[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 16

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/509425001/
>>
S, fuck you this is a good move.
>>
File: 1501133877299.jpg (27KB, 427x573px) Image search: [Google]
1501133877299.jpg
27KB, 427x573px
>>
>>94191530
Dump the article, or at least provide a non-shit, non-AMP link. Thanks.
>>
>>94191530
>literally more "waah, wahh, why isn't Danny asian?!" bitching
Jesus.
>>
>>94191530
Is this your first thread, newfag? I'm not giving your site clicks.
>>
>>94191597
Let me sum it up:
>Luke is great
>Jessica is great
>Matt is great
>Danny is racist why isn't he asian?!?!?!
>all of Defenders is ruined by Danny being involved
>>
>>94191603
No the fuck it wasnt.
Iron Fist is the weakest show with the weakest actor.
Im not surprised hes one of the reasons its dragging and them just suddenly on a team.
They should have built it up on the solo shows with more crossovers. But Marvel Netflix wanted to blow their load early it seems.
>>
>>94191656
We didnt even need solo shows for Danny or Cage. Just do Heroes for Hire. Its not like they're going to do anything interesting with the Iron Fist lore
>>
>>94191530
i hate Jessica jones
thats all i had to say let the trigging begin
>>
>>94191621
THIS. She spends most of her time bitching about fucking Iron Fist being a main character and she hates that he's white and stole Asian culture... Fuck this review
>>
>>94191758
/
she angry that a white male actor is playing a white male character from the 70s
these people are what wrong with the world
>>
>>94191530
>The Defenders are only as strong as their weakest link. And they have a very weak link.

>After giving four street-level superheroes their own series on Netflix, Marvel has joined Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter) and Iron Fist (Finn Jones) in the new team-up series Marvel’s The Defenders (Netflix, streaming Aug. 18, ** out of four stars). And, at least in the first four episodes made available for review, the series can’t make the combination work.

>The four heroes are drawn together by an increasing threat from an organization headed by the elusive Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver, a bright spot). The criminal activity draws in each hero, although some of these plots are noticeably weaker than others. Iron Fist’s ancient mission is to fight the organization. Daredevil’s reincarnated ex is one of Alexandra's minions. Jessica Jones gets a case that involves them. Luke Cage tries to help a neighborhood kid who is recruited as a grunt worker for the group. Eventually, the heroes’ paths cross.

>From the first scene, Danny Rand/Iron Fist is an undeniable handicap. His own series premiered earlier this year to a chorus of negative reviews after weathering the backlash for whitewashing and cultural appropriation.
>>
>>94191793
>So how do you build a series when three heroes are appealing, well-formed characters with strong actors behind them, but the fourth is annoying, boring and poorly acted? One would hope that The Defenders would shy away from Danny and his petulance, but unfortunately, Iron Fist is integral to the larger plot. Every scene featuring him drags, and he is in too many to ignore, with clunkier dialogue than his fellows.

>It’s unfair to blame Iron Fist for all of The Defenders' problems. Like all of the solo series, it’s poorly paced, and takes far too long for the heroes to team up. They don’t appear together until the end of Episode 3. And even after all that lead time, they don't fit together. Jessica and Luke gel — he was introduced on her series. Daredevil and Iron Fist share mystic roots. But they lack chemistry as a group.

>It’s not just that the characters are different, it’s that their shows (well, minus Iron Fist) had strong points of view that are completely lost in The Defenders. This is most detrimental to Jessica and Luke, whose respective series thrived on their personal stories — Jessica Jones is a sexual-assault survivor and Luke Cage explored themes of race, identity and family. Now both are just two out of four generic punching superheroes.

>The Defenders will likely please devoted Marvel fans who merely want to see these four in the same room. The fight scene that finally brings them together checks all the fan-service boxes, as when Iron Fist stands behind Luke as he takes bullets. But viewers who were attracted to one or more of the Netflix series for their unique perspectives will be disappointed.

>Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and even Iron Fist deserve better. And it’s gratifying to remember that three of them will likely have better series to return to once they finish this mission. There's no shame in admitting defeat, even for superheroes.

>Some acts are just better off going solo.

