[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MCU Origins Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: mcu origins.jpg (872KB, 1030x768px) Image search: [Google]
mcu origins.jpg
872KB, 1030x768px
How do you rate them?

Say one good thing and one bad thing about them.
>>
>>94164682
IM - Good
Hulk - Bad
Thor - Boring
Cap - I had a date
GotG - Entertaining
Ants - Ants/Ants
Strange - Eh?
Spider - Im2 tier but Keaton redeems it
>>
>>94164682
bad, bad, bad, ok, bad, bad, bad, bad
>>
File: 1482542894652.jpg (390KB, 1280x537px) Image search: [Google]
1482542894652.jpg
390KB, 1280x537px
>>94164682
>S-tier
Iron Man

>A-tier
Doctor Strange
Spider Man Homecoming
Captain America: The First Avenger

>B-tier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant Man

>C-tier
Thor

>Oh shit nigger, what are you doing-tier
The Incredible Hulk
>>
File: 1480316662195.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1480316662195.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>94164812
>Cap
Not great. Not bad. A mediocre popcorn action flick. Until that last line. Maybe it's cause I was getting over some personal relationship bullshit, but I actually cried when I saw it in the theatre.
>>
>>94164682
still kinda mad red skull never came back, weaving was fucking perfect
>>
>>94164909
I don't think Weaving was willing to come back
>>
>>94164682
Changing Hulk actors was a good move

I can't ever imagine it still being Ed Norton
>>
>>94164885
>S-tier
Iron Man

>A-tier
Ant-Man
Spider Man Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy

>B-tier
Doctor Strange
Captain America: The First Avenger

>C-tier
Thor

>Oh shit nigger, what are you doing-tier
The Incredible Hulk
>>
>>94164901
I love that line. It hurts so much

>>94165023
Maybe tired of being nothing but villains lately?
I would like to see more of the MCU villains last for more than one movie. Even though most of them are forgettable.
>>
>>94164682
Of the ones I've seen
Spider-Man > Iron Man > GOTG > Dr. Strange
>>
>>94164682
Tier 1- Great
Guardians
>Most fun movie
>Some of the logic doesn't work out

Spiderman
>Peter looks and acts like a real high schooler would as a superhero
>Another villian with a personal connection to Peter

Iron Man
>Probably the best story
>Looking back not a lot of shit happens in it

Captain America
>Love a superhero period movie
>Couldn't think of a better way to freeze Cap for the Avengers?

Tier 2-Okay
Doctor Strange
>Great visuals
>When you think about it, it does a bad job of introducing magic. Looks like rip-off force + mirror dimension

Ant-Man
>Funniest MCU movie
>Biggest leaps in logic. Don't think about it too hard

Tier 3-Meh
Thor
>Norse God's are just aliens
>Nothing happens

Hulk
>I think Tim Roth was good?
>I can't remember most of the movie
>>
File: ij9f89xjvlbz.png (2MB, 1476x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ij9f89xjvlbz.png
2MB, 1476x1500px
>>
>>94164682
IM - Good
Hulk - Bad
Thor - Okay
Cap - Good
GotG - Okay
Ant - didn't see
Strange - Best
Spider - Good ol' Spiderman
>>
>>94165978
Dr. Strange was and Civil War were lackluster. The avengers and Iron Man 2 were good. Avengers Age of Ultron was bad.
>>
File: 1495147497598.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495147497598.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>94164682
Iron Man
>Fun
>Not a 'lot' of Iron Man scenes (but I'm a greedy whore)

The Incredible Hulk
>N/A I've never really gotten around to watch it, ever. I didn't even know it existed until a few years ago.

Thor
>The action scenes were fun for me
>Felt dragged on

Captain America
>I love the WW2 aesthetic and Cap himself
>Felt like a lot of scenes were unneeded.

GotG
>Very fun movie
>Not a fan of the design of human-ish aliens, sci-fi ships, or other tech designs.

