[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fred from Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: fred.png (553KB, 573x562px) Image search: [Google]
fred.png
553KB, 573x562px
So I'm watching Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc and, not even memeing, is Fred supposed to be autistic?
Show is great, btw
>>
>>94115402
Nah, he's trapsexual
>>
>>94115402
Coming from a guy who was diagnosed with Asperger's back in third grade, it wouldn't surprise me if he was somewhere on the spectrum.
>>
He's a special boy
>>
>>94115512
>Traps?! *gasp* Freddy!
>>
>>94115402
A little bit.

He's also fucked up by abandonment issues, which manifest themselves into his trap obsession, which ironically enough, help in driving people away from him.
>>
>>94115402
He's actually kind of a psycho, he straight up steals a dead body early on (at least he thinks it's a dead body)
>>
>>94115402

No.
>>
>>94115402

The word "autistic" is never used in the show, but especially later on I feel like the writers definitely had it in mind in the way they were writing him. A lot of his difficulty with expressing his emotions and engaging in normal human relationships absolutely feel like the sorts of things that autism can give rise to. To say nothing of the obvious fact that his near-obsessive, occasionally obnoxious focus on a single, narrowly-focused area of interest.
>>
>>94115402
Maybe. He's slighty more sociable and charismatic than your average sperg but he really loves talking about his trap collection with others who don't give a shit, much like how a autist likes to talk about stuff like trains or the different kinds of food common people would eat in the 18th century or what have you.

Yeah Mystery Inc is the shit.
>>
File: 1378681400272.gif (3MB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
1378681400272.gif
3MB, 528x297px
>>94116466
>psycho
>>
File: 1393617189806.jpg (151KB, 1900x900px)
1393617189806.jpg
151KB, 1900x900px
>>94116677
The same crew ended up doing Beware the Batman later on and Bruce felt that way as well. Though his fixation was more on detecting crime at all times and his behavior would become self-destructive without Alfred's presence.
>>
>>94116677
>>94116716

Did you all forget about how he went full hobo in search of his parents?

He's merely eccentric.
>>
>GUYS THIS IS LIKE THE BEST SHOW EVER YOU GUYS
>Show spends half the time doing jack shit nothing and the other half hyping up MUH ORIGINAL MYSTERY INC, then it's all about the Disc shit, then suddenly it's all ANCIENT DARKNESS MANIPULATED EVERYTHING ALL ALONG and Pericles fuses with an Eldritch horror and they literally save the world with the fucking power of friendship and are transported to a universe where nothing ever happened and OMG IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE ORIGINAL SERIES!!!!
Wow, I'm literally crying, 10/10 greatest show ever made
>>
>>94117218
Everything is shit. Mystery Inc happened to be less shit than some. And it ended decently.
>>
>>94117218
>Hey, maybe if I CAPSLOCK things and overgeneralize things, it'll make the show worse than it actually is
Brilliant planning, anon
>>
>>94117218
That sounds cool as hell. Do I need to watch this show?
>>
>>94118282
YES
>>
>>94118282
ignore >>94119667

It's not as awesome as it sounds. These renditions of the characters are utterly unlikeable, especially Velma, and the overarcing plot is so far up its own ass it stops being fun pretty quickly.

There are some good episodes here and there, like the Blue Falcon episode, but it's not worth watching the whole show.
>>
>>94118282
"need" is a bit of a strong word.

>>94119988
this nigga a bit up tight and thats saying a lot coming from me who's usually super critical of stuff.

the show was decent and a very a cool approach the show, it was really somewhat of an origin story of sorts. I'd recommend giving it a watch if it sparks your interest.
>>
>>94118282
It's pretty fun. It's the most dramatic and dark Scooby show, but in the most outrageous way and a big love letter to most things Scooby Doo.
>>
>>94118282
Does Scooby Doo being the primary hero and carrying the narrative appeal to you? If yes then watch it. If you realize how retarded that is then skip it.
>>
Where can I download this in HD
I want to rewatch
>>
>>94115402
>>94115512
no, but the show is tho
>>
>>94117347
>Everything is shit.
>dumb retard legitimately means it unironically
What is "What's New Scooby Doo"
>>
>>94119667
>Expect cute lesbians
>get the biggest cunt velma of any iteration and hot dog water flat out tries to murder a dude, so why should we care when she gets gatling gun'd?
>>
>>94120073

except that Scooby Doo is actually a decent character this time.
>>
>>94118282
Need is a strong word, but I highly recommend it.
>>
if I understand right, WB has been progressively retarding Fred more and more because to keep him competent would have made writing him more difficult?
>>
>>94115402
Is it the show that they all look like Family Guy characters?
>>
>>94119667
Velma and Louise.
>>
>>94121502
no, as that show is actually pretty good, while this is not
>>
>>94121577
Now this is shitposting.
>>
>>94122231
>it's shitposting cause it doesn't agree with my tastes
this show is Shadow the Hedgehog levels of edgy
>>
>>94115402
>hyperfocuses on a hobby of which he's absolutely a savant at, but is gutter trash at virtually anything else
>visibly misses social cues from Daphne and even goes as far as to not understand facial cues
>show goes out of its way to outline Fred's issues with socializing with others and why he keeps such a small inner circle of friends
>considers change to be of cataclysmic proportions
>is the most naive of the bunch, going as far to have genuinely "retard innocence" compared to even Scooby, who may as well be a cynic in comparison
>intensely stubborn to doing things "the right way" and refuses to deter from the track
>visible issues with certain textures and sounds that cause him great discomfort and/or alarm
>meltdowns when he isn't capable of explaining his issues

