[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Editorial Internship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 1480211112895.jpg (162KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
1480211112895.jpg
162KB, 800x420px
How 'bout it, /co/? Want to get in on the ground floor and repair Marvel Comics?
>https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/new-york/editorial-intern-fall-2017/391/5198342

>Editorial Intern, Fall 2017

>Interns in Marvel’s editorial department have the opportunity to act as an apprentice on tasks directly related to comic book production. Like most office interns, they perform some clerical duties, such as filing and shredding sensitive documents, but they also format scripts, collect reference and perform research for editors to send to artists and writers, check lettering drafts for corrections, and write recap pages. Those that show interest and diligence are also given opportunities to review colors, review line art for balloon placement, and share their thoughts about scripts.

>Responsibilities

>Editorial interns should be ready to scan papers to pdfs, transcribe notes, or read stories prior to their publication to ensure there are no continuity or spelling errors. The intern is an additional set of eyes for the book to pass under before going to the printer. Time management and task prioritization are also essential since editorial interns work with multiple editors. Interns are responsible for organizing their day and for seeking out places and times when their assistance is needed.
>>
>>94150631
>Basic Qualifications

>Students of all years, majors, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. There are no creative qualifications. However, experience in narrative-based (published or performed) media is preferred, and editorial experience is desirable. Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite is a must.

>All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.

>All candidates must be at least 18 years old.

>All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.

>All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.

>All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.

>Preferred Qualifications

>Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.

>Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.

>Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing

>Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.

>Required Education

>Currently pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS, and they must be enrolled in college/university.
>>
Why would I apply for a job which doesn't exist?
>>
Internships are the death of the workforce. When people are so desperate for a job that they will work for nothing, it's no wonder jobs are so difficult to find.
>>
>>94150743
What work would they have to do for current Marvel? "Does it have a straight white male in it?" "No." "Print that shit!" Its easy!
>>
I think this would be pretty neat to get a real behind the scenes look at the Marvel workplace and have a cushy job because editors don't actually have to do shit from all the mistakes they've let through in the past few years.
>>
>>94151016
>cushy job
You clearly don't know a single thing about working at Marvel. Working in the Marvel offices are absolute hell and that's why anyone with any talent or marketability of any kind gets the fuck outta there ASAP to find better paying jobs that don't have terrible working conditions.

Perlmutter makes sweatshops look comfortable.
>>
>>94151113
It was a joke Anon. As in the fact that Marvel Editors do not do their job and just let whatever through.
>>
File: pol invasion.gif (2MB, 472x360px) Image search: [Google]
pol invasion.gif
2MB, 472x360px
>working for the Mouse.
>>
>>94151159
But Marvel Editors do do their jobs. The problem is that Perlmutter gutted the editorial department back in 2011. One editor is doing the job that used to be done by 2 editors and 4 assistant editors. The reason so much shit goes through is because they're overworked, underpaid and working in shitty work conditions.
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>94150631
>Interns
Hire real workers and not retarded people from Tumblr or reddit or people that work for free, filthy kikes
>>
I've done the internship it's pretty great

>>94151463
You do get paid and you're not doing anything besides gruntwork, you're not actually effecting the comics
>>
>>94150743
Interns make as much as retail workers if not more
>>
>>94150631
A /co/ hostile takeover of Marvel from the ground up would be glorious
We'd do Secret Empire only Hydra would be good guys
>>
>>94150631
>and write recap pages.
Yup figured as much. That Gen Z speak in every recap page is telling.
>>
>>94150631
>collect reference and perform research for editors to send to artists and writers
Okay faggots, case closed. Now you know who's to blame for all the fuck ups in continuity. Can you stop blaming Bendis now? It's not his fucking job to do any research is the stupid interns job.
>>
>>94150631
>write recap pages
...and now we know why some of the Marvel recap pages are so chock-full of jokes. They're the only creative outlet for interns who want to be writers!
(Not criticizing! I find this information enlightening.)
>>
>>94151820
>I don't read comics but I know that Hydra are nazis so I like them XD
>>>/pol/
>>
>>94151463
You have to pay real workers living wages, and Perlmutter is staunchly anti-spending money.
>>
>>94151933
Please leave, tumblr.
>>
>>94151883
Eh, yes and no, Bendis is definitely supposed to know continuity as a major player at Marvel. Waid (as bad as he's become) or Gruenwald would never fuck that kind of shit up. And honestly if you're gonna blame the 19 year old making 10 bucks an hour over the guy who's made millions writing superheroes, you're a faggot.
>>
>>94151933
It was a joke you sperglord
>>
>>94151991
>I'll call him tumblr, that'll prove I read comics
Why would Hydra ever be the good guys? How does that not fly in the face of Captain America?
>>
>>94152016
But jokes are funny.
>>
>>94152024
I think you're misunderstanding the original post. He said this time Hydra would be the good guys because of the hot new event comic out right now Secret Empire had Hydra be the bad guys and take over America.
>>
>>94152089
But once again, why would Hydra be the good guys?
>>
File: 1500025817606.jpg (47KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1500025817606.jpg
47KB, 1024x575px
>>94150631
fuck it, I'm applying, even though I don't even live in NY
>>
>>94152577
Nice anon. It's a great internship. If you get it make absolutely sure you go to the lunches where you discuss a comic. You'll get to argue with Brevoort it's pretty fun.
>>
>>94150631
Do i get paid? How else am i to provide for my own housing?
>>
>>94150631
>but they also format scripts, collect reference and perform research for editors to send to artists and writers, check lettering drafts for corrections, and write recap pages. Those that show interest and diligence are also given opportunities to review colors, review line art for balloon placement, and share their thoughts about scripts.

