[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Spiderman series coming through!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Best Spiderman series coming through!
>>
>>94177874
Get out of the way TAS I can't see Spectacular, the only good Spider-Man cartoon.
>>
>>94177924

Okay, Spectacular was pretty good too.
>>
>>94177874
The pacing was so fucking bizarre though. Everyone talked fast, it was always just one thought or word after another with no pause in-between, scene transitions were really abrupt.
>>
This show was really something. There never seemed to be a moment of silence or patience. Like they needed a show to keep the small attention span kids at all times. Then there was weird shit like Electro being Redskulls son, Carnage working for Dormmamu. And why the duck was Punisher of all people in the series? He doesn't belong on a kids program. And MJ had the worst flaky voice period.

And despite all that, it was and still is entertaining as all hell.
>>
File: honkhonk.gif (354KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
honkhonk.gif
354KB, 320x233px
Spectacular was great, but this will always be my favorite.

Not to mention it has the definitive version of Venom
>>
>>94178376
Like a 90's children anime dub, but with English as the native tongue.
>>
>>94177924
>the only good
>spectacular babbies in a nutshell
>>
>>94177874
Objectively the superior Spider-Man cartoon. Any baby that tells you that Spectacular is better you should immediately dismiss their claim. Spectacular had better production values and that is it. TAS had its fair share of problems, but had the best character voices and delivery for a show that had the budget of a bucket of chicken.
>>
>>94177874
>not "swinging by"

This is why 90's Spidey is always one step behind.
>>
File: I'll_Make_a_Man_Out_of_You.jpg (11KB, 452x270px) Image search: [Google]
I'll_Make_a_Man_Out_of_You.jpg
11KB, 452x270px
>>94177924
THAT"S IT. WE"RE GONNA HAVE A /co/ BATTLE. RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKER.

You 2008 fags bring out Spectacular and us 90s fags will bring out TAS.

I will fuck you up so badly that Uncle Ben's death will be retconned.
>>
Adult Peter > Teen Peter. Therefore TAS > Spectacular.
>>
>>94178412
Was Venom supposed to be a mix of really dark red and blue or was it some weird lighting that he head going on?
>>
>>94179906
I was really high the first time I noticed the fact that in every scene he was half red. As a kid I thought it was lighting in specific scenes, but no. He is consistently half blue half red.
>>
>>94178506
>>94178522
>>94179862
>all these sad and pathetic insults from the tas manbabies instead of any actual arguments
>>
>It's another 'Spectacular vs. TAS thread' where anons pretend to fight before realizing both shows are pretty good with their respective strengths and weaknesses

I am okay with these threads
>>
My friend gave me a stack of his Spidey books when I went to visit him in California, and it randomly had a pristine-condition animation cel of Spidey vs Venom.
>>
>>94177874
No one likes this other than "le 90s kids xd". Spectacular was better.
>>
>>94181232
Start us off then, son.
>>
>>94179862
Cool, I'll bring Ultimate Spiderman, I mean it's such a good show. Peter finally isn't a loner anymore and he-
>>
File: villain tiers.png (922KB, 762x1120px) Image search: [Google]
villain tiers.png
922KB, 762x1120px
Most villains from TAS were great tier or elder god tier, while most villains from Spectacular struggled to at least be high tier
>>
>>94178376
Changing character origins and interactions is just something that happens in adaptations. BTAS and other DC shows did it, too.
>>
>>94182080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA
>>
>>94182156
Maybe because one got 65 episodes to flesh out their villains while the other cut short in its prime.

Also,

SS GG > TAS GG

SS Electro > TAS Electro

SS Doc Ock > TAS Doc Ock (Zimbalist was the only notable thing about him)

SS Rhino > TAS Rhino
>>
File: Owned.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Owned.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>94182946
Where's your Kingpin? How about Alistair Smythe? Where was Silvermane and Wiles Marren? How about the young version of the Vulture?
>>
>>94177924
The art style wasn't appealing to look at in the least. Sure, the movement was smooth and the choreography was infinitely better, but the artwork made it look like Stick Figure fights.
TAS has the graphics going on and the better hand-drawn art style.

Now let's talk story.
While Spectacular much more creative and surrealistic forms of storytelling, it also becomes too unnatural and immature for its own good.
Venom and Spiderman fighting in a high school. Venom crashing into Jameson's office and simply saying "lol Peter Parker is Spiderman" and suddenly all the reporters believe the giant black oozing alien creature. Nobody is scared of the giant oozing monster and they actually talk to him and watch him beat up Spiderman upclose and Venom talks to them, like they're in a bully school fight. That's because the show is aimed at teenagers, so the fight isn't realistic in the least. It's exaggerated and ridiculouse, Popeye levels of unrealistic.

