[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst MCU movie coming through.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 33

Worst MCU movie coming through.
>>
>>94152074
Contrarian thread, I admire that. I've got a few memes of my own.
>>
>>94152074
I haven't seen it. How can it be worse than Thor 2?
>>
File: Martha.jpg (1MB, 1971x2583px) Image search: [Google]
Martha.jpg
1MB, 1971x2583px
>>94152204
Oh do you now?
>>
>>94152227
How can it be worse than Thor 1?
>>
lol....have you seen thor?
>>
>>94152271
I think the inside of Deadpool's mind has to be a continuous state of shitposting.
>>
>>94152074

That's not Thor: The Dark World
>>
>>94152074
That's not Iron Man 2
>>
>>94152074
That's not nonexistent movie because ever one is great
>>
>>94152074
>>94152074

>tfw I loved spider-man since I was a child
>tfw loved the Raimi movies
>tfw enjoyed the ASM movies

Homecoming was the first Spidey movie I was not hyped for at all due to the shitty trailers. This is also the first MCU movie that I have not seen and will not see in the theater
>>
>>94152358
>>94152304
>>94152281
>>94152227

I agree that Thor is lackluster but atleast it has cool visuals, Natalie Portman qt, some good action.

Homecoming is a chore to watch every second Vulture is not on screen and that's 90% of the movie.
>>
>>94152379
there is no way you watched all of them in theaters....right?
>>
>>94152074
>Worst
They have a few bad movies Thor1&2, Hulk, Civil War, Ironman 2, Spiderman, they are all bad movies can't say which one is worst
>>
>>94152379
Do it, faggot.
>>
>>94152451
>you watched 5 different movies in theaters over the span of 15 years?
It's not that hard
>>
>>94152074

>What is Iron Man 2 or Avengers 1
>>
>>94152074
But this is not Ant-Man
>>
>>94152451
You ask that like it's some impossible task

It's pretty easy to see two movies in a year
>>
>>94152451

I actually did. I loved the Phase 1 movies but Avengers 1, a movie that I was really looking forward to, was the first movie where I noticed that something was off

I like to see the movies and judge for myself but Phase 2's quality was really a letdown compared to Phase 1 in my eyes. Finally, Age of Ultron managed to ruin my favourite Avengers villain so I was pretty pissed. Dr. Strange was my last hope and I even went to see the movie in a Chinese theater during my semester abroad

Homecoming forcing diversity for the sake of being diverse, the trailers being really boring and Spidey being an Avengers fanboy really ruined all the fun that I thought I would have with this one
>>
Not even close m8, the worst are definitely Iron Man 3, Thor, and Thor 2. These three films are equally abysmal so they are in no particular order.
>>
>>94152074
Except it's actually really good film.

Thor 1&2 are the trash heaps of the franchise.
>>
>>94152379
Already watched it twice so I got you covered.
>>
>>94152539
>Ant-Man
>bad
The spiderfag, everyone! This poor deluded fellow is so used to being given lack luster bullshit for his favorite character that he tries to talk down other characters who get quality movies.
>>
>>94152433
I liked it but holy fuck. Stop with the dutch angles.
>>
>>94152379

I felt the same way but I went to see it anyway and let me tell you, not only is it going to disappoint you but it's going to fucking disgust you.

>>94152474

Homecoming is 100% the worst.

>>94152539

But Ant-Man is the best MCU film.
>>
>>94152596

I don't have a problem with other people liking it. It's just my personal opinion that the quality of the MCU movies has declined, whether it be CGI, story, dialogues, or even costumes. the political agenda was actually the cherry on top that made me not want to see Homecoming
>>
>>94152511
This it's really good probably the best MCU movie yet
>>
Homecoming wasn't bad perse, the core of the movie was really good, what ultimately dragged it down was the supporting cast. The problem isn't that they forced diversity, I couldn't care less if they made Spidey gay and MJ a buff black dude, but at least use good actors. I mean Flash was just abysmal, if that what passes as a bully these days then no wonder kids are such pussies.

And what the fuck was up with Zendaya? Her character was there only for that final line, it would have been better to just not have her in the movie spouting shitty quips and just introduce her as a transfer student or something at the end.
>>
>>94152074
Literally just got back from seeing it (my theater stops showing it after today)

Pretty good. Michael Keaton was probably the best villain in the MCU.
>>
>>94152635

>not only is it going to disappoint you but it's going to fucking disgust you

well that's fucking awesome then, jesus christ. the movie being filled with jokes is even worse
>>
>>94152074

It was considerably better than
>The Incredible Hulk
>Thor
>Thor: Dark World
>Iron Man 2
>CA: The First Avenger
>Ant-Man
>>
Except Homecoming is in the top five, but keeping being a cucked faggot, by all means.
>>
>>94152665
>the political agenda was actually the cherry on top that made me not want to see Homecoming

the what?
>>
>>94152722
Quit taking it personally, Holland.The movie sucks dicks, it's not a personal attack on you. .
>>
>>94152539

>Ant-Man
>Bad

It's one of the best in the series you nigglet.
>>
>>94152712

what the fuck is wrong with Incredible Hulk and First Avenger? Hulk was a great on-the-run movie and First Avenger was a pretty fun take on the Captain America character. Civil War was worse than Cap1, Cap2 being the best of the three
>>
>>94152695
It's not like it's that hard to be the best bad guy given how almost all the others sucked aside from Loki and maybe Ronan (who only worked because he was the most serious thing in the movie compared to everyone else who kind of don't care)

Also nothing will ever be worse than Cross in Ant-Man.
>>
>>94152757
It has black people so obviously it's some sjw virtue signalling anti-drumpf propaganda
>>
>>94152665
>the political agenda was actually the cherry on top that made me not want to see Homecoming
Uhhhhhhh ok
>>
>>94152695

>Michael Keaton
>not Iron Monger

nothing beats Iron Man 1
>>
>>94152762
Okay, I really trust /tv/ to know a thing about movies. Oh? We're on /co/? Same difference.
>>
>>94152766

It was the most generic origin story ever alongside Dr Strange, which was saved and carried by Dumberdatch. It was also the only MCU film that failed to make me laugh even once.
>>
>>94152705
The movie is a fucking joke. Keaton is the ONLY good thing about it, and he's not in it enough for the price of admission.
>>
>Spidey being an Avengers fanboy really ruined all the fun that I thought I would have with this one

>Spider-Man trapped in rubble
>OMG beautiful tribute to the comics! issue #33
>Pete's final moments... Who will he think of?
>Uncle Ben? Aunt May?
>*PLAYS TONY STARK VOICE OVER*
>Peter hulks the fuck up due to IRON MAN
>THANK YOU A-LIST AVENGERS
>Uncle Ben who?????????

This movie offended me.
>>
>>94152778
>What is Robot Redford as Pierce
>What is Jeff Bridges as Stane
Keaton was great, don't get me wrong but there's some other good ones
>>
>>94152582

Its not for the sake of being diverse. Its just being fucking accurate.

A NYC public school full of nothing but white kids is so unrealistic that you might as well have Uncle Ben be killed by an enraged Unicorn, because that doesnt exist either.

Stop being mad that not everyone is white.
>>
>>94152810

that is obviously not what I meant when I replied to >>94152757

I don't care about having diverse characters but if every single one of them is forced and if race is an actual factor during your marketing campaign, then I find that pathetic. diversity in movies should somewhat be a given and not something that a company should have to point out to try and get more people to watch their movie. in return, almost everytime a company does this, the movie is shit so I didn't want to watch Homecoming

>see Ghostbusters and Star Wars 7 as examples
>>
>>94152826
Of course it's in the top 5 . RDJ is in it, and it's in the MCU. A few scenes of RDJ and Keaton can't save this coat hanger abortion.
>>
>>94152767
>what the fuck is wrong with Incredible Hulk

What isn't wrong with it? It was so bad most people probably don't even know it's supposed to be part of MCU.

And being listed doesn't mean the First Avenger was bad-bad, but Homecoming is simply leagues above it.
>>
>>94152581
>>94152451
I go to the movies like, every three months myself...

You guys need to get out and socialize some time, right? Like, going to the movies is one of the easiest things to do among busy friends.
>>
>>94152865

like I said, I get that that's actually the way american schools in that area are like. the problem I saw was Disney shilling their movie by basically not mentioning the good story at all but marketing their movie by saying they are diverse. a company which puts a focus on diversity marketing instead of marketing the story just doesn't appeal to me
>>
Finally saw it the other day.

It was a really enjoyable Spiderman movie.

As a movie though, Sam Raimi made better. I don't even know who directed this.

High School Peter is best Peter, and Liz deserved a lot fucking better, I don't know what the fuck she was doing wasting her time on Pet, though I can understand MJ crushing on him.
>>
>>94152887
You continue to make great points! Way to elevate the dialogue on the board!
>>
>>94152983

Jesus christ, take your schizoid spook glasses off and judge a movie after actually seeing it.
>>
>>94152227
>I haven't seen it. How can it be worse than Thor 2?
Its not.

