[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Justice League writer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

Hitch just wrote his last Justice League issue. Who should take over. I think James Robinson will take over since he'll only have Wonder Woman going. Maybe Snyder? Who your guy's pick.
>>
Quentin Tarantino
>>
>>94180835
Could've sworn we already knew who was taking over after Hitch.

Anyway Robinson probably
The dude is inoffensive and alright at worst.
>>
Thank goodness Hitch will finally be off the book.
>>
>>94180835
Humphries. He's off Green Lanterns after 33 or so, and Seeley said he was not going far away
>>
Doesn't seem like DC has many big writers to really take over.
>>
>>94180897
Seems like a big jump for Humphries. Is Green Lanterns that good?
>>
>>94180925
Yeah
>>
>>94180835
>>94180872

Robinson's JLA was wack as shit though.
If hes forced to use the same cast as Hitch, it might be okay.

Honestly I wouldn't mind someone out of left-field though. Like Hitch writing a JL book was an interesting choice considering how few writing credits he had under his belt previously, so I wouldn't mind seeing someone else who isn't in that classic writer mold (Robinson's been working pretty steadily since the 90s, and while his quality hasn't changed that much minus his previous JLA attempts, we could use some new blood in the works)
>>
Robinson's back after they changed Earth 2 into a batman book and he ragequit?
>>
>>94180925

It's pretty great, he's a good character writer. I don't trust his ability to handle a larger cast though.
>>
>>94180946

Yeah we were all really surprised too. But he's writing Wonder Woman next.
>>
>>94180925
It's alright

Fun but mediocre and a lot of narration
>>
>>94180946

Robinson is taking over Wonder Woman for a year starting in September (or October? not sure)

all his Marvel stuff is over or ending (Squadron Supreme was cancelled, Cable is renumbering and changing creatives for Legacy)
>>
>>94180939
Who would be left field? It's proballly going to be a big name since it'll be right after the movie comes out and they'll want to maximize the exposure.
>>
>>94180996

shit I forgot about the movie.

I just really want someone who hasn't been in the industry for 20 years to do it.
>>
>>94180939
Robinson's JLA also had a use a bunch of characters nobody cared about tho
>>
>>94180835
Jeff Parker.
>>
>>94180946
His issue is with the editor who he blames for Cry for Justice's shit quality and fucked up E2. So long as he doesn't have to work under him he's fine with DC.
>>
>>94181066

that would be pretty dope.
get Pelletier on art and have an Aquaman reunion.

I think John Arcudi would be cool on there too, but considering hes backing out of the Mignolaverse, he might not be interested in for hire work at the moment,.
>>
>>94180872
His problem is he peaked far too early with Starman. Nothing of his can really match it.
>>
>>94180939
Most of his JLA run had to tie into that Blackest Night event too, right?
>>
>>94180835
if snyder picks up jl then make mine cancelled.
>>
>>94180946
Working for Marvel was worse, apparently
>>
>>94181066
This

I can't think of anything Parker has done that is straight up bad.

JL would probably be the first if DC forced him to do shit he didn't want to do tho
>>
>>94181066
That would be GOAT. I really want Parker to start writing more books again.
>>
>>94181613
Isn't Parker just doing the Future Quest stuff.
>>
>>94181751
Yeah. I don't think he's working on anything else right now.
>>
I honestly love how Snyder always comes up as a potential JL writer. IIRC, he was the frontrunner guess for the new JL writer when Rebirth was announced and Johns was confirmed to be off the book.

Seems obvious he's just going to stick with Batman-related stuff, as it applies to the main DCU. Plus, *highly* doubt he'd want to do a biweekly.

Personal guess/hope? Al Ewing. He's a crappy seller at Marvel, sure, but imagine the Marvel->DC quality boost from him. He'd be an instant classic legend
>>
>>94180835
>James Robinson
>petting the dead cat INTENSIFIES
Seriously though, I don't even fucking know who should take over. My best option from current stable is Seeley unless DC is getting someone who's not currently working. I totally would love Justice League by Fiffe or Spurrier.
>>
File: A.D. - After Death v1-000.jpg (4MB, 2213x3056px) Image search: [Google]
A.D. - After Death v1-000.jpg
4MB, 2213x3056px
>>94181900
I wonder how good the chances are Snyder is co-writing Hawkman with Lemire. Since they're both busy writers.
>>
>>94180897
Welp, that probably means it's Humphries.

Who's taking over Green Lanterns?
>>
>>94182209
You posting that image reminds me how much I don't want Snyder to write capeshit anymore. Like fuck, After Death was the best thing Image released since Prophet and Nameless, I want Snyder to do more of that. He's become too self absorbed and indulgent to write the capeshit. Maybe his Challengers is good, maybe it's more of the same, I just really he would rather do more creator owned stuff.
>>
>>94182272
Seeley
>>
>>94182272
Seeley.
I actually don't know if Seeley is a good writer or /co/ memed me into thinking he's really good. Being honest I've only read his Grayson and Nightwing and I think King's way of writing challenged Seeley to write just as good.
>>
>>94182209
Lemire has good work ethic.
And IIRC for a while now, Lemire mostly releases things that he's already written quite a few issues for or is already done.
So like if there's 6 Lemire books out in a month, he's probably done with 1 or 2 of them and that's why it's out.
>>
>>94182393
Hack/Slash and Revival were good for a while until they just kept going and going and going
>>
>>94182562
>good for a while until they just kept going and going and going
Literally most of ongoing creator owned stuff desu.
>>
>>94182393
>>94182343
Isn't he already writing Nightwing and Hellblazer? Seems like a lot on his plate.
>>
>>94182632
Hellblazer is only one arc, and is 3-4 issues. It is probably cancelled
>>
>>94182632
That's like 3 issues a month since he has no other books

Anyway Nightwing will be going monthly eventually
>>
>>94182632
Hellblazer is only a few issue fill ins or whatever it is supposed to be.
>>
>>94182725
>It is probably cancelled
good
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.