>Kelly Lawler USATODAY
>>
>>94191530
Netflix-verse has been shit after the first season of DD.
>>
>>94191530
>Jessica Jones is a sexual-assault survivor
For fuck's sake just call it what it is: rape victim. It's ok to show vulnerability, ladies. You are humans, not warriors.
>>
>>94191820
>Jessica Jones is a sexual-assault survivor and Luke Cage explored themes of race, identity and family. Now both are just two out of four generic punching superheroes.
Did people really think that a team up show consisting of 8 episodes would delve into these types of things? It's possible for JJ and LC to be both cultural icons or whatever, and punchy superheroes. Like did they expect Luke to mention racism while punching a ninja? Or for Jess to think about fucking David Tennant in the middle for a fight? I don't get it.
>>
>>94191862
i though he never raped her, just made her want him while he raped other gals
also is it really rape if she says yes under mind control
>>
>>94191656
>Iron Fist is the weakest show with the weakest actor.
LC was clearly the weakest show and the weakest actor. Cage was better on JJ than on his own trainwreck of a series.

IF was a step up. Not the best by any means, but more interesting to watch and follow the story. The weaknesses were the fighting through most of the show (given they threw the actor in with almost no prep time, he did well) and that fucking "We're in China" episode that was a total bomb across the board. Next time they need to let the Wu Tang Clan rapper director more as his episode was the best one for fighting and cinema style. He really captured the old kung fu movie look so well you'd swear they had gotten a HK import to direct
>>
>>94191917
>i though he never raped her, just made her want him while he raped other gals
That's in the comics. In the show, he just raped her. Again and again and again.
>>
>>94191921
LC dipped at the middle when they killed of cotton mouth, which i still dont understand he was a really good villian
>>
>>94191945
can you really call it rape if she was being mind control
>>
>>94191946
It had this problem of "This is the bad guy, but later we reveal someone is really the person you hate instead as the first person was just struggling to survive"

Cottonmouth was bitch to his Senator sister who was bitch to Diamondback. Fucking come on... That's fine but you wasted too much time building up Cotton only to toss him, build up the Senator, only to toss her for the shitty final villain
>>
>>94191992
didnt she take over cotton mouths empire at the end
would be better if cottonmouth fucked up every one at the end
>>
>>94192018
Something like that, her and Shades get away in the end I think.

Is Jessica Jones actually good or is this just some meme?
>>
>>94191945
This is why I'll never watch JJ or anything she's in
>>
>>94191972
Yes? If she was under mind control, she couldn't give consent.
>>
>>94192018
Much as I would've liked more Cottonmouth, I have to disagree. Cottonmouth and Mariah were clearly meant to be foils to an extent. Despite taking on the role more personally, Mariah was much more cut out for his throne than he was, so when push came to shove he'd get fucked.

I would've loved if he weren't, but that's what they set up.
>>
>>94191758
Even if she is stupid, we shouldn't ignore her criticism about everything else/
>>
>>94192045
>triggered this hard by rape
>>
>>94192081
I don't like sexism. Sue me.
>>
>>94192034
>>94192034
it has its moments, the major problem with these shows except maybe daredevil is that they are inconsistent and try doing to much at once, in iron fist which i wanted to be good so much he was zen then he wasn't, he was after the hand then he was working with them, the bad guy changed like 3 times, yes characters and stories need to grow but the marvel netflix shows just turn corners and that is not character growth
>>
>>94191992
>>94192018
Mariah has the setup for a S2 villain. Diamondback's main issue is that he was played up too personal and crazy, and they never dealt with the ramifications of him decapitating the other crime syndicates.
>>
>>94192034
JJ is good whenever David Tennant is on screen.
>>
>>94192070
yer but diamond back was ass
more like diamond butt
>>
>>94191530
The USA Today had a crossword "editor" that plagiarized all the crosswords. Why should I trust them again?
>>
>>94191530
What kind of superhero team has only one autist wearing a costume? This should be reason enough to not even bother with this trash. I blame Jeph Loeb for this. Also fucking Bendis for creating Jessica Jones and making us suffer her existence. The production team were so focused on making this branch of the MCU gritty and grounded, they ended up forgetting these are comic book characters.
>>
>>94191530
>wah wah wah Iron Fist is FUCKING WHIE
>wah wah wah it's not a social commentary
JJ and LC ruined perception of Netflix shows.
>>
>>94192117
agreed he was the main reason i watched it
>>
>>94191530
>but the fourth is annoying, boring and poorly acted?
What? Luke really isn't that annoying. Or are they talking about Jessica?
>>
>>94191921
>more interesting to watch
Yeah i really loved all those business meetings and shitty kung fu in the kung fu show.
>>
>>94192143
>wah wah wah it's not a social commentary
This seems like it's legitimately an issue, these reviewers and such are going in thinking that there's gonna be some big, biting commentary on racism or abusers or something, just because JJ and LC focused on that in their own, standalone series (and likely will continue to focus on in their second seasons), neither of which really built up to this anyway. Maybe that's part of why Iron Fist got shat on so hard, it didn't really offer up much commentary on anything.
>>
>>94192159
Danny.
>>
>>94192175
Neither did Daredevil. If Daredevil cammafter LC and JJ, who knows how people would've reacted.
>>
>>94191793
>White washing
Danny was always white.
>Cultural appropriation
Martial arts have always been something that has stagnated if not injected with diversity and that extends to the philosophy of it.