Frankly its better than most MCU movies and literally every Spider-man movie besides Raimi's 1 and 2.
>>
>>94152767
>what the fuck is wrong with Incredible Hulk
This is a very easy way to identify a stupid person.
>>
>>94153027

>proceeds to only read one of my issues

why do people on this board always fail to actually show some reading comprehension? as I mentioned before, the political bullshit was the last straw since most of the previous movies failed to convince me quality wise. Winter Soldier was the last movie that I found to be of good quality. Ant-Man was quite good but it could have been better as a comedy movie
>>
>>94153263
>actually show some reading comprehension

Why don't you start then? My response applies to all your "issues".
>>
>>94153225

instead of shitposting, you could just list the things you found negative about IH. only children try to act superior while lacking actual arguments
>>
>>94152853
thanks
now I'm not even watching it on camrip
>>
>>94153287

>jokes over substance
>abysmal costumes
>worse CGI than in movies 10 years ago
>storylines are generic
>suits don't allow directors' visions to be thoroughly implemented into the movies

how is any of that "schizoid"? just because you enjoy shitty movies doesn't mean everyone has to like them
>>
File: 1417714322429.jpg (3MB, 3559x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1417714322429.jpg
3MB, 3559x2736px
>>94152344
weve been inside it before. its actually rather fancy shitposting
>>
>>94152712
You got shit taste man.
>>
>>94152074
Still better than the best of Dcue movies.
>>
>>94153349

You didn't see the movie, why are you still pretending to know everything about it? FYI, a lot of lines and scenes that were in trailers weren't even in the movie itself.
>>
Honestly I was really unimpressed by the trailers, but it was really one of their best movies so far. A nice surprise.

Is this a case of /co/ hating it because "NOT MUH"? Haven't been here for 2 months.
>>
>>94152074
That's not Thor
>>
>>94152074
This isn't Age of Sluts.
>>
>>94153403

why are you trying to force other people to watch the movie? I said that I didn't enjoy most of the last 10 MCU movies and therefore refuse to waste any more money on this one. The trailers showed me enough things to base my opinion on. I didn't like the way Spidey was portrayed in CW, I didn't like how he was shown in the trailers, I didn't like the CGI and forcing Iron Man into the movie. All of that can be seen in the trailers so I don't need to know "everything" about the movie because I don't want to watch it due to the things I do know about it

You sound as if you force yourself to see every piece of shit movie you don't seem to like beforehand
>>
>>94152074

Goddamnit I want a decent costume of this that isn't over 300 goddamn dollars.
>>
>>94153291
I and many posters have over the years. But I got nothing to do so I'll give you a quick rundown.

>Norton claims to be huge Hulkfag, but turns in the most disinterested performance I've ever seen from him
>Liv Tyler can't act for shit and their relationship is supposed to be the emotional hook
>Hulk and Abomination both look horrible, even for 2008 standards
>the basic storyline is beat for beat the Ang Lee movie with more action
>the pacing is a total mess with things like Betty's relationship with Samson just kinda there, we know for a fact a lot was cut out of the movie

It just feels hollow and lacks heart. Anons love to shit on the Thor movies, but at least the first one, something is actually happening, there's an arc. TIH just feels like a series of things that are supposed to happen because the producers assumed people didn't like Lee's Hulk cause there wasn't enough action.
>>
>>94153685
CGI is expensive anon
>>
>>94153715

I meant for a costume party
>>
>>94153704

>but turns in the most disinterested performance I've ever seen from him

this is really a thing that I always feel like other people are misinterpreting. pre-full-control banner always came across as rather flat, if not even bored in my eyes. he isn't supposed to be an all quirky character like tony stark or thor

>Hulk and Abomination both look horrible, even for 2008 standards

Both look better than every monster in the MCU afterwards, what are you talking about? it's subjective but I even like Hulk's design more than the Ruffalo version because it had quite a unique feel to it

>the basic storyline is beat for beat the Ang Lee movie with more action

I get what you mean but how would you make a first hulk movie that is set in a bigger franchise? I don't see any other option than the government portraying him as a thread and trying to hunt him down while leaving him alone in the end because he turns out to be a hero
>>
>>94153668
>why are you trying to force other people to watch the movie?

I'm obviously not. I'm simply saying a great many of your stated reasons were bullshit. You don't need to watch it if you don't want to, but don't try to tell people what it's like when you don't know.
>>
>>94153685
>over 300 goddamn dollars.

The suits used in Raimi's films cost $200,000 each. They made eight of them.
>>
>>94152074
That's not both of the Thor movies
>>
>>94152074
I agree its bad but Iron Man 3, Hulk and Thor 2 are still worse.
>>
>>94154576
That webbing better be made from pure fucking silver.
>>
The only thing that really bothered me was when they used CG in places that clearly didn't require it. Also, I don't know what they did in post-production but Spidey's suit looked fucking awful, even though it looked pretty good on set photos and shit.
>>
File: 1494195300947.jpg (48KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
1494195300947.jpg
48KB, 612x408px
>>94152074
>It's another "Muh Raimi" thread.
>>
>>94152433
>Natalie Portman qt,
fuck off that bitch was the worst part of both movies
>>
>>94152692
>if that what passes as a bully these days then no wonder kids are such pussies.

I never really saw him as a bully, just a douche that happens to be Peter's rival. I mean, they're in the same decathlon for fuck's sake. They're all nerds, this is showing that even nerds can be jerks.

>And what the fuck was up with Zendaya?

Her whole shtick was that she's a creepy weirdo. She didn't add much to the movie, but I enjoyed her.
>>
>>94154729
Raimi didn't forget about the important stuff

"I had a father, his name was Ben Parker"

"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: With great power comes great responsibility"

Homecoming is just "notice me Stark-senpai"
>>
File: tmp_12524-3f2-644030919.jpg (161KB, 341x354px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12524-3f2-644030919.jpg
161KB, 341x354px
>>94152884
And you missed out on a good movie because of your own petty grievances.

>Star Wars 7

Fucking what? Finn was the only GOOD part of the movie. He was the only one in the movie that was an original character rather than an literal rehash.
>>
>>94153197
Wow. Be more of a mindless fanboy
>>
I just watched it, I don't get what was so bad.

>>94154875
>forgetting him shittalking Tony about "not listening"
>>
>>94152074
Did people forget that time Iron Man's life was threatened by a guy who developed the ability to regenerate limbs and breathe fire because Tony ditched a meeting with him once
Did people erase Whiplash out of their minds
>>
>>94154988
And? This Spider-Man movie was so about Tony it's sickening. As someone that likes Iron Man the writers completely shit the bed.
>>
>>94152587
>iron man 3
>bad
>>
>>94155042
>Iron Man 3
>even near decent, let alone good
>>
>>94154953
>position Homecoming amid the MCU movies and other Spider-Man movies
>mindless fanboying
I think you might have the brain worms.
>>
>>94154995
vant bord
>>
>>94155005
It wasn't about Tony, it was about Peter constantly seeking his approval when, really, he didn't need it. That was the whole point of them making him take on the Vulture without the Stark suit.
>>
>>94153492

Basically, it lacks the foundation of Spider-Man. The weight of responsibility is gone and its mostly a shallow surface level spidey. Even then the jokes were stupid and cg was horrendous. The final fight wasnt even a fight. Vulture just blew up.
>>
>>94152853
Gee, it's almost like they're going to focus on the guy that Peter idealized rather than the ones that are the focal points of his guilt. I mean who would've guessed with the goddamn foreshadowing all over the place.
>>
It'll all be worth it if we get a One More Day adaptation after Infinity War
>>
>>94154937
>Finn was the only GOOD part of the movie.
Yeah describe Finn personality. You can't, he is a fucking bland piece of shit, a terrible character in a terrible movie.
>>
>>94155315
>Yeah describe Finn personality.
More likely to think flight is a better option to fight in a given situation, genuinely appreciates attempts at kindness, thinks survival is generally more important than justice.
>>
>>94152271
Cringe.
>>
>>94154937
Boyega played him well but the writing was just on another level
>watching a storm trooper die is the catalyst for him leaving the Empire
>murders dozens of storm troopers to leave the Empire
>>
>>94155514
His catalyst was seeing a town of civilians get executed.

Seeing his friend die caused him to wake up and realize this isnt a game. People are going to see their lives permanently ended

His entire thing is that he is terrified of the First Order. He sees them as an unstoppable force (because he was raised on that propaganda) that will crush anyone in their path, even if they dont deserve it.

