this is bait, because i really like to believe that no one can be this brainless, but this is /co/ we're talking about.
>>
>>94217403
>>94217417
I know your mind is melted from watching Family Guy but to be a parody there has to actually be some element of parody to the scene. This is just the usual Family Guy "HEY DO YOU REMEMBER THIS THING WE'RE DOING IT TOO LAUGH BECAUSE WE'RE DOING THAT THING YOU REMEMBER"
>>
>>94216553
I don't even remember this...
>>
>>94216553
No.
I never did watch it and I never will.
Its just dumb bullshit.
>>
>>94216553
I get a few chuckles on occasion, but I dislike its over reliance on cutaways, and most of the characters have fluctuating personalities depending on episode, making it hard for me to really care.
>>
>>94217464
I'm sure that is a tribute/reference. The Simpsons used to do that all the time.
>>
>>94217464
that scene is fantastic even if it's a parody or not
>>
>family guy has better fight scenes then most western cartoons
Haha
>>
>>94217464
>I know your mind is melted from watching Family Guy but to be a parody there has to actually be some element of parody to the scene.
And it does. In Kingsman this happens for mindcontrol and blah blah. Here it just the character over exageratting because of bullyng. That does count as parody.
>>
File: euya2sy.jpg (30KB, 477x477px) Image search: [Google]
euya2sy.jpg
30KB, 477x477px
>>94217428
Damn, you got me, I'm really ashamed I browse tumblr, and go on the most tumblr board on 4chan.
>>94217461
The only brainless one is yo momma after she gave me some head nigga. Dick was too much.
>>
>>94216553
>plays freebird
get this shit outta my face
>>
>>94216553
Nah.
The musicals are pretty good, so are the fighting scenes. But honestly, for a show which is supposed to be funny it really sucks at being funny. Even TTG manages to pull off funnier scenes than this show.
>>
>>94217464
>its not a Parody because its Family Guy
>>
>>94217464
You're not helping your case here.
>>
>>94217087
I got a really strong vibe of one of those old stick fighting animations
>>
>>94216566
>Do you still watch Family Guy /co/?

*Do you still watch Family Guy, /co/?
>>
even though this was cool and all, it's kinda obnoxious how every episode of FG has to have some really bloody scene
>>
>>94216600
Whoever made the chicken scenes should get a raise, or hired by a better show. Even early on I was impressed with just how far they committed themselves to animating it well and keeping it interesting with how their fight keeps moving thanks to how things interact so smoothly.
>>
>>94216553
>Do you still watch Family GEICO®?
Only when I'm on youtube and I forget to turn off auto play and "Peter becomes an Uber Driver" or "Lois Sells Coke" or something like that starts playing
>>
That would have been much more impressive if the sound effects were more meatier or varied. Every hit while animated well felt weak due to the same lacklustre sounds again and again.
>>
>>94216553
No. And my life is better for it (sans posting on 4chan. And I would still be doing it even if I watched FG).
>>
>>94216553
I stopped. They try to get an emotional response out of the audience and it always falls flat. Peter really does love Meg... ugh.
>>
I do, but I don't even enjoy it. That's the sad part, I don't find family guy funny anymore, but because I have nothing else to watch that's mindless filler since I lost my cable, this is all I got. It's just boring and the focus of everything isn't entertaining anymore. It's just a show trying to be super on edge, and turning heads now instead of being comedy. It's kinda morbid how far they will push things to get a shocked laugh/response from people.
>>
File: 1462167434278.png (151KB, 474x311px) Image search: [Google]
1462167434278.png
151KB, 474x311px
>>94218446
Something changed in the show and I'm not sure of the exact moment they left "Peter and his family travel to a twinkie factory after the apocalypse" and moved on to "Brian and Stewie get trapped in a vault and Brian reveals he's planning to shoot himself"
>>
>>94217403
The thing is, why waste so much resources on,a shot for shot remake of a scene from a movie? There's no joke in it, the show doesn't benefit from the reference in any way. It's fucking lazy is what it is.
>>
>>94218488
It was when they started doing the whole stewie/brian dynamic and then started changing the character archetypes to be more "unique".

Peter: No longer the loveable father oaf who does dumb shit because he's fucking dumb. Just a dick who likes to hang out with his friends and do brostuff while shitting on everyone else.
Lois: No longer the voice of moralistic reason whenever there is an immoral conflict going on. Became dumb housewife whose literally nothing but a dumb useless hosuewife that is background fodder.
Stewie: Infant whose evil and wants to take over the world and was a genius. Now, just a huge faggot who is the end of EVERY homosexual joke they can think of when Bruce can't magically show up with his never-seen but always heard boyfriend.
Brian: Man's best friend who was a bit more sophisticated than peter but always wanted to have a good time with peter. Now, a mouthpiece for left wing politics that get shoved down everyone's throat and just in general a piece of shit of a person.
Chris: Dumb teenage boy whose awkward and trying to find his way and who he is. Now just the end of every teenage masturbation joke that they can find while being stupid and useless.
Meg: Typical 16 year old annoying teenage daughter whose kind of a bratty bitch because shes 16. Now, a big fat loser who everyone makes fun of and the punching bag to the world and it's paired with the jokes that shes suicidal and self mutilates because of it, while being physically gross.
>>
>>94218557
And then the side characters of peter's friends took a turn too. The only one who really didn't was Cleveland, they only added black stereotypes to his character as a joke.

Joe turned from a "Can do anything because I'm not going to let my disability get in my way." and the reason for losing his legs because of the Grinch to a sad sack cop who hates his life because he's paralyzed from the legs down, and in a failing loveless marriage because his wife resents him for being paralyzed and in general a loser.

