[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your dream Avengers lineup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: avengers-marvel-34.jpg (230KB, 590x290px) Image search: [Google]
avengers-marvel-34.jpg
230KB, 590x290px
Hey True Believers, we're due for another reboot of the line, so Marvel wants you to pitch them your best Avengers line ups for the Post-Secret Empire era. You're not gonna let them down are you?

> Post line ups
> Post your first story arc if you're feeling bold enough to open yourself up to more criticism
>>
Not sure what my ideal team would be but throwing some incomplete ideas out there...

Avengers
> Steve Rogers / Captain America (non hydra)
> Thor - God of Thunder (worthy)
> Hyperion (hickman's version)
> Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch

Mighty Avengers
> Ares - God of War
> Zarda / Power Princess (jms version)
> Lady Hellbender

Secret Avengers
> Monica Rambeau
> Valkyrie
> Alexander / Phobos - God of Fear
> Shadow Woman
> Aarkus The Vision
>>
>>94171811
Kicking things off

Line Up

> Captain America
> Thor
> Vision
> Scarlet Witch
> Ant-Man
> Ares
> Hyperion

After the events of Secret Empire, a vindicated Captain America carries the weight and burden of the atrocities he caused whilst under the corruption of the Kubik's and Hydra's machinations. Knowing however unwittingly that he has betrayed both the people he sort to protect and his greatest friends and allies, Steve Rogers set about reassembling a team of Avengers in his quest for redemption. Joined by a mixture of heroes who are all are looking to satisfy a need for atonement for their own misdeeds or looking to avenge a world that was wronged, Captain America sets his sights on his first target, his friend and founding Avenger, Hank Pym now under the influence of Ultron. Together the Avengers are going to save their friend, or die trying.

So yeah evidently everyone in this team has some kind of redemption arc going for them. Cap after Secret Empire, Wanda for the House of M etc, Vision after going bad, failing his family etc, Thor for not standing up to Hydra but also seeking what it means to be worthy. Ant-Man is pretty obvious but he'll actually act as the heart of the team and the comic relief, the one who spurs Cap. Ares is looking for vengeance and Hyperion is there to be the greatest hero he can be after failing his world. Obviously it'll start as a very dysfunctional team looking to figure out how to be a family and the world's greatest heroes once again.

Later arcs would deal with Cap and Ares hunting down Gorgon, and the rest of Hydra's remnants. A showdown with Chthon and the return of the Sentry; still corrupted by the Death Seed.

What do you think guys?
>>
File: The Avengers.jpg (974KB, 3358x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Avengers.jpg
974KB, 3358x648px
Kicking things off

Line Up

> Captain America
> Thor
> Vision
> Scarlet Witch
> Ant-Man
> Ares
> Hyperion

After the events of Secret Empire, a vindicated Captain America carries the weight and burden of the atrocities he caused whilst under the corruption of the Kubik's and Hydra's machinations. Knowing however unwittingly that he has betrayed both the people he sort to protect and his greatest friends and allies, Steve Rogers set about reassembling a team of Avengers in his quest for redemption. Joined by a mixture of heroes who are all are looking to satisfy a need for atonement for their own misdeeds or looking to avenge a world that was wronged, Captain America sets his sights on his first target, his friend and founding Avenger, Hank Pym now under the influence of Ultron. Together the Avengers are going to save their friend, or die trying.

So yeah evidently everyone in this team has some kind of redemption arc going for them. Cap after Secret Empire, Wanda for the House of M etc, Vision after going bad, failing his family etc, Thor for not standing up to Hydra but also seeking what it means to be worthy. Ant-Man is pretty obvious but he'll actually act as the heart of the team and the comic relief, the one who spurs Cap. Ares is looking for vengeance and Hyperion is there to be the greatest hero he can be after failing his world. Obviously it'll start as a very dysfunctional team looking to figure out how to be a family and the world's greatest heroes once again.

Later arcs would deal with Cap and Ares hunting down Gorgon, and the rest of Hydra's remnants. A showdown with Chthon and the return of the Sentry; still corrupted by the Death Seed.

