[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else LOVE capeshit but HATE talking to capeshit fans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: C4pMVVtVcAAeoQw.jpg (166KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4pMVVtVcAAeoQw.jpg
166KB, 801x1200px
Anyone else LOVE capeshit but HATE talking to capeshit fans? It's just wiki facts & dick measuring with no one actually reading comics.
>>
>>94108290
Few people I talk with about capeshit are chill people. There’s a few who definitely only care about the factoids and power wankery.
>>
>>94108290
Most of my friends just use me as an encyclopedia when movies come out. The rest just don't care.
>>
>>94108561
I know that feel.

One time a kid in my class tried using me to validate Miles would have been better for the MCU.
>>
My theory: Most of us are insecure, depressed, losers that look up to capeshit for inspiration. When these topics are brought up we can't help but measure our worth in knowledge and power levels because were insecure decaying scum.
>>
>>94108869
I'd tell you to speak for yourself, but I get the impression that's your kink.
>>
>>94108561
Same here.
They think it's odd that I know so much about comics and yet I have a disinterest/disdain for virtually all comic book movies that come out.
>>
>>94109097

What disinterests you about seeing comics you like adapted?
>>
>>94109593
Because I don't follow comics, or companies. I follow characters and authors first and foremost. Specifically, how certain authors just click particularly well with certain characters. Like John Ostrander with The Penguin or Garth Ennis with The Punisher.
I'm a film enthusiast first and foremost and the thing I liked the most about watching comic book movies is see how the properties were altered under a respective and mostly singular vision. Things like Raimi's Spider-Man, or the Burton Batman movies. Movies that had to work extra hard to stand out and develop an identity of their own, to showcase a vision that warrants the adaptation in the first place. The most recent examples I can think of are probably the Guardians Of The Galaxy movies (with James Gunn's blatant Troma-isms) and Logan, and these are the exceptions.
I'm not saying that a superhero movie having a singular vision behind it immediately guarantees that it will be good (Schumacher's Batman or Snyder's Superman for example), but it's the reason why I watched these movies. Controversy of a particular bad movie at least gives us something to talk about in regards to that movie.

I'm disgruntled with cape films nowadays because superhero movies are virtually guaranteed profit no matter how terrible they are, thus, they don't have to try anymore. They aren't concerned with the comic book stigma, because geek culture rules everything and the people behind these films dominate the industry. They barely have to worry about getting the right directors or cinematographers or set designers or whatever, they have computers and studio executives and etc taking care of these things now. As Orson Welles once said, the enemy of art is the absence of limitations.

I'm probably just overthinking it but that's how I'd explain my dissatisfaction.
I just want these movies to be so much better than they currently are.
>>
>>94110299

I agree, because new superhero movies are lumped into a universe which guarantees them success and if they fail, the consequences aren't really there because people sometimes just see it as "that one episode they didn't like as much in the series" but continue to watch the rest. What a shame...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.