[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As Told By Ginger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: E8_2.jpg (69KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
E8_2.jpg
69KB, 960x640px
Was Courtney gay?
>>
>>94134420
Yes. She was gay for Ginger but the network vetoed bringing her coming out subplot to the forefront, so all we get are mild suggestions that Courtney was gay.

Supposedly there was going to be a major two-part episode where Courtney was going to "fall from grace" because her popular cohorts thought she was a freak for being attracted to girls, and after Ginger rejected her Courtney was going to get all suicidal about it.
>>
>>94134420
her brother is pretty gay too
>>
>>94134474
>Courtney was going to get all suicidal
Explains why she wasn't in the epilogue.
>>
>>94134514
The Griplings just have a fetish for white trash.
>>
>>94134474
Does anyone have a source for this? I see this get posted a lot but I can never find anything online to actually support it.

Also I just re-watched the series recently and there wasn't really any evidence for it in the show.
>>
>>94134420
Was Miranda always bitchy? I know Dodie is the worst of all time but did Miranda have any redeeming qualities?
>>
>>94134420
Gay as the Fourth of July.

Shame she never replaced Dodie in the main group.
>>
File: tumblr_lmv4d3Fn3N1qluxp0o1_400.gif (444KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmv4d3Fn3N1qluxp0o1_400.gif
444KB, 350x263px
>>94134605
So what's your heterosexual explanation for this?
>>
>>94134667
I think she mellowed out a bit in later seasons, but my memory's fuzzy on the details.
>>
>>94134667
Yeah, she got a kick out of making fun of Ginger and her friends, but after the camp special she got less bitchy.
>>
>>94134719
That was just Courtney being self centered. She also had a song about herself that she performed more than once and at other people's parties. Courtney also wanted Ginger to hook up with other guys and lusted after Darren's older brother.
>>
File: tumblr_nan86bzcBC1s69cqno1_1280.png (391KB, 814x622px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nan86bzcBC1s69cqno1_1280.png
391KB, 814x622px
>>94134719
You just know she had one of Ginger for herself.
>>
>>94134474
>and after Ginger rejected her Courtney was going to get all suicidal about it.
I thought it was Ginger rejects her but helps her accept her sexuality. If that suicidal part is true that might explain why she was absent from the final scene.
>>
>>94134474
I'm a little dyke girl, living in a straight world,
And it's so hard to get by, Cause Ginger's not even Bi,
>>
>>94134605
>there wasn't really any evidence for it in the show
You weren't paying attention then.
>>
>>94134696
>Shame she never replaced Dodie in the main group.
Well is Mommie Nearest is any indication, she prefers Courtney at an arms length.
>>
File: tumblr_okgeofpEXx1r2lmkgo3_400.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okgeofpEXx1r2lmkgo3_400.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>
Do you think ATBG would have been better received if it were in live action?

Do you think it would have been better received if it were animated by anybody but Klasky-Csupo?
>>
>>94137233
More so if it aired during a different time. Shows similar but less interesting were around a lot and people overlooked it because of that.
>>
>>94137233
Probably there's no doubt that it's aimed at girls but it doesn't gain anything by being animated. I guess it had better acting than whatever disney channel shit was being churned out at the time
>>
>>94134420
Yes
>>
>>94137184
That scene played out like a stereotypical confession scene.
>>
>>94134474
Was she?
I loved the show but I just saw her as being strangely interested in being middle class despite her rich lifestyle
>>
>>94137233
>Klasky-Csupo
I can't imagine anyone BUT them animating this series. Yeah, their art style isn't the most universally appealing, but at least they ANIMATE their fucking shows. If this was done by almost any other studio, the characters wouldn't move more than 60% of the time.

Consider just how much animation actually goes into stuff like Rocket Power, Wld Thornberries, Rugrats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJOjDArK9bY
It's not Disney level, but for a bunch of slice-of-life shows, characters actually having some varying degree of acting is important to keep this shows from not being a total snorefest.
>>
>>94139475
Yes, she was.
>>
>>94135408
I really would like to know what happened to her and why she wasn't at Ginger's book reading.
>>
>>94134420
Its obvious she is but the real question is, "Is Miranda gay for Courtney?"
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.