[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the ideal 'Sonic the Hedgehog: The movie' be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

With that movie coming out (whenever it does), what do you hope it is?

I would fucking love if it includes Sonic and Tails arriving on a tropical island via their airplane, like at the start of Sonic 3.

Who knows, maybe the Sonic movie will actually be good?
>>
Sonic doesn't talk throughout the whole thing, and it's your standard story of him running really fast through different colorful locations to get to eggman so that he can destroy the machine that turned all of the Flippies into robots.
>>
File: 1481344425735.jpg (328KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1481344425735.jpg
328KB, 600x668px
>>94116041
>what do you hope it is?

Make it more like the OVA, and less like some of the new games.
Basically, Sonic would go on an adventure, but nothing super serious and, for lack of a better world, "edgy". No shadow, no grimdark plot, and no fucking human love interest(even the OVA is guilty of this).
I have no problem with dark plots, but Sonic is at it's best when it's not trying to be super serious.
>>
>>94116041
Flashpoint Paradox
But with Sonic
>>
>>94116041
I just hope it includes sonic, tails, and knuckles
>>
>>94116041
Honestly nothing less than batshit insanity. Boring crap like >>94116829 would flop harder than the Hulk movies, the only thing that I think could satisfy audiences at this point would be a Sonic film that fully embraces how cancerous the Sonic legacy is.

Basically in that same realm of Sonic Boom, Sonic Twitter, and that one Sonic fancomic with Nipples the Enchilada.
>>
>>94116041
Something like the OVA.

STRANGE, ISN'T IT?
>>
>>94116041
something related to sonic cd in the form of 1 OVA per level with 3 possible endings.
>>
90 minutes long. Add Tails.
In fact, just do a Sonic 2 adaptation .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJqZlkTHkDg
Have something like this be the final act.
>>
>>94116041
thats a neat pic
>>
>>94117391
>>94117391
>>94117391
>>
>>94118401
why not a trilogy?
like the lord of the rings trilogy, each movie is 3hr in lenght and is extremely well developed, the same would be with the sonic trilogy.
>>
>>94118479
Sonic is too cheesy to be given that treatment.
>>
Probably something more or less boring on paper that makes it up with character banter, impressive fights, and fun setting. Eggman fucks something up. Sonic and Tails vow to stop him and have to travel the world to find the emerdudes and deal with Eggman antagonizing them the entire way. They might have to gather a few friends along the way and get into a lot of shenanigans. Lots of quips, self referential humor poking fun at things from the games, and high speed dynamic fights.

You could also take a page from Lost World/Advance 3 in a where Eggman fucks something up, loses control of all of his shit, and he has to team up with Sonic to stand a chance of getting it back. Lots of character banter between Eggman and Sonic since they're still frenemies.

The cast would be smaller but a number of friends show up like Knuckles and Amy. Some fuck face exec is going to want the popular shitters like Shadow so he'll show up in some manner. They'll need to play him as a straight man in the wacky world like in Archie to play up the humor. If they want more humor you've got Flynn style Omega to accompany him.

Antagonist wise they'll have Metal Sonic. They won't touch the hooligans though they are perfect wacky subordinates. Cubot and Orbot would be around too.

This live action shit is basically going to be complete cancer though.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 290x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 290x310px
>>94116041
Have it follow the original set of sidescrollers, spend some time going over Sonic 1 and 2 - primarily 2, since 2, 3 & K are all linked by the Death Egg plot. Have S3&K be the main bulk of the movie, introduce the characters properly, build up their personalities, actually have Robotnik be a threat, and give everyone their big moment at the end - have the newly-befriend Knuckles take on Mecha Sonic, have Tails set the Death Egg to blow, and have Sonic chase Robotnik to get back the Master Emerald. Spend a bit of time at the end properly establishing the new friendship between the three, and end with Sonic and Tails flying off on the Tornado, with Knuckles returning to his role of guarding the Master Emerald.

And for the stinger, have Robotnik looking over some ancient stone tablets he took from Angel Island, detailing Chaos.

Would go more into detail but on my phone.
>>
>>94117304
It's 10 mins of Sonic 1, 30 or so from 2, the rest is 3 with Knuckles as the last villian, and then a set up for the sequel (because they will) S&K and CD and this will lead into >>94117208
>>
Them having a brand new, cool adventure, but with a mystery villain who's exclusive to the movie.

In fact, start the movie with Sonic saving some animal from Robotnik, and while Sonic is carrying them, he explains in less than a minute who he is and what his deal is.

"Whadda ya mean, 'who are you'? I'm Sonic the Hedgehog! The Blue Blur, the Fastest Thing Alive, the Way Past Cool Dude with a Bad Attitude! If you've REALLY never heard of me (and I doubt it), I'm the guy who's about to send ol' Eggman packing."
>>
File: captcha brothel.png (264KB, 388x394px) Image search: [Google]
captcha brothel.png
264KB, 388x394px
>>94117391
Sonic Boom: the Movie?
Also, what the fuck is up with captcha?
>>
>>94116041
At this point? Nonexistent.
>>
I'm shit at thinking of stories and I have shit taste in stories, why do you think I'm a Sonic fan?

