[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just an SJW meme or is it really shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0168.jpg (282KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
282KB, 960x1440px
Is it just an SJW meme or is it really shit
>>
its better than JJ but worse than everything else for different reasons than sjw's think
>>
>>94167903
It's not as good as Daredevil or Luke Cage (I haven't seen JJ so I can't compare it to that). But it's still a good show, I enjoyed watching it. There are some parts that are cringe worthy tho
>>
>>94167903
fighting coreography is bad which for a kung fu super hero show is really important
>>
>>94167903
it was just boring, i struggled with hearing the same shit episode after episode. secondary characters weren't all likable enough to give a shit about all their side stories. danny was weak as fuck for someone who beat a dragon.
>>
File: iron fist.png (38KB, 767x266px) Image search: [Google]
iron fist.png
38KB, 767x266px
>>94167925
>our guy sucks at fighting, what do
>hey maybe give him a mask and get a double to do the fighting
>naaaaah
Is there a bigger dissonance between critics and viewers on RT?
>>
>>94167903
It has the guy who ruined Dexter as the showrunner.
>>
It's not bad, better than Jessica Jones and Daredevil season two. It's just not what it should be.
>>
>>94167903
It's really shit. The race stuff is the least of its worries.
>>
>>94168171
and the guy who is going to put the final bullet in the Inhumans push.
>>
>>94167903

It's shit, Scott Just Buck My Shit Up has done it again.

>>94167961

Yes, I'm sure that rating was given honestly and not by people trying to stick it to le SJW menace.

>inb4 U CAN'T PROVE IT FAGGOT

Whatever.
>>
>>94167925
yup, really fucking bad.

and I should know, because martial arts fighting is my fetish.
>>
>>94168324
Untrue. It was the worst of the defenders by far.

Crap fights, unclear character motivation, cringe dialogue and bad special effects.

They did nothing well.
>>
this show made me paranoid. the Hand was everywhere.
>>
>>94168681
You're describing Jessica Jones
>>
File: ayatollah-khomeini-sean-connery.jpg (60KB, 380x244px) Image search: [Google]
ayatollah-khomeini-sean-connery.jpg
60KB, 380x244px
>>94167903
I read that "IRAN FIRST" in the thumbnail
>>
Official power Ranking

>DDS1
>LK = JJ
>DDS2
>Twin Peaks S2
>
>
>
>That one friend who is vegan, went backpacking in east Asia and tells everyone
>
>
>
>Iron Fist
>>
>>94168752
Maybe, but at least Jessica Jones actually had a plot
>>
>>94167917
>>94168324

Whoa, we hate Jessica Jones? I liked it quite a lot and was under the impression the overall opinion was positive.

Is it a /pol/ thing?
>>
It's worth watching for Ward
>>
If you liked the other three netflix shows there's no reason not to like Ironfist. It has the same problems (overpadded story, some bad acting), but there are some good fights (the early ones are janky but the fight with the drunken master in ep 8 owns) and Colleen Wing is the hottest female lead... the casting thing is a stupid non issue SJW bandwagon.
>>
Eh
>>
>>94168862
>whoa we hate Jessica Jones

How about forming your own opinion you zygot?

But also yes, JJ is terrible.

>under the impression it was positive.
Naw the media hyped JJ up like no tomorrow, but it ended up coming dead last with views. That's why iron fist is getting a second season, but JJ is not.

And before you ask:
>why is JJ bad?
Several reasons. First it has a huge subtly problem. Either the writers are idiots, or the writers treat their fans like idiots. A great example is the episode where KillGrave buys JJ old house. Let me take you through it.

We see him gather up the money at a poker game, mind controlling everyone to obtain it, yet when he goes to buy the house, he doesn't do any mind control, instead buying it legitimatly.
>this suggests that the owner is special, or the house is special.