He was full blown autistic, and honestly, I fucking commend the writers for actually writing him to a genuinely high functioning autist at that. Probably one of the best examples of them in cartoons out there.
>>
>>94118282
yes (even who normally hate SD franchise liked the show).
>>
decent mystery plot with the good ol Scooby gang. this show is nice and short with only a few seasons (2 i think) and seeing as you are on the co board its worth your time
>>
Who /DeadRightMate/ here?
>>
>>94118282
If you like Scooby Doo in general then i'd say yes.
Keep in mind it is not perfect. It does suffer from poor pacing and some of the characters are obnoxious. It had some really cool fucking ideas but were not executed as good. The second half of the second season is where things get interesting and it ended great.
Despite everything, it is still the best incarnation of Scooby Doo, interpret that as you will.
>>
>>94122732
>best incarnation of Scooby Doo
What's New Scooby Doo has it beat
>>
>>94122732
That's a yes, by the way.
Fun fact: they got Michael J. Anderson (the midget from Twin Peaks) to voice himself.
>>
>>94116981
Oh yeah. He had super autism in that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYSutlYBas

>>94121487
Fred's smarter in Be Cool. He's just more of a control freak.
>>
>>94122474
Sounds like you justdescribed Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory in that greentext
>>
>>94125121
>watching bazoopa enough to be able to know

Shame on you.
>>
>>94122879
>best incarnation of Scooby Doo
>What's New Scooby Doo has it beat

Thats not Shaggy & Scooby Doo get a clue.
>>
>>94115402
They decided to give him character and accidentally made him best character.
>>
>>94125899
He and Velma (after she broke up with Shaggy) were best characters. They had clear arcs that extended beyond their archetypes and had satisfying conclusions.

Daphne had potential with the conflict with her sisters, but that was just kind of dropped. I would hope she'd get developed more if they had somehow gotten a third season.

Shaggy was just Shaggy. But if what the producer of Be Cool said was true, WB doesn't allow showrunners to alter Shaggy and Scooby to much.
>>
>>94122901
They also had Harlan Elison voicing himself.
>>
>>94122231
It's actually moderately funny. Not MI tier goodness, but not the turd we thought it would be
>>
How would you rank each series?
>>
>>94115641

He means snares. Things used to capture people or animals. Not people who dress up as the opposite gender

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>94127330
>Did you even watch the show?
Did you?
>>
>>94116716

I dropped the show when it was revealed that the original Mystery Inc were revealed to be nothing but out for themselves shitlords
>>
>>94127499
There is nothing wrong with looking out for yourself over others.
>>
>>94127387
>It's alright, I just read the reverse trap section.
>>
File: 1500238879872.jpg (93KB, 755x696px)
1500238879872.jpg
93KB, 755x696px
>>94115402
>So I'm watching Scooby Doo! Mystery Inc

the only autistic person here is you, faggot.
>>
>>94125121
Except Sheldon is paraded as a total asshole, where Fred is a lot more down to Earth.

Sheldon perfectly describes STEMfags while Fred is literally everyone else.
>>
>>94127387

Yes, I did.

Is that image supposed to be making some sort of point, because it illustrates perfectly what I mean. Snares and capturing devices, not crossdressers.
>>
>>94127555

No, there is EVERYTHING wrong with it.

Fred's own goddamn PARENTS were purposely trying to fuck with him. Pericles tried to fucking EAT reality
>>
>>94127606
kill yourself
>>
>>94122474
>>visible issues with certain textures and sounds that cause him great discomfort and/or alarm
>>meltdowns when he isn't capable of explaining his issues

I dont seem to remember these scenes, but it has been a while since ive seen the show. Examples?
>>
>>94128397
The Hex Girls concert when he failed Daphne. He tried to explain why, but couldn't articulate it, and wasn't satisfied with his answer.

And he blew the fuck up.

If there is anything that is absolutely telling if someone's on the spectrum, it's the inability to articulate an issue they're having and it leading into a meltdown.
>>
>>94127751
not an argument, you autistic retard. practice what you preach.
>>
>>94126323
I thought Velma thirsting for Shaggy was great, but was hindered by the PG rating.

Shaggy was slightly more brave, not red shirt levels of bravery, but still better than usual.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.