[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 18

File: avatar total war.png (269KB, 301x377px) Image search: [Google]
269KB, 301x377px
Anybody else playing the game? I like the Fire Nation Campaign.
>>
I like the campaign where you invade the water tribe, kill all the men and enslave all the women and children.

Korra and Katara are currently chained up to my radiator right now.
>>
>>94174500
play as the air nation, get fuck over in the first turn
>>
>>94175351
Aang even said that they had no actual army.

If the game is played on the early 100 years war, maybe it could make sense that Earth and Water Kingdon can recite some special air nomads refugees as units.

Like mercenaries of the game.
>>
File: zsAX4UX.jpg (196KB, 772x589px) Image search: [Google]
zsAX4UX.jpg
196KB, 772x589px
>>94174555
That sounds more like something you could do in Crusader Kings 2 rather than a Total War game
>>
File: Wolf_armor.png (151KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_armor.png
151KB, 333x250px
>>94174500
Playing as Water Tribe right now. Underused faction; you get to make the Wolf Warriors early in the game and they are like the second best non bender unit, also you start with a shitty south pole, but if you invest in it:

>you conquer Kyoshi island for the sweet location and elite Kyoshi warrior units
>and if you get and rebuild the south air temple, you can have some air bisons units and monks
>>
>>94175351
The air nation consist mostly of high mobility elite units, and they do fine without upgraded settlements. If you are getting your ass handed to you it's because you are playing them wrong
>>
>>94174500
>Fire Nation Campaign
>Pre Order DLC Faction

You realize you are playing what was supposed to be an NPC faction the computer cheats to help win right? It was supposed to be a super hard endgame enemy for you to fight as literally anyone else and the only reason they're playable was from players bitching on the forums they wanted Fire Nation Pre-Order.

It's literally a broken faction.
>mfw Conquer everything with Kyoshi
>>
>>94178181
Not as broken if you not let them advance until they have tanks and dirigibles. You got to take opportunity, they start with very little territory.

>>94174500
So, which earth faction is better? Omashu or Ba-Sin-Se? I personaly am more fondly of Omashu because:

>beast trainers (get a badger mole)
>swamp benders
>mechanistic flying militia
>>
>>94178181
Do you know how to trigger the "Siege of the Northern Air Temple" event so i can start the production of Fire Nation airships?
>>
>>94178901
You can either conquer the North air temple, or wait for your nobles to give you the mission.

Once there start building the buildings of flight engine and invest in metallurgy. You will be able to unlock a new building (that you can build on any major city that you have) that produces airships.

Thing is, by the middle of the game it will likely belong to Omashu, and will be full of troops. It's hard to win the siege if you already doesn't have aerial units (which pretty much any other faction has, but not the FN).
>>
>>94178451
>mechanist
>for Omashu
It makes more sense for Ba-Sin-Se. Omashu gets to be the south of earth Kingdon, while Ba-sin-Se controls the north.
>>
>>94174500
Implying we don't have that already

Implying Archaon isn't the Avatar

MORTAL FOOL
>>
>>94174555
Go to bed, Spoony.

Wait, scratch that.

Get out of bed, Spoony -- and make a fucking video.
>>
File: 1465763487369.png (363KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465763487369.png
363KB, 720x480px
>>94178181
Firebenders got some of the best siege tech in the game, bro.
>MFW I show up to Ba-Sin-Se with 15 Mega drills and 3 Dragon guard and combustion assassin
Get rekt earth scrubs.
>>
File: 1501100677036.png (160KB, 451x334px) Image search: [Google]
1501100677036.png
160KB, 451x334px
>>94180027
>wasting all your economy JUST to get past the wall
>get fucked by the armies behind it, because you wasted all the money on fucking drills
>>
>>94180287
Really, it's so much better to just ignore Ba-Sin-Se until after you have taken everything else
>>
>>94180027
>Siege Ba Sing Se
>Doesn't ally and absorb them through join confederation
>Beef up wall defenses with Air and Water Benders
>Drink the salty Fire Nation tears when auto-resolve sees their armies broken on the wall
>>
File: 1499779720083.png (42KB, 732x486px) Image search: [Google]
1499779720083.png
42KB, 732x486px
This is a nice thread.