It's astounding that individuals who believe in diversity are more in favor of rigid divisions than a bunch of rural hicks who cage fight.
>>
>>94192175
wish it could be just about fighting super villians
say what you wanna about the cw flash and arrow at least it tries to be like the comics and plays up the super hero part
>>
File: Copy_of_Montage.jpg (159KB, 503x690px) Image search: [Google]
Copy_of_Montage.jpg
159KB, 503x690px
>>94192198
>>94192198
>Martial arts have always been something that has stagnated if not injected with diversity
then you will love the gentleman's kung fu Bartitsu
>>
I know you guys hate sjws but do you really hate them so much you will defend shit if they dislike it
>>
Now, I haven't watched Netflix Iron Fist, my only exposure to him so far was the Defenders trailer... and he did come across as really annoying compared to the others.
>>
>>94192268
The one underlying current throughout 4chan is that it's full of contrarians, so yes. The second someone you don't like says something it's time to bust out all the hoops to take the opposing point of view. Relatedly, why you should never start a thread's OP with an opinion you genuinely believe considering there'll be a bumrush to call OP a faggot and prove you wrong.
>>
>>94191917

>also is it really rape if she says yes under mind control

Yes, that's very clearly rape. It's probably worse because it's rape with mind control which is fucked up in it's own right.
>>
>>94192198
But yeah Iron Fist was utter shit.

It just doesn't make sense that the reasons it's being called out for are the two that don't make sense and not the multitude of other issues it had.
>>
>>94192268
i dont defend shit no matter who likes it or who hates it
SJW are fuck heads who will down the line hate everything even when its tailored to them
say what you wanna about /co/ but what i learned about this group is that their hate is pure and unstoppable and unforgivable
>>
>>94192198
It's not that the main character is white, it's that the main character is white and also martial arts master who tells people in their own dojos how it's done.

Imagine if Luke Cage was white. Every other aspect about him is the same but you have this big white guy who tells thugs not to let their pants sag and that black people need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.
>>
>>94192368
But isn't Danny actually better than the people he's in the dojo with?
>>
>>94192368
i dont remember him telling any one how its done in their dojo in the series or the comic, hes rich why would he need to do that
>>
>>94192368
>white guy who tells thugs not to let their pants sag and that black people need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.
Republicans?
>>
>>94192402
He does it in the show.
>>
>>94192368
The difference is that white Luke Cage wouldn't have the experience of growing up black. He'd be talking out of his ass. Danny, asian or white, is still a martial arts master. Martial arts is something learned, not something that comes with your race.
>>
>>94192402
At colleen dojo
>>
>>94192368
What does him being white have to do with him telling people he's better than at fighting how he personally trains because they're fucking up?

It's arguably a dick move but Danny is in show leagues better than anyone there.
>>
>>94192411
You assume these anons watched the show.
>>
>>94192095
There's literally no reason to be against sexism though, you absolute cuck. Women are inferior to men in every way, why should they be treated the same?
http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/sexdifferences.aspx
>>
>>94192368
Breh, martial arts is something you can learn and master, implication that gooks are just inherently better at it is no better than saying they are just inexplicably better at math
>>
>>94192268
Kek wtf are you talking about? /co/mblr is full of SJW numale manchildren.
>>
I cant stand these reviews based one half or a third of the episodes. If the platform makes all the episodes available at once, then i want my review to also encompass alm the episodes. It just seems disingenuous especially when you only breifly mention that you didnt even see the ending.
>>
>>94192436
he kinda learned from the greatest masters in a mythical temple in the middle of the Himalayas so i think he would be a little better that some one that learned from "how to do karate by chuck Norris" videos
>>
>>94192490
No its ful of alt right /poltv/ cucks
>>
>>94192490
People only ever see the half of /co/ that they hate.
>>
>>94192504
This is so true, live action shit up the ass for no reason. I would not be surprised if there are polacks here who don't read comics and just come to see hottest SJW Marvel memes
>>
>>94192538
Allowing capeshit live action here was a mistake. /tv/ was a mistake
>>
File: 1472352006706.png (211KB, 500x767px) Image search: [Google]
1472352006706.png
211KB, 500x767px
>>94192471
>iqcomparisonsite.com
>>
>>94192538
im a huge fan of iron fist and even bigger heroes for hire which now i know will never happen,i just recently got in to mark waids dare devil and Kevin smiths run can fuck right of, im not a fan of bendis so i never read jessica jones.
>>
>>94192552
/co/ - subsidiary of /tv/
>>
>>94191793
>>94191820
Just reading that I'm expecting two different hair colors, at least part of her head is shaved, while one ear has significantly more piercings than the other, and she's wearing some kind of cartoon skull accessory somewhere.