Ant-man
>Funny and more down to earth after the last few
>Can't point out a specific thing. Was 'okay'

Doctor Strange
>My eyes are bleeding LSD and Meth, and I love it
>Flimsy reason for creation of a villain at the end

Spider Man Homecoming
>I fucking loved it. Keaton and his suit's designs (i orgasm over 80s/90s pilot helmet look, the green targeting screen, and the radio chatter) and I liked Spiderman
>Flash, MJ, and Happy (80% of the time) were very difficult to stomach.
>>
>S-Tier
Homecoming
Guardians

>A-Tier
Cap
Iron Man
ANTS

>B-Tier
Strange
Thor

>C-Tier
Hulk
>>
>>94164812
>>94164833
>>94164885
>>94165077
>>94165372
>>94165978
>>94166060
>>94166235
At the risk of potentially reasonable arguments ruining my apparently inexplicable love for this movie...what exactly do all of you dislike about the second Hulk movie?
>>
>>94166320
Idk
I just remember watching it a few years later and thinking "This wasn't a good movie"
>>
>>94166320

It's just a dumb action movie. There's literally nothing else to it, it's practically a Steven Seagal movie starring a mean green machine.

It's not terrible, but there's no character, theme or really any plot to it. It's just Hulk smashing shit.
>>
>>94164682
IM - Great
Hulk - Meh
Thor - Good
Cap - Decent
GotG - Fun
Ant-Man - Less fun
Strange - Meh
Spider-Man - Less than meh, worst of the bunch
>>
>>94164682
>Iron Man
Ok
>Hulk
Shit
>Thor
Shit
>Cap
Ok
>GOTG
Great
>Ant man
Trash
>Strange
Didn't see
>Spider man
Alright
>>
>>94164682
Homecoming isn't even an origin movie. Also, I'm pretty sure there was a movie before The Incredible Hulk.
>>
>>94166366
Fair argument, I can honestly say I can't find any significance to it either, but for some reason I still find myself fighting to somehow keep it in my top 5 MCU movies even though it's a lie
>>
>>94164682

What will be the new franchise for 2020?
>>
>>94166461
There is, but it's not part of the MCU.
>>
>>94166461

Ang Lee Hulk isn't canon famalam.

>>94166465

I mean it's pretty entertaining dumb action junk, and it's got Tim Roth in it. I can't say it's not fun for what it is, it's just that "what it is" is "punch punch hulk smash" starring an overqualified actor.

>>94166477

Captain Marvel, I guess?
>>
>>94166542
Captain Marvel is early 2019.
I don't think they've announced what movies the three 2020 dates are yet.
>>
>>94164682

IM - Good
TIH - Liked it
Thor - Not my favorite, but I didn't hate it like I thought I would
CA - This is the movie I was looking forward to the most, but it didn't deliver
GotG - Fucking overrated
AM - My favorite in the MCU
DS and SHC - Will watch soon
>>
>>94164682
Iron man: Great
Incredible Hulk: Good
Thor: Mediocre
Captain America: Good
Guardians of the galaxy: Good
Ant-man: Great
Dr. Strange: mediocre
Spider Man: Good
>>
IM - Great movie but weaker in hindsight because they keep fucking remaking it.
Hulk - Bad but Edward Norton's take on Banner is neat. Where Ruffalo acts like he's afraid of everything including himself, Norton acts like he's only afraid of himself.
Thor - Branagh's an okay director who made the Asgard stuff feel right, Hemsworth is really funny on Earth, overall the stakes just feel too low and the humans fucking suck.
Cap - Feels too episodic, plot wanders a lot, but it eventually starts to come together. I like it.
GotG - Pretty fun though Star-Lord could be annoying at times. It's Rocket, Drax, Groot, and Yondu who buoy up the movie while Star-Lord drags it down.
Ants - I didn't know shit about Ant-Man and thought this would be Honey I Shrunk the Superhero, but it turned out to be Pikmin: the Movie, and I fucking loved it.
Doctor Strange - Story is Iron Man if Stark never stopped being an asshole, so Strange feels very static outside of gaining powers and the whole thing just feels clumsy. But the visuals are fucking gorgeous and balance it out to "okay".
Spider-Man - haven't seen it
>>
>>94166542