That said, they'd do well to drop the Live Action and make it look like those more recent kids CG movies that still manage to look like cartoons.

If a game actually had to be adapted, it should be Sonic 3 and Knuckles. It's the definitive Sonic experience, you got all the most important characters, you've got the protagonists Sonic and Tails to follow, the secondary protagonist Knuckles to follow and his arc of getting tricked, trying to foil Sonic, getting bit in the ass over it, and then redeeming himself by taking on Robotnik, and then of course, Robotnik is the Antagonist that we get to see monologue a bit to his badniks.

Safe easy movie that even normies who don't know shit about Sonic could probably get behind.

Absolute worst case scenario though? An uncanny valley cartoon hedgehog drops into the real world and ends up being the wingman for the real human man trying to get laid. Also Eggman is there I guess.
>>
For starters, it would be all CGI. As for plot, I would probably just do something simple, a story that would make a nice introductory to the series for non-Sonic fans. Eggman's trying to take over the world, Sonic & Tails rounds up Knuckles & Amy, battles Eggman's bots, Sonic uses the Chaos Emeralds to go Super & wreck Eggman's shit. Probably throw in a Metal & Shadow appearance for fan-service, some banter along with pretty visuals & you got a Sonic film.
>>
File: IMG_0223.png (164KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.png
164KB, 600x300px
>>94116041
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman (and his robot sidekicks) are transported to a strange new world....Modern Day New York! Sonic and crew meet and average kid and become friends. Then it turns out that the kid's father is always too busy and cares more about work than his family. Sonic and friends help the family and show the father what's REALLY important: Family. While all this is going on, the furry friends all have wacky hijinks throughout the Big Apple! Sonic goes to the Sonic fastfood restaurant! Tails goes to Best Buy! Amy goes to Hot Topic! And Knuckles goes to Jahred' (he seeing a diamond there and thinks it's the Master Emerald). They also cause wacky hijinks at the house/apartment as the kid tries to keep them a secret. All while trying to find the chaos emeralds to get back home.
Meanwhile Eggman is trying to find the emeralds to unleash the full power of his device to shoot a laser in the air and create a spinning portal vortex thing to take over the world. All the while bumbling through the crazy streets of New York (everyone thinks he's crazy because he keeps talking about talking animals and making them into robots).

Coming this Summer!
>>
My personal ideal would be something similar to Sonic SatAM, but I know that is a impossibility. The SEGA of America Sonic is long dead.
I do not get how people think modern Sonic's rivalry with the incompetent 'Dr. Eggman' is fun/entertaining at all.
I understand it is mostly because Sonic is a Japanese creation, and there our villain was a joke to begin with.
But even before SatAM, Dr. Robotnik was someone to be feared. He made animals into death machines. He turned whole continents into waste lands to fuel his pursuits. He needed to be stopped.
Now a days he is another idiot trying to take over the world with a horrible 'nickname'.

The best Sonic movie ever would have Sonic being a god damned hero with a few sweet lines of dialog.
The world would have it's beautiful vistas to contrast the lands broken by the Dr.
And when the two face off, you would have some kick ass action broken up with a few moments where you might not know if Sonic will make it (Because the Dr. knows what the FUCK he is doing!)

Hell it's a wonderfully easy way to throw in a lesson about environmental protection.
>>
>>94120977
>incompetent Dr.Eggman
This isn't a Modern thing. Eggman's always been a villain who's biggest weakness (outside of Sonic), are his moments of incompetence. It's what makes moments like the one in SA2 where he nearly killed Sonic all he more satisfying, because it shows that he is capable of killing Sonic.
>>
>>94121014
By modern I mean everything after and including Adventure.
Sonic before that point was marketed very differently in America then it was in Japan.
In America we had Dr. Robotnik and he was a legit threat. He wasn't in Japan, there he was already "Eggman". The moment he became "Eggman" here he begn to lose that legitimacy. At least with the generation I'm from.

The best example of this I would have to say is, the Sonic CD sound track. Listen to both versions of the boss themes.
American is clearly a theme of a madman.
Japanese/Europe is... well silly.
>>
File: 1496944459109.jpg (91KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1496944459109.jpg
91KB, 640x932px
>>94116041
Focus on friendship between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles and give it some Disney-tier moralizing whilst giving it a little bit of attitude. The OVA is the closest animated Sonic ever got to being good.
>>
>>94116829
>I want a boring movie
>>
No time-travel shenanigans please
>>
>>94116041
Fuck sonic the hedgehog, I want an Ecco the Dolphin movie.
>>
>>94121089
I prefer Modern eggman from adventure all the way to boom way more than his early version. After playing all the adventure games and watching boom there's no way in hell I want to go back to the animated series version. He's goofy yet lacks the personality of modern eggman.