Oh and at least 1 arm covered in a half assed tattoo sleeve.
>>
>>94192552
4chan was a mistake, the internet was a mistake, humanity was a mistake
>>
>>94192577
Ok, good, it's nit much, but you read. And I agree, Guardian Devil is piece of shit, make a thread about you think so too and leave Netflix to where it belongs.

And give Bendis devil a chance, it's not best DD, but it's best Bendis
>>
>>94191530
Thank God they got rid of that shitty red Daredvil costume.
>>
>>94192666
Fuck off satan. You don't have to hate Matt for stealing your image.
>>
>>94191530

Ellen Page, John Constatine, Batman,
>>
>>94192327
Stripping Danny of his intense revenge motive and the culmination of it in Howard's independent self destruction was a deep, deep mistake that only added fuel to the anti white assholes, because instead of him becoming Iron Fist because he was more motivated than other challengers, it happened just because.
>>
>>94191530
I'm so glad Marvel is dying
>>
>>94191530
Two words:

NON
CANON
>>
>>94192654
>but it's best Bendis
there is never a good bendis
>>
File: 5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>94191530
>usatoday
>>
>>94192807
He didn't say otherwise. Best of Bendis implies best he can ever be, doesn't mean good but fuck you his DD is good
>>
>>94192890
your probably right but i just cant read bendis its too hard. hey if you love it more power to u but straight up cant stand bendis not as a person , just his writing urks me
>>
>>94192807
Bendis DD is damn good, you don't read comics.
>>
File: 1467095535329.png (389KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1467095535329.png
389KB, 500x432px
It takes three episodes for the members of a team to come together as such in a show about them working as a team.
>>
>>94191820
>Like all of the solo series, it’s poorly paced, and takes far too long for the heroes to team up.
Yes. Like all the solo series. Why do people like these shows, again?
>>
>>94192941
ok fine i dont.
because i dont like bendis i dont read comics
fine you win your amazing detective skills have found me out
>>
>>94191530
>>94191574
this is fucking hilarious
>>
>>94191530
Phew, good thing it's not canon!
>>
>>94191530
>sell your soul to the SJWs to get good reviews for JJ and LC despite being pieces of shit
>same SJWs trash the next white man lead show despite not being worse quality wise
Nothing to be mad about here, they made their beds
>>
>I hate Iron Fist REEEEE

is this what constitutes a review now?
>>
>>94192778
Two words:

FUCKING
RETARD
>>
>>94191656
This is all true but it's the same usatoday that whined about no black people in leading roles in "Dunkirk". They are ideologically partisan when talking about media so I still take it with grain of salt when Danny Rand is their reason of criticism..
>>
>>94192622
>>
>>94192622
>>94193267
close very close anon
>>
>>94192368
Except ANY Martial Artist worth their salt will admit defeat and accept the teachings of his better if showed said person is better. To be like: "FUCK YOU WHITE MAN, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO" goes against nearly every code of every martial art ever.
>>
>>94192117
How? He was terrible both acting-wise and his character was shit.
>>
>>94193453
He wasn't even purple
>>
>>94191530
>no black people in leading roles in "Dunkirk"

Is this a ruse
>>
>>94192268
No. But if they gotta criticize something, let them use actual reasons if they want to be taken seriously. Wahh, why is Danny not white crowds are doing genuine disservice to those of use who actually didn't like Iron Fist and hate Scott Buck in general
>>94192304
Please leap off your high horse already. Chances are, you're gonna break your neck and we won't have to put up with your smug, passive-aggressive posts again.
>>
>>94193536
*Why Danny is not Asian crowds
Excuse me, I was too angry to proofread or think straight
>>
If Iron Fist had better martial arts action, the race shitters would have been silenced