His writing makes sense.
>>
There is no way in hell it's worse than IM2
That shit is pure fucking garbage
>>
>>94152635
>But Ant-Man is the best MCU film

It's alright. But Edgar Wright's version would have been better
>>
>>94152271
Cringy as fuck
>>
>>94152227
At least Thor 2 was a Thor movie. Homecoming was not a Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>94155995
How was it not a Spider-Man movie?
>>
Post wallpapers/screencaps of scenes from the movie
>>
>>94154576

See >>94153785

Not the actual movie suits
>>
>>94152692
>I couldn't care less if they made Spidey gay and MJ a buff black dude
Then I disregard any of your opinions.
>>
>>94152204

>now go finger my daughter till she forgets her name

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>94153704
>Incredible Hulk just feels hollow and lacks heart.
Oh but the cookie cutter Spiderboy is GOAT, amirite? Gotta love those no-stakes quipfests.
>>
>>94156201
There weren't even many quips in homecoming though. And what do you mean no stakes? Peter almost dies several times.
>>
Why we are pretending that a good movie was bad?

I can understand someone saying "I quite not liked some scenes", but the faggotory here reeks to irrationality.

Is this a /tv/ memes? If I go there, there will be a thread just like that?
>>
>>94154811
They're not really rivals. Flash just seems to resent Peter for being a genius without even trying. Like he's working his ads off studying and trying to be the best, but Peter's so good that even after flaking on the team, the moment he just waltzes back in they accept him with open arms just because he's THAT good. He doesn't even study and he's still #1.
>>
>>94156201
>cookie cutter
Is this just a substitute for "thing I don't like" now? Homecoming was far from the Marvel Mold.
>>
>>94156323
/tv/ consumed /co/ some time ago.
>>
>>94156104

I don't know why this stupid fucking meme always makes me laugh when it comes to Spider-Man movies.
>>
>>94155315
A soldier who was born solely to die as canon fodder, he's a coward who just wants to live but learns what it means to be a hero. How is that hard? His character was the only thing different about the movie.
>>
File: awdwr.jpg (45KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
awdwr.jpg
45KB, 300x375px
>>94156323
>Hi, I'm Captain America, and today I would like to talk to you about something very important: shitposting
>>
>>94156409
True, but it's not like he's a slouch himself. He's a rich kid who probably had the world handed to him, while Peter grew up dirt poor and had to work to get to where he was. I get what you're saying though, it makes sense from Flash's point of view.
>>
File: Homer coffee.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Homer coffee.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>94155315
A kind-of cowardly storm trooper who realises that what he does is wrong, and is willing to fight for people he cares about as opposed to faceless (literally if you consider stormtrooper/Kylo Ren's helmets) leaders.

I don;t think TFA is a good film. I see what they were doing with a lot of the rehash stuff, because when you think bout it, most of it was the background scenery to a star wars film about people (not e that they don't need plans to blow up Starkiller base, nor do they spend much time on the minutia of blowing it up, it just happens because an exploding Death Star is a Star Warsesque backdrop) but ultimately it doesn't work.

Finn is an OK character though, and nobody would autisticly screech about him if we didn't live in a time where anybody who isn't a straight white male is seen as somehow appeasing a faceless unknown and unquantifiable SJW beast.

Hollywood is waking up to the idea that you don't have to have white (preferably) male people to lead a film, and they are scrambling desperately to have more people of various ethnicities than just Jackie Chan, Samuel Jackson and Morgan Freeman et al.

It'll die down, stop sperging out.
>>
>>94156679

Whoa there, language, Captain Hydra.
>>
>>94155106
>The weight of responsibility is gone and its mostly a shallow surface level spidey

That is complete horseshit, the entire movie was about Peter learning to take responsibility for his actions. Thanks to him his friends almost died, he almost destroyed an entire cruise ship, and his first crush is gone forever. Just because they weren't hammering "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility" through your thick skull every 5 minutes doesn't mean it wasn't there. That's what the entire movie was about.
>>
>>94156028

If the character has such miniscule struggles and all of them solved right before your very eyes, is this not just a person in cosplay doing silly spidey skits?
>>
am I the only one that honestly thinks most of the MCU is garbage

the only really "good" ones so far are TWS, IM1, GOTG, and MAYBE GOTG2

both Thor movies especially are shit

>inb4 company war autism
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>Hi there, I am Captain America, and today we are going to talk about the most important issue in the turbulent world of today - racial purity.
Honestly didn't expect them to convince Raimi to come back.
>>
>>94155106
The final fight was Peter getting wrecked but still saving someone, and if you don't think that's a Spider-Man as fuck ending, then you need to read me Spidey mate.

It's not a perfect film, or even a stellar one, but it's entertaining and for me delivered a decent Spider-Man.
>>
>>94156770
>I hate the film and am going to nitpick it for not adhering to a calibre of Spider-Man story that only exists in my head

It was a decent (not incredible) Spider-Man story. If you want to hate it, go nuts, but it's not an objectively bad movie.
>>
>>94152074
Why does the suit look so off here? This is the real, physical suit, right? Not CG?
>>
>>94156822
Trying tie-in to Secret Empire was was a risky move on their part, I'll admit.
>>
>>94156770
What's minscule about his struggles compared to an average Spider-Man story?
>>
>>94156822
"I hear you live in (QUEENS) now look to your left and to your right. (TWO) of these individuals of these individuals will be escorted away shortly.
>>
>>94156822

>my friend your white gym teacher here
>>
>>94156748

Its a very linear bland version of it. Insert problem in front of face, tug at peter, solves problem, the end. Every single other spidey movie ever made knows that peter has a weight tugging at him from all angles, thats what makes the choices so hard to make. Sure theres a villain in front of him, but theres also financial trouble with aunt may, health problems, guilt towards his own actions with uncle ben, having dreams to succeed academically but giving them up, dreams of finding love but giving mj up, loneliness of the burden of holding this secret.

Vs this movie where aunt may is fully capable, not only that but has things going well with men hitting on her and giving her freebies. How does this spidey ever feel loneliness or burden when he relieves all his pain with a buddy he can chat with while playing with legos, he fuckin got stuck in a warehouse and even had a digital gf to keep him company. His gay tech suit assisted him the whole time when he tried to be spiderman and even had iron man to save the day to constantly hammer in the fact that sony spidey is a rookie and is nothing without the disney avengers. With all this shit conveniently makin his life chirpy, his few problems like not getting to dance with a fine black girl are worthless.
>>
File: kitty.png (18KB, 112x127px) Image search: [Google]
kitty.png
18KB, 112x127px
>>94152227
If you aren't able to sympathize with characters that make a lot of mistakes, this movie is unbearable. Personally I enjoyed it but I had a friend who walked out of the theater because of that.
>>
File: Tails.jpg (41KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
Tails.jpg
41KB, 500x381px
>>94157159
>If you aren't able to empathise with Spider-Man, then maybe Spider-Man isn't for you
FTFY

On a serious note though, who the fuck walks out of a theatre during a film? I worked at a cinema for 4 years before University and outside of literal Gypsies trying to blag free shit, I never encountered it once.
>>
File: 1444648829387.jpg (87KB, 529x424px) Image search: [Google]
1444648829387.jpg
87KB, 529x424px
>>94156201
The fuck are you people smoking?
Does someone pay you to do this?

The movie was painfully inoffensive. The cast was as perfectly diverse as they could make it, and the story relied too heavily on the other MCU titles' (particularly Iron Man's) established popularity. I enjoyed Keaton's character quite a bit, and I'm actually glad they didn't do Uncle Ben again. Overall, there are a few things they could have done to make it substantially better (like make Flash an actual bully instead of a weird wannabe nerd who somehow gets people to laugh at the smarter nerd) but it wasn't bad.

Anyone who uses the term "quip" can get fucked with a rusty spork. If there's even one joke, no matter how relevant/set up, its a "quipfest". Unless it has no jokes, then its humorless and boring (snorefest or some other meme?).
>>
>>94157246
In this case, an autist offended by ambition being punished instead of rewarded.
>>
>>94152433
Oh come on, you can't tell me you didn't like the part where Spider-Man did a flip.
>>
>>94157124
Isn't the fact that Tony has to save his ass a problem? One of the plot points was that Peter believed he could stand on his own but consistently fucked up. Not to mention he does lose his love interest due to hero shit. He does fuck up his school life due to hero shit, the only things missing are Aunt May being old and fragile and money troubles. The story wasn't about loneliness, it was about him proving his worth as a hero. The burden is still there.
>>
File: Ruse.gif (907KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
Ruse.gif
907KB, 245x184px
>>94157314
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose, that is not a weakness, that is life" - Captain Jean Luc Picard

Or rather whomever wrote that scene. Either way, the point still stands, and it's an important one.
>>
File: 11298-tf2_soldier.jpg (96KB, 379x360px) Image search: [Google]
11298-tf2_soldier.jpg
96KB, 379x360px
>>94157159
>walking out of a theater after paying for a movie
What autism is this?
>>
>>94157475
One that makes cinema companies laugh like a fucking drain. Especially if they bought snacks, which they likely, on average, did
>>
>>94157124
So your whole beef is that Peter actually found someone to talk to? What utter nonsense, since the biggest draw with Peter's marriage with MJ in the main comics was that she was someone he could actually talk with about his problems, both as Parker and as Spider-Man.