How many factions are on the game?
>>
>Be Earth Nation
>Unite all Earth Factions before turn 20 through diplomacy and conquest
>Regularly raid Fire Nation for extra money
>Use raid money to bribe Water tribes to being my vassals
>Wait for Fire Nation Invasion that should trigger at turn 90.
>4 Fire Nation Armires
>3 get wiped out by Water Tribe
>Only 1 reaches Ba Sing Se
I know the Fire Nation Siege was supposed to be hard but I didn't know how easy it would be to cripple them. Now it's just sad.
>>
>>94180541
3 as a base. 4 if you're a pre-order shill. Best Heroes for each faction are
>Air: Aang. Only one for now, but they promise more in later DLC
>Water: Arnook
>Earth: Suki
>Fire: Genral Iroh
>>
>>94180746
Fire Nation colonies?
Their army have very few benders in the early game, but gains access to earth and later water benders after gaining independence.
>>
File: 1479248373963.jpg (97KB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
1479248373963.jpg
97KB, 642x414px
The lore alright
>>
>>94180950
Those are locked unless you have a leader with the
>Colonist
Trait
>>
File: Fire nation's street, yo.jpg (34KB, 503x406px) Image search: [Google]
Fire nation's street, yo.jpg
34KB, 503x406px
>>94180486
>Autoresolves capital battles
Check out this peasant, everyone

>>94180287
Really the drills take out most units which are sitting on top of the wall, Dragon Guard are an elite force and combustion man can solo 3 regiments if you've upgraded him properly (sparky-sparky boom-boom perk is ESSENTIAL)
Plus my general is Azula, and her army bonuses are pretty good.
>>
File: avatar world.jpg (4MB, 5400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
4MB, 5400x3600px
>>94180541
As anon said 3 >>94180746 that would be:

>Water Tribes: good meelee units, but shitty locations (apart from the South, but you start with a shitty village in the south), and water bender troops arent very effective far away from the coast or a river. Can be OP if you play it right.

>Fire Nation: Overral good, almost unstopable on the late game if you let them get the mechanist, also the units are usually very expensive and the cavalary is shitty.

>Ba-Sin-Se: Core Earth Kingdom, solid walls, can spam the armies with militias, strong cavalary with ostrich-horses, kind of shitty on late game because there isnt much else besides baloons, the centipe tank and Dai Li (these last one is kind of OP but expensive)

If you pre-ordered it there is also
>Omashu: South Earth Kingdom, mostly a mixed bag with regular earth bender troops mixed with things like sabdbenders, swampbenders and freedom fighters.

There is also an expansion with surviving airbenders >>94178046

>>94180950
That is the Korra mod that anon was working on.
>>
Came back after a break.

The fuck is this and why can't I blow it up?
>>
>>94181018
I normally don't. But when the odds are so much in my favor I can't even see the enemey's chance of victory, it's no point. Half the battle will be me wasting time chasing their skirmishers with my cavalry.
>>
>>94181018
>using Azula
>Not maining Ozai
And you call me peasant.
>>
>>94181018
There is a reason for why people usualy let Ba sin Se to the end. Even with a drill you will need at least 6 turns to make it throught the first wall, and if you didnt defeat Omashu, they will drop ANYTHING that they are doing to go after you too.
>>
>>94181153
Best cavalary of the game right her

>Troop of firebenders coming at you
>run on their direction
>they put lancers in front of the fire benders
>jump over the fucking lancers and keep going like nothing happened

>>94181018
sparky-sparky boom-boom man still had 10% of blowing up if he is attacked by enemies. Not worth of the money besides for siege.
>>
File: Armored_ostrich_horses.png (119KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Armored_ostrich_horses.png
119KB, 333x250px
>>94181343
Ops, forgot pic.

Elite Ostrich Horse riders.
>>
>>94181092
Is there a korra Mod too?
>>
>>94181418
There are, but its full of bugs.
>>
>>94181451
But the Atla mod is working well?
>>
>>94177538
John Roger, so great he had sex with himself to birth himself
>>
>he hasnt upgraded his Earth Kingdom to lavabending
its like asking to get your ass toasted by the Fire Nation
>>
>>94181666
>Playing the shitty Korra mod
>"suddenly everyone can lavabend"
>>
>>94181713
Tbh even if you ignore the constant lore rape Korra mods balance is still all over the place.
>equalist rebels can randomly spawn and start permanently eliminate your benders
>they also have access to high tier units like mechs and planes because why not
>earth kingdom sucks balls unless you get a civil war event and manage to reorganize it into earth empire, then you can start spaming mechs like nobody's business
>still no fire nation outside of one shitty mercenary naval unit for republic
>random spirit invasion events everywhere 'cuz why not
>if you play republic you're forced to use your resources to support air monastery that produces nothing but lazy pacifists and angry old men
>remember those talents like metal or lighting bending that used to be reserved for late game hero units? now basically all bender units can use them
>>
>>94181713
The lavabend upgrade costs a shitton of tech points, IT BETTER have everyone and their mother lavabending for the price.
>>
>>94182423
It should only be a skill for high level generals and agents.
That or it should be like lightning bending where early game it's only special characters who can do it, but later you can get a unit that have a weaker version of it.
>>
File: great uniter sex hair.png (2MB, 1442x1080px) Image search: [Google]
great uniter sex hair.png
2MB, 1442x1080px
>>94178181
Playing fire nation is like playing Akuma in Street Fighter.

