[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this event again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (219KB, 1012x562px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 1012x562px
Why do people hate this event again?
>>
>>94161590
Because it's not about Pym.

I remember when people thought that Pymtron was going to hijack the story and be the REAL villain. Instead he became the hero we needed.
>>
>>94161590
they are badly predisposed to it for political reasons. It is actually the first good Marvel event in ages.
>>
>>94161643

It's insane to me because it's so solid. And we know Cap'll get un-HYDRA'd because comics
>>
>>94161643
Axis and Standoff were pretty solid.
>>
>>94161689
this
hell it's already in the works with the weird amnesia Steve being strung up by Ultimate? Skull
>>
>>94161729

I'm hoping it gets a good reappraisal in a few years.
>>
I'm honestly bored with it. It's headlining a bunch of characters I flat out don't care about, and it feels like nothing has been happening the whole time.
>>
>>94161689
Are you a newfriend?
/co/ doesn't read comics. It's much easier to just whine and shitpost over out-of-context panels or single pages
>>
>>94161760
Welcome to events comics, trying to shakeup a universe where nothing is allowed to change.
>>
>>94161764

i was talking about the general comics internet as well as /co/
>>
>>94161590

That issue was great. The rest of this event so far is shit. And it's ten fucking issues. TEN.
>>
>>94161785
The "general comics internet" is clickbait garbage and virtue-signaling.

And this is coming from a true liberal.
>>
>>94161590
Pymtron should have been the main protagonist
>>
>>94161888
>>94161888
Pymtron should just get his own series. Just an entire ongoing where he goes around and solves mundane problems by kidnapping folks and creeping them out. No redemption arc. No dramatic unveiling of evil plans. Pymtron is just tired of the game so he runs a talk show that gets crashed every episode by the guest hero of the week and he forces them to be his guest star. We'll call it "Dinner with Pym and Friends."
>>
>>94161639
>ant-man movie in a year
>we haven't had an ant-man book or any book where one of the ant-men appear in since october
>guardians had like ten different spin off comics
fuckin marvel
>>
>>94161590
Because Hydra Punisher
>>
>>94162559

HYDRA Punisher makes perfect sense, I don't understand why that pissed off people
>>
All the poser and desaturation is off putting.
>>
>>94161995
sounds like some OVAH JUSTICE style stuff.
>>
>>94162603
Because it doesn't make perfect sense and in fact makes the opposite of perfect sense. So I guess it makes sense that casuals who think it's fine would like the dumpster fire that is the rest of the event.
>>
Chthonda has not snidely called Odinson "nephew".

Come on, Nick, how can you miss a joke like that.
>>
>>94162456
>guardians had like ten different spin off comics
And they're all fucking garbage, man.
>>
>>94162721
wait they're related? what's the family tree look like?
>>
>>94162807
He's Gaea's brother
>>
>>94162676

>Frank you get to do everything you like to do with full money and support of the government

I mean he's already massacred villages
>>
You get lengthy political naval gazing from Black Widow, lots of posturing from HydraCap, snark from Hologram Tony, meanwhile Wanda has only said one line in this whole thing, as has Vision.
Odinson does s portrayed as a dimwit who seems to care about Jane exclusively.
>>
>>94161995
>Pymtron brings in Ultimate Hank Pym to be the special guest
>Proceed to have ideological conversations about machine conciousness
>They both get angry at eachother
>Bring out their respective Janets
>Proceed to have a contest on who can batter their wife more
>Their hands all bloody they proceed to rape Jocasta

I'd buy it. Especially since Nick Spencer thinks 616 Hank should only be defined by him hitting his wife.
>>
>>94163216
That escalated quickly.
>>
>>94161689
Meh he might just die in time for Infinity War.
>>
OC from a few months back
>>
>>94163320
I read that in Mac's voice.
>>
>>94162956
The government is employing literal super villains and criminals that Frank would've frank'd the second he saw them
>>
>>94163407
he'll get around to them after he franks everyone else on his frankmas list first
>>
File: RCO008.jpg (461KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO008.jpg
461KB, 1041x1600px
>>94163242
The entire Marvel editorial want Hank Pym to be nothing more than a joke. Most casuals know him as a wife beater. Even his daughter developed the same traits as him. Shes actually described as a Manic depressive who is prone to emotional outbursts. I guess that will be his Legacy. We get Lang when all I want is my Pym .
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (479KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO009.jpg
479KB, 1041x1600px
>>94163448
Following page that describes her daughter being unstable, yet she is still allowed to be a hero who works with the fucking Avengers.
>>
>>94162676
>dumpster fire
wow look it's a time traveller from the year 2016
>>
>>94163448
>Hank's ex-wife and ex-husband are taking care of Hank's daughter
>>
>>94163216
Ironically Spencer sought to critique Pym-shaming only to do Pym-shaming himself.
>>
>>94163448

For what reason? Why did Marvel collectively decide to shit on Pym?
>>
>>94163474
So was Hank. At any rate, bipolar disorder is hereditary so it's not a surprise if they actually confirm that Nadia has it.
>>
>>94162807
Insane.
>>
I actually laughed at an anthology gag comic
>>
>>94163542
No idea really. Maybe they want to push Lang some more? It also might by SYNERGY with the movies. I wouldn't be surprised if they redeem Pymtron and have him build himself a Hank body to court Janet.