You have this weird idea that a movie has to follow this specific set of made up rules otherwise it's not a Spider-Man movie, which is asinine since the source material itself doesn't even follow those rules. It's a different angle than what was shown from the past five movies, but that doesn't make his struggles any less compelling, or his motivations any less valid. It seems like that too you though, because you don't want a Spider-Man movie, you just want another Raimi movie.
>>
The only thing I disliked about this film was that his suit had an AI. I can deal with fancy webbing, I can deal with decent tech. It's 2017 now and expecting a science whizz to not have some technical gear is kind of weird.

I even didn't mind the scenes where he spoke to the suit because they built on character, but it still grated on me subconsciously.
>>
>>94157711
The AI probably only existed because they wanted to give Peter someone to talk to because they didn't know how to write a scene with just Peter in it.
>>
>>94152074
Nah, it's better than Thor 2 by a long shot.

I'd compare it to Man of Steel, personally. Not in tone, but that the film seemed to be composed of perfect scenes mixed with scenes that were just bizarre and ill thought out. Tom was a delight as Spidey and everything to do with Vulture was fantastic, but the high school stuff was really jarring and I don't think the writers really got how to write compelling teenagers.
>>
>>94157417

>Peter believed he could stand on his own but consistently fucked up.

Why is he so irresponsible if with great power comes great responsibility is what motivated him to become Spidey in the first place? There's a huge difference between someone rising to the occassion and trying to help others but failing vs. someone that is driven by the desire to become an avenger because they kick ass and are so cool so i'm gonna try it and fail like an idiot while putting lives at stake. That's just obnoxious and extremely the opposite of what Spider-Man is.

>Not to mention he does lose his love interest due to hero shit.

Yes he does. I think that's the whole problem. That's like one of the only thing he lost in the movie. Don't forget he has a best friend to keep him from feeling down, and a digital A.I. that likes flirting with him, and MJ stalking him ready to blow his cock. I don't care whether you love or hate this movie, but everyone can pretty much agree that it's smaller scale and lower stakes, and if low struggles are okay with you then fine, go love this movie, but presenting all these potential problems to us and also giving a solution to all of them instantly ruins the tragic character. Again, some of you might not care if it's so tragic. Maybe you think having a red and blue costume, jokes and web slinging is all that's necessary. (He didn't even web sling by the way)

>the only things missing are Aunt May being old and fragile and money troubles. The story wasn't about loneliness, it was about him proving his worth as a hero. The burden is still there.

Those little things like Aunt May lingering in the background are key though. Think about it. If Spider-Man died in battle, a fragile aunt may is what motivates Spidey to continue to fight, he has to be there for aunt may! This aunt may would've been fine without Peter. If she died, she would be sad while getting dick from Tony Stark probably.
>>
>>94157765
I guess ordinarily, they'd have peter thinking to himself, but cinema has had about 80-90 years to come up with a way of inner monologue coming across, apparently super-hero movies aren't ready for it yet.
>>
>>94153197
Raimi movies are legit overrated.
Rewatched the first one a month ago after almost 10 years and I was cringing the whole time
>>
Nah it's still Thor or Iron man 2
>>
>>94157825
Inner monologues for a character with no visible mouth was probably confusing to test audiences.
>>
Alright faggots, post em.

Spiderman 2 > Spiderman 1 > Spiderman 3 > ASM 2 > Homecoming > ASM 1

>inb4 nostalgiafag

Yeah yeah so I still like what I grew up with best, sue me.
>>
>>94157626

And do you remember how much turmoil and struggle it took to finally get that marriage to happen? It was difficult getting there. Ned is the equivalent of giving him an MJ outlet within the first 15 minutes of the damn movie.
>>
File: Spider-Pepe.png (71KB, 191x262px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Pepe.png
71KB, 191x262px
>>94157793
>Why is he so irresponsible if with great power comes great responsibility is what motivated him to become Spidey in the first place?

Because he has great power and believes he is ready for great responsibility, even though he isn't. That's literally the point of the film.

>Not to mention he does lose his love interest due to hero shit.

Of course he does, he's Spider-Man. When has his heroing ever not fucked with his love life?

>Muh Aunt May

He still worries about Aunt May and what she thinks, but we live in very different times. It's not the 60's anymore. How many people do you know who had geriatric aunts when they were teenagers? I mean it's not impossible, but it's certainly improbable in this day and age.
>>
>>94157862
>Spiderman 2 > Spiderman 1 > Spiderman 3 > ASM 2 > ASM 1 > Homecoming
>>
>>94154082
>I get what you mean but how would you make a first hulk movie that is set in a bigger franchise? I don't see any other option than the government portraying him as a thread and trying to hunt him down while leaving him alone in the end because he turns out to be a hero
Honestly, they've never done a classic Hulk story: Hulk destroys a town and has to interact with the people whose lives he's just ruined.

The 90s TAS did that all the time and it was great drama.
>>
>>94152074
What exactly is up with /co/'s hatred of this movie?
>>
>>94158019
/tv/ memes
>>
>>94157793
Where were the instant solutions? We never saw him manage to balance school life with being a hero, him coming into his own as a hero took the entire movie to happen, and he loses his love interest.. And where was his friend to keep him from feeling down when he was stuck under concrete believing he would die there? Where was the AI when the Vulture was slapping his shit ready to kill him? Or when Vulture gave him the "I will kill you and everyone you love" talk? Yes, he has someone to talk to, but having someone to talk to is not a 100% guaranteed way to not feel down.
>>
File: SadZelda.png (64KB, 422x208px) Image search: [Google]
SadZelda.png
64KB, 422x208px
>>94158039
>but having someone to talk to is not a 100% guaranteed way to not feel down.
too real for me anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFb-ormOZsU
>>
Does anyone else think that Tony's presence in Homecoming was more for his sake than it was for Peter's? It's like they're just using the movie as a set-up for potential interactions in Infinity War.

When you get right down to it, Peter does not need Tony. Whether he lives or dies in Infinity War, Tony is not going to be a constant presence anymore after this. Peter has nothing to gain from increased interactions with a character who's barely gonna be around two films from now. On the other hand, Tony has everything to gain from this. Peter is basically Tony's last real chance to have a major character who would actually be able to look back and remember him on a positive note. He's burnt too many of his other bridges.
>>
>>94158138
I'm critical of the film but honestly I liked how they used Tony, and I was worried that the film would just be Iron Man 4 from the trailers. It provided a good contrast with Peter's personality. Particularly, it showed that though Peter sees himself more in Stark, at his heart, Peter is far more similar as a person to Cap.
>>
>>94157862
Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 1 > Homecoming > Spider-Man 3 > ASM 2 > ASM 1
>>
File: cry.jpg (12KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
12KB, 600x438px
TL;DR

Homecoming Fans lean toward comedy.
Other Spidey Fans lean toward drama.

That's it.
>>
>>94158019
It's a Marvel movie ultimately, ergo normies like it, ergo /tv/ and to a lesser extent /co/ hate it.

Wh do you think BvS gets shilled as a stellar movie so much? It's not enough that some people admit it was ok, it has to be a great movie, the normies "just don't get it"
>>
>>94158138
No
The main reason he's there is
1. Why wouldn't he be? They live in the same city
2. He's Peter's idol and why wouldn't he be? He's the first Avenger to him plus he's smart and cool af
I thought the story arc was Peter trying to be Tony until he gets the suit taken away and then he tries to be himself
>>
so in spiderman homecoming, the shocker whistles when the Damage control guy tells vulture he shouldnt have overextended himself

BUT

When shocker argues with vulture, you hear the same whistle. who was whistling?
>>
this thread taught me no MCU movie is good
>>
>>94157862
I've only just seen it but I'd say

Spider-man 2>Homecoming=Spider-Man 1>ASM 1>>>>>>>>>>>>ASM 2

I have a hard time fitting Spider-Man 3 on there because it's a fucking silly movie but I still get a lot of joy from it
>>
>>94158138
Nah, Tony was the adult voice to the teenage angst that was and is early Spider-Man.

Annoying as it is, when you get older you realise how dumb young you was. Spidey in this is young, woefully inexperienced, but well meaning.

Cap could have worked great in this role of mentor, but I think it works better with Stark as the previously and still sort of current immature superhero teaching someone how to be mature.

Stark, for all his childishness HAS learned humility to some degree and HAS learned to grow the fuck up. He's the clear mentor figure.
>>
>>94158205
Homecoming had drama. It might not be better than the Rami films, but it had drama.
>>
>>94158366

That's why I said leaning towards. Homecoming had drama but it was more low key. Emphasis was in other aspects of Spider-Man instead.
>>
File: captain iron.jpg (53KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
captain iron.jpg
53KB, 1280x534px
>>94158192
He feels like a mix of Tony and Steve. He's smart and likes to talk, but he's also a good-hearted kid from New York. Plus, he's practically a Super Soldier with Tony Stark's tech, so there's that bonus.

