[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

want to write a comic, but scared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nm2a4eGFme1ryqrhdo1_500.png (114KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm2a4eGFme1ryqrhdo1_500.png
114KB, 500x375px
ok, so here is the thing...i want to write a comic. the problem is

1. i have never written a single comic before and i really wanna translate one of my novels into the medium as it would make sense.
2. i am strapped for cash and i am a shit artist..but that doesnt mean i wont try...however i am terrified that if i drew the artwork than i will be another chris chan or linkara when it comes to art styles....

am i over thinking? or should i just follow my dreams?

pic not related
>>
>>94195225
Fuck that. Art is like 20% of any comic. Story is where the juiciest meat is at
>>
>>94195271

i just am terrified of being compared to those trainwrecks...and maybe, i am scared of the fact that there are some things that would be considered "progressive crap" (having gay characters, ect...but they are actually well written instead of the shit marvel peddles out)

i guess my fears comes from the fact that ever since the past couple years ive been a channer..ive become scared of being that
>>
File: Carlos Nine 2.gif (160KB, 515x719px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos Nine 2.gif
160KB, 515x719px
>>94195225
A comic script is like a movie script (ie. similar format, only with frames instead of scenes). It can be as detailed as you want.
You don´t need to be an integral artist (writer and artist), so a script will be useful to find an artist.
And you can hone the skill, work as a writer for a while with publishers, and with some, reputation you can get a good artist to collaborate with your proyect.
>>
>>94195308
It's okay to have faggots or niggers in your comic as long as the white characters remove them in the end.
>>
>>94195676

the thing is that i would love to do that, then there lies the ultimate issue of money
>>
>>94195698

what if i have a vegan being force fed corndogs?
>>
No better way than to just jump in and do it. Can't get better if you don't practice. Can't be scared of people not liking your work. That's going to happen no matter what you make.
>>
>>94196268
Delicious!
>>
>>94196829

that it is, i was gonna say meatloaf..but that's played out
>>
File: Fabulas 15.jpg (162KB, 551x827px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulas 15.jpg
162KB, 551x827px
>>94196246
Pactice, practice, paractice. Don´t try going pro at once. Look for anthologies or other collaborative projects.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.