Instead there's too much boring corporate shit so they go for the low hanging fruit
>>
>>94193575
And a better showrunner. Preferably someone not responsible for some of the worst television I have ever seen in my life (and I wish I was exaggerating there)
>>
>>94192304
But op isn't a faggot. You are.
>>
>>94191530
Matt should really do a better job of hiding the fact that he doesn't need his eyes.
>>
>>94191748
Same
Who the fuck wants to watch a show about a superhero who A) loses to regular henchmen and B) is a legitimately terrible person?
>>
>>94193671
Who wants to watch a psychological thriller that A) has nothing thrilling about it and B) has an extremely obnoxious and pathetic villain who has zero menace?
>>
cultural marxism is just a conspiracy theory
>>
>>94192368
What.

Danny's good at martial arts. So he teaches other people martial arts.

Whether he's black, white, yellow, green, purple, cyan has literally no relevance to that.

Unless you're implying that martial arts are innate, and only Asian people can master them? That's pretty racist my man.

If a white person actually born in a poor and dangerous neighbourhood with firsthand knowledge of what happens in it had an idea of how to improve the situation, you should listen the fuck up because they know what they're talking about. Or are you claiming that only black people can be thugs? Because that's pretty racist, my man.
>>
No one would whine if a Japanese person learned Sambo or Systema from Russians/Ukrainians and was beating their most trained men in that art. Is that right?
>>
>>94193918
Nah, mostly because next to no one knows martial arts go much beyond a vague "far east".
>>
>>94192368
These guys walk into your dojo and slap your girlfriends ass.
What do?
>>
File: Richard Norton and Chuck Norris.jpg (115KB, 1024x584px) Image search: [Google]
Richard Norton and Chuck Norris.jpg
115KB, 1024x584px
>>94193939
Dammit.
>>
>>94193918
Did people cry about black guy being the best samurai in "Afro Samurai"? It's fucking fiction mate. You realise you can just not freak out about everything, right?
>>
>>94192666
It looks like he's only a raghead for one sequence, but that was the sequence they really showed off for the first trailer.
The more recent trailer has a bunch of scenes with him im his actual costume.
>>
>>94193957
Black weebs are the most fascinating of all weebs.
>>
>>94191862
it's not about calling it rape, it's about making everything under the term "sexual assault" equivalent to rape. grabbing someone's ass is sexual assault, but they want to equate it to holding someone at knife point and raping them
>>
>>94191820
>Like all of the solo series, it’s poorly paced,
Despite the bullshit, she makes a very good point here. ALL of the series just fucking drags on and on. It's just worst in Iron Fist because the "martial artists" fight scenes suck ass as well
>>
>>94192490
That doesn't mean anything. This site calls anyone who isn't racist an SJW.
>>
>>94194221
>implying everyone who isn't called SJW is a racist
can you feel the irony
>>
>>94191530
archive this shit you mongoloid faggot
>>
>>94193957
That's that anon's point. He's not the one freaking out, people are freaking out over it.
>>
>>94193478
No, we've had people complain about it in the UK too.
>>
>>94195489
do they know its based on history
you know these people call out bullshit all the time but do zero work to change it, im sure there are plenty of black american war stories that would make great movies why dont they make them
>>
>>94195654
because they stupid fat people who can't hold a camera
>>
File: IMG_2676.jpg (75KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2676.jpg
75KB, 480x480px
>>94191530
>Hate the way they are doing Danny
>Hate what they are doing with his show
>Find out there's a lot of backlash on Iron Fist, think "Good, maybe they'll take the hint"
>Find out it's because he's not Asian, which he never was
>People praised Doctor Strange for whitewashing the Ancient One

Fucking normies, they don't deserve opinions
>>
>>94195754
>>People praised Doctor Strange for whitewashing the Ancient One
no they didn't the actress who i dont care enough to learn her name had to apologise
>>
>>94191921

The two of them were probably the weakest of the five seasons of Netflix shows we've seen so far, but Cage had a better star, better supporting cast and a more compelling story. I watched about one episode of Luke Cage per day when it came out. It took me MONTHS to get through Iron Fist.
>>
>>94192095

It's not like it's glorified in the show or anything; the guy who did it was a skin-crawling monster and it's made very clear that having done this to her and thinking it was alright was a sign of profoundly distorted thinking on his part.

