[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys think it will be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: mister-miracle-header.jpg (387KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
mister-miracle-header.jpg
387KB, 1400x700px
You guys think it will be good?
>>
>>94175557
I'm not too happy with what I have seen so far, so I don't think so.
But I hope that I'm wrong.
>>
>>94175557
I cant wait what a guy seemingly writing comics as a form of self therapy will come up with for Darkseid.
>>
>>94175557
I hope so.
>>
>>94175557
At least it will be a lot better than other rebirth titles.
>>
>>94175557
I'm pretty sure
Reactions have been great so far from those who read it
And DC has been hyping this much more than any recent miniseries I can remember - they obviously have a lot of faith in it
>>
>series opens with Miracle committing suicide because he's so depressed but HE ESCAPES WOW
I've lost all hope.
>>
I've read the first issue. This will be good
>>
>>94175976
a lot of people have said this so paradoxically it makes me concerned
>>
>>94175976
Same. I'm completely unfamiliar with New Gods stuff but I found it to be an accessible, taut thriller in the making. Still early days yet but it's a damn good debut issue, and Gerads' work has never been better
>>
>>94176020
>>94175976
how the fuck did you manage to read it?
>>
>>94176020
>I'm completely unfamiliar with New Gods stuff
Yeah, no shit. You did like this drivel after all.
>>
>>94176144
Not them...but if they're store owners they might get full issue previews ahead of time...I know the guys at my LCS do
>>
>>94176144
There's a lot of promotional issues out there. Seems like DC is trying to get people to check it out.
>>
>>94176144
I'm an artist in the industry who happens to know people who know King and Gerads

This too also happens; >>94176261
>>
>>94175831
Sauce?
>>
>>94175557
It'll be better than the vast majority of non-Kirby New Gods content there is.
>>
>casuals on /co/ all of a sudden pretending they're huge new gods fans and always have been
this is the biggest load of shit i have seen on this board
>>
King is a good writer. All the hate about his Batman run has been "NOT MUH BATMAN".
>>
It'll be great, but /co/ will nitpick the ever-living fuck out of it. I'll just avoid any threads about it once it's actually out.
>>
>>94176378
this is the only way to live
>>
>>94176341
The New Gods are mainstays of the DCU since the 80's. I'm sure even casuals who grew up on the cartoons are fond of Orion.
>>
King is autistic
>>
>>94176497
then /co/ should love him
>>
>>94176328
some retailers have read the first issue. cap my post.
>>
>>94176497
No, he's just depressed and suicidal
>>
>>94176324
who are you i wanna know
>>
>>94176754
Forgot his name, but I know his dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>94175680
>>94176607
The hell? Did the CIA fuck him up that badly?
>>
>>94177640
It seems like it's the kind of thing that would
>>
File: gJqN3xPZMg.png (22KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
gJqN3xPZMg.png
22KB, 520x390px
>>94175557
Yes. Also depressing.
>>
Worst thing that happened here is King wrote Batman, just like Snyder every thread about King is filled with autistic Batfags.
>>
>>94175557
Who knows?
It will have sexy art, that's for sure.
>>
>>94179751
I, as a Green Lantern fan, would welcome King as our new overlord.
>>
It will suck like all of the post-Kirby Fourth World comics with the exception of Simonson's work
>>
>>94177640
Read Sheriff of Babylon.
>>
>>94175557
Aside from the dialogue sometimes getting too autistic, it'll probably be pretty good. I'm mostly excited to see Gerads draw something that actually has bright and varying colors in it. The preview pages I've seen look better than anything gerads had done in Punisher or SoB, which both mainly just had black, white, brown and red, maybe an occasional dark green, or grey or dark orange or some shit. Seeing gerads do bright-ass yellow and pink and stuff is astonishing. I already liked his art a lot before this, but after MM ends, I'm hoping he becomes one of my favourite artists. With him being friends with both Shaner and Francavilla, and his shoddy-looking style being similar to that of Rossmo, I think he would fit right in among my other favourite artists.
>>
>>94180597
>No King Green Lantern where Hal goes on adventures while subtly philosophizing about faith.
>>
>>94180656
did you not like Final Crisis? best Darkseid since Kirby i reckon.
>>
What is so special about Kirby's run? I read his New Gods run and Hound Dogs recently and liked it but idk I just can't call it a groundbreaking thing. Why are people getting triggered over different takings? Death of the New Gods and Countdown is shit tho I admit.
>>
>>94175557
Not a chance in Apokolips.
>>
>>94176341
Nah see the casuals are the ones unfamiliar with the iconic mainstay of the medium and will suck King's dick because he's the author du jour. See>>94176020
>>
I hate King's Batman just because it will permanently shit up every conversation about his books with contrarian shitposting.

Grayson/Omega Men/Vision were good times with /co/
>>
File: new gods.jpg (1MB, 1280x1757px) Image search: [Google]
new gods.jpg
1MB, 1280x1757px
Love the Fourth World and love King and have read enough shitty Kirby imitators to be happy that King is doing his own thing.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.