They claim to have a new franchise every year since 2014.
2014 - GotG
2015 - Antman
2016 - Dr.Strange
2017 - Spider-man
2018 - Black Panther
2019 - Captain Marvel
2020 - ???
>>
>>94164682
IM: Good, but I'm over it, seen it too many times.
Hulk: Not...terrible.
Thor: Too much boring human crap, let him be a magic space viking.
Cap: Perfect, best of the lot.
GotG: Entertaining, funny, gets a point for having the balls to show a Celetial on screen.
Ant-Man: Just a box to check, they got it out of the way and got him into the MCU.
Strange: Actually pretty good, but I wish magic duel weren't just laserfist battles.
Spider-Man: Honestly, not in a hurry to see this.
>>
>>94166320
I hate how much they toned him down. I mean, a big chain can withstand the force required to choke out the Abomination? A grenade launcher makes Hulk stagger? His big feat of strength was...throwing a forklift. Yay.
>>
>>94166461
Neither is Thor.

And The Incredible Hulk was the first. There was a movie called Hulk before it, but it's unrelated and not canon.
>>
>>94166465
I think the character hulk has been greatly improved in the recent movies and is enjoyable to watch but I think by that movie I was tired of the hulk cause of all the reboots, some bias basically.
>>
I really like Ruffalo, but. Damn, his age is showing worse than RDJ's. At least RDJ could still pass for a man in his, like, early-to-mid 40s. Ruffalo looks like he's pushing 60.
>>
>>94165978
Move Avengers one up and that's my list. Probably move GotG2 one too because I'm biased.
>>
>>94166776

His deal with the devil is coming up for seemingly not aging the entire 2000's.

>that time I saw Bruce Banner's dick in In The Cut

dude's made some wild movies.
>>
>>94165978

Iron Man 2, Thor 2, and Age of Ultron should all be bad.

Switch GotG2 with Iron Man 3.

Then you have my list, except I haven't seen Spider-Man yet.
>>
File: Batman_Thumbs_Up.gif (972KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Thumbs_Up.gif
972KB, 500x281px
>>94165077
I agree with this anon.
>>
>>94164885
Patrician taste
>>
File: 1500865751686.jpg (48KB, 546x366px) Image search: [Google]
1500865751686.jpg
48KB, 546x366px
>IM
Good: Jarvis, Tony & Pepper's banter was fresh, the excitement from seeing Samuel L. Jackson in the post-credits scene, Black Sabbath
Bad: Not much

>IH
Good: it wasn't the 2003 Hulk, and is easily ignored as a part of the greater MCU
Bad: it was the 2008 Hulk

>Thor
Good: Loki before he got overplayed, Hawkeye intro, the Destroyer was aesthetic as fuck
Bad: Portman dialing it in, first blatant "diversity casting" (and don't start with back2/pol/, I like Idris Elba but he's not very norse looking)

>CA
Good: perfectly captured the cheesiness of WWII era US propaganda, impressive effects at the time, Evan's rebranding himself as Cap after the FF4, Agent Carter
>Bad
>separating Hydra from the Nazis as much as they did made the Red Skull feel a little bland

>GOTG
Good: pretty much everything
Bad: didn't feel in any way connected to the MCU except for Thanos and the scene with the Collector

>AM
Good: felt more like a comedy movie with a superhero than a superhero movie with quips
>Bad: poor character development for Yellowjacket

>DS
Good: those visuals holy fuck
Bad: breakneck pacing issues, obvious reshoots for "funny parts"

>SM
Good: Vulture and all the little riffs on Keaton, finally washes the taste of SM3/ASM/ASM2 away
Bad: nothing bad per se, but I understand why some people are complaining about the social commentary at the beginning
>>
>>94167115
>that greentext
That's what I get for phoneposting while drunk.
>>
>>94165077
This guy gets it. Nice dubs, too.
>>
I just thought of something.

If Tony is such a genius and his Iron Man armors are all so superior compared to anything made by his contemporaries, why is he consistently at a disadvantage in most of his climactic fights?

In Iron Man, he was getting his ass kicked by Iron Monger. Mind you, I understand that he was using the shittier Arc Reactor that he made "in a cave with a box of scraps", and it wasn't capable of powering the suit at 100%. Still, considering the Iron Monger armor was basically just the original Mark I with extra bells and whistles and extra plating, I feel like he could have done a bit better.