Ff to the end of the episode. We see JJ drinking alone in a corner, repeating the names of her old streets to calm her down. The scene fade cuts to KillGrave and the house.
>this Implies a connection to JJ. Audiences should be aware that something is off
KillGrave walks around the house. The owner thanks him and try's to talk to him, but KillGrave mind controls him to leave.
>the person is no longer special. Which means the house is special, combined with the fade cut its obvious that they are implying the house probably belonged to JJ, or she lived there at some point.
KillGrave carefully walks around, then pulls back wallpaper to reveal names, one with the word Jessica.

It's a good reveal, we've built up to it. Then they fuck it up by pulling out to the street names JUST IN CASE no one got that Jessica's name on the wall meant she lived there as a child.

No subtly. There are others problems as well such as Jessica being a piece of shit causing most of her own problems, the writing being terrible etc etc

>also iron fist was alright. Good, but not great.
>>
>>94168862
>/co/ is one person
>le /pol/ boogeyman meme
Stop shitting up the board. If you liked it, then good for you. Some people don't. This isn't Reddit, so we don't silence ourselves when we think a show is shit just because it has a female/black/muslim/trans/gay protagonist
>>
>>94167903
He doesn't use his iconic costume. The fuck is the point of superhero shows without the superhero costumes?
>>
>>94167903
It's ok, the SJW complaints are flat out wrong, it's not great for other reasons.

For instance the only really good episodes are the last 2 and I think this is a problem with Netflix having shows designed for binge watching instead of having episodes that can stand on their own.

Luke Cage has this problem with the first two episodes, and DD had this problem in the second season as well.

JJ had this problem throughout the entire show and it's easily the worst of the 4 because of it, there isn't a single good episode, only snippets of good parts.
>>
>>94169082
Just gonna point out that JJ is getting a second season. It's currently filming in fact.
>>
It's about the same quality as Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, they just frontloaded the shitty episodes instead of backloading them.
>>
>>94168974
>drunken master in episode 8
Man, where's that guy's Netflix show? He was the shit. Seriously, make him Jackie Chan's character in a Drunken Master TV series or something. I need more of him.
>>
>>94167903
Yeah it's quite bad. I was enjoying it a few episodes in when the concept of someone who had mastered kung fu to the point of it being a superpower returning home and finding that all that matters is proving he really is the son of a rich guy still seemed like something they could have a lot of fun with. It pretty much went nowhere though, and all you're left with is a generic plot, a bitch boy protagonist, and terrible action scenes.

Especially the bitch boy protagonist just kills this show

>won't shut the fuck up about K'un L'un
>acts like he expects everyone to know what he's talking about
>the 2 characters who actually know what he's talking about are all "yeah, you mean that place it's your sacred duty to guard?"
>lol fuck off, I don't need to guard shit, it'll be fine
>hey guys I'm going back to K'un L'un, come on, I'll show you what an awesome pla-
>oh shit it's gone
>guess I maybe shoulda been guarding it
>>
>>94167903
It was just disappointing for me. It's a show about a martial artist, yet the choreography is dull as shit. Completely unacceptable, especially when we have guys like Yen, Adkins, Uwais, and Tony Jaa running around
>>
>>94169147
Funny story he initially auditioned for the role of Iron Fist.

Honestly sjw shit aside I'd have been cool with it.
>>
File: download (11).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>94167925
This. How the hell do you hire the RZA to direct some eps and your kung fu show still fucking sucks? The RZA shoulda had Danny fighting 100 ninjas with fire breathing dragon heads for hands or some stupid awesome shit.
>>
>>94169194
The people crying that Iron Fist should be asian had clearly never read the comics. Being a rich white guy is a key element of the character and his place among his circle of friends.

However, this was a kung fu show and priority #1 should've been making the kung fu good. An actor with the right kind of experience and skills should have been chosen, and if that guy's asian so be it.
>>
>>94169283
It's like wanting Tarzan to be an African.
>>
>>94168862
>>94169082
>>94169106

>JJ is getting a second season.
Didn't know. Also oh god here we go again.

Another thing to add on btw with the subtly is KillGrave not being able to control Jessica. It's obvious from the start that he isn't. from the first flashback we see her walk away even after KillGrave calls her, this combined with other things, like how KillGrave doesn't try and command her to stop when she attacks him, but rather throws people at Jessica makes it really obvious that she's immune.