>>94163560
I was surprised they even went with the Bipolar route with Nadia. Its written a strange minority Numale who had the right politics so I wasn't expecting the main character to have any flaws. Although she does shit on Hank constantly.
>>
>>94163760
>She does shit on Hank constantly
Nadia or Jan? Because wasn't Nadia's whole motivation for escaping the Red Room to connect with him? And Jan considers Hank her best friend even if they don't mesh as a couple.
>>
>>94163981

yeah Hank is portrayed well in the book.
>>
>>94163981
In some guest appearances Nadia doesn't want to be compared to her father and gets mad when people point it out.
>>
>>94164049
....But she idolizes him. I thought she'd take it as a compliment.
>>
>>94164049
That doesn't mean she doesn't like him.

Not wanting to be compared to your parents is pretty standard for teenagers. And most adults really.
>>
>>94161995
This week on Dinner with Pym, a roundtable with Peter Parker, Doctor Octopus, Reversed Cletus Cassidy, Flash Thompson, Eddie Brock, and the symbiote known as Venom on the nature of cooperation, and sharing a mind.

Dinner will be two flavor kung pow barbecue, sweet and sour pork, followed by salted caramel ice cream.

>>94162603
Frank is so anti joining shit, that he wouldn't join the CIA even for the chance to hunt bin laden.

>>94161689
I gave up keeping up with the event issue two. What didn't make any sense is that Steve didn't feel at all like Captain America. He felt too much like a generic dictator of the week.

>>94161701
Standoff was actually pretty good.
>>
>>94164082
I guess it depends on the writer. Just like Waid sees Cho as nothing more than Chad while everyone else see him as one of the brightest people in the Marvel Universe...

>>94164088
I guess when you put it that way.
>>
>>94164148
>"I demand to be released immediately! This is undignified treatment and the moment I am released, you will face the consequences!"
>"I'm sensing a lot of hostility here, Otto, but not many solutions. Now, Peter, how was it being trapped inside your own body for such a long time without being able to have any input on how Otto chose to do things?"
>"Um. Wow, I'm sorry Hank, but this is insane. Even for you."
>"Okay, so maybe you aren't ready to talk about this. More ice cream?"
>"I want some!"
>"Help yourself, Cletus."
>>
>>94161590

Pymtron is the best Hank Pym we've gotten in years!
>>
>>94162956
He'd sooner kill Cap than work with supervillains
>>
We are 6 issues in and fuck all has happened, really.
>>
>>94164327
9/10. Would dine with again.
>>
Pymtron is effectively in all of one scene in the thing so far (haven't read the latest one admittedly)
>>
>>94162603
>>94162956
If you think HYDRA Punisher makes sense you're either a shill or incredibly mentally deficient.
>>
>>94161590
I actually really liked The Oath book from Civil War II, which was a prelude to Secret Empire.
>>
>>94162603
>HYDRA Punisher makes perfect sense
This is why I don't like the event. It is retarded and attracts retards who clearly know shit about the characters involved.
>>
>>94162456
Marvel Entertainment (comics) is trying to ride off the movies, not hype them up. May be an influx of Ant-Man stuff, but not until after the movie
>>
i just don't see frank turning down guns from captain america
>>
File: RCO029_1493821490.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO029_1493821490.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94161590
i dont,it had a rough middle part, but its the best things Spencer's done
>>
>>94167018
even if he joined up initially, he would've quit the instant Vegas was glassed
>>
>>94166733
>>94167018
its obvius Cosmic Cube tamerpering with the real world
>>
I can never tell if the writers are using the slap as a thing to goad Ultron who's full on crazypym into snapping or if they do think it's this big thing.

>>94167093

i hate rick jones so talk about a guilty pleasure
>>
>>94167114
Even worse, he joined AFTER Vegas was destroyed.

