[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

haha does /co/ like wolverine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1364245307969.png (290KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1364245307969.png
290KB, 500x404px
haha
does /co/ like wolverine?
>>
File: 7.jpg (412KB, 798x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
412KB, 798x1024px
There used to be this character called Wolverine. He was based as hell and not afraid to do his own thing and he was pretty much my favorite superhero from the age of 4. The great thing about him was watching him evolve--from an angry, arrogant character to a wiser hero who had room for others in his life, who could even be a mentor. Then some time in the early 21st Century, Wolverine disappeared. There were all these watered-down versions running around who were like little fragments of the original character--usually the most obnoxious, late-70s version. You barely saw a glimpse of the guy who was developed by creators like Claremont, Frank Miller, and Larry Hama. Nowadays you can't even get something that says Wolverine on the label; it's Girlverine and Greyverine and Jimverine, like a world without Coke Classic. Sucks but at least he went out right around the time Cyclops stopped being a little bitch and got extremely good.
>>
>>94202101
I take it you didn't like the movie Logan.
>>
>>94203546
No, I loved it. I was purely talking about the comics.
>>
>>94202101

>Cyclops
>Little bitch

Yeah you were a Wolverine fan alright
>>
>>94201919
You mean Jonathan?

If so, then yes
>>
File: [laughs].jpg (289KB, 689x840px) Image search: [Google]
[laughs].jpg
289KB, 689x840px
>>94201919
ha ha.. and now a word from our sponsor..
>>
I like Wolverine because he's comic power creep done right, it's canon that the dude is a black op, ww2 soldier, cowboy, samurai, Avenger, fantastic 4, teacher, bartender, X-Man. But they play it straight faced and it never seems like he's OP or underpowered. He can be the leader of the team while also being the team's Tank/DPS. at least that's why I like him, some like him because he screws with Cyclops or is an immortal jobbing punching bag.
>>
>>94201919
For a brief period roughly around his first solo title when he struck the right balance of competent but flawed. Before he was just an unlikable, useless cunt and afterwards he quickly started to develop into what finally became an overpowered sacrosaint meme who appeared in 7 books at the same time.
>>
Frankly, I think he's a great character -- the only true breakout, iconic, character of the modern era. I don't argue with the folks who think he was over-exposed, they have a point, but the real problem is that the increasingly poor writing of Wolverine was actually the first warning sign that Marvel was turning to shit and that their writers were a pack of idiots -- if not saboteurs.

Also, I love how so many fans are just convinced that if Wolverine is just out of the picture, then their favorite B, C, or D-list mutant character would suddenly have their opportunity to SHINE. I'm looking forward to the massive success of the current Iceman comic.
>>
File: Wolverine_n43-p04.jpg (215KB, 770x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine_n43-p04.jpg
215KB, 770x1165px
>>94201919
Sort of? I liked late 80s-late 90s Wolverine, when he was essentially a pulpy noir character in a superhero world. He had so much versatility and heart back then, he was like the cool uncle of the Marvel Universe.

>>94209622
It's funny. They aren't exactly right, but with all these Wolverine spin-offs they're not being proven wrong either.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.