[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why does everyone hate this episode? I don't really remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Titlecard_S6E6_breezy.png (2MB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Titlecard_S6E6_breezy.png
2MB, 1152x648px
So why does everyone hate this episode? I don't really remember it very well.
>>
>>94205754
>everyone
I like it
>>
>>94205791
yeah, I also don't remember anything being wrong with it, but it seems like most people here despise it.
>>
>>94205754
Shitty way to return the status quo
>>
You ever sit around a campfire and tell a collaborative story? Each person adding their own little bit?

You ever have people stop cooperating and start pulling the story in different directions? Each person undoing whatever the person before them added because they think that's a dumb idea and they want to do something else?

That's how Adventure Time is written.
>>
>>94206182
This guy gets it.
>>
>>94205754

Because LSP raped Finn
>>
>>94206182
/thread.
The idea of Finn maturing and dealing with sex isn't an inherently bad, but all this episode proved was how all the storyboarders want to do their own thing and refuse to work together.
>>
>>94206182
>You ever have people stop cooperating and start pulling the story in different directions? Each person undoing whatever the person before them added because they think that's a dumb idea and they want to do something else?

DC and Marvel comics in a nutshell
>>
>>94205988
I just found it kinda creepy I guess, because the writer based it off his own experiences, except I assume instead of going around kissing girls, it was having sex with them. I mean that's all the episode is, Finn gets dumped and goes around kissing girls to make himself feel better.
>>
>>94205754
Breezy came out shortly after the story looked like it was going to grow and scale, Finn meet his father who happened to be some kind of intergalactic level criminal, they seemingly defeated the lich once and for all. Yet Finn loss an arm while a lot of galactic criminal along with FinnĀ“s dad escaped the prison. At that point everyone thought the series would go to a different direction maybe having Finn and Jake exploring space.
Instead we got an episode where LSP rapes Finn and a bee tries to have sex with his arm ending on a return to status quo
>>
>>94208963
>cont
So yeah, If there was going to be moment for adventure time to change the status quo was there. So when just 3 episodes later they basically pressed the reset button people got understandable angry. the mini series Island and Elementals tried to fix this putting our heroes on a new environment and I think they actually succeed on breathing new life in the series at least for a while.
But after breezy it was clear that not matter what happened in the show it wouldn't take too long for everything to return to normal in an episode or two and every new dynamic would not last to much, killing most of the interest for those who watched the show for the plot develpment.
>>
>>94209243
I think on a micro level, it's fair to complain about AT's status quo teases, but on a macro level Adventure Time probably changed the status quo as much as any show in the history of TV. The difference between the world and characters of the show in season one and season 8 is massive, it just happened really gradually.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.