[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CW's The Ray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 21

File: Capture.png (1MB, 1362x645px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1362x645px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

>Earth X
>Freedom fighters
>Nazi Flash and Arrow
>Nazi Supergirl
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phantom Lady

This already looks miles better than Vixen.
>>
Need that guy who tried to claim Johns was an egomaniac preventing DC from adapting Morrison stuff to post again so I can laugh at him
>>
>>94102381
Is this going to be a 5 minutes episode series without a worldwide release like Vixen?
>>
>>94102442
Probably. Though it'll probably end up on DC's streaming service at some point.
>>
>>94102381
That looks rad as fuck

>red skies

so its going to end with Ray coming to the main CW universe isnt it? Is CW-Earth just going to become a refugee center for people from other Earths?
>>
>>94102481
Then into the cesspool it goes. You can't have a proper buildup in just 5minutes.
>>
So which show is he going to crossover with?
>>
>>94102555
like Vixen they'll probably release it altogether and add in more material to make it a proper movie
>>
>>94102381
Ok, that actually looked awesome and I am excited. Nazi Flash and Arrow is hype.
>>
Is it safe to say good DC animation is back ?
>>
>it's been six years since the freedom fighters had their own book
>it's been eleven years since a Quality character had their own book in the double digits
>>
>>94103130
And now they have their own cartoon.
>>
>>94102442
Likely, it's CW Seed
>>
>>94102381
>This already looks miles better than Vixen.
Vixen got better in "season" 2
>>
>>94102381
>that fire effect when they take out the non-Jin-Roh tank guy

Yikes
>>
File: 1500574885584.jpg (223KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500574885584.jpg
223KB, 900x900px
>Nazis take over America fantasy
>The world is on fire because Nazis won, unlike our current Communist paradise.
Jesus we really fought on the wrong side if these Jews still project this shit onto media.
On the other hand
>Nazi Supergirl
>Nazi Flash
>Nazi Green Arrow.
That's already three out of 5 of my top favorite heroes of all time. Fuck yes.
>>
File: 1500806475351.jpg (173KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1500806475351.jpg
173KB, 618x618px
>>94103548
Murdoch is downright embarrassing to watch. I honestly hope you don't consider this schlock as some genius political commentary or watch it for the message. People can't be that pathethic... right?
>>
>>94103584
Nah I
>>
File: 1500577337612.jpg (166KB, 750x928px) Image search: [Google]
1500577337612.jpg
166KB, 750x928px
>>94103584
Nah I know it gets cringey but it's still funny to watch sometimes.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (13KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
13KB, 240x210px
>>94103548
>>
I will be really mad if there won't be any Freedom Force references.
>>
>>94102381
god this is stupid. You know there was quite an strong support of the nazis in america right? and also nazies won so every thing must be ruined and on fire....wow how clever. also why would all the refugees be white?
>>
>>94103548
>>94103692
ITT: Newfags who don't know what Earth X is
>>
>>94103548
>The world is on fire because Nazis won, unlike our current Communist paradise.
Are you living in Red Dawn? Because I just looked outside my window and nothing's on fire. Just birds and trees and cars like usual. I can agree that if the Nazis won, they probably wouldn't have deliberately made the world into a complete hellhole for no apparent reason, but don't act like they're the good guys.
>>
>>94102381
The voices and artstyle don't mend well together to me
>>
>>94102381
This feels so unconnected from the rest of the CW stuff, I don't get the point of doing this over just making an original animated short.
>>
>>94103717
More good than the allies that's for damn sure.
>>
>>94103714
oh sorry....i just live in an country were being white means i am automatically an racist monster. Were white people are murdered at an drop of an hat. I am so sorry that i don't know about your america saved the world wank fantasy. Fuck you!
>>
>>94103714
normies were a mistake
>>
>>94103833
>S E E T H I N G
>>
>>94103859
you have no idea.
>>
>>94103832
Are you German?
>>
>>94103883
You are hilarious desu
>>
>>94103778
It's using Nazi Alts of Flash, Green Arrow and Supergirl
The Supergirl design for Red Tornado
The CW has leaned pretty heavily into the multiversal stuff between the Flash and Supergirl
And we've known that a Crisis is coming for years
This all fits in their mythology pretty well