Then quagmire just went from the dude who wants to get laid all the time, to really that, but then they made him seem incredibly sketchy almost illegal sexual acts at all time. And when he ins't talking about sex, hes just being a negative bitch now who shoots down everyone and just acts lame.

That's where they changed, where they decided to remake the core cast personalities into edgy garbage that wasn't like the source content to get more attention and more people talking about it.
>>
>>94218557
>Peter: No longer the loveable father oaf who does dumb shit because he's fucking dumb. Just a dick who likes to hang out with his friends and do brostuff while shitting on everyone else.
I think Petarded is where the magic started to die for me and should have been a warning sign for how much I'd fucking hate this character.
>>
>>94216553
Seems like every major character in this show can kick ass
>>
>>94217350
>>94218129

Is it possible that the kids that used make that sort of shit are now working on FG and other animated shows? I notice there's a lot of these scenes on FG, AD, and Reddit and Memey
>>
>>94216553
I think this fight scene is pretty damned good all things considered.
>>
>>94216553
These sound effects are fucking atrocious, how the fuck was this acceptable to anyone?
>>
>>94219041
This episode isn't even finished yet by the time this clip was shown
>>
Thanks for reminding me to go see the new Kingsmen movie

>a spy movie playing off cheesier elements of the good Bond movies is much better than current Bond movies
>>
What a joyless fucking cartoon
>>
>>94216553
No. I'm not a retarded middle schooler anymore.
>>
>>94216553
FG is better than the simpsons.
>>
>>94216553
Yes, I unironically enjoy Family Guy, new seasons more than the original 1-3
>>94219680
this is just blatantly false though
>>
>>94216553
Sometimes. But obviously if a gory fucking scene like that comes on I'm not going to watch it.
>>
>>94217325
Your post makes me think you're retarded. No, the reason they don't have women getting beaten by men is because it is offputting to me. There are no abuse victims watching family guy.
>>
>>94216643
I swear ro fuck, SJWs who complain about "TransPhobes" are as, if not more, annoying than the people they claim to hate.
>>
>>94216553
After that clip, why wouldn't I? It was kinda fun and kickass.
>>
>>94216553
Leave it to Family Guy to start off with something funny, then drag it to the point of be anything but entertaining.
>>
>>94216553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rmqSYNU76Q
>>
>>94216553
Old Family Guy > Modern Family Guy >>> Post-Cancelation Family Guy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63wJItfmu_0
>>
File: 1123623_pic.gif (37KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1123623_pic.gif
37KB, 150x150px
>>94217087
>>94218129
Now it makes sense.
>>
>>94219680
In modern times, maybe. Overall, Simpsons is far superior.
>>
File: baby.jpg (41KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
41KB, 449x600px
>>94216553
>every background character in the shot having the same face
>the golden standard of adult animation

Uncanceling family guy was a mistake
>>
>>94218595
>Joe turned from a "Can do anything because I'm not going to let my disability get in my way." and the reason for losing his legs because of the Grinch to a sad sack cop who hates his life because he's paralyzed from the legs down, and in a failing loveless marriage because his wife resents him for being paralyzed and in general a loser.
To be fair that's a heartbreakingly accurate examination of someone recently paralyzed versus paraplygec for decades.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 684x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 684x364px
Seth MacFarlane should have read some guides on cartoon making before starting.
>>
>>94218557
>when Bruce can't magically show up with his never-seen but always heard boyfriend
Jeffrey was actually shown in The Cleveland Show, at least once. I think they showed him once on Family Guy, too, after that.
>>
>>94216553
NO!
>>
>a family guy thread is edgy trash

Color me surprised.
>>
>Hey Grover, catch!
>>
>>94216553
no, it's boring
>>
I liked it better when it was a cheesy Simpsons clone
>>
>>94216553
That's one way to get honor roll
>>
>>94217464
>implying enough people in the casual audience even saw or remember Kingsman
>>
>>94216553
Every single sound engineer on this show deserves to be fired.
>>
What was the offensive joke that Brian posted online?
>>
>>94217092
They outsource them. Making them look so much better than the rest of the show is part of the joke.
>>
>>94216553
Its like watching an overpaid Xiao Xiao.
>>
>>94224105
It's pretty annoying that I keep recommending that film to people and they never bother to see it until I show them the church scene.
>>
>>94218961
this, it puts other series with conflict as the focus to shame
>>
>>94216553
>that image
They all have the same copypasted eyes and mouth. Fists, too.
>>
>>94217301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4QnQBkdgrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggNHQwE1EI

Also, remember that time Peter pushed Lois down the stairs to get her into his Y2K bomb shelter?
>>
File: 1487281180745.jpg (40KB, 431x415px) Image search: [Google]
1487281180745.jpg
40KB, 431x415px
>>94216643
I think you're single handedly more annoying than anybody on any board in all of 4chan. Congratulations.
>>
>>94216643
This.
>>
>Gorey fight scenes
Where's the joke.
>>
File: 1478770899126.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478770899126.gif
2MB, 640x360px
Gotta admit. Being on college campus I see tons of kids like those in this clip claiming they're fighting for some kind of social justice but end up completely humorless and are just plain assholes. I've had fantasies where I murder them all and this clip is pretty damn cathartic.
>>
>>94227948
Christ on a crutch I feel ya. This was cathartic as all hell. fucken SJWs get nothing done. New age feminism is the type of get nothing done bullshitters who think they can change culture, but actually getting the equal rights amendment passed is "not enough" so they dont bother.
bottom up change almost never works, especially when your goals are vague 'cultural change' bullshit. culture changes all the time, your cultural change will last less than 5 years before it cycles back again
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.