[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Robin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Who is the best or most interesting Robin

Dick Grayson
Jason Todd
Tim Drake
Damian Wayne
Duke

Give some examples for your on why your husbando is the greatest. All renditions of the characters are accepted.
>>
>>94177443
They are all terrible characters who only have fans because the fans want to fuck them.
>>
>>94177443
Tim Drake. All the others had Robin given to them. Tim had to earn it and prove his worth.
>>
>>94177524

I don't completely agree on them being terrible characters, but depending on the writer, they can be terrible characters.

So yeah mostly This.
>>
>>94177443
What's the point of this thread? Everyone going to say that their favorite Robin is the best and they won't be wrong about it because each one of them was good in their own way.
>>
>>94177443
There isnt really a solid answer to that, as they all suffer the same issue of every writer having a different take on them, so consistent characterisation is almost impossible. Take Damian for an example, in Nightwing he's a kid acting big to hide his insecurities, in Teen Titans he's a holier-than-thou dick and in his recent Gotham Academy appearance he's serious and uptight but with a heart of gold. And thats just in the last 1/2 a year or so.

Editorial really needs to step up and provide some consistentency to these characters.
>>
>>94177578

Didn't they all pretty much had to earn it through all their training, learning and building trust? Also despite how shitty Damian is being Robin wasn't just handed to him.

Or are you saying that Tim had to earn it even more than all of them?
>>
File: 1499732903467.jpg (151KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
1499732903467.jpg
151KB, 500x660px
>>94177443

Jason Todd.
>>
Damien is just Little Bruce, so not him.
>>
File: RCO020_w.jpg (366KB, 1008x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO020_w.jpg
366KB, 1008x1600px
>>94177635
Its their opinion yes. I just want to see why people like which Robin. I've constantly seen the division on why each Robin is liked or hated.

>>94177703
>Editorial really needs to step up and provide some consistentency to these characters

Doesn't DC have a writers summit for the Batman authors to lay out their ideas for the future of the Bat family? At that event they flesh out future books and arcs so it would somewhat consistent.

But having so many cooks in the kitchen is the problem I agree. The over saturation of a character leaves many interpretations of said character. Hence why we have Snyder's Batgod and Kings Autismo Batguy who poses naked in front of his fiancee to tell her a story about a crime war that already happened.
>>
File: 1496551647169.jpg (557KB, 729x990px) Image search: [Google]
1496551647169.jpg
557KB, 729x990px
>>94177443
If I had to pick, it's between Tim or Damian. Dick's usually more well known as the First Robin or Nightwing (I believe his time with the Titans is probably his famous "Robin" moment) and Jason became more well-liked after he died.
Tim got Bruce back on track after he went nuts when Jason died while Damian sorta inverted the "Sullen Batman, Happy Robin" theme as well as being the canon version of the various elseworlds where Bruce's kid ends up as Dick's Robin.
I lean more towards Tim considering he had his own comic series that ran for, like 100 issues and he hasn't been screwed up as poorly outside of the comics as Damian.
>>
>>94178042
>I just want to see why people like which Robin.

We've had a million of these threads.
>>
JASON
A
S
O
N
>>
>>94177443
I like Dick, Jason and Damian. I don't mind Duke and dislike Tim.

I'd really like a Robins book with Dick, Jason and Damian teaming up. This book would occasionally crossover with Batgirls, which would feature Oracle training Cass and Steph; written by Valentine.
>>
>>94177708
I assumed he meant Tim was the one where people were actually hesitant about letting a small boy be a vigilante.
But he was the best modern Robin simply because he occupied the job in the stable post-crisis years where the Batfamily had room to do their thing without getting caught up in too much editorial drama.
>>
>>94177443
This is a terrible idea for a thread.
I personally like Jason the most, but I don't know if one could say any of them is the best.

The best at what? If it's at physical agility, that could be Dick.
If it's at detective analysis, that could be Tim.
If it's at tactical though, that could be Damian.
If it's at fast thinking, will power and out of the box ideas, that could be Jason. He's the best at fucking up, too.
>>
>>94177578
>>94179550
Pre-Crisis Jason says hey. You know the first Robin who actually had to convince Batman to become his partner.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.