[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These two were the only GOOD movies of Phase 1 and you know it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 6659845_f520.jpg (53KB, 520x367px) Image search: [Google]
6659845_f520.jpg
53KB, 520x367px
These two were the only GOOD movies of Phase 1 and you know it
>>
Iron man one isn't even really good, you were just 12 and liked it because you were 12
>>
Captain America and Thor's intro films were fine and there's not a shit ton you could've done to make them better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i574Em3IrI
>>
>>94141353
Thor and TFA were really good
the first avenger is actually the highest rated other than iron man

avengers is still my favorite, not just of phase 1, but of all superhero movies (it is phase 1 right?)
>>
>>94141782
>>94141391
Captain America first act is pretty fucking good but then it gets boring. Terrible fight scenes, villain, final
>>
>>94141369
I don't see how Iron Man was bad unless you just don't like the character of Iron Man. It pretty much captured the original comic perfectly and updated it into a modern scenario, I couldn't imagine what there is to complain about unless you simply hate the character to begin with
>>
>>94141353

Nah, Avengers was fun too. Thor and TFA were pretty bland though.
>>
>>94141353
Ang Lee's Hulk was better
>>
>>94141782
>Thor
>really good
Maybe if you're Dutch.
>>
>>94141353
Incredible Hulk is legitimately the worst movie in the MCU.

I can smell the underage on you.
>>
>>94144281
>Incredible Hulk is legitimately the worst movie in the MCU.
>I can smell the underage on you.
How ironic, only an underage would think that

Both Thors are far worse, and so was Guardians if you have any taste

Hulk has actual themes and real villains who posed a threat, you know, things an action movie needs
>>
>>94143924
Shit taste. I want to see smashing and fights not boring science.

>>94144281
Are you sure you saw the right Hulk movie.
>>
I liked Captain America 1 more than all other Phase 1 film.
>>
>>94141353
MCU in general is shit. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>94141353
Hulk instead of Cap? Nah
>>
>>94141353
Thor was pretty solid on all the scenes that weren't on earth.

But for some reason they went full retard by making the entire middle act ridiculously boring and forgettable.
>>
File: the only correct ranking.jpg (219KB, 1496x948px) Image search: [Google]
the only correct ranking.jpg
219KB, 1496x948px
>>
>>94145360
This. I generally love the first Captain America film and I don't get the hate it gets.
>>
>>94141353
The only good MCU movies in general.
>>
>>94141353
Fuck you, I loved Cap 1.

>I see the future, Captain, there are no flags!
>Not my future!

Or Based Skull's casual "Hail HYDRA" while holding a glass of wine, or when the Nazi generals realize he's going to bomb them too.

I also liked Avengers. It isn't a perfect movie, but I definitely think it's a very good action flick.
>>
>>94141353
Iron Man - 9/10
Incredible Hulk - 8.5/10
Iron Man 2 - 3/10
Thor - 4/10
Captain America TFA - 8.5-9/10
Avengers - 8/10
>>
>>94144281
There is nothing in TIH half as bland as Malekith or as grating as the Dark World's humor.
>>
>>94146478

>Dark Knight Rises
>Good

Confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>94146478
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Good
>>
>most kinoest mcu films
Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2, Cap 1
>good
Inc Hulk, Avengers, Cap 2
>meme
Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Civil War, Dr Strange, Ant-Man
>LOL
Guardians 1, Guardians 2, Homecoming
>>
>>94142010
I agree. Yeah, fights hydra, but I wanted to see him fight some regular Nazis.
>>
>>94141353
True
Avengers 1 were decent but only as first big crossover ever
Cap 2, antman and Gotg 1 are all >average MCU movies
>>
>>94146856
>Iron Man 2
>kino
Wew lad.
>>
>>94141353
That reminds me, I fucking hate that "the incredible hulk" was shot like it was a lifetime movie of the week
>>
File: 1463057546276.jpg (46KB, 500x383px)
1463057546276.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>94144281
I know that this is bait but I'm still going to take you to school anyway because this meme needs to die.
First off, the titular cast of Incredible Hulk is better than in any MCU film. Edward Norton has turned in fantastic performances, dating back to when he was in Primal Fear and became more popular in films likes American History X. William Hurt has never turned in a bad performanc, just look at Mr. Brooks or even a History of Violence. And you only needs to watch a few episodes of Lie to Me to see how good Tim Roth is.