Yet they still reveal it at the end like its this big thing, even having a flashback scene TO A SCENE THAT TOO PLACE IN THE SAME EPISODE (or just the last) showing us AGAIN that she's immune! Its dumb writing.

Beyond that here's a small list of what's wrong as well:
>JJ powers aren't consitant. Sometimes she can take multiple tasers to the fucking face, enough to kill her and the walk it off after. Or can be pushed through walls. But can't take a board to the head.
>sometimes she can fight off tons of guys easily, sometimes she can't stop two.

>a lot of her problems stem from the fact that she doesn't help the people around her and then it bites her in the ass. She then complains about it.

>they ruined Nuke. Oh and stole him from DD.

>JJ doesn't have two villains and KillGrave is honestly boring as a Villian. Not even tenants best acting.

Etc etc.
>>
>>94169231

>How the hell do you hire the RZA to direct some eps and your kung fu show still fucking sucks?

Man With The Iron Fists was pretty bad famalam.
>>
>>94169344
This.
>>
File: Ghost Rider Cage.jpg (16KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider Cage.jpg
16KB, 460x276px
>>94169344
Enthusiasm for a genre should never be confused with having skill at creating genre material.
>>
>>94169344
Still should have been awesome shit instead of boring shit. I swear they musta saw that movie and tightened The RZA's leash.
>>
File: 1496068812206.jpg (54KB, 381x431px) Image search: [Google]
1496068812206.jpg
54KB, 381x431px
>>94167961
>Rotten Tomatoes scores
>>
>>94169082
I'm not gonna say you're wrong, but that's a retarded example.

Killgrave buying Jessica's childhood home wasn't the reveal. It was particularly skeezy, but not the huge thing.
The big DUN DUN DUNNNN was the fact that the street names were what Jessica was reciting.
The idea wasn't that Killgrave bought Jessica's childhood home, which is gross and invasive, but not particularly malicious in itself, it's that Killgrave invaded and in turn ruined Jessica's one source of emotional strength.
So that scene was perfectly fine as it was.
>>
>>94169386

He had the visual style down better then I expected, but the actual fights were pretty bad and the RZA is one of the worst actors I've ever seen.

>>94169416

>Still should have been awesome shit instead of boring shit. I swear they musta saw that movie and tightened The RZA's leash.

That's not how TV direction works. There's a pre-established visual playbook you cone in with and you stick to it. Even when an A-list director comes in(like Tarantino when he directed that CSI finale) they only put some of their own personal tics in.

If the first episode looks like shit, every episode afterwords will because the playbook has been written for that show. You direct an episode of TV in maybe...9 days? On average, you literally don't have time to do anything else but what you're given.

They could have gotten Yuen Woo Ping in to direct that episode and it still would have looked bad. Now they could change it up for Season 2, because visual changes from one season to another are more common, but not episode-to-episode.
>>
>>94168862
I'm in the middle of a rewatch of Jessica Jones right now, doing all the shows before the Defenders, and I still think it's the weakest of the bunch, even if I'm not sure if I'm just watching it wrong or if it's genuinely bad. As an example, I just watched the episode where she's determined to go hide away in a Supermax as if he couldn't just control the guards to get in or kill all of her friends on the outside or whatever. Everyone telling her that it's a bad idea not making any sort of impact just makes her look like an idiot, too, especially when her plan predictably explodes in her face. I'm really dreading the Sin Bin/1000 Cuts episodes, I remember being really annoyed by how they play out and how, like other moments/episodes, they end up feeling like just an excuse to prolong the series/season because they had to fill 13 episodes.

Speaking of those episodes, why does the show expect me to care about Hogarth's relationship/affair when it's hardly related to what's going on, at least, until the 1000 Cuts episode. It just feels so out of place half the time.
>>
>>94167903
Boring as hell and it's nothing to do with SJW memes. The actor they got for Danny and the writing for him was ridiculously obnoxious which made it really hard to sit through. Martial arts choreography/editing was terrible which is a pretty big deal for a martial arts show (it had only around 2 good fight scenes). It has the worst appearance of Claire by far to the point that she actually feels shoe-horned to the detriment of the plot. Davos is great and would make a fine villain for Season 2. Ward is best boy.