Plus, both Tony and Steven connected to him really easily. I think they both see a little of themselves in him, which is probably what they were going for. My assumption is that they're pushing Spider-Man as Iron Man and Captain America's legacy. All they really need to do is give him some increased interaction with Steve in Infinity War and they'd be set.
>>
>>94157886
>Ned is the equivalent of giving him an MJ outlet within the first 15 minutes of the damn movie

He barely talks to Ned for fucks sake. If anyone's an outlet Karen is, and she's was meant to be there when Peter was ready for her. But she was absolutely necessary for his character growth in the movie.
>>
>>94152074
Thats not GOTG2
>>
>>94158510

/tv/ scum
>>
>>94152227
It'a not. For one thing, unlike Thor 2, it actually has a good villain and the love interest isn't infuriating Liz, the actual love interest, not michelle
>>
>>94158457
I do agree, and that makes me even more worried for Carol. Spider-Man represents the best of both Iron Man and Cap, so that just means all that's left is the worst of both worlds, which is already what they're doing in the comics. Problem is, that Carol sucks shit. It's going to be hard to find a character that suits her because most other roles and combination of personalities are already taken.
>>
so

was the washington monument actually built by slaves or what
>>
So any thoughts on who the villain is for the sequel? Kinda stretched thin what with Sony and all.
>>
>>94158731
They're clearly setting up for the Scorpion or a Sinister Six type deal. Although I wouldn't mind if they went completely out of left field and work with a more obscure classic Spidey villain, because they did wonders with Vulture.
>>
>>94152074
I don't remember this scene in Iron Man 3.
>>
>>94158780
Scorpion is already locked in for Black Cat/Silver Sable.
>>
>>94158731
If it were me, and if he were available, I'd use Kingpin. In Homecoming, Peter takes down what's basically a small group of thieves. Thieves with crazy alien tech, but still just a group of thieves. Kingpin would be the next logical step from that, and he could turn Gargan into Scorpion as an Anti-Spider-Man measure.

Too bad Kingpin's taken by the TV guys.
>>
>>94152712
>CA: The First Avenger
>Ant-Man
I would remove those and put iron man 3 in
>>
Can we all agree that movie mj was shit though?

>something something something slaves

It's like they just wanted to make some QUIRKY FUN LOL SNARKY OC but couldn't have the balls to commit so they slapped the reveal in the end.
>>
>>94158906
Not to mention IW would be perfect for introducing the black suit. Hell, its all perfectly set up to even where the spider symbol gives off the Gargan incarnation of Venom.

>>94158858
This is why I pray Venom bombs since if Venom couldn't do it, what makes them think Silver Sable/Black Cat can? That and all the characters they are using for that film alone is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>94159104
Feels too early for the black suit.
>>
>>94159209
Yeah, but Sony REALLY wants to push Venom as a franchise.
>>
>>94159311
Outside of Carnage, who else is there for him as an enemy?

>>94159209
Oh, it's just that it's the perfect storm is all.
>>
>>94152074
I've only watched a few of the marvel movies but CIVIL WAR was legitimately the worst thing I've seen. Its barely a movie.
>>
>>94156028
He didn't kill/was responsible for the death of anyone.
>>
>>94154875
Homecoming was essentially about Stark not letting two people (Toomes and Peter) do what they wanted to and the results of the path they chose afterwards
>>
>>94159799
Wait.

Shit, you're right. This really is the first Spider-Man film where Peter actually manages to save everyone he tries to save. I mean, unless you count the ferry part. Technically, Tony saved everyone there.
>>
>>94152271
Why is Frank a negro? Is this a new legacy PC Punisher I missed?
>>
>>94159898
I figured that's why they kept making the instant kill mode joke.
>>
>>94159898
Kinda plays like a Spider-Man theme. I mean, the villain was just stealing tech. No world ending scenarios or destruction on a nation wide scale, nice change of pace with it being small scale stuff.
>>
>>94160133
It could have gotten a lot worse if they got away with it, though.

Imagine
>>
>>94160165
I'd like not too.
>>
>>94152615
It was directed by Kenneth Branagh, who's known for Shakespearean cinema which is what he was trying to do with Thor, but it didn't really work out that well.
>>
>>94152853
This movie was the biggest abomination of character lore since Catwoman. Aside from the main character looking like Spider-Man, the movie had no resemblance to anything Spider-Man related.
>>
>>94158687
Or what.
>>
>>94157417
>>94157626

Allow me to explain my points.

>>94158019

This may interest you.

I have been a Spidey fan for as long as I can remember, I grew up with the 90s animated series. I read comics here and there but really got hooked when 'Ultimate Spider-Man' came out.

That was 'muh Spider-Man' for me. Though I did come to love the storylines and various ways Peter was utilised in 616, but Ult Peter was my Peter.

Now as for the Raimi films, loved them. You can see if you're a fan of Golden/Silver Age Spidey, that those films (with the exception of 3) are an outright love letter to that era and beautifully done.

My favourite though was ASM2, as that was more based on the modern UIt Spidey and the one I read as a teen so of course I loved it. I even loved ASM1 but could see the flaws, though ASM2 gave us the perfect suit, and the perfect Spidey, and Garfield really upped his game when it came to Peter. As this exchange:

>"I was cleaning the chimney."
>"We don't have a chimney..."
>"Whaaaaaat?"

Just reminded me of the comic "Okay Peter, trust your instincts..." "Peter? Are you there?" "INSTINCTS BAD!"

As well as the fact that he tried to talk down Electro first and throughout the film WAS the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.

In Homecoming? We have a Peter who carries none of the responsibilities, has no real weight upon him and everything about him was created by Tony Stark.

>Tony is his idol.
>Tony gave him the suit.
>Tony saves him constantly throughout the movie.
>Tony even gives him the 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spiderman' mantle.
>Amazing scene that was reminiscent of 'Spider-Man 2', no wait, Peter still fails and Tony saves the day as of course he does.

Peter was literally pathetic throughout the entire film, and not even dorky charming (like Maguire's Peter) just pathetic, he was not one ounce of what Spider-Man should be.
>>
>>94161028

Just to further go on, we see none of Peter's genius, none of his talent and none of his care as his all thought process is 'Me, me, me, I wanna be a big shot, screw everything else' when that line of thinking is what caused his tragedy in the first place. I don't mind not showing the origin but it's like Uncle Ben never existed at all here.

Compare that to Ult Peter, where he questions why Fisk walks around free and uses the name of Ben's killer to look into the crime syndicate and attempt to take it down.

Or to some of JMS', story lines, especially when Aunt May discovers his secret. Instead in homecoming, we get a one off gag.

The reason why so many people in /co/, dislike Homecoming is the same reason we dislike Slott's run of Spidey, they don't get the character in both cases, they just don't get the character and want him to be a Tony/Marvel Scientist Superhero clone.
>>
>>94161028
I don't recall Golden/Silver Age Spidey being an autistic manchild.
>>
>>94161153
>we see none of Peter's genius

>Dissecting alien tech and discusses it with Ned
>Working on a new web formula in chemistry class
Don't let your hate blind you dude.

>>94161028
>ASM
>ASM 2

Give me homecoming over whatever train wreck that story line was headed for.
>>
>>94161028
>Peter was literally pathetic throughout the entire film
Isn't that part of the point? Him finally being able to stand on his own at the end?
>>>94161153
>none of his genius
What about making the web fluid in class?
>none of his talent
They establish him as book smart throughout the whole movie.
>none of his care
The first thing he does after hearing the alien tech can/will explode is try to get the fuck out of the vault and save his class. He takes every risk possible trying to save them, same way he takes every risk trying to stop the Vulture without the stark suit
>>
How come everyone gets mad about Homecoming changing characters or whatever, but don't seem to care about how Raimi's Peter is a completely different person altogether from comic Peter?
>>
>>94161028
Peter developed the web fluid and the web shooters
The movie was about him learning to rely on himself instead of what Tony gave him
>>
>>94161274

It literally happens in the very second issue of his own.

>>94161278

That's actually a fair point. I feel the other movies just handled his genius and showed it far better than this one where it seemed to be fleeting moments then quickly forgotten about. Also the fact that Ned was there to be his 'Guy In The Chair' didn't help, pretty much the only thing Pete did by himself, was make web fluid.

Which don't get me wrong, is smart, but we've seen the other Peter's it different iterations do so much more and then some in the same time frame of a movie setting.
>>
why is /co/ so desperate to hate on homecoming?
>>
>>94161382
Because that's an exaggeration.
>>
>>94161423
You're mad that Ned told his phone was and where the headlights in a car was?
>>
>>94161468
He was this awkward, naive little boy in the body of an adult. It was weird. His personality seemed more fitting for an eight-year-old than for a college student.
>>
>>94161361

The movie tells us that he's book smart but does not show it like the other movies have.

He tries to save his class, when we do see him try to save people, or be a local hero, he's a laughing stock, which was funny maybe once, even twice, but constantly?

Whereas in other movies we see him properly be there to help those in the community, just because that's what he does and we see the toll it takes on him.

