[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: /co/ characters that got popular due to their appearances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1498770639502.jpg (323KB, 1560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1498770639502.jpg
323KB, 1560x1600px
ITT: /co/ characters that got popular due to their appearances in media outside of comics
>>
>>94122935
Is it just me or is that tentacle monster giving me bedroom eyes?
>>
>>94122959
No, he is giving you the bedroom eye.
>>
>>94122959
It's just you. It's only giving you one bedroom eye.
>>
>>94122935
Did he really get popular though? Capcom pushed him, but they were also complaining about low DLC sales, so it seems to have backfired.
>>
90% of the characters in this, but Raven in particular.
>>
>>94123009
They would have sold more of the DLC if the characters were competitive

Imagine Vergil was DLC
>>
Every Marvel character that isn't Spider-Man, and Wolverine.
Hulk got a TV show in the 70 and rode that wave all the way to 2003 when Ang Lee ruined it.
All the Avengers characters were niche properties until 2008. Iron Man was NOT a household name and not a single normie on earth knew the name Tony Stark.
Captain America was considered a cheesey icon and Thor was nowhere to be seen.

You think Black Widow was on t-shirts for little girls back then? Nah, man.
>>
>>94123057
Shuma was a strong character with an amazing assist. Jill definitely sucked though.
>>
>>94123078
Nah he wasn't very good and his combos were pretty unreliable. There were only a few people who could use him effectively.
>>
>>94123009
I thought the only thing going for Shuma was that he was popular in japan because tentacles.
>>
>>94122935
Is there a chance he might show up in the mcu?
>>
>>94123009
shuma has been in fighting games, even before dlc was a thing
>>
Man I wish they used Deadpool's MVC3 theme in the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7GmpJ-SxAk
>>
>>94123057

>Make DLC characters non-competitive
Useless shit utter garbage 0/10 did not buy

>Make DLC characters competitive
Fucking money grubbing pay to win bullshit!

I am so fucking glad I don't make video games.
>>
>>94123265
Then don't charge for DLC
>>
>>94123278

But I have to pay my rent...
>>
>>94123286
Somehow I doubt the guys who get paid per DLC sale have trouble making rent
>>
File: 1200.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
>>
File: phil.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
phil.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>94123014
Hot hot hot hot hot....
>>
>>94122935
>media is obsessed with Lovecraft, Cthulhu, and similar monster
>don't use Marvel's own Lovecraftian monster more often
>>
>>94123062
Wolverine and spidey fits this too. wolverine hit his stride with the cartoon. The theme of the old well spidey cartoon is more well known than any bit of the comic.
>>
>>94122935
No one looks at this and says Shuma Gorra. They just see it and think Lovecraft. This is a case of blatent rip off (not like Marvel is the only people to rip of lovecraft, everyone does it), it's only popular because Lovecraftian horrors are ubiquitous in our culture now
>>
>>94122935
You mean all popular characters?
>>
>>94122935
Thanos

No normie knew his name even when Avengers came out. My gf thought he was Red Hulk.
>>
>>94122935
Every single one of them.
People don't read comics.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.