>>94167917
JJ might have had choppy pacing but Jessica and Kilgrave carried the entire show enough to make it far more enjoyable.
>>
>>94167925

It gets a little better as the series progresses, but it is PAINFULLY bad near the beginning of the show.
>>
>>94168543

When you put it that way I find myself almost ready to forgive him for those last few seasons of Dexter.
>>
>>94169332
>and KillGrave is honestly boring as a Villian. Not even tenants best acting.
Thank you, based anon. So hard to find someone who agrees with me on this. I'd also add that he's one of the least intimidating Netflix villains despite his powers and sociopathy.
>>
>>94168905

Yeah, Ward was rather unexpectedly the most interesting character in the show. Which isn't to say that he's great or anything, but he does manage to outshine the rest of the cast by the end of the season. A complex and conflicted character, which is always nice in shows which are too often black and white in their morality.
>>
>>94169514
>why does the show expect me to care about Hogarth's relationship/affair when it's hardly related to what's going on
I feel like it was to show just how shittily flawed Jessica's entire cast was. The same way that Jessica's neighbor Malcolm is a druggie that worked for Kilgrave, or how Trish meant well but forced retarded decisions on Jessica, or how Simpson/Nuke was a gung-ho ex-military killing nut; Hogarth's deal was that she was Jessica's shady employer that had as much filth on her as everyone else despite "clean" appearances. The problem was, it didn't tie into the Kilgrave/Jessica plot as neatly as the others did.
>>
>>94169648
are you describing Iron Fist or Agents of SHIELD
>>
>>94169097

I remember the writer saying something to the effect of "There was nothing in the story we could use to justify the wearing of the mask or costume." MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE THE WRITER. YOU CAN *CREATE* A REASON. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DOES THAT SORT OF THING.

I mean for fuck's sakes, there was that film of that 1940s Iron Fist mid-way through the season. Show him wearing the mask. Establish it as part of the legacy of the character. Have Danny don it when shit gets serious. Easy-peasy.
>>
>>94169082
This is a reeeeeally autistic complaint.

You couldn't have gone with something more common like "Jessica is an unlikable protagonist" or more legit like how the plot of the season is Killgrave being kidnapped and escaping over and over like three different times?
>>
>>94169648

>Yeah, Ward was rather unexpectedly the most interesting character in the show

I mean that guy is a great actor, has been since Banshee where he took what could have been an absurd caricature and made him human.

I just don't know why half the running time of Iron Fist is devoted to him. I think Buck had an idea for a House of Cards/Bloodline-esque show about a family business conglomerate and tried to sneak it into his Marvel deal.
>>
>>94169674
>Establish it as part of the legacy of the character.
That...that actually makes sense. Similar to how in "The Phantom" comic strips, they established that the reason the Phantoms wore a costume, is so that when the previous Phantom died in the line of duty or retired, his successor (always his son), would simply wear the costume and become the new Phantom and appear again. which gave birth to and fueled the whole mythology that the Phantom was immortal. This is actually one of the cool things about the character.
>>
It has its moments and is not has bad as the tumblrwhales make it out to be, but it's still not a well-written show at all.

The dialogue is shit, character motivations make no sense, the martial arts action (which is supposed to be a huge point to all of it) is laughably flat. The plot chases its own tail most of the season, and the finale is thoroughly unsatisfying.

Silver lining; Scott Buck's not involved with Season 2, so there may be some improvement on the second go-round.
>>
>>94169674

>There was nothing in the story we could use to justify the wearing of the mask or costume.

Bullshit.

>flashback
>after Danny has gotten the Iron Fist
>"Danny, there are the ceremonial garb of our greatest warrior"
>Give him box
>Open box
>Iron Fist costume

All you need is some fortune-cookie bullshit about why he would wear a mask to "hide his true face from our enemies" or some bullshit.