And modern eggman can be plenty menacing, or did you forgot all the edge going on in adventure 2?
>>
>>94116041
one where Ken Penders is raped by echidnas.
>>
>>94116041
I hope it's not an origin movie in which Sonic doesn't go fast until the big finale against Eggman.

Expect a post credit scene featuring Shadow. Cap this post. Watch this space.
>>
>>94121695
I doubt shawdow will be in the movie. It will just be sonic and tails, and only because normies remember sonic and tails. The whole point is to make people say "I REMEMBER THAT!!" when they see sonic on the movie poster which results in more people spending money to see something utterly garbage.
>>
File: 230px-SonicanimeVHS.jpg (29KB, 230x417px) Image search: [Google]
230px-SonicanimeVHS.jpg
29KB, 230x417px
>>94116041
>What would be the ideal 'Sonic the Hedgehog: The movie' be?
It already exists. No need to make a new one.
>>
>>94116041
Anything other than that abortion of a fan film. The one with Doug Walker "acting".
>>
>>94116041
the Sonic OVA, only a higher budget, and no Sara, or at the very least anthropomorphize a character like her more so its not as jarring.
>>
>>94121944
It was too 90s and it was an original story as opposed to something based on the soundtrack, levels, ending of the game.
>>
>>94117391
>>94121322
>If there's no talking then it's boring.
Listen here you little autistic shit. Talking is boring, you hear me? Nobody wants to hear your autistic commentary and random remarks that take up 3/4 of the episodes, you piece of shit.

This is our future. A world filled with geeks who enjoy talking about senseless garbage in their retarded prose and diction.
Thank you for the autistic filler that was Ben 10 Alien Force, Green Lantern TSA and George Lucas' Star Wars.

If I wanted your autistic talking then I'd watch Dr Who or I'd read your text walls about how you never read a book in your life and never learned to socialize properly.

This is why everybody calls your generation legitimately autistic. Even the psychologists prefer to call you autistic instead of stupid, just to fuck around with you.
>>
Ya know I joked who would voice who in the film

Usher as Sonic

Bieber as Tails

John Cena as Knuckles

Some other celebrity voicing a new character made for the film

I can still imagine Cena voicing Knuckles to this day
>>
>>94122883
But can you see it?
>>
It basically "What if Sonic 3 was the first game chronologically?" With a very light dash of Sonic Adventure 1. Basically you have Eggman/Robotnik as the "wannabe villain" that no one takes seriously until he hears about these mysterious "Chaos Emeralds". Sonic and Tails, never one to miss out on beating their favorite punching bag, give chase.
They arrive on Angel Island, seemingly abandoned for centuries. That is, except for one Knuckles the Echidna. After the inevitable scuffle they team up and try to stop Eggman. They're almost too late, with only the timely intervention of Knuckles to scatter them across the world.
However, having been in contact with the Emeralds, Eggman starts to hear the voice of someone calling themselves Chaos. The voice promises to reward Eggman if he can retrieve the Emeralds....
>>
>>94116041
I think OVA had it somewhat right.

I think Sonic movie shouldn't strike for something big, it should be small scale spectacle. Just have great animation, great music and show some creativity with robots he fights, that's it. Just pure, visual eye-candy. No one is fucking interested in Sonic saving OC islands with cat princesses.

Alternatively, go full Pixar like Sonic Unleashed did. Refine what it was, it had some good in it that people didn't get to appreciate because of fucking Werehog. And night of the Werehog is a great short that everyone loves.
>>
Fit Adventure 1 & 2's plot into one movie
>>
>>94123030
You can't fill that much stupid into one movie.
>>
>>94123056
fuck you faggot I want more THUNDAH
>>
>>94123010

This would be pretty cool. Just remove the Emeralds from the plot of Sonic 2, and have 1 and 2 be the events that lead up to Angel Island.
>>
>>94116041
It should have Crush 40 doing whole soundtrack.
>>
File: ngbbs4c630f6c7e289.jpg (135KB, 422x650px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4c630f6c7e289.jpg
135KB, 422x650px
>>94116041
the ideal Sonic movie would have Danny DeVito as Eggman.
>>
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-coming-in-2018-mixes-live/1100-6434666/
>it's a cgi animal in the real world movie
I just threw up
>>
>>94121944
I rented this movie all the time on VHS
>>
Just do the Penders pitch. There's nothing more engaging than Sonic getting a hoverboard as a gift for his seventh birthday.
>>
File: IMG_1612.jpg (81KB, 750x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1612.jpg
81KB, 750x676px
>>94122883
>Usher as Sonic
Yeah about that...
>>
Make something like the 90s Mario movie and have Sonic and Tails be humans who get animal powers to fight Danny Devito's Eggman.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.