[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Doom a... SJW?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1492898865562.jpg (43KB, 620x487px) Image search: [Google]
1492898865562.jpg
43KB, 620x487px
Bait title aside, this has always irked me. There are instances where Doom is portrayed as this absolutely secluded leader who spouts "LATVERIA IS TEH GREATEHSTEH", while keeping his borders airtight. In other times he's portrayed as someone who thinks borders are shit, and humanity needs to unite and shit.

In some instances he's portrayed as mildly racist, in others he's portrayed as loving everybody, accepting everything and other such things.

To me, these things clash. If you have a man so obsessed with the past that he keeps Latveria looking like a medieval village, I don't think he'd allow for Mosques to be built, like in Ewing's Loki (AXIS). I can buy the border thing ("Earth is Doom's, and Doom's possessions have no end" type of deal).

Is it all just inconsistent writting? Doombots? Are we supposed to have our own headcanon?
>>
Inconsistency in writing is prevalent throughout comics due to all the hands that pen a character's stories throughout the years. The average writer doesn't give these things nearly as much thought, though they'd be all right topics to broach and explore for the sake of characterization.
>>
>>94103961
With built-in excuses like Doombots it's easy to write Doom as anything want him to be. With as long as Doom been around the and the number of writers that get a hold of him, ya it gets pretty inconsistent.
Personally on the SJW/Rasism thing for Doom I like to think of him as the type that says "Everyone is equally inferior to DOOM!"
>>
>>94104148
>Personally on the SJW/Rasism thing for Doom I like to think of him as the type that says "Everyone is equally inferior to DOOM!"

I could easily see that.
>>
File: 1500258064810.gif (74KB, 480x293px) Image search: [Google]
1500258064810.gif
74KB, 480x293px
>>94103961
>Islam is a race
>>
>>94103961
Doom is a gypsy.
>>
>>94103961
With all the unfoces and inconsistent writing I think it is just best to view Doom and others as a sort of shared fiction with no real canon.

The characters have some vague traits that get put on, but don't expect any character growth or study that isn't immediately undone or reversed in the next issue. It severely lessens the enjoyment of the stories and robs characters of any real depth, but that's just the way it is.
>>
>>94104297
Wanted to say this, he's a fucking gypsy so of COURSE he'd have a problem with racism.
>>
>>94104129
Sure, but you need SOME consistency.

>>94104148
The whole "Latveria looks like a Medieval village" thing is what throws the whole thing off. No man who has such taste and governs his country that way would be for a borderless world where everyone is equal.

>>94104297
Eh, so what? You can be a minority and dislike another minority. Besides, every person who's met gypsies will tell you that they're literal subhumans, so...
>>
>>94104234
>Gif
>Doesn't move.

Also, he means his people, not Islam.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.