[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 918133.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
918133.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
Homer

He promised he wouldn't drink
He drank anyway

Insanity pepper or not, he could have had water
>>
>>94154972
Water is terrible for Chilli heat, he should have had Milk
>>
>>94154972
He didn't really drink any beer.
>>
>>94155043
This is true.
>>
>>94154934

It's a matter of consistent behavior. If you want people to believe you didn't do a thing don't make a habit of doing said thing.

Homer may not have drank but what reason did Marge have to believe him
>>
>>94154934
Ooh look, the ACTUAL moment the simpsons went to shit!, the first legit stinker in the franchise, not the Grimmes episode, not the Skinner episode.

THIS!

Yeeeey emotional abuse by the wife because hommie is an idiot it doesn't matter, Marge is always gonna win.....

But for real, this is the one episode that i avoid like cancer, it brings me a alien void of awfulness, and i dont even try to be a bait to shit on Mr enter or the like, this was just horrible!.'

You know what would have save the episode, focusing on marge instead after that horrible part, its almost like she had 2 personalities at all or she acted nice at the end cause the god Quo Statis demanded it.
>>
Technically neither were but Marge's reaction was justified.
>>
Marge didn't want him to drink but she also probably wasn't OK with him getting doped up on hallucinogenic Guatemalan insanity peppers. It would be the same if he dropped acid
>>
>>94156419
Yeah, this is the key. In this specific instance Homer may have been justified in drinking beer as an emergency measure against the pepper, but taken as a whole with all of his behavior Marge just has no reason to trust him.

Maybe he could have gotten Wiggum to confirm that he ate the pepper, but Marge's immediate angry reaction at what seems like more of the same bullshit from Homer despite his promise was completely justified.
>>
>>94156645
What the hell are you talking about? How can one person be so wrong?
>>
>>94155039
This is true but Homer is not very smart. He immediately went for what he thought would help.
>>
File: tumblr_o2il0ayQvU1v81isuo1_500.png (260KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2il0ayQvU1v81isuo1_500.png
260KB, 500x375px
This bitch, Helen was being a real pill in this episode.
>Howdy, howdy, Marge and Hom- Oh.
My mistake. Homer's not even with you. Probably just knocking back a few "refreshments.
>Thank you for your concern, Helen. Homer isn't drinking today.
>Oh.I think it's lovely that he said that- and that you believed him.
>Now, Helen, let us not glory in Homer's binge drinking. There but for the grace of God goes Marge herself.

>Has anyone seen Homer?
>Marge, better you hear it from me than some gossipy neighbor. Homer made a total jackass of himself.
>Oh, Helen, that's enough. Call off your dogs.
>But someone had to tell her. And I got here first.
>Helen, zip it.
>Oh- Oh, please.
>No beer, huh? [Groans] I guess I know what a promise from Homer J. Simpson is worth.
>>
>>94157155
She's kind of justified. From her POV she saw Homer running around like a maniac then trying to chug a ton of beer, then wander off delirious.

It probably looked like Homer was drunk off his ass, again.
>>
>>94154934
Homer. He should have apologised for drinking and explained that he was freaking out from the hot chilli and grabbed the first beverage he saw. He could maybe head back to Wiggum's tent after he smoothed everything over with his wife, which given Marge's loving/enabling nature wouldn't take too long
>>
>>94156645
Episodes like this are the ones that made me reconsider season 8 as the limit for truly good Simpsons.
My beef with it is more about how unbound it is. Drug trip aside the entire "mystical journey for a soulmate" was quite the jump to make. It wasn't interesting or funny either.

There's great gags in the episode, but as a whole it's weak. Sign of things to come.
>>
>>94154934
You
>>
>>94156645
this guy knows what's up
>>
>>94159644
>>94158020
Thanks, honestly, this episode really hit me as godawful for how marge was portrayed during most of it, it was the thing that set it in infamy.

To me, this was the beginning of the end, because afterwards, all the episodes were the so-so episodes, the So bad they are good but stupid ones, the Scully ones, and then the beginning of Zombie Simpsons.

And you know, i know even the golden age seasons had some stinkers and look, i know that the "marriage on the rocks"epsiodes of those arent perfect, but they didnt ruined the series and the relationship of marge and homer..........but this!?

This was just one word.............................cruel!

Marge should have realized what she did and the context of it, Jesus christ might as well have told him I HATE YOU I HOPE YOU DIE RAAAWW!, she did went to far, it doesnt matter if she felt justified, Marge should have been some minor arc and realizing that this is the first time she verbally and emotionally abused Homer in such a way, something that, at the time, Homer never did, at least not in these seasons, THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS EPISODE SO HORRID.
>>
>>94159832
To be fair, Homer acts like the insane mean idiot he fully became later on.
That Marge acts this way is just not well presented in this episode on its own, but if you take into consideration how selfish and outright dangerous Homer has been... Well, something has to give.
It's done for comedy, sure. But had Homer just explained and asked for her companionship during his trial, she would have understood a little better.
>>
>>94157279
>She's kind of justified.

No she's not. Regardless of anything else it's not her place to fucking saw shit. She's just a catty gossiping shrew
>>
>>94154934
this episode was just mean.
>>
>>94160012
If it makes you feel better, there's a zombie Simpsons episode where Marge slaps her across the face after she accuses Homer of fooling around.
No one gives a shit either and the plot moves forward.
>>
Hey Homer, find your soulmate!
>>
>>94157279
Plus, she was probably just thinking of the children.
Somebody has to.
>>
Homer.
The events were all his fault.
Even if he didn't drink the crux of not drinking was not making an ass of himself and embarrassing her.
But he HAD to get big dicked at the chili competition, causing him to embarrass himself, then he had to go back again AND CHEAT and then he had a bad reaction.
Homer was being a dick, which caused him to make a gigantic ass of himself causing the exact thing that Marge didn't want to happen.
Also he drank even if it wasn't just to get shitfaced.
>>
>it's a there would literally be no problems between anyone if the conflicting parties simply talked about what happened without interrupting each other episode
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.