In Iron Man 2, he was getting his ass kicked by Whiplash, and would have lost had Rhodey not been there to help him.

In Iron Man 3, he was getting his ass kicked by Extremis.

He keeps getting shown up by his so-called inferiors.
>>
>>94167276

>why is he consistently at a disadvantage in most of his climactic fights?

Because a movie needs conflict?
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (174KB, 449x629px) Image search: [Google]
RCO008.jpg
174KB, 449x629px
>all these posts displaying little to no reading comprehension
He asked for GOOD and BAD for each one you lazy pathetic twatwaffles.
>>
>>94167276
I think in each of those cases his opponents tech was combat-based, while he was trying to balance utility with offence/defensive capabilities.
For example, an MRAP could still be taken out by a WW2 panzer.
>>
>>94164682
IM - Great
Hulk - forgettable
Thor - I like it.
Cap - It was okay, needed more Nazis and 1940s flair.
GotG - Personal favorite Marvel movie.
Ants - Small scale Iron Man with ants!
Strange - More formula, needed to be more strange
Spider - It was good, I guess.
>>
>>94165124
Tired of the prosthetics required to play Red Skull, thought the acting challenge was pedestrian at best
>>
>>94166320
-Liv Tyler was an extremely flat/uninteresting Betsy Ross
-The leadup to creating Abomination was cheesy in a way that fought against the darker tone in the movie
-Ed Norton is almost certainly a better actor than Ruffalo but was extremely miscast as Bruce Banner
-Emo Hulk looked extremely unconvincing

Basically it had a lot of the same flaws as the Ang Lee film without embracing the cheese and was very forgettable as a result.
>>
>>94164682
Iron Man > Guardians > Strange =/= America > Hulk =/= Ant > Thor
Haven't seen Homecoming
>>
>>94167738

Marvel doesn't care if Hulk is forgettable.
>>
>>94164682
Hulk and Homecoming aren't origin movies.
>>
>>94164682
Iron Man: Pretty good. Climactic fight was a bit disappointing, but RDJ killed it. Love him or hate him, but he has great charisma. I honestly like what they did with Stark's character here. He's still arrogant and does stupid shit, but I feel like RDJ's Stark is a lot more rounded than comic Stark, making him far easier to sympathize with, something comic Stark hasn't had in a long time.
The Incredible Hulk: I honestly don't remember much of it.
Thor: Dull.
Captain America: The First Avenger: Solid. Nothing amazing, but I think it fully accomplished what it set out to do.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Entertaining. Chris Pratt's natural charm is utilized to its fullest extent here.
Ant-Man: Also entertaining. The film really made you want to root for Scott, and I felt that Rudd's portrayal of Lang was rather charming. I wasn't terribly fond of Hope, though.
Doctor Strange: It was fairly neat. The primary antagonist was entirely bland. Honestly, I think the only character I actually liked was Strange himself, in no small part thanks to Cumberbatch's excellent performance.
Spider-Man: Homecoming: I really liked Holland and Keaton's performances, and despite having some complaints about it, I did kinda like Peter and Stark's relationship. It honestly did put a small smile on my face to see Stark have some hope left in his world after the shit he went through in Civil War. Maybe that's a flaw for a Spider-Man film, I dunno, but I did enjoy it for what it was.

Currently looking forward to Ragnarok, Infinity War and Homecoming 2.
>>
>>94167804
>different origin sequences
>"Incredible Hulk is Hulk 2"
Goddamn this shit triggers me, and I don't even like either movie. This is the kind of shit my sister says.
>>
>>94167833
Incredible Hulk fucking sucked. Hulk on the other hand had Edward Norton and he was pretty good fit.
>>
File: 1499554963552.png (1MB, 600x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1499554963552.png
1MB, 600x1492px
>>94168075
>>
File: Hulk of the North Star.jpg (32KB, 570x321px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk of the North Star.jpg
32KB, 570x321px
>>94168075
Norton is good at projecting the barely repressed inner fury of Banner, even though it's really because he's incensed at how the Director is framing the shots, he's insisting I deliver the lines HIS way, and his FUCKING USE OF LIGHTING IN THIS SCENE GODDAMN IT.
>>
>>94165978
>im3 lackluster
Why?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.