[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I hide my power level?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 97655.png (289KB, 490x310px) Image search: [Google]
97655.png
289KB, 490x310px
How do I hide my power level?
>>
lose weight
>>
Don't leave the house
>>
>>94123049
Bathe and
>>94123330
>>
Not talking usually works, that and >>94123343
>>
>>94123049
become chad
>>
>>94123049

Be passionate and honest about what you like, but accept that many others are not going to be interested or impressed and that their perspective is as valid as yours.

And then acknowledge the shortcomings and limitations of comics/cartoons.
>>
>>94123696
Why are you trying to ruin OP's life?
>>
>>94123049
By only talking about comic stuff when the subject actually comes up.
Not just simply blurting it out as soon as possible cause that's what you really wanna talk about.
>>
>>94123049
>normalfags
not even once
>>
>>94123049
Share your interests with others but don't go too deep. If you say you like something and no one asks for more information, don't give it. Also save your obscure references for people who will actually appreciate it. If you tell someone you like Super Heroes and when they ask which ones you tell them five they've never heard of, then there's your power level.
>>
>>94123049
learn to talk about sports.
>>
To control one's power level one must have control over the power it has over you.

Is your power level something you have or something you are? It is quite easy to leave a tool in your pocket. But it is much harder to leave one's hand in there. In order to hide your power level you must be willing to accept it as something that you may give it up.
>>
>>94123650
This unironically works. I had a roommate who was into comics but because he was Chad no one gave a fuck. People will only be disgusted by you being into comics if you're gross-looking, in which case they're primarily disgusted by your appearance anyway.
>>
>>94123729

Im trying to save it.
>>
>>94123696
I see it with my cousins who are young social butterflies and never hide the geeky shit. I was raised in a different time with it so I'm practically don't ask, don't tell. It seems to work great for them.
>>
>>94123049
this isnt really about power level but about you being a suck ass.

Also of course people will get triggered if you tell them "i love young justice" lmao kys.
>>
You don't have to become a normalfag or even pretend to be one like some of these faggots are saying, you just have to have a sense of self-awareness about how normalfags are likely to react to the things you say and then not say those things that will brand you a social pariah.

You can like comics and have normalfag friends who know you like comics, but there's tiers. There's things you wouldn't talk about with normalfags because it would bore the arse off them and make them think you're a weirdo, but you can talk about with friends into the same hobbies (geeky power level arguments and lore discussion, etc.) and they won't think badly of you. And then there's things you don't talk about to anyone (I think Penny Gadget is hot, have you seen the latest Shadman pic etc.) unless you have zero self awareness and want to end up totally alone if not v&.
>>
>>94123049
serious OP? it's really easy

i am 28 years now and never revealed by power level to strangers

even when heading to a bar with friends or something, all you have to do is not initiating conversation by yourself and read up on memes and cringe stories to know what better shouldn't leave your mouth

side effect is i haven't gotten laid in years
>>
>>94123696
This. Nobody cares if you're into geeky shit. What they care about is if you're socially inept and feel the need to explain minutiae about your interests at the slightest provocation. It's like being trapped in a conversation with someone who's into competitive vaping or craft beer.
>>
>>94123049
should it matter?

i mean, fucking SDCC was this last weekend, you shouldn't HAVE to hide anything anymore since comics and shit are SO FUCKING MAINSTREAM now

fucking faggots...
>>
>>94124911
>SDCC 2017 was in any way, shape or form about comic books
>Reading or enjoying comic books is mainstream now
All my keks
>>
>>94124977
you haven't been to an FYE, any bookstore, hottopic, etc etc in the last 5 years?

they fucking shove that shit down my throat
its ALLLLLLLLLLL normie shit now
and SDCC panels are fucking normie shit too
why shouldn't you reveal what you know, they will herald you as king!
>>
>>94123049
Go the Clark Kent route and be all business and small town values till you are with someone you can trust with your secret identity.
>>
File: 1500258368734.png (207KB, 488x345px) Image search: [Google]
1500258368734.png
207KB, 488x345px
>>94123650
This. It works with anime and other japanese stuff. In my work there is this chad who likes K-on and SOL is general, he even wears anime t shirts sometimes.
>>
just know when to take it or leave it and don't sperg out talking at people in a one way conversation
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.