What do you think guys?
>>
>>94171811
>Captain America
>Thor
>She Hulk
>Nova (Sam)
>Antman

First storyline is the return of Graviton, enhanced by technology by Arnim Zola. Zola attempts to learn more about Nova in a bid to combine human genetics with with cosmic power.

Jesus Christ Captcha, I picked the signs 20 fucking times.
>>
>>94171811
Cap
Ironman
Sif
Quicksilver
Nova
Vision
Namor

DC is so influential in team dynamics
>>
>>94172233
I genuinely fucking like this alot. Had a similar idea a while back of Cap, Thor, Vision, Wanda & Hyperion making up a new Thunderbolts for redemption after Secret Empire (and hyperion killing namor) but yours is more thought out then mine.
>>
>>94172405
Was yours that American Thunderbolts idea? Because that is what prompted this in part, but I kinda decided I'd rather have them still be Avengers and I kinda your idea and ran with it because this team has the sembalance of a classic avengers line up, but also post SE there is a lot to work with with regards to the classic ensamble of Cap/Thor/Vision/SW after the betrayals in SE but also the way in which what was once a family has fracture as Pym brought up in SE. Also expanded on it because 1) I love Pymtron but think he definitely needs an arc around saving him, and it ties in nicely with the themes of redemption. 2) it was an easy route to bringing in Ant-Man because he's got that immediate connection to Hank especially considering after what happened in SE #4 and also he's an easy paragon for how heroes can always be looking to atone for their past sins. and 3) Ares is in here because he's fucking awesome and needs more love and also has some convenient connections to Hydra, to Thor and his mythos but also to the Sentry who I'd want to be the big bad after like 24 issues etc.

So thanks I guess aha?
>>
>Defengers

>Doctor Strange
>Namor
>Black Panther
>Hulk
>Spider-Man (Peter)
>Thor (Odinson)
>Captain Marvel (Carol)
>>
To me, the appeal of the Avengers is that it WASN'T just all the most popular characters. That's yet another thing Bendis ruined.

Remember, originally the point of Avengers was to put characters that didn't have their own book together: Iron Man from Tales of Suspense, Thor from Journey into Mystery, Ant-Man and Wasp from Tales to Astonish, and Hulk who was cancelled. Cap was added later but at the time he was a Golden Age character that hadn't been seen in over a decade.

So look at all the best Avengers runs: Lee/Heck with the "Kooky Quartet", Roy Thomas with Giant-Man, Vision and Black Panther added, West Coast with Wonder Man and Tigra, and Busiek/Perez with the massive team of mostly more obscure characters. And all of these also featured lots of guest stars of less popular characters.

The Avengers shouldn't be the JLA.

If I was to make a team, it'd be:
>Falcon
>Valkyrie
>Rhodey when he inevitably comes back
>Scott Lang
>Stature
>She-Hulk
>Vision
>Scarlet Witch
>Clint Barton

All characters who currently don't have their own book or are soon not to.

Now, retards and moviefags will be quick to shout MUH MINORITIES but these are all fan-favorite characters with long histories, and none of them are "stealing" their names from the original Avengers.

And of course this book would sell like shit because moviefags just want to see the same shit that's in the movies.

Also I would add Dr. Strange to the Ultimates to complete the Phase 4/Infinity Gauntlet movie pandering.
>>
>all these long posts

All trash. You only needed to say one word.

Busiek.,
>>
>>94172597
>Was yours that American Thunderbolts idea?
Yep!
>So thanks I guess aha?
No problem, thanks for liking the concept enough to expand on it.

Hope Marvel gives us something like this to contrast the diversity ANAD books.
>>
Captain America (Steve)

Iron Man

Ms. Marvel (Kamala)

Black Panther

Vision

Spider-Man (Peter)

Namor
>>
>>94172963
Spider-man feels like the odd one out here, but then again, comic relief?

>>94172353
Except beyond broad archtypes none of them have the same dynamics that the JLA benefit from? Unless that's the joke?

>>94172350
I like this idea. Graviton needs utilised more.

>>94174666
Namor's popped up a few times, why?

>>94172233
This is an awesome line up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.