[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Judge Dredd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: Dredd.jpg (602KB, 751x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg
602KB, 751x900px
How strong is he in terms of Vs.? Who can he beat? Who beats him?
>>
>>94204276
He can beat everyone but the law.
>>
>>94204276
Dredd is tough and highly skilled but he is still human. He gets injured in a regular basis and a bullet in the back will drop him just like it would you or me. His real strength is in his decades of experience on the streets and in the near limitless resources of justice department
>>
>>94204401
Isn't he a genetically enhanced human?
>>
>>94204401
He beat the fuck out of Batman in the crossover IIRC. That alone puts him pretty high tier.
>>
In his younger days his sheer commitment to The Law would be a superpower in itself. You don't fuck with a man who pulled the trigger on nuking future Russia
>>
>>94204424
He's a clone with some cybernetic replacements.
>>
>>94204433
If you go back and read Judgement on Gotham again you'll see that Bats catches Dredd with a sucker punch before about a dozen Judges pile in on him. The overwhelming might of justice department to the rescue again
>>
>>94204681
I love how little fucks he gives in that arc.

"But Dredd you're about to kill a billion people!"

"They asked for it."
>>
File: SRewS4a.png (988KB, 782x991px) Image search: [Google]
SRewS4a.png
988KB, 782x991px
>>94205307
found the page

"the bloody fist of justice is on its way to east-meg one!"
>>
>>94204424
Yup. He is over 100 years old.
>>
>>94205151
Talking about Vendetta m8.
>>
>>94204292
fpbp was gonna say this. The only thing that can stop Dredd is the law
>>
well, age. The Dredd Comics have a linear progressive continuity. Dredd Ages in realtime. He's still kicking, and AD2000 clearly is reluctant to actually "go there" and finally kill him off, but it's something that comes up often in the comics these days. That Dredd is ridiculously old, and the only reason he hasn't been forced to retire is because despite his age, he's still the best Judge the department has.

Though seriously. they are very reluctant to pull the trigger on Dredd. IMO Rico would make a fine Dredd replacement, but at the same time, what would you call the story by that point? "Rico"? I understand their hesitance. it's a big deal to kill off Dredd.
>>
>>94205442
Fair enough, he certainly gets his licks in that time. My>>94205442
point stands that Dredd is a mean son of a bitch but not superhuman
>>
>>94205555
They basically backtracked on pulling the trigger in a recent strip where Dredd got a full rejuvenation treatment.
>>
>>94205555
Just Judge wouldn't be bad. Or they could go legacy with it.

Actually, that name makes me think a spinoff comic that's a take on COPS would be fun, just following around regular Judges dealing with the regular crime of Mega City One.
>>
any Dredd recs?
>>
File: dredd and dragons.jpg (506KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dredd and dragons.jpg
506KB, 1000x1000px
>>94205593
yeah, but you can only go so far with kicking the can down the road until it sort of kills the whole gimmick of the story in the first place. (that unlike most comic heroes, there are no cosmic reboots every few years to reset everyone or magical returns from the dead every week)

eventually they will have to either finally kill dredd, or abandon all pretense of having a realtime continuity and just reboot/resurrect people every now and then like everyone else does.
>>
>>94205687
The whole thing.

>>94205691
>yeah, but you can only go so far with kicking the can down the road until it sort of kills the whole gimmick of the story in the first place. (that unlike most comic heroes, there are no cosmic reboots every few years to reset everyone or magical returns from the dead every week)
That's a feature of Judge Dredd but I would not say it was "the whole gimmick".
>>
>>94205651
it wouldnt surprise me if they've parodied cops already.