>Not starting with glorious swampbenders
>midtier attack, god tier defense
>aggro earth kingdom early, draw them into attacking
>saidthespiderhawktothebumblefly.jpg
>earth kingdom gets shrekt
>get outta my swamp
>occupy now poorly defended earth kingdom, turtle up and push tech until you get a special bender event
>midgame means bismarking your allies and enemies into warring with each other
>use your tree intel to show huge portions of the map
>knowing is half the battle
>the other half is kung fu magic
>you sit in the middle, too small to be a threat, too big to just roll over, and nobody wants to to invade jungle switzerland
>since you have both water and earth kingdom areas, you now can get blood bending, metal bending, or even lava bending (though ive only gotten that once, shit was cash)
>late game
depending on what special units you are now feverishly pumping out, decide who your first target for mass annexati- liberation will be
>blood benders: wreck what remaining air temples are left, start producing bison riders to ferry your blood bending abominations across the lands
>metal benders: "fire nation tanks are OP." yeah, not when you are flipping them onto nearby infantry or crushing them like an empty beer can on your head you metal bending frat clausewitz
>lava benders: earth kingdom curbstomp pt. 2: devil went down to ba sing se. Melt your way through the wall literally anywhere, probably my favorite battle ever. if you auto-resolve a lot (you immense faggot) do yourself a favor, dont skip this one. proceed to decimate your way across the earth kingdom. at this point if you cant strong arm your way across the rest of the map, i cant help you.
>>
>>94181343
>>94181381
Cannot for the life of me get my O cavalry to do that. Maybe mine is bugged or maybe I suck. 50/50
>>
>>94183836
Tier 2 Cavalry doesn't do that. You need to build in a provincial capital, because those you can upgrade to Tier 5 cities. Villages only go to Tier 3, and the Stables with the super Cavalry only come in Tier 4
>>
>>94181071
Dude, Fire nation was the Pre-Order. Omashu was day one Free-LC for all players
>>
>>94183054
None of that stops the Turn 90 trigger when a Fire Nation invasion force pops up lead by Ozai that is hostile to everyone, even your Fire Nation. Even if you're playing Ozai.

Like I said, broken faction.

I think the devs just copypasted the code for the Chaos invasion from Warhammer Total War and just replaced all mention of 'Chaos' with 'Fire Nation'
>>
Legend of Korra has the best factions and gameplay but the worst conclusion for the lore
>Everyone loves Kuvira before release because shes literally restoring the Earth Nation to glory, but in campaign she's pants on head stupid attacking Republic City with a giant robot
>Republic City/Colonies finally gives a fifth unique faction the game
>Rebel events in every faction mean you don't just put down AI armies when happiness gets low (Red lotus are bullshit though, their agents don't even die/desert if you retake Ba Sing Se from the rebels. I don't care it more accurately reflects rebel in real life, I fucking hate agents)
>Spirit attacks make religious improvements and religious agents important for things besides raising happiness so you can tax provinces more.
>Corporations makes inter-faction trade and diplomacy interesting as long as you don't get tricked by Varrick Enterprises.

Who the fuck thought making a campaign centered around ONE FUCKING AGENT would be cool, even if it is the current era's Avatar? I haven't even finished the story campaign, and I'm just waiting for the Wan: First Avatar expansion.
>>
>>94184922
>Playing the mini-campaigns
Anon, those always suck. They've sucked since Shogun.

Stick with World Campaign for everything.
>>
>>94184922
Do we have any news for the Wan: First Avatar expansion?
>>
>>94185611
New Faction: Spirits. Literally just the spirits units, agents, plus normal human militia units for numbers. Everyone is hostile to you when you play them, and they are always hostile to you if you don't play them. Total dicks, and they have no currency/resources, but you can loot tons of spirit artifacts from them

Tribes feature: You can incorporate non-aligned human factions via diplomacy, even if you don't share the same faction type. Not actually a new feature, you can just confederate way, way faster without paying gold or doing marriages.

Map: Very different, lots more islands, and the Earth Nation continent isn't one unified continent in this era. Apparently millennia of war, and huge Avatar events completely reshaped the world in between the time of the Wan and ATLA campaigns. The world campaign was supposed to let you even "sink" or "raise" certain parts of the map for custom games to reflect how much bending can fuck the world, but the devs chickened out and just let you pick only three pre-set variations of the map in different eras.
>>
>>94177538
>>94181009
CK2 is a true patrician's game
>>
Redpill me on how bending units work.
>>
>>94186885
MICRO
I R
C C
R I
ORCIM
>>
>>94186885
The highest is the experience of your bender unit, the more things they can do.

Mid advanced earth bender units can make a moving wall that protects units for example.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.