Jessica reclaiming her life, her dignity and her agency from him is a huge part of her character arc.
>>
>>94195754
>People praised Doctor Strange for whitewashing the Ancient One

Marvel was in a no-win situation there. The character was Tibetan in the comics. They knew they couldn't make him Tibetan without losing the Chinese market, but they couldn't make him Chinese without alienating anyone who cares about Tibet. So they just decided to replace the character with an entirely new character to sidestep the issue. Which is shitty too, but at least it results in less of a shitstorm than either of the other options.
>>
>>94195798
tilda had to apologise?
>>
File: Lawyer.png (142KB, 276x336px) Image search: [Google]
Lawyer.png
142KB, 276x336px
>>94192034

Shades was the real MVP of Luke Cage.
>>
File: 1500519204078.png (234KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500519204078.png
234KB, 477x480px
>>94192095

>Villains can't do evil things anymore because that's supporting institutional sexism/racism/rape culture/whateverthefuck.

Neck yourself.
>>
File: 1418843596994.gif (237KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1418843596994.gif
237KB, 500x280px
>listening to some media blogger shitbird who probably watches generic garbage like Game of Thrones and thinks it's kino
>>
>>94191530
>From the first scene, Danny Rand/Iron Fist is an undeniable handicap. His own series premiered earlier this year toa chorus of negative reviewsafter weathering the backlash forwhitewashing and cultural appropriation.
Stopped reading right here. This shit bothers the hell out of me. It isn't fucking whitewashing if the god damned character is fucking white in the source material and has been for what, going on 60 years? And it isn't cultural misappropriation either, it respects and pays homage to the culture that surrounds it. People (read:normies) need to get their heads out of their fucking asses for once and do one simple Google search and learn them some about the characters and what whitewashing and cultural appropriation actually mean...
>>
>>94192194
The first season of Daredevil was tackling gentrification.
>>
>>94196690

If they had cast a non-white ethnicity they'd have been accused of a "magical negro" or some other variation or "ethnic shaman" stereotype.
>>
>Comics are shit.
>Iron Fist shit on.
>Inhumans laughed at in Comic Con
>GotG2 can't even pass BvS worldwide.
>SM underperforming.
>Defenders getting shit on.
Now EVERYTHING with the name Marvel is having issues in 2017.
>>
>>94197272
At least MvC:I is... oh...
>>
>>94192368
You know that the best martial artists out there aren't asian, right?

>Only asians can have the experience of martial arts, it's deeply race binded like growing up black in the ghetto! Waah!
Oh dear, it's retarded.
>>
>>94191603

Well, FIRST is Eurasian, not just "Asian" second, NO COSTUME?!?!?!?!? WTF NO COSTUME?!?!?!? WTF PASS THOSE COSTUMES BRO!
>>
>They don’t appear together until the end of Episode 3
>let's make a crossover show but they don't crossover until half the season

Brilliant.
>>
>>94191530
First Iron Fist, now Defenders and Inhumans. What the fuck are the Marvel TV guys doing?
>>
>>94197803
Did you actually read the "review"? Every complaint is about how Danny is white and there isn't enough social commentary.
>>
Fuck this. I'm just waiting for Frank to drop.
>>
>>94197195
>what, going on 60 years?

43 years, but your point still stands.
>>
>>94197246

Exactly. There were no great answers, but I think that casting a not-traditionally-attractive white woman was the safest choice given the situation.
>>
>>94197871
>Every complaint is about how Danny is white and there isn't enough social commentary.
This is the audience that Marvel courted and desired and the one they deserve.
>>
>they don't actually team up until episode 3
what the fuck? Do you really need two+ hours of build up for that?
>>
>>94197272
>GotG2 can't even pass BvS worldwide.
The fact that you're comparing a sequel in a franchise few people had even heard of 4 years ago to a film with two of the most popular superheroes of all time is in and of itself hilarious.

The fact that said sequel is within $15 million worldwide gross is just sad for DC. Also, $57 million more domestic.
>>
>>94191820
>JJ and LC pandered to my political interests
>IF didn't
>waaaaaah why don't they all pander to meeee
>>
>>94198202
He's still right and you're still bitter.
>>
>>94198202
>Then
>GotG2's an easy $1 billion guys! Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman BTFO by a talking raccoon and tree. FUCKING LMAO

>Now
>It's just a talking raccoon and tree. I mean, the other movie had BATMAN, SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN. Nobody knows the GotG they're so niche.

>Then
>Spider-Man and Iron Man?! Easy $1 billion guys, maybe even $2 billion. Based Marvel taking over from Sony and making the movie their way!