>Editorial interns should be ready to scan papers to pdfs, transcribe notes, or read stories prior to their publication to ensure there are no continuity or spelling errors. The intern is an additional set of eyes for the book to pass under before going to the printer.
So... the interns are supposed to do the editors' job.
>>
>>94151764
Animation interns make zero dollars. I know this from experience. Marvel interns also work for free. Dunno about DC interns though.
>>
>>94152987
>Do i get paid?
No. It's an internship. And Ike Perlmutter is your boss.
>How else am i to provide for my own housing?
This is why they only accept student labor. As a student you're expected to already have housing on or nearby campus. And students will gladly work for free.
>>
>>94153574
I literally worked as a Marvel intern and got paid, so you're woefully misinformed
>>
>>94153637
Unpaid internships are virtually illegal in NY, and Marvel is no exception. You get paid there. Honestly you faggots who think that you know everything because you spend a bit of time on /co/ are insufferable.
>>
>>94152403
Because by saying he'd do a "Secret Empire" he's saying that they would take over Marvel from the inside like Hydra did, but they would be the good guys unlike Hydra. I do not get how you can't understand this.
>>
>>94153828
On the internet, no one knows you're Mr. Kown
>>
>>94150631
Shit, I really want to do it but I can't drop everything and book it to New York. I even have family there that'd probably let me stay with them, but I'm going to my local college on prepaid money and can't blow it all on the CHANCE of being able to tell Bendis his work 'needs improvement'.
>>
>>94153828
Oh damn I am retarded thanks for explaining anon.
>>
File: 1416432121939.jpg (6KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
1416432121939.jpg
6KB, 249x242px
>>94153716
>>
>>94154625
https://www.glassdoor.com/Intern-Salary/Marvel-Entertainment-Internship-Salary-E3929.htm

Retard
>inb4 everyone there is lying too, and you are the only correct individual ever on the earth
>>
>>94154114
>>
File: 1338075477033.jpg (48KB, 370x473px) Image search: [Google]
1338075477033.jpg
48KB, 370x473px
>Want to apply to finally break in
>Not in school anymore
Why? Why can't I have a chance just because I'm not some college kid anymore?
>>
If the Scientologists can infiltrate the US government we can take over Marvel desu
>>
>>94155913
I know that feeling, anon. I'm at the point where I'm too old to get an internship anywhere, but it's fucking impossible to get experience when no one is hiring anyone that doesn't already have experience.
>>
>>94156108
All I wanna have is a shot at writing the stories I'd love to see, but I'm not some 400 pound genderfluid race fetishist so I guess fuck me.
>>
>>94153768
>Unpaid internships are virtually illegal in NY
If that's true, which I doubt, then it's a recent development because I have indeed worked as an unpaid intern in New York several times.
>>
>>94156337
Well getting a job as an editorial intern won't help with that. You want to become a writer then you're going to have to do some writing. Find an artist to work with, pay them a standard rate if you don't want to share rights, and build out your portfolio. None of Marvel's current writers became writers because they were editorial interns. Being able to pour a cup of coffee doesn't mean you know how to write.
>>
>>94154754
>Marvel Entertainment
That's their tv division, dumdum.
>>
>>94155913
Because college kids are easier to push around.
>>
>>94152046
No,jokes are attempts
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.