[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do we know if any clones other than Ben survived Clone Conspiracy yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: Clone Conspiracy.png (2MB, 1266x967px) Image search: [Google]
Clone Conspiracy.png
2MB, 1266x967px
Do we know if any clones other than Ben survived Clone Conspiracy yet?
>>
None that I can think of.
>>
1º) COMFIRMED SURVIVORS:
- Martha Connors: Alive, but turned into a zombie/lizard.
- Billy Connors: Alive, but turned into a zombie/lizard.
- Electro (Francine Frye): Alive.
- Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius): Alive, but escaped as the Proto-Clone as "Superior Octopus".
- Spider-Slayer (Alistair Smythe): Alive.
- Spencer Smythe: Apparently alive, with his original Spider-Slayer Mark I.
- Montana (Jackson Brice): Alive, as he was arrested by SHIELD.
- Massacre (Marcus Lyman): Alive, as he was arrested by SHIELD.
- Stilt-Man (Wilbur Day): Alive, as he was arrested by SHIELD.

2º) Not confirmed, but possibles:
+ Gwen Stacy: We didn't see her dissolving.
+ Nick Katzenberg.
+ Bluebird (Sally Avril).
+ Ned Leeds.
+ Jean DeWolff: Not sure.
+ Dr Ashley Kafka: Not sure about her.
+ Nathan Lubensky: Not sure about him.
- The Jackal (Miles Warren): The original one. No body, no proof.
- Ox (Raymond Bloch): Montana survived, so Ox should have survived too.
- Jack O'Lantern (Steven Levins).
- Green Goblin (Dr Bart Hamilton).
- Hobgoblin (Arnold Donovan).
- Tarantula (Anton Miguel Rodriguez).
- Big Man (Frederick Foswell).
- Hit-Man (Burt Kenyon).
- Mirage (Desmond Charne).
- Kangaroo (Frank Oliver).
- Eduardo Lobo.
- Mysterio (Francis Klum).
- Rose.
>>
>>94131949
>- Electro (Francine Frye): Alive.

Wait, when did she die so she had to be cloned?
>>
>>94132657
In the same issue she first appeared in, three years ago.
>>
Not sure if she survived, but they took the opportunity to retcon 616 Jean DeWolff into Ultimate Jean DeWolff for some reason. I bet she'll show up again.
>>
>>94130984
Any that Slott wants to use later.
>>
>>94131949
>+ Ned Leeds.

This was confirmed in a later issue, wasn't it? Betty kept getting calls from Ned.

Unless it turns out to be Ganke prank calling
>>
>>94133264

>Betty marries Ganke
>>
I don't think any of it will matter. It was just a gimmick to bring Ben back
>>
>>94131949
>+ Gwen Stacy: We didn't see her dissolving.
Slott's final issue on Spider-Man will have a page where a blonde with sunglasss (or with some other element that somewhat obscures her face) looks at Spidey flying by, smiles and disappeares in the crowd.
Screencap this.
>>
>>94134570
That would make me so fucking angry.
>>
>>94130984
The fact that some clones survived proves that Ben's idea could work with tweaks added by Pete and his team.
But sorry, folks, we can't allow cure for death, because "muh uncle Ben would be ashamed" and clone racism (clonism?).
>>
>>94131949

Jason Macendale (Hobgoblin) might be confirmed to be alive as well given in Jessica Jones a Hobgoblin shows up and after "killing" Maria Hill proclaims, "HE GOT A VICTORY!" Which could be Macendale given he always so sought one.
>>
>>94131949
>Massacre (Marcus Lyman): Alive, as he was arrested by SHIELD.
of all the pointless little shits to continue living
>>
File: luckysob.jpg (14KB, 117x167px) Image search: [Google]
luckysob.jpg
14KB, 117x167px
how many times has this mother fucker come back to life now? I dont even remember his name, just that he came back a few times now
>>
>>94135109
Mirage is best boy. Being the guy who just keeps dying and coming back might just be his niche

>how many times has this mother fucker come back to life now

IIRC
>killed by Scourge of the Underworld in the bar with no name massacre
>Cloned by Arnim Zola
>Murdered by Deadpool
>Resurrected by the Hood
>Shot in the head by Punisher
>Woke up in a hospital(?) in time for his cameo in Superior Foes
>Pushed off roof by Boomerang, noting that "he'll be back."
>And now he's back thanks to Jackal

I for one cannot wait to see what happens next!
>>
>>94135109

Mirage. His last death was being pushed off a building by Boomerang
>>
>>94135057
Oh, but he wasn't pointless. The point was to build him up as the ultimate challenge to the "heroes shouldn't kill" argument, have Pete face and address his dillema and later have Otto do the thing that Pete could never do and end him. And he could end him, because this wasn't a now classic character like Carnage, but Slott's own OC, who he could afford to kill off forever after making a point.
The guy served his purpose, but I guess Slott just couldn't resist giving a middle finger to Pete, Otto, the readers and himself by pulling this shit in CC.
>>
>>94135324
Maybe he is going for the Remender view on the dilemma, which is that killing the bad guys is not a solution, because that just causes more problems. (the whole Apocalypse shitshow caused by them killing Ethan in the very first issue, Wolverine killing Daken, Rogue killing Scarlet Witch etc).
>>
>>94131949

Why can't all these guys just stay dead? Nobody WANTS them alive
>>
>>94135535
Because Slott believes in the comic imperative that villains always get to come back.
>>
>>94130984
Wheres the vegas 13?
>>
>>94135535
I want Stilt-Man and Mirage alive.