In the TAS Spiderman Venom/Eddie always keeps the drama between him and Spiderman/Peter and tells him in a subtle and mature manner that he's ready to attack his personal life, his family, his girlfriend. He tries to unmask him, but while fighting on a giant skyscraper away from everyone and only JJJ is on Venom's side to unmask Spiderman. Everyone is screaming in horror and intrigue like realistic people and not sadistic humour-driven teenagers.

The final confrontation is also much more interesting. In Spectacular they just fight like a bunch of school teenagers. In TAS they use the environment a lot and Peter formulates a plan involving a lot of chase sequences and sending Venom's symbiote into space.

In Spectacular, Peter simply lies and sweet talks to the symbiote that he wants her/it back and the symbiote is actually dumb enough to ditch Eddie and try to join with Peter, leaving itself vulnerable and ready to put into cement. Creative, sure. Dumb as fuck and highly unrealistic? Yes.
>>
>>94183741
But every single time he pulls that in the comic it works.
>>
>>94181341
>It's another 'Spectacular vs. TAS thread' where anons pretend to fight before agreeing that they both deserved their conclusions way more than Ultimate ever did
Is Ultimate's true redemptive feature that it can unite such bitter enemies against itself?
>>
>>94183741
Basically we're dealing with Saban's Peter Pan Vs. Peter Pan and the Pirates.

In one you have the villain who instantly goes berserk when he sees the hero and none of them touch each other without throwing a punch or a martial arts technique.

In the other one we have them drinking together, humoring each other, acting all buddy buddy, talking more than acting, going nowhere but circles.
>>
>>94183102
>Kingpin

See Tombstone, that's basically who he's standing in for. Though TAS did a pretty faithful version of 70s, pre-Daredevil Kingpin, I'd put him on par with Spectacular's Tombstone. They both had the deepest coolest black man voices ever.

>Alistair Smythe

90s Biomutant Smythe has and always will be the worst Spider Slayer. But unlike Spectacular they actually got a chance to do him and his father, even if making Kingpin the one funding him instead of JJJ ruins the concept and they did that dumb shit where his father lived and got stuffed into a cryogenic capsule by Fisk for like two years.

>Silvermane

He's Silver Sable's dad, did you watch the show? And he didn't turn into a talking fucking baby, unlike TAS.

>Miles Warren

Was only in TAS for five minutes and all he did was make a shit Hydroman clone and be a sequel hook for a next season that never happened, which puts him on a par with SS's season 3 Jackal.

>Young Vulture

Man fuck that shit, it was terrible in the comics and it was terrible here. All he did was end that season long Spidey turning into a Man-Spider story arc and when he came back he wasn't even partly spider mutant, even though he got the full spider DNA AIDS whammy.

You didn't even mention TAS' GOAT version of the Spot and the fact that they did fucking Rocket Racer AND the Big Wheel.
>>
>>94177924
You know, I just watched both back to back, and the only thing better about Spectacular was the love triangles. It was pretty much a soap opera. Other than that, I feel everything about the 90's one beat it. And it was my first time watching the 90's one, so my nostalgia goggles were on for spectacular.
>>
>>94183741
>That's because the show is aimed at teenagers, so the fight isn't realistic in the least. It's exaggerated and ridiculouse, Popeye levels of unrealistic.

No one could punch each other or break glass in the 90's show.

>The final confrontation is also much more interesting. In Spectacular they just fight like a bunch of school teenagers. In TAS they use the environment a lot and Peter formulates a plan involving a lot of chase sequences and sending Venom's symbiote into space.

Because the symbiote is a lot stronger in Spectacular. It can be weakened by vibrations or certain chemicals, as it was shown in the high school battle, but it can't be rid of until the mental link is broken.

That's why Peter relies on trickery to defeat it. The first time, the symbiote acts like a scorned lover, and as such, it really only wants to be back with its first love and went with Eddie to spite it. Peter used that to break the mental bond between the symbiote and Eddie. The second time, Peter has to use the gene cleanser to trick it off Eddie. It obviously did nothing to it, but it scared the symbiote enough to bail Eddie.

How the fuck is it unrealistic or dumb when it takes into account that it is a sentient being and uses that against it, instead of arbitrary and bland weaknesses to defeat it?
>>
>>94178135
THERE WAS NO TIME. WE'RE GOING TO SHOTGUN ALL OF CARNAGE'S ORIGIN IN 4 MINUTES. WE GOTTA GET TO THE CLONE SAGA IN 3 EPISODES!
>>
>>94182946
>SS Electro > TAS Electro