personally, my favorite Dredd stories are the smalltime ones that dont deal with amazing futuretech chaos or interdimensional monsters, but the ones that see Dredd do good old fashioned detective work over the course of a few issues. I remember there was a story once where he was paired with a handful of other like, tech Judges and they did an old fashioned detective story, looking for clues and tying things together. a nice slow burn. it was a really nice change of pace
>>
>>94205687
All of it.
>>
>>94205733
well yeah not the whole gimmick, but it's something that once it started becoming apparent, became one of it's most defining features.
>>
>>94205555
Dredd is a clone of Fargo, they'll probably replace him with a Dredd clone and call him Dredd Jr.
>>
>>94205687
Just start from Complete Case Files 1.
t. someone who did just that.
>>
>>94205757
>one of it's most defining features
Again, I disagree. This is like thinking from the American status quo mindset, where this is a feature. When was this ever a thing in British or Euro comics? Or even manga, really? It's not a defining feature, it's just the default.
>>
Anyone here have a complete Dredd collection? I'd love to see how it looks on a shelf. I'm only a couple volumes in myself.
>>
>>94205832

Which? Case files or the mega collection?
>>
>>94205870
I was thinking as complete a Dredd collection as possible, but probably Case Files if such a person doesn't exist.
>>
File: QVKhD5G.jpg (84KB, 1038x801px) Image search: [Google]
QVKhD5G.jpg
84KB, 1038x801px
>>94205964

my collection as of right now, I got a couple of the british case files because they were like $12 on instocktrades
>>
File: original.jpg (292KB, 650x896px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
292KB, 650x896px
>>94205777
that would be awfully contrived when Rico is already a Dredd clone.

if anything, they could do what they already did with kraken, (another Fargo Clone ) who for a while when Dredd took the long walk, was told by the Justice Department to replace Dredd and take his name.

I assume they could do the same with Rico.
>>
>>94205818
to be fair, not many euro comics bother with time in general. Asterix and Obelix will always take place within a specific timeframe.

i mean i dont know much about euro comics but thats what seems to be the case. that Dredd is one of the only comics that has been going on for so long, and has never rebooted or done what seems to be the norm in the industry (American one anyway) for longrunning comics
>>
>>94206116
But Anon, isn't Rico dead?
>>
>>94206309
Rico, Dredd's brother, is dead. There have since been at least one other batch of clones, including another Rico.

The cadet in that image, Dolman, is another clone - one who quit the Academy of Law and declined to become a Judge.
>>
>>94206309
that Rico is a clone of Dredd himself. he picked the name after hearing Rico's story from Dredd, because he figured "the guy deserves a second chance".

So far he's the only Dredd/Fargo clone aside from Dredd currently known on the force, and who is basically a younger Dredd. not nearly as much of a hardass as Dredd, but he's no slouch either.
>>
>>94205687
I had case file 5 recommended to me, and it was great
>>
Judge Anon where are you.
Post some pictures of Hershey and Anderson
>>
File: dredd_board_game.jpg (105KB, 468x638px) Image search: [Google]
dredd_board_game.jpg
105KB, 468x638px
>>94205687
I have a soft spot for the early stuff, mostly because I was introduced to it through the board game.

The Cursed Earth recently got rereleased, uncut, with the fast food stuff intact. The Day The Law Died is another favorite.
>>
>>94206760
>the board game
Elaborate.
>>
File: pic52953_md.jpg (64KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic52953_md.jpg
64KB, 354x500px
>>94207038
Games Workshop made some Judge Dredd board games back in the 80s. Judge Dredd was about patrolling Mega City One and busting perps. Sometime you'll get something hilarious like having to take down The Angel Gang for littering or Judge Dead for selling old comic books. It is a great game for fucking people over.

They also made Block-Mania, where everyone has a block and you're supposed to use your riled-up goons to destroy the other people's. It's fun, but one game takes fucking forever because there's like, a million dice rolls that happen between turns.
>>
>>94207276
God damn, that makes me want to get really into Dredd merchandise and everything. I know 3A made a good Dredd and motorcycle figure. And a Death too, I think. If they make an Anderson, I'm all over it.
>>
>>94207507
According to their schedule, they should reveal a 1/6 Anderson by the end of the year. They're working on it right now.
>>
I'd like to see a Punisher and Judge Dredd crossover.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.