But according to Spencerfags in this thread, Frank is totally okay with working together with people that killed a city full of innocents.
>>
>>94167142
I assumed he working with them since Hydra took over the US. There was a timeskip, after all.
>>
>>94166733
>>94166994
In the defense of that idea, I'm sure Frank could understand the esoteric point of Steve's crusade.
Maybe before Vegas, I could see him playing with the thought of joining, but he would not be playing ball after that shit. No way.
>>
File: Cosmic_Cube.jpg (11KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic_Cube.jpg
11KB, 180x180px
>>94167174
>>94167142
you punisherfags are retarded if you think this is ment to be the actual Frank and not just more reality tampering
>>
>>94167190
boy I sure love how any plot inconsistencies or out-of-character writing can just be handwaved with "lol cosmic cube." Really gives me hope for a satisfying conclusion to this whole mess.
>>
>>94167267
it was always cosmic cube from the start man, any wacky retcon or shock value is most likely casued by it, if not there is obvius context, sorry your favorie character isnt on the high ground in the event where captain america is a villain
>>
>>94167267
>plot inconsistencies or out-of-character writing
Isn't that Marvel events in general?
>>
>>94167309
you're not providing a good defense of this event. "lol cosmic cube" is not a good plot. It's an outright bad plot.
>>
>shield around earth randomly makes illyana's mutant powers not work

lol ok

>>94167267

it's like saying lol beyonder or lol chaos magic or lol skrulls

event comics gonna event
>>
wait
I haven't kept up with stuff in a while
is cap still a hydrafag in the comics?
>>
>>94167366
>shield around earth lets in sunlight but Monica Rambeau can't get through
>America Chavez can't create a portal to the surface despite being able to go anywhere in the multiverse and fucking time travel
>>
>>94167404
Yep, still got at least five/six issues to go, and that's assuming Hydra Cap ends with Secret Empire.
>>
>>94162603
>Vigilante spurred to action by his family becoming collateral damage in a gang war
>Knowingly joins terrorist organization who just recently carpet-bombed the entirety of Las Vegas to take out a small resistance group, resulting in countless civilian casualties

PERFECT SENSE
>>
File: Picture-551.png (279KB, 442x294px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-551.png
279KB, 442x294px
>>94167530

One was a tragedy for American Safety.
>>
File: 1454613380674.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1454613380674.png
317KB, 796x712px
Stockholm syndrome the thread
>>
>>94161590
>Why do people hate this event again?
You posted the only good part, and coincidentally it has absolutely fuck all to do with the main storyline. That should tell you something.
>>
How are people just okay with Vegas being blown up.

Is Captain America killing a U.S city with a civilian population of 600,000 people really not enough for the rest of the world to go "huh maybe there's some shit happening" and either take advantage of the fact America is in the midst of civil war or try to help?

The most unrealistic part of this whole event is that the entire world is totally agnostic over the country with a global hegemony on military might and the most powerful superhero community self destructing.

Even a throwaway line about not-russia further annexing not-crimea to take advantage of the chaos, or Hydra explicitly rushing to prevent global economic collapse, SOMETHING.

you can't kill more than half a million U.S citizens and pretend this is just another superhero fight
>>
>>94161590
Its yet another mega-event which hijacks all the books only a few months after CW2. Another promise of "Nothing will ever be the same!" which will inevitably fall back to the status quo. More clickbait plot elements instead of focusing on a good story. More poorly disguised political bullshit. More raiding old plotlines and What Ifs for ideas instead of trying original stories. And Marvel are going to do it all again as soon as its over.
>>
>>94170221
>How are people just okay with Vegas being blown up.
Because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas
>>
>>94170221
> take advantage of the fact America is in the midst of civil war or try to help?
It is not exactly in the middle of the civil war. Hydra has quite good grip on the country - and, more importantly, on America's military
In the "Steve Rogers" book HydraCap takes "we are greatest country in the world and you will all fall in line" towards UN

Now, there cannot be scenario imagined where any kind of russia would accept Hydra line of "allies reality tampering", since "Our Great Victory in the Great Patriotic War where everybody else was doing unimportant crap and we did all the work" is literally the most important ideological pillar of it
>>
>>94163474
So, wait, it's not her fault when SHE does shit like this, but Hank is still an evil cunt for doing, as is described on the same page, exactly the same kind of things? Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>94164148
>HYDRA Punisher makes perfect sense, I don't understand why that pissed off people
The Punisher refused to work for the US government and Shield at the request of Nick Fury, he's not going to fucking work for Hydra just because he respects Cap, especially since they've killed innocent people in both the past and present.
>>
File: IMG_3102.jpg (102KB, 519x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3102.jpg
102KB, 519x556px
>>94167093
>TFW Hydra isn't hailed
>>
File: 15878016._SY540_.jpg (80KB, 526x540px) Image search: [Google]
15878016._SY540_.jpg
80KB, 526x540px
>>94162456
Didn't Spencer get an Ant-Man book with Lang for the first movie?
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.