[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a cartoon version of The Sopranos look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: paulie-nuts.jpg (238KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
paulie-nuts.jpg
238KB, 650x400px
I'm not saying THE SOPRANOS but a show LIKE The Sopranos. Only a cartoon. I'm thinking it'd be like something along the lines of Batman: Gotham Knight but without superheros and more emphases on character development.
>>
Gabaghoul?
>>
>>94112520
I feel as though the "freer" drawn medium combined with the darker setting might tempt showrunners to put more of an emphasis on action scenes while straying away from character development. I know you said not actually the Cartoon Sopranos, but to use it as an example I feel like there would've ended up (probably in the later seasons, to up the stakes and make it more mainstream-palatable) being quite a few "big gun fight" scenes. Sopranos was always reserved with action parts, and it showed them quite realistically. There were never Scarface-esque shootouts where the main characters mowed down tons of unnamed mooks. Were a character to be in a firefight, they'd end up either wounded, barely escaping, or dead. Admittedly, that scene where Tony kills the two black hitmen was a bit much, but that's the only scene that comes close to over the top that I can think of. Remember the big rifle Tony never got a chance to use? I can't help but feel a Sopranos cartoon would have had him using that to take out some New York goons near the finale. There'd end up being more "wow this character is a badass" scenes and fewer "wow this character is a real developed person" scenes.
>>
>>94112945
To clarify on what I meant about "freer" : the cost and effort differences between animating an action scene and animating a non-action scene in a cartoon are much smaller than the cost/effort differences between shooting action and non-action scenes in a live action show. To do a "big action scene," a live action show might need to seriously eat into a season's budget, while an animated show wouldn't (unless they had a fairly shit budget).
>>
>>94113037
>>94112945
Good point. I personally don't think that'd be a bad thing because having exaggerated action fights is part of the charm cartoons (such as the new Castlevania) are capable of. So long as the Characterization and human interaction remains good of course.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.