WHOA WHOA WHOA
>>
>>94185921
Did Electro even appear in TAS?
>>
>>94185921
SS Electro is the only well done sympathetic version of Electro, MTV's was bland and AS2's was a fucking joke. TAS Electro had almost nothing to do with any version of the character (he's Chameleon's brother AND the second Red Skull? And the first Red Skull is their father?) beyond the powers but I appreciate him for being the only one that is a legitimate end of the world tier supervillain threat. Weird decision but one that paid off.
>>
>>94185371
Punches I understand because it makes punchy guys fight with throwing techniques or kicks, but how does breaking glass affect anything? Just how characters get into buildings with less collateral damage.
>>
>>94177874
SPIDER BLOOD SPIDER BLOOD
RADIOACTIVE SPIDER BLOOD
>>
>>94186446
>Spider-Man bleeds on me
>I get cancer
Thanks
>>
>>94183741
>That's because the show is aimed at teenagers, so the fight isn't realistic in the least. It's exaggerated and ridiculouse, Popeye levels of unrealistic.
Have you watched Spider-Man TAS recently? And what audience do you think it was directed at?
>In Spectacular, Peter simply lies and sweet talks to the symbiote that he wants her/it back and the symbiote is actually dumb enough to ditch Eddie and try to join with Peter, leaving itself vulnerable and ready to put into cement.
Literally works every time it's used in the comics
>>
>couldn't punch
>awful art design, peter looks like a generic jock that would have bullied him and venom has a butt-head
>animation isn't even half as good as X-Men

what's there to talk about? it's pathetic. Just because it fast-reads through several comic arcs doesn't make it good.

I will give Barnes credit for his voice acting though.
>>
>>94182156
Switch high and shit tier.
>>
>>94177874
I like that spiderman is hunkier and not in highschool
>>
>>94186988
>>animation isn't even half as good as X-Men
Have you watched X-Men recently? specifically the god awful last season of that show where they couldn't even keep colors consistent between shots?
>>
The choreography was amazing in spectacular. It also didn't begin every commercial break with Spidey being kicked off a roof.
>I'm out of web fluid! Oh no!
>>
>>94188216
>Spider-Man shows up to fight the bad guy
>they hit him once
>Spider-Man is unconscious/defeated/etc.
>commercial break

Every time.

Reminds me of how when he first fought Hobgoblin, he barely did anything the whole encounter and then "Oh no, my web shooters are empty!"

You JUST got into the costume!
>>
File: Hobgoblin_Likes_Spy.jpg (131KB, 944x723px) Image search: [Google]
Hobgoblin_Likes_Spy.jpg
131KB, 944x723px
This show is the main reason Hobgoblin is my favorite Spider-man villain. I just loved how self interested he was, and less focused on dramatics like the Green Goblin. Yet at the same time he knew how to have fun with himself. Hamill's voice work was also on top. Right up there with his Joker.
>>
>>94188278
He forgot to refill them before fighting.
>>
>>94188549
He should really put in a way that lets him check how much fluid is remaining.
>>
>>94179906
He's half red and half blue in this show to explain why the Carnage symbiote has red on it. In the comics, the Carnage symbiote has red because it's actually just a black symbiote that mixed with Cletus Kasady's bloodstream, but they couldn't use that explanation in a kids' cartoon for obvious reasons.
>>
>>94188675
Can't they just say that Carnage's symbiote was just born that way?
>>
File: Logan vs Creed.gif (4MB, 320x177px) Image search: [Google]
Logan vs Creed.gif
4MB, 320x177px
>>94187658
yeah I have

show me one scene, one fucking scene from Spider-man TAS that looked as good as this
>>
>>94188781
I don't have anything since I don't horde videos and gifs, I do remember some pretty good Spidey VS. Venom scenes
>>
File: odo2bjjijraq1e5given.jpg (33KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
odo2bjjijraq1e5given.jpg
33KB, 620x470px
>>94177874
>when your "op has the best taste on /co/" sense sends you into a coma due to sensory overload
>>
>>94188989
>venom and spidey get in a hugging match because the censors had it out for spider-man

yeah great fight
>>
>>94189125
https://youtu.be/9g_szea88H4?t=41
>>
File: 1870636-madame_web_super.png (384KB, 494x375px) Image search: [Google]
1870636-madame_web_super.png
384KB, 494x375px
I AM MONITORING THIS THREAD
>>
>>94189274
The first season was actually pretty well put together. Its afterwards it goes to shit.
>>
>>94189448
Of X-Men? I agree but that last season was hot garbage
>>
File: Venom fight.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Venom fight.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>94177874
Not so fast, bucko!
>>
>>94189507
why did they go for such a muted color pallete?
with cartoony art styles it's better to exaggerate imo
>>94189274
eh, the animation is ok but not being allowed to hit each other just brings the whole thing down.
>>
>>94189497
Spider-man, but I think >>94189448
Can apply to both.
>>
>>94183102
Kingpin was proxy'd by Tombstone, Miles Warren was there but not in a prominent role, probably set up for season 3-4, Silvermane was there and appeared alongside Tombstone and Doc Ock in one of the best episode of the show. Thanks for proving you've never watched Spectacular.
>>
>>94189497
the X-Men finale was great, you don't know shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHqQ6Ag94XA
>>
>>94189563
>not being allowed to hit each other
>they kick each other several times
K
>>
>>94189590
The last episode was, the whole season leading up to it wasn't
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.