>Now
>Man of Steel numbers from 4 years ago is good. Spider-Man is just too overexposed right now. It's Sony's fault, Marvel had nothing to do with this.

Sure man.
>>
>>94198300
>>94198328
>assigning arguments to anonymous posters
I have not been involved in any of the shitposting prior to now nor did I make any predictions about GotG2's box office. The points I actually made in my post still stand.
>>
>>94198202
The fucking backtracking this year has given us is so delicious. I hope this never ends.
>>
>>94191621
Trolling aside, this actually is an accurate summary of the article. The mainstream media really, really does not like white men. I assume Daredevil gets a pass because nobody wants to fling shit against the handicapped.
>>
>>94193469
He turned a little purple after he shot up with fetus juice
>>
>>94198415
For seconds. Wow.
>>
>>94191530
>http://amp

INTO THE TRASH, YOU FUCKING SCUM.

DO NOT LINK OR EVEN VISIT AMP SITES, it is the antithesis of the foundation on which we stand.
>>
>>94198373

>The mainstream media really, really does not like white men

Give me a fucking break. The majority of ilm and TV still stars white men, and outside of the usual suspects nobody is tearing down the walls over that.

You faggots will always cherry-pick the dumbest articles, claim they represent the majority and silence people bringing up reality with REEE SJW defender so you can act oppressed.

It's no better then /v/
>>
File: 1486722957128.jpg (163KB, 1467x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1486722957128.jpg
163KB, 1467x1010px
>>94191793
>>94191820
>only asians get to learn Kung Fu
>this isn't somehow racist

Do these people ever think before they open their fucking mouth?
>>
>>94193469
I have more problems with how boring he was.
>>
>>94192422
This
>>
>>94197871
I did read it, actually. You seem to have missed the part about pacing, which is an issue that has dogged the Netflix shows since Daredevil S2.
>>
>>94193264
But its justified critism. But i agree with the dunkirk one. Who cares
>>
>>94191621
She said Danny had to weather the backlash of whitewashing and cultural appropriation complaints, which is true despite you agreeing with said complaints or thinking them stupid, but it happened.

After that she complained about Danny being petulant, childish ad poorly handled. Then she went to say that the group lacks chemistry, that they lost what made them interesting in their own shows and that all of them (including Iron Fist) deserve better.

You faggots love to be offended by everything and make up shit, just like the SJWs to justify your triggering, all of you need to be purged.
>>
>>94192095
the comic version was more sexist.
in both versions we have our hero who overcomes trauma to set her life straight and defeat her abuser.
One version, he's just her abuser, which is realistic and makes sense
The other, he only abused her by proxy because she'd be "ruined as a character" if she were herself actually abused by her abuser.
>>
>>94195754
Meet some actual normies, this is all SJWs, normies don't care about that shit even if they have stupid opinions.

There was backlash against Tilda but SJWs like the Aayy LMAO they got to play Strange and they liked the movie so they forgave it.

Ant-Man got the stupidest hate mainly from butthurt hambeasts who wanted a Widow movie but people went to see it, the movie was good, and they saw it, so now everyone forgot about it.

These people can't even stick to their principles when they are easily entertained. If Iron Fist had been a good show and the lead was a good looking white guy they would have been all over him now.
>>
She doesn't go after Finn Jones for being white. She goes after him for being fucking boring.
Basically what every /co/mrade on the board complains when they're talking about Iron Flix.
>>
>>94199846
Marlel shills taking advantage on /co/'s hate for SJWs to get them to dismiss any criticism against Iron Fist.

And it's working.
>>
>>94198373
It is fucking not. She mentions the SJW shit in one fucking line and throws shade at Finn Jones acting ability and the quality of Iron Flix in general.
>>
>>94199929
>shills
When did we turn into /v/?
>>
>>94199811
No, but you don't understand. In big cities a lot of folks ARE SJWs. Especially in cities with significant college-student populations.

Every female I know goes on about sexism in mainstream comics. No, they've never picked up a comic.

Comics and the shows they inspire are things people believe themselves experts on when they've never read it, because a lot of the origin stories are known in pop culture.
>>
File: Defenders.jpg (348KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
Defenders.jpg
348KB, 900x1367px
What the fuck happened?
>>
File: Blind Jokes Never Get Old.jpg (275KB, 902x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Blind Jokes Never Get Old.jpg
275KB, 902x1369px
>>94191530
>So how do you build a series when three heroes are appealing, well-formed characters with strong actors behind them, but the fourth is annoying, boring and poorly acted?
She's literally not wrong. Finn Jones was AWFUL.