>>94161416

...the point is he should already be that person after Uncle Ben... as I said, it's like Ben never existed in the MCU and has Peter acting the way he would if that was the case or if Ben had never died.
>>
>>94154765
She would have been if her sidekick wasn't even worse
>>
>>94161423
I get what you are coming from, but for me the movie was good. I mean, there were some scenes I would've changed such as the "If this be my destiny" reference and the friendly neighbor spider man bit. More importantly, don't downplay the spider sense, never down play it.
>>
>>94161530
I don't see that at all
There's a difference between "With great power comes great responsibility" and "Be yourself"
>>
>>94161530
You have to understand this is an early Spider-Man though, he's new to it, hell one of the first things said by a civilian is "the spider guy from youtube" and he has to tell them he's Spider-Man, that's how new he is. And he still does try to help out, even with shit like giving an old lady directions.
>>
>>94161530
He's consistently shown to be the smartest guy in the class. There's a scene where their teacher asks the class what the answer to a problem was. Flash immediately raised his hand, but he got the answer wrong. The teacher than picked Peter, who was distracted and wasn't paying attention. He took one quick glance at the board and immediately got the right answer.

He's also the only one who made both his own web fluid and (original) web shooters. Amazing Peter made his web shooters, but needed to buy the fluid from Oscorp. On top of that, in Amazing 2, he actually had to watch a Youtube video and get advice from Gwen in order to figure out how to insulate his webbing. I found the last part really bizarre because up until then, he was shown to be a pretty big genius.
>>
>>94152074
but that's not either of the Thor movies
>>
>>94161566
>but for me the movie was good
Thats the problem buddy, not good enough. made me miss Garfiedl, and i fucking hate garfiel.
>>
>>94152271
good to know that while everything else is in flux Deadpool as a title has maintained a consistent level of unfunny quality for the duration of its existence
>>
>>94161758
Guess it's an impasse.
>>
File: Homecoming.jpg (354KB, 1024x1517px) Image search: [Google]
Homecoming.jpg
354KB, 1024x1517px
What could have been.

>Ted Melfi was in talks to direct the movie, but dropped out to direct HIDDEN FIGURES and was replaced by Jon Watts. Drew Goddard and John M. Daley & Jonathan Goldstein were also approached.

>Asa Butterfield, Charlie Rowe, Judah Lewis, Matthew Lintz, Charlie Plummer, Liam James, Chandler Riggs and Timothée Chalamet auditioned for Spider-Man before Tom Holland was cast.

>Michael Keaton initially declined the role of Adrian Toomes due to scheduling conflicts, but Marvel Studios was able to accomodate to his schedule. Michael Shannon was briefly approached for the role, but declined. Mark Hamill was also interested.

>Watts originally envisioned Nick Fury as Peter's mentor.

>In early drafts, Zendaya's character Michelle was also Peter's apartment neighbor. Further revisions made them just classmates.

>In early drafts, Tony Revolori's character was named "Manuel". Further revisions made him into Flash Thompson.

>In early drafts, Toomes would've been one of Peter's teachers and not Liz's father.

>In early drafts, War Machine and Vision would make appearances, helping Iron Man save the collapsing Staten Island ferry.

>In early drafts, Happy would tell Peter that Tony told him to tell Peter something about how "with great powers comes great... Whatever" when they meet in the bathroom.

>In early drafts, Peter would accept Stark's offer and reveal his secret identity to the world.

>Early cuts featured an extended sequence of Aunt May rescuing a young girl in peril while secretly being observed by Peter.

>Watts produce an entire DVD with over 10 different PSAs starring Captain America, including one about the importance of oral hygiene and one titled "Rapping with Cap". They'll be available on the home release.
>>
>>94162417
As a whole it sounds like what we got is better.
>>
>>94161535
And she wouldn't have been so bad if she lost one or two buttons.
>>
>>94158989
Yeah they keep doin this shit in movies. I'm not an extreme anti-sjw but I'm so tired of these Tumblr jokes in my movies dude
And also yeah Mary Jane = shit character (in homecoming)
>>
File: Rageguy.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Rageguy.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
Finally I thought I was the only one that thought this move was a steaming pile of garbage
>Main love interest was made black for social justice
>said love interest had the same dead pan acting the entire movie and was boooring
>flash thompson is indian???? and a nerd wtf bro??
>vulture was aight
>shocker was made black for sjw purposes
>his best friend finds out peters identity WHICH SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN WTF
>made aunt may into a thot whos only purpose is to make situations where peter gets made fun of for having a hot aunt
>aunt may found out hes spider man......come on
>MARY JANE IS BLACK AND AN EMO? WTF BRO WHITE AND RED HAIR ITS NOT THAT HARD
too much virtue signaling and too much sjw bullshit caused this movie to be awful. Im sure normies will love it, but true spiderman fans should never watch this crap let alone pay for it. Right after the movie finished I marched straight to customer service and demanded a refund. FIRST IT WAS MILES MORALES CRAPPING ON SPIDERMANS IMAGE AND NOW THIS????? STAN LEE HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>94162417
Dear God, look at all these bad ideas.
>>
It was an ok film imo.
Pros:
>Tom Holland was good as Peter but i didn't dig him as Spidey. This may be because he sounds more like a schoolgirl than Spider-Man.
>Vulture was good, easily the best MCU villain (which is retty depressing).
Cons:
>Spidey acted like a negligent soab during the first and second act to the point that i was rooting for the villain.
>The side characters, especially Pete's classmates and Ned. I didn't find Michelle "cute" or "funny", she was just an annoying know-it-all cunt and Flash was awful, the movie is better without him. They should have devoted more time to Vulture instead.
>The generic, cookie-cutter, by-the-numbers, made-by-commitee, etc plot. Just two hours of "SPIDEY IS IN THE MCU YAY".
>Giacapuccino is a fucking hack, the TASM movies had better soundtrack.
>Nothing memorable. It just came and went.
But i guess it's great because it has the Marvel logo.
>>
>>94152379
>>94152582
I agree with these. Raimi and Webb made Spidey movies worth the wait and didn't stand on soapboxes with messages about diversity. Plus their Spider-Men could handle things on their own, and not be a screechy fanboy to other superheroes
>>
>>94164160
There wasn't any other superheroes in those universes
Plus he becomes his own self at the end
>>
It seems Spiderfags are very insecure about any changes being made
Most fandoms are
I guess there's just more Spiderfags
>>
>>94164250
Well how nice of Spidertwink to finally catch up to the rest of the MCU after over a decade. All it took was RDJ holding his hand.
>>
>>94164539
This, RDJ wasn't a little bitch and didn't need anyone to hold his hand.
>>
>>94164539
>>94164577
But having no one to hold his hand is the what the whole climax is.
>>
YMS, who regularly gives out bad scores to cape films, gave Spider-Man Homecoming a 7/10. The same score he gave to Silence, Get Out, Kubo and the Two strings, Titanic, and the Silence of the Lambs
>>
>>94164687
>YMS
And?
>>
>>94164877
it's pretty much just /co/ (/tv/) who think this movie is anything less than good
>>
>>94152983
Oh shut the fuck up and go die, /pol.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ
>>
>>94152074
IT ISN'T LIKE THE COMICS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>94164687
Why are you using YMS as a gauge of quality? He has shit taste and I think he said something to the effect of "movies before 1970 aren't worth watching"
>>
File: IMG_2999.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2999.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
Hi /co/ its me the real Marissa Tomei. I star as Aunt May. Did you enjoy fapping to me? Now behave and I might give you some pussy. Xoxo
>>
>>94164685

Your admitting this movie isnt worth watching til the climax?
>>
>>94152271
Isn't this poking fun at another cape comic with the same scenario?
>>
File: Gabagols Internally.jpg (62KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
Gabagols Internally.jpg
62KB, 640x631px
>>94161028
>My favourite though was ASM2
How did this shitposting thread get this far?
>>
>>94162417
>Watts originally envisioned Nick Fury as Peter's mentor.
Dumb, because if Peter's going to have a mentor, it makes more sense if it's a superhero, and someone he's already interacted with.

>In early drafts, Happy would tell Peter that Tony told him to tell Peter something about how "with great powers comes great... Whatever" when they meet in the bathroom.
Legitimately worse than no line at all.

>In early drafts, Peter would accept Stark's offer and reveal his secret identity to the world.
Completely fucking up the secret identity dynamic for future films, and the line between Pater's civilian and superhero life? Please god no.

I still think "I am Iron Man" may have been one of the biggest mistakes in the MCU. In IM1, "Iron Man" felt like its own entity. Heroic, badass, scary to those who were exploiting the innocent.

