[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starts off as a well-meaning if eccentric guy with a fanboy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: asm2_electro_gs.jpg (53KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
asm2_electro_gs.jpg
53KB, 800x450px
>starts off as a well-meaning if eccentric guy with a fanboy crush on Spider-Man
>the situation that creates him makes him mentally unbalanced and afraid
>Spider-Man tries to help him, but the police make it worse
>Spider-Man has to beat him up and send him to Ryker's/The Vault/Wherever the fuck he went
>suddenly, Electro just becomes a full-on supervillain out of nowhere
>all of his previous character traits are erased
>Spider-Man no longer cares about trying to help Max and just makes fun of him

What the fuck?
>>
>>94186049
Sony
>>
I actually thought the entire setup of him wandering into Times Square and leeching off the power cable was well done, its just goes to shit really fast shortly after. Bottom line: Electro's character was fucked from day one and Harry didnt help either
>>
>>94186049
Did he turn into sentient electricity for a short period during the final fight or is my memory playing tricks on me?
>>
Max clearly had a darker nature bubbling beneath the surface, and I'd imagine Spider-Man lost sympathy for him when he began murdering innocent people.
>>
>>94186148
I think he did during the Itsy Bitsy Spider part.

>>94186165
Did he actually kill anyone?
>>
>>94186148
Harry hits him with a taser in prison and somehow that jumpstarts his new ability where he can briefly become electricity and travel through circuits. He does this multiple times afterwards
>>94186204
Yes, he traveled through every guard upon his escape.
>>
>>94186204
He blew up Times Square and caused a citywide blackout in NYC. He ought to have killed at least some people.

Plus he definitely killed a bunch of Ravencroft guards and power plant employees.
>>
>>94186204
Yeah, he should have stayed lightning all the time.
>>
>>94186049
You actually made it sound better than it actually went too.
>Spider-man shouts "no one hurt my friend Max" but he still refuses to give the hero he literally idolizes the benefit of the doubt and suddenly hates him
>Spidey knows it was all a misunderstanding and acknowledges the guy needs help, but doesn't even stick around to make sure he's properly contained and helped
>Instead he goes home and immediately gets to work on a gadget to incapacitate the villain he literally just captured
>>
>>94186241
>>94186265
Oh right. Well why didn't Spider-Man try to talk to him before that point?

Was it because there were too many plot threads? I bet it was because there were too many plot threads.
>>
>>94186049
He was already mentally unstable before he became Electro. He seem kinda crazy.
>>
File: haitch.jpg (122KB, 524x808px) Image search: [Google]
haitch.jpg
122KB, 524x808px
>>94186049
HE HATES-UH ME
>>
>>94186340
Fuck you anon, it was good.
>>
>>94186049
The movie was meh, but I still think that scene at the transformer with him playing itsy bitsy spider was cool.
>>
File: bloodynose.jpg (43KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
bloodynose.jpg
43KB, 852x480px
>>94186334
He was a loner and was picked on quite a bit. He had a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Spider-Man, kinda like that one girl in the NPH show, but he didn't seem to be anything beyond an eccentric fanboy.
>>
>>94186317
Don't forget about the guy who lost an internship because Peter stole his identity like a total creep.
>>
File: Electro.jpg (17KB, 485x506px) Image search: [Google]
Electro.jpg
17KB, 485x506px
FUN FACT: This was originally going to be Electro. The original plan was for him to be Norman Osborn's superpowered enforcer and the man who murdered Peter's parents, by causing the electrical malfunction that took down their plane. Note that he appears and disappears with each lightning strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ2FCqdlvBM

The idea was scrapped during production for ASM2.
>>
>>94186384
I actually like the theme, but the way he says it always reminded me of Triple H
>>
>>94186386
I like that scene. I don't get why people hate on it, especially since Raimi had a goofy scene like that in his films, too.

>>94186406
>this guy wound up being the Gentleman

I wonder if they would have had Pity in ASM3, especially since they were already focusing so much on Peter's family.
>>
>>94186406
>>94186424
Lets be honest, they had no fucking idea who the mysterious man was going to be
>>
>>94186317
Peter has no reason to believe Ravencroft isn't trying to help Max, though.

>>94186318
They didn't meet in-between.
>>
>>94186406
I thought he was going to be the spot
>>
>>94186439
>Pre-"The Avengers" blowout and cinematic universe craze
>Electro to set up Green Goblin for the third movie.

>Post-"The Avengers" blowout and cinematic universe craze
>The Gentleman to set up the Sinister Six.
>>
>>94186467
He literally sprayed Electro down and then peaced out. He didn't even know he was going to Ravencroft because he didn't stick around for the arrest.

And he also still could have tried to check in with Max. Visit him, or at least see if they were able to help him. But he just stopped giving a shit because that's what was convenient for the story.
>>
>>94186049
>>suddenly, Electro just becomes a full-on supervillain out of nowhere
They cut movie a lot. Electro had a scene where his breakdown explained.
>>
>>94186753
Weak.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.