This is not fucking rocket science. Luke Cage not wearing the tiara, I get. But a magic warrior needing a reason to wear a magic warrior outfit? Give me a break.
>>
>>94168324
>It's not bad, better than Jessica Jones and Daredevil season two
The Punisher puts DD season 2 way over Iron Fist
>>
>>94168862
> Is it a /pol/ thing?
Oh fuck off you dumb faggot >People don't like what I like it must be pol!
>>
>>94169670

Que no los dos?
>>
>>94169674
Anon, I believe Scott Buck may be a functional retard. Cut him some slack.
>>
>>94169981

>Anon, I believe Scott Buck may be a functional retard

The last season of Dexter is one of the worst things ever written.

So was Season 6, but that was at leas so-bad-it's-good. Season 8 was just depressing.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
Don't watch it expecting lots of neat kung fu fights. Watch it for the Meachum Saga that unfolds. It honestly could have been its own show.
>>
>>94170249
Season 7 was pretty bad too. People only think otherwise because they don't notice they it was just carried by Ray Stevenson and the moment his character died the show went back to being unapologetically shit.
But yes, 8 was awful. The only entertaining thing about is that despite the fact that they tried to go full circle and make the Big Bad extremely similar to Ice Truck Killer, The Brain Surgeon was unbelievably shit while Brian/Rudy is still a pretty damn good villain. I always find it funny how much of a deciding factor the execution was.
>>
>>94168817
underrated
>>
>>94169831
>>94169089

>Tries to disprove /pol/ is complete shit by writing like /pol/ and being complete shit.
>>
>>94170364

>People only think otherwise because they don't notice they it was just carried by Ray Stevenson and the moment his character died the show went back to being unapologetically shit.

Ray Stevenson was certainly the major reason why, but Dexter's arc of finally understanding that all his Dark Passenger self-mythos was a bunch of bullshit contrasted with him destroying Deb's life and psyche was a strong idea for an arc.

But Buck couldn't resolve any of it.
>>
>>94167903
Better than Cage or JJ, the script is horrible the action scenes are bad too, Finn Jones looks retarded most of the time, origin history without all the asian stuff is just wrong, don't even know why Rosario Dawson is in half of the season, only worth the Meachum plot and Colleen, and not all the time, the Hand as enemy now is a fucking joke thanks to this serie, and he should shave that beard
>>
>>94170477
>he should shave that beard
and wear the mask
>>
>>94167903
Watch it for Ward. One of the best written and performed characters in the entire MCU. His character arc is more interesting than anything else happening in the MCU
>>
Watch it for Ward. Or Colleen, she's hot.
>>
>>94167903
There's not much SJW about it, the problem is it tries to be both a kung fu show and a corporate drama and fails at both
>>
>>94169826
You don't even have to try that hard, the script literally gave him a reason to wear a mask

>Danny is a wealthy billionaire with his face constantly in the papers for months and a youtube video with an absurd amount of hits on it
> Goes around beating up poor people for kicks
> At no point does the Hand at least threaten him with this knowledge even though it would at least slow him down
> Howard does something similar in the last episode and it's super effective

If he's not wearing a mask by the end of the Defenders I will be pissed.
>>
>>94167961
Critics didn't review the entire season

But that means the first few episodes didn't grab them
>>
>>94169386
Cage was fine as Johnny but he was too recognizable
>>
>>94170708
The best Ward moment I remember was the episode where Danny gets laid and they constantly cut back to Ward dumping bodies in a swamp.
It really hammered home how awful his life had become since Danny came back.
>>
>>94167903
>Is it just an SJW meme or is it really shit

The moment the guy lost his unworldly Kwai Chang Cain-ness I lost interest

To paraphrase Aristotle (?) the essence of drama's conflict but the essence of plot's character

This guy's character's all over the place and ultimately so's the plot
>>
>I want it.
>Sorry, Danny. you can't have it.
>But I'm entitled to it.
>OK, fine. Here, you can have it. Now, what are you going to do with it?
>I dunno. I don't really want it anymore now.

The SJWs were right. It's White Male Entitlement: The Show.
>>
>>94170428
>gets called out for being cancer
>proceeds to be cancer
What a faggot you are
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.