When Tony says "I am Iron Man", the next thing we know, "Iron Man" disappears, becomes a party trick, like Peter in Homecoming doesn't want Spider-Man to be. It becomes an extension of Tony Stark's ego, that he uses to attract people to an Expo with his name on it, or blow up watermelons for cheering bimbos. Even in his heroics since then, Iron Man's one liners are different, his demeanor is different. That figure we saw in IM1, I can't remember ever seeing that guy again.
>>
>>94165984
Even so, I think it was the natural outcome for MCU's Tony's character. He's impulsive, egotistical, loves attention and rarely thinks about the consequences of his actions. Comics Tony is a little more pragmatic than Movie Tony is, so it makes sense for him to keep his identity secret. I can't really see Movie Tony keeping this secret for long.
>>
Pretty good movie.
>>
>>94152074
How does /co/ hate this but love WonderWomen? I don't get your taste of films.
>>
>>94160883
Now see I actually thought that it worked in Thor 1, but Thor 2 was fucking garbage.
>>
watched it in theaters a few hours ago, hated how high tech spiderman's suit was, for every white person on screen they would add in 10 characters of another race, not enough vulture, to much highschool drama.
>>
Spider-Man: Homecoming was bullshit. They even kept the gay ass web shooters from Webb's movies.
>>
>>94166454
We read comics.
>>
>>94158333

The ending was great in how it showed Stark's still far from that wise, mature teacher and Peter ends up making the smarter choice.
>>
>>94158275
>reasonable post
>in a homecoming thread
???
>>
>>94159104
>homecoming and IW stark tech suit
>damaged and replaced for end of avengers 4
>homecoming 2 black suit, ditched at ending
>venom in homecoming 3
Yeah, you're right. Need another solo movie without the black suit and the schedule doesn't much line up.
>>
>>94166454
The Wonder Woman movie was a movie about Wonder Woman and respected the character. The same could not be said for Spider-Man in Homecoming.
>>
>>94152074
Silly anon, that's not what Doctor Strange looks like!
>>
File: tomei.jpg (347KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
tomei.jpg
347KB, 1600x1066px
Never saw it yet I have to wait for DVD. Buzz says May had the best line of the movie. What was it?
>>
>>94168846
When she spots Peter unmasking at the very end she shouts "WHAT THE FU-" before getting cut off by the credits.

Really, the best line went to Cap at the end. Such a troll.
>>
>>94168885

That final bit was like dedicated to 4chan
>>
>>94168294
>Reasonable post
>The same tired old wanking over Spiderman2 the same way Nolan-fags wank over "muh realistic Batman"

I am so tired of this meme.
>>
>>94168375

Doctor strange is pretty lame but atleast it had cool visuals. Homecoming was lame and had a ps2 model with no texture and awkward lighting.
>>
>>94161451
Because hating everything MCU related is the cool new hip thing.
>>
I thought homecoming was a good movie, but a bad Spider-Man movie

>The good

- Vulture was absolutely amazing. Keaton steals every scene he's in
- I liked a beginner Peter who wasn't completely sure what he was doing, even if I'm not a fan of Ultimate Spider-Man(Loved the cometh of the commuter scene)
- the montage of Spidey doin' little things around the city was great
- I still don't like the concept of Ned's character existing, (I don't think Spider-Man should have someone his age to relate with) but I thought he played well off Peter, and I understand why they did it.
- Tom Holland's acting was great, and he did the lifting rubble scene beautifully

>The bad

- The supporting cast was fairly bland. Liz was fine and like I said, I didn't mind Ned, but the rest was so whatever.
- Michelle's character was just annoying, and she's a pretty terrible replacement for Mary Jane.
- Tony Stark should not be Peter's motivation for the rubble scene. He should absolutely find his inner strength from his responsibility of his loved ones, not because he wants to prove Tony Stark wrong. If there was no voiceover, it would have been fine. A silent scene would have been much more impactful.

>The Ugly

- Everything about that Flash Thompson was awful. I'm fine with Flash not being a physical bully, but the only trait he shares in common with the character is that he's mean to Peter. Flash should not be a selfish coward who pulls his friends out of the way to save himself, and MCU Flash really didn't give a shit about Spider-Man. He's supposed to be his #1 fan.
- The Stark tech suit really pissed me off. Spider-Man should not have an AI. I don't care if it played Peter well, it should not exist in the first place. A third of the movie revolved around Peter using his Iron Man lite suit for wacky situations. Not to mention it takes away from his genius and smarts. Spider-Man should figure things out, not some AI.
>>
>>94152271
That's almost as cringy as the movie itself
>>
>>94169210

Good those clownfest movies deserve it.
>>
>>94168846
>>94168885
I hated the May scene. In the comics, (and ultimate comics), it's played as an incredibly emotional scene.

in the movie, instead of doing that, they use it for a quick ending joke. All the emotional weight of it is gone.
>>
>>94169216

Sort of agree about the suit bit, but on the other hand, this is the year 2017. Tailoring skintight pajamas and cooking up sticky goo in chemistry class isn't a good show of anyone's intellect anymore. Interacting with artificial intelligences and using them as tools to understand complex systems is what the smart kids do today.
>>
>>94169303

In the comics, May is also like 80 years old. So what?
>>
>>94169322
I wish Peter had at least designed the look of the suit, but Tony Stark even does that for him. Is it too much to ask for Peter to even have a sketch of the costume he eventually wanted to make, but never had the money for? And then Tony found that and made it a reality?

Tony Stark is in the movie way too much despite only being in 4 scenes. His presence is everywhere throughout the entire movie. Hell, Happy gets a bigger role than the majority of Peter's supporting cast. That's bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_3001.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3001.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>When I say PENIS you say PARKER!
>PENIS!

Have fun supporting this shit you mousketeers
>>
>>94169331
and that invalidates my point how exactly?
>>
>>94169382
As someone who thinks Marvel hasn't mad a bad movie yet (I don't think Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 were bad, they just weren't good), I really really can't.

Flash was the worst part of the entire movie.
Flash is a jerk, but he's still a good guy deep down.
>>
>>94169407
I'll say. I'll take Amazing Flash over that douche.
>>
>>94169355

Well, the approach they took with the story kinda necessitates it. Tony represent not only the Avengers that Peter wants to join, but he's also a sort of a father figure, to facilitate Peter's growth on two distinct levels: as a hero and as a person. I disagree about the support cast. Ned especially had a very prominent role and had the other kids been featured more, it would've become an annoyance.
>>
File: 2191919-2_flash.png (370KB, 921x384px) Image search: [Google]
2191919-2_flash.png
370KB, 921x384px
>>94169458
For all the ASM movies' faults, Flash Thompson was not one of them. He was one of the best adapted characters.
You have scenes of him being a jerk bully, showing off his sport skills, a scene where he apologizes to Peter when his Uncle dies, and then he's more friendly to Peter in the end, even wearing a Spider-Man shirt to show that he's a fan.
And it was all done without feeling rushed or forced.
And then Sony basically decided to not use him at in the sequel except for the graduation scene. They could have made Flash his best friend.
>>
>>94165756
It's poking fun at the second worst DCEU movie.
>>
>>94162918
>Instead of just watching a film and enjoying it for its own merits, I had to try and politicise every little thing in it and wound up ruining the film for myself
>>
>>94165714
No, he's saying that's his growth you spastic.
>>
>>94152271
terrible writing. like not even slightly funny
>>
>>94156201
The sheer mental gymnastics people will go through to justify their ridiculous opinions.
>>
>>94157826
Go fuck yourself. That kind of hokey acting is part of its charm and was very prevalent in the early 2000s. No
>>
>>94169535
>>94169407
Absolute shit taste. Raimi Flash and homecoming Flash were decent as hell. ASM Flash looked like a thug who dealt drugs and had no future aspirations.

I swear you hate homecoming Flash just for his skin color. Yes I'm playing the race card here. I really fucking don't see his teasing of Pete was any different.

Unless you count the cringe that was penis Parker. What dumbfuck teen isn't that cringe worthy?

Anyways to me Flash was fine Ganke/Ned was the worst bit. Pete doesn't need a shit side kick.
>>
>>94166919
>for every white person on screen they would add in 10 characters of another race
Yes, because an all white public school is realistic.

>to much highschool drama
Yes, because its not like Peter is a highschool student or anything.
>>
>>94156679
Why don't mods actively ban shitposting? Like it would actually clean up co a bit more. We've had Pol, tv and fucking Reddit invade here. Is there an alternative good discussion board left?
>>
>>94171460
Guess anon never lived in actual big cities? NYC is crazy diverse. This ain't even white suburban middle school.
>>
>>94152204
Batman v Superman is pure kino
>>
>>94166919
>>94171460

These aren't even issues to me as I agree with this anon, it's a NYC school and part of the fun of Spidey is the High School drama, of him trying to live the double life.

>>94171439

It's not the race card, it's the fact that to me Flash is the personification of privileged jock white boy. You could have had other characters like an adaption of Kong (from the Ult Universe) who may have joined in but called Flash on his shit which would've been much better.

I didn't even mind the character of Michelle, it was the call me 'MJ' part that was just stupid.

Up until that point, I thought she was a fine addition and didn't bother me.

However the thing about Homecoming is that is just didn't get Peter's character right, there was no complexity or subtleness to his character it was literally like the writers went "In the comics, Spider-Man does this or Peter does that, so lets include it in!" without understanding the context of what they were adding.