I doubt more than 5 anons itt actually read the article.
>>
>>94200098
It's a nice name, some of the real Defenders are in the movies, and they can't use Heroes for Hire because all of them besides Jessica would be staunchly against taking money for their hero work.
>>
>>94191793
>>94191820
To think if they actually cast an Asian person as Danny Rand, they would probably get annoyed at an Asian doing martial arts and calling it racist. There is literally no pleasing SJWs, all they want to do is complain.
>>
>>94192960
Par for the course for Bendis.
>>
File: 1500009714482[1].png (469KB, 745x495px) Image search: [Google]
1500009714482[1].png
469KB, 745x495px
Why do they persecute us? Is it jealousy?
>>
Is Iron Fist honestly worth the watch? I liked almost all the Netflix MCU shows (JJ was a bit hit and miss), but Iron Fist seems to be even more of a black sheep.
>>
>>94201821
it's the exact same level of quality as Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, but doesn't feature a strong independent woman or a black man who dindu nuffin.
>>
>>94201821
If I were you I would read the wikipedia summaries of the first three episodes and watch from there. It gets better after that.
>>
>>94198582
Before /pol/ was the hot meme it was /v/
Its just a shit 4chan mentality that's pretty prevalent
>>
>>94191530
>http://amp.usatoday.com/story/509425001/
Daredevil is goat. JJ I enjoyed. Luke Cage was okay, I got really bored by the end and skipped like 3 episodes to the finale and didn't feel like I missed anything. The problem with Iron Fist wasn't whitewashing at all, it was that it was a terribly terribly written piece of shit show
>>
>>94201821
Nope. It drags itself with shit nobody cares about and the fight scenes are Buffy-tier.
>>
So fucking tired of these retarded people who have double standards and absolutely no logic. THere's no way to please them. If they had made IF Asian, they'd be complaining about how racist and stereotypical it is/ And what is this "cultural appropriation" bullshit? If anything, superhero comics have always been a white/Jewish thing, should we be telling POC (not "colored people", those are different, because they said so) to fuck off because they're appropriating white culture?

When will it end?
>>
>>94202544
I don't understand how you could hate Iron Fist but enjoy Jessica Jones. Both are equally terrible.
>>
>>94191793
>>94191820
Is that it? You people made this out to be the devil but these are completely fair points, and the mention of the "white washing" wasn't taking a stance but pointing out that it was a thing people brought up.
>>
>>94198455
What are amp sites?
>>
>>94201821
I thought it was the weakest, but I still enjoyed it. Unlike the others it starts out at the low point, but gets better as it goes on.
>>
>>94201821
It reminded me of JJ but without a compelling antagonist to carry the whole thing
Yeah, the Meachums had a nice arc but that alone is not enough, especially with this shit being the IRON FIST show, not some corporate drama
>>
>>94202967
>but without a compelling antagonist to carry the whole thing
So it was exactly like JJ.
>>
>>94203038
maybe compelling wasn't the right word, more like "amusing"
when I was watching it with some friends we were always looking foward to what dumbshit was Kilgrave up to
>>
>>94203099
Okay, I see your point.
As for Iron Fist, I feel like Gao had the most presence out of the most antagonists. It'd be nice if they fleshed her character out more thoroughly and made her a main villain.
>>
>>94191862
not even that bullshit anon
just say she was raped
>>
First review for Defenders I read and it's complaining that Iron Fist wasn't Asian and that his show had no SJW brownie points (Jessica Jones is an assault victim, Like Cage is black) and that, because it's a team up miniseries, The Defenders suffers. Basically they're complaining that it's not focusing on Carl's race and Jessica's womanhood and that Iron Fist is taking plot time which bothers them because he's white. How does this pass as journalism?
>>
>>94199413
Thanks for the only honest post anon
>>
>>94205125
>How does this pass as journalism?
It's an opinion piece, dipshit.
>>
>>94207016
triggered
>>
>>94191530
>Everybody hates Iron First; let's make our anticipated crossover series about Iron Fist
>Also, let's not fix our sluggish and self-indulgent pacing that everyone complained about since Daredevil
>And let's make Daredevil a sore thumb by making him the only costumed hero

I don't know why Netflix need a Defenders series. These character are best suited in solo shows. You can't force another Avengers. Especially when you're forcing it out fast and cheap.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.