Ridiculous d-list villains are the best
>>
>>94131949
Alistair? where did he show up? i missed that appereance
>>
>>94135703
Yeah, but do you care about the originals (and by that I mean the actual people behind the masks) or the mantles and gimmicks that come with them? Because the latter get passed on, which means there's no real reason to bring back the former.
>>
>>94135703
yeah but you don't want fucking spider-slayer and fucking massacre alive

Xavier has been dead for years but got forbid the Z-listetrs no one cares about stay in the ground
>>
>>94135808
Well, in the cases of the two I mentioned, I do care about the guys behind the masks

Day was doing the whole "reforming criminal" thing when he got Franked, and that's kind of bullshit. I felt bad for the guy.

And in Mirage's case, Superior Foes got me invested in him for the first time with his "guy who keeps trying to walk away from supervillainy but is addicted to it, but also depressed because he keeps dying and no one cares" schtick.

But >>94135857 is also right, I don't want a lot of the shit to come back.

I'm just saying that some of these guys are better alive than others.
>>
>>94135324
I thought the reason he was kill crazy was the thing in his head, did Ben put it back in?
>>
I forgot Slott brought back Ashley Kafka just to kill her. Motherfucker.
>>
>>94136267

Wait, Kafka, is dead again? Are we sure?
>>
>>94136110

Yes.
>>
>>94136304

I meant I forgot that he killed her in the first place in Superior. Why can modern writers not use Spidey's supporting cast?
>>
>>94131949
>The Jackal (Miles Warren): The original one. No body, no proof.
There was a page showing he survived, it was when he realized he was the only Warren not dissolving.
>>
>>94136380

To push their own OCs, love interests, or make their "mark". All of which usually means pushing the others away to limbo.
>>
>>94136405

Yeah right after that Ben then let him to rot in a burning house.
>>
>>94136431
You're right, I guess he's dead for realsies then. Being left in a burning building and getting thrown off a bridge are some classic ways to permanently die and never to apear again.
>>
>>94136267
He did the same with Mattie Franklin (love to know why only villains got to make it out of this alive in a story that was perfect for resurrecting characters)
>>
>>94136933

That's the whole point of Slott. The good guys remain dead while the villains survive. I think he made that point during Big Time when Peter was reeling from Jonah's wife being killed off (thanks Slott for that one too).
>>
>>94136933
He referened it in various interviews and the comic itself. Apparently he believes that there is a rule in comics: only the villains get to come back.
>>
>>94136933
is there a chance that Mattie survived? or did she dissolve?
>>
>>94136431
>left inside of a burning building
>no shot of corpse

That's the most comic book death you can manage. It would only be more comic book if he fell off a cliff and there was no body.
>>
>>94137027
>>94137032
And the irony is he is the one who perpetuates this rule, even though he himself has the power to break it. And he even does so by bringing back Curt's family and Ned Leeds.
>>
>>94137066
She dissolved on panel in Silk
>>
File: crazy bitch.png (389KB, 387x474px) Image search: [Google]
crazy bitch.png
389KB, 387x474px
I wonder how Electro will be brought back.

>>94134570

Wasn't a clone of Gwen already running around since the original clone saga?
>>
>>94137385
She died during the Superior Team Up-Scarlet Spider crossover iirc
>>
>>94137429

I thought she died even before that in the prelude to Spider-Island?
>>
>>94137911
She did. The one from the Superior/Scarlet crossover was another clone
>>
>>94137032
Do we need to get Slott a list of hero revivals cuz it seems he needs a refresher course in heroes coming back
>>
Ahh,jimmy natayle his dead?
punisher kill him i tink.
>>
>>94137987
wtf, how many gwens are around?
>>
>>94140813

Spider-Gwen.
Those three Gwen clones Deadpool kept around for a while.
Ultimate Gwen maybe, I wouldn't be surprised.
Clone Gwen from Slott's stupid story.
And according to people who haven't read Gwenpool...Gwenpool.
>>
>>94142598
The three Gwen clones died in a plane crash.
>>
>>94130984

Why would you bring back villains who are duplicates of already existing villains? The original Mysterio is around, why have another one?
>>
>>94137032
What a fucking load of horseshit.
>>
>>94136933
Mattie died in Silk, I think we can blame Thompson for that one.

Mattie didn't even show up in the main book
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.