As Tom Holland was GREAT in Civil War, the Spidey from Civil War and in Homecoming felt like two completely different characters.

No matter the flaws that the Raimi and ASM films had, they at least had the heart of Spidey in them.

Homecoming just ticked the boxes off of a checklist.
>>
>>94171494
You don't even have to live in a big city, I live in a small southern city in VA and my highschool was that diverse.

Would a suburban school really be all white these days?
>>
Unpopular opinion, I liked the movie.
>>
>>94168846
"Fuck, me Peter."
>>
>>94152271
This is webcomic-tier of writing and facial expressions. I mean look at Wade's face in the last panel, looks like something from CAD.
>>
Thor 2
>>
>>94168363
Hey man. I care about a movie being comic accurate to. I currently hate how the new Aquaman is acting with his whole surfer dude personality. But I'm willing to bitterly forgive that if it's actually a good movie.
>>
>>94152271
>there are retards who don't understand Martha scene

lol
>>
>>94172298
Understanding something doesn't make it good. I can understand Family Guy's humour, that doesn't make it good, for example.
>>
>>94172298
Then explain it us
>>
File: Marisa-Tomei-Sexy-26-.jpg (142KB, 1650x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa-Tomei-Sexy-26-.jpg
142KB, 1650x1648px
>>94168846
>Peter, my yoga class today is canceled, will you help your antie stretch please?
>>
>>94172470
THEIR MOMS HAVE THE SAME NAME
JEEZUZ KRAIST IS IT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND
THAT MEANS THEY ARE SUPER BEST FRIENDS PRAISE SNYDER
>>
File: the incredible hulk 1.jpg (65KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
the incredible hulk 1.jpg
65KB, 640x427px
I bet OP didn't even see this
>>
>>94173144
It's still better than Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 though.
>>
>>94173256
I still enjoyed parts of Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 due to Downey and Hiddleston, the Incredible Hulk is the only MCU movie that I completely lost interest in while watching. Granted the Abomination fight at the end was miles better than any fight scene we got in Iron Man 2 and Thor 2
>>
>>94173144
It gets a pass for being several times better than Ang Lee's Hulk
>>
>>94172298
The scene would have gone over a lot better if Superman said mom instead of Martha.
>>
>>94158989
I don't mind race-lifts but she was far more similar in character to Gwen than MJ. I don't know why they didn't have her be Gwen, considering she's the next love interest for Peter after Liz chronologically anyway/
>>
>>94162417
>In early drafts, Tony Revolori's character was named "Manuel". Further revisions made him into Flash Thompson.
Why did they change him?

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed watching Revolori be a little cunt, but the character he's playing is barely like Flash. I don't even mind race-swapping characters but the guy was playing a very different kind of bully. Even if it's set at a science-focused high school, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a football team.

Glad they didn't have that. I understand not focusing too much on Uncle Ben this time around but that'd just be a slap in the face.

>Watts produce an entire DVD with over 10 different PSAs starring Captain America, including one about the importance of oral hygiene and one titled "Rapping with Cap". They'll be available on the home release.

I'm pretty excited for these though.
>>
>>94173811
This.

The Martha scene was badly done but I really like the idea behind it (which is why it annoys me more).

But that's BvS all over, to be honest. The film could have had essentially the same plot but with much more clear and concise writing and I think it would have been a genuine masterpiece.
>>
>>94152983
Why give a shit about marketing?Marketing is virtually separate from the actual film.
Do yourself a favor and stop paying attention to marketing in every form, your life will improve
>>
>>94153704
To be fair Norton dropped any promotional after the movie because he hated the execs. He wanted more character development for Banner but they pretty much told him, "Nah, it's just a popcorn flick." He caused a lot of butthurt because of it.
>>
>>94152074
It a fun, comfy and enjoyable experience. It felt like I was watching a feature length saturday morning cartoon.

Not my fault you people are jaded.
>>
>>94173811
I can hear the heart breaking desperation in his voice as he says the word.

They missed a prime opportunity to create a beautiful moment.
>>
>>94172298
The thing is, the idea was good, making Batman realize that even a godlike being such as Superman has a human mother and he cares for her. But the execution is what made it become a meme, if Supes has said something akin to "Please, don't let my mother die" It would come across as more clear, and make the "our moms have the same name lol" thing a small quip or something after.
>>
>>94173620
I'm gonna get lots of hate for this, but Ang Lee's Hulk had good stuff in it, like the dream sequence of Bruce looking into the mirror and seeing The Hulk before the Hulk strangles him, that imagery was some real good shit.

At the same time we got dog balls though...

the action sequences in Incredible Hulk are really good though, and Blonsky is quite an underrated MCU villain.
>>
>>94175322
This is the problem with Snyder. He has some fantastic ideas and a great eye for visuals but goddamn he does not know how human beings talk.
>>
>>94174084
>Even if it's set at a science-focused high school, I'd be surprised if they didn't have a football team.
We saw Peter walk right by the school's football field, there's no reason for them not to have one.

Couldn't Flash have been smart and still sporty? I don't care if he beats Peter up, but him being a jock would just give him more reason to see himself as better than Peter
>>
>>94174084
>Glad they didn't have that. I understand not focusing too much on Uncle Ben this time around but that'd just be a slap in the face.

Uncle Tony's voiceover during the rubble scene was slap in the face enough for me.
>>
What if a spider had been bitten by a radioactive Peter?
>>
I don't know how to describe it very well, but the movie had this way of being very pushy and awkward in a sense of political correctness and overall punchlines. I don't mind flash being a Spanish kid who looks Indian, Pete's half black crush or Pete's fat friend. MJ's role was absolutely unnecessary in every sense of her playing as "that chick" who made no effort in pretending to care and making comments nobody asked for. And Peter was a bit too emotional for my taste but I guess it shows how young and naive he is. Besides that it'd be alright if it wasn't being so try hard.
>>
>>94177006
Personally, the race lifts didn't bother me that much. Most of the characters didn't have enough individual screentime for me to care. Besides, I already got used to Liz not being white after Spectacular.
>>
>>94177006
>And Peter was a bit too emotional for my taste but I guess it shows how young and naive he is.
Peter's always been an emotional character, though. That's why he's always making jokes in the suit, because it helps hide when he's scared as shit.
>>
That's not Civil War.
>>
>>94152227
Thor 2 is good. it's Civil War who is the worst movie.
>>
>>94152371
I remember being 12.
>>
>Michelle is has the exact same personality as my little sister and similar hairstyle

Shit's uncanny. Even her line delivery is about how she talks.
>>
>>94179064
I'm so sorry.
>>
>>94156323
"This was a good X, but not a good Y X" sums it all up. Spider-Man is crazy well known already, so deviation from what is seen as "Spider-Man" is hated.
>>
>>94156685
It is okay, by Spider-Man: Hobgoblin or whatever he and Flash will be on decent enough terms to play tennis.
>>
>>94173811
>>94174794

Superman crying for mommy while getting rekt by big bad batman would've been incredibly lame though. (It already was though)
>>
>>94158255
Shocker II maybe?

Vulture was great, but he the guys working under him were pretty meh. I suppose in Shocker's case his default personality of low-risk operations, make own stuff guy would overlap with Vulture, but really didn't add much.
>>
>>94158646
A violent, irresponsible egomaniac who wears militarism as a badge of honor and acts based on feelings instead of reason?
>>
>>94161274
What else would call a nerd who is hostile to the local sports hero and goes on "I'll show them all" rants and gives up when he gets his shit wrecked at the beginning?
>>
>>94177581
Your parents did always praise your short-term memory.
>>
>>94169407
He is obsessed with Peter. Should marry him.
>>
The only Spider-man adapted media I've ever truly enjoyed were this movie, and the 90s cartoon.
>>
>>94179357
There's a difference between crying and being desperate.
>>
>>94175482
I feel like it's more like he doesn't understand that superman has human feelings or that he doesn't understand what genuine emotion is that doesn't include anger, revenge, wrath, evil, or moral ambiguity.
>>
>>94152834
/tv/ fuck off
>>
>>94153263
Loo man, I agree with you about companies being super gay about 'diversity' but the fact remains that it's a good movie and there's only one character that even touches that stuff and she us mostly ignored by all the other characters.
>>
File: 43211L.jpg (30KB, 640x234px) Image search: [Google]
43211L.jpg
30KB, 640x234px
What did you guys think would happen? Marvel treated this movie the same way this cartoon got treated on Disney XD
>>
File: Marvel-Cinematic-Universe.jpg (40KB, 838x533px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Cinematic-Universe.jpg
40KB, 838x533px
>>94152074
best to worst:

Winter Soldier
Iron Man
Guardians
The First Avenger
Guardians Vol. 2
Avengers
>>POWER GAP<<
Civil War
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Homecoming
Iron Man 3
Age of Ultron
Thor
>>POWER GAP<<
Incredible Hulk
The Dark World
Iron Man 2
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.