Now what acting tour de force are you going to compare that to in the rest of the MCU? Chris Hemsworth? The best film he was in was Ca$h and that was Sean Bean's film. Scarlett Johansson in the Prestige? Bale and Jackman owned it. RDJ in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Outshined by Val Kilmer.

Incredible Hulk isn't scripted with quips every 7 minutes. There's funny lines and a chuckle-worthy scene here and there but the most important thing is that it doesn't break pacing.
When Hulk's choking out Abomination, you don't hear General Ross chime in with
>Okay, easy there David Carradine

Soundtrack is excellent, cinematography is great with particular note to the parkour scene in Brazil and the direction is excellent.
When you go to see a Hulk film you want to see Hulk smashing, staring at his reflection in the water.

So fuck you, fuck this meme, Incredible Hulk ftw
>>
>>94141369
I was 19.
>>
File: 1461338688285.jpg (100KB, 682x600px)
1461338688285.jpg
100KB, 682x600px
>>94148173
>When Hulk's choking out Abomination, you don't hear General Ross chime in with
>Okay, easy there David Carradine
Jesus Christ
>>
>>94142164
The Avengers was pretty damn bland, moreso than Captain America and Thor
>>
>>94141353
Iron-Man 1 is a good movie because it wasnt made by the MCU committee. It was its own movie instead of a piece of a bigger product. And TWS was good because it actively avoided the marvel formula. The rest that follows the MCU moneymaking formula is just shit.

The best Marvel movies werent done by Marvel/Disney (sm2, blade, hulk 2003, xmen 2). Instead of asking for marvel to get the rights back, I would be asking for marvel to lose the rights they already have. I would love better Thor movies.
>>
>>94150645
Avengers had the hype of the pop culture phenomenon. It was a social event. The movie is bland as fuck and bad just like Age of Ultron
>>
>>94146856
Iron Man 2 may be the first completely irredeemable movie I've seen. Even bad movies like Suicide Squad and Thor 2 have a good scene here and there but Iron Man 2 is 100% boring from start to finish.
>>
>>94141369
Its good because everyone was expecting it to be shit because who the fuck even likes Iron Man, he is a shit d list hero, no one expected a movie based on him to be decent but it was so everyone thought it was pretty good
>>
>>94141369
Bullshit. IM1 was GOAT capeshit and it's a damn shame we will never got something like this scene in the MCU again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxwzr-V-iXM
>>
File: TLDR.gif (3MB, 252x263px)
TLDR.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>94148173
>First off, the titular cast of Incredible Hulk is better than in any MCU film.
Literally stopped right there. No one in the MCU has ever phoned it in harder than Norton did. Shit, even Hopkins had at least one scene where he seemed to try in Thor. You're pretending Liv Tyler is someone that can act here. The only bright spot in this entire piece of shit is Sam Elliot.

But nice try snowflake.
>>
>>94151094
lol ment william hurt

Incredible Hulk is such a piece of shit I started to think about Ang Lee's much better movie
>>
>>94150805
It's in the bottom, but I found it more entertaining than both of those. The intro and the scene where Tony calls out the military for wanting his suit is good, Iron Man and War machine fighting a bunch of robot drones was cool.
>>
>>94150805
The drunk party scene is fun, and any time Sam Rockwell or Mickey Rourke were on screen the movie improved.
>>
>>94141369
Watched it last month and it still holds up my friend
>>
>>94141369
>this is the kind of contrarian attitude people use to justify hating things these days
>>
>>94146693
>>94146678
i dont think he included the post credits scenes
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.