By doing something a bit more ambitious like this for the Ray, it gives me hope for what they plan for Constantine
>>
>>94103917
Well the show Constantine mirrored the Swamp Thing story that introduced John and led directly into CoIEs.
>>
>>94102381
I'm digging this Phantom Lady outfit. It's modern, yet doesn't sacrifice a nice display of cleavage.
>>
>>94103548
>Jesus we really fought on the wrong side if these Jews still project this shit onto media.
>it was wrong the fight the Nazis because Jewish people can get annoying about that shit
>>
>>94103891
No but I don't need to be to see that the allies were just as shit and deceptive as they are now. Just listen to Hitler's speech when he declared war on the U.S. Everything he says about ''our lord and savior'' Roosevelt mirrors exactly the shit our leaders have been doing in recent times. Preach peace while being aggressive as fuck behind the scenes.
>>
>>94103893
Goddamit i am getting waay to /pol/ here.. sigh do stupid. Enjoy your nazies won slash fiction. dammit this is the wrong place to talk about this shit. s
>>
>>94103548
>Supergirl
>Flash
>Green Arrow
Really? 3 of your top 5? Do you read comics or just shitpost?
>>
Are Freedom Fighters threads now forever ruined by /pol/ being triggered?
>>
>>94104028
yeah pretty much...sorry
>>
>>94104028
Absolutely.
>>
>>94102381
Is that... a black Nazi?
>>
>>94103987
But the US didn't have gas chambers
>>
>>94104060
No, dummy, that's Black Condor, one of the Freedom Fighters.
>>
>>94104028
Whwb isn't /pol/ triggered?
>>
>>94104060
The black guy is part of the Nazi resistance.
If it follows comics each is a person Nazi's persecuted. Ray is homosexual and he is black. Phantom Lady is a gypsy I think.
>>
>>94104086
>>94104102
Thanks anons.
>>
>>94102381

>Nazi Supergirl.
>That haircut.

Mein Fuhrer, I am erect.
>>
>>94104081
If you mean by homicidal gas chambers, then neither did Germany. If by gas chambers to delouse clothing to prevent typhus as is normal for a concentration camp, then yes the US did as did Germany. But go ahead and show me a video of gassed victims, actual homicidal gas chambers, or even a picture would do. Obvious air raid shelters at Auschwitz next to the fake chimney on the grass that leads to nothing is not evidence.
>>
>>94104102
What about Doll Man?
>>
>>94104102
What's their problem with Red Tornado?
>>
File: mysteryfreedomfighter.png (66KB, 148x254px) Image search: [Google]
mysteryfreedomfighter.png
66KB, 148x254px
Who is this guy? I thought he was Doll Man at first, but I didn't see him shrink and he was flying around.
>>
>>94104185
I think he is Jewish.
>>94104188
I forget if he was in the comic.
>>
>>94104185
Jehova's Witness in Morrison's Mastermen, probably the same here.
>>
>>94104185
>>94104233
Doll Man's a Jehovah's Witness. Human Bomb is the one who's Jewish.
>>
>>94104231
Well based on the Freedom Fighters line ups that we typically get in adaptattoos that's either Doll Man or Human Bomb

My bet is Doll Man using a version of the ATOM suit
>>
>>94104292
And Red Tornado takes the Human Bomb role.
Jewish robot.
>>
File: happy-hanukkah.jpg (40KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
happy-hanukkah.jpg
40KB, 500x362px
>>
>Barry and Oliver are Nazis
These two are literally the least Nazi character in DC
>>
File: Blitzen_Earth_10_0001(2).jpg (84KB, 304x452px) Image search: [Google]
Blitzen_Earth_10_0001(2).jpg
84KB, 304x452px
>no Blitzen
Why though
>>
God just how often is Red Tornado blown up?
>>
>>94102859
>Good
>That fire effect
>>
>>94103548
>"The Nazis should have won"
>"Green Arrow is one of my favourite heroes"

Something doesn't add up.
>>
File: AP_17033190214561-1-1280x720.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AP_17033190214561-1-1280x720.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>94103717
>I've lived in bumfuck nowhere my whole life
>my woods aren't on fire that must mean everything is fine

Wow being white is great!
>>
>>94102859
Safe? No.
But this is a good sign.
>>
File: poz.jpg (49KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
poz.jpg
49KB, 952x536px
>>94103548
You should watch pic related.
>Entire plot is that Christians take over America and in the span of like 2 years they turn it into Saudi Arabia
>Rape is literally part of the law and women get raped daily
>Despite the fact that this is literally what the middle east is like the point of the show is to show how evil Christians are and it's even a plot point that not liking muslims is why this rape world with stonings, gay murder, ect is happening
>Canada is a perfect Liberal Utopia that accepts all refuges with open arms
>The writer and the fans are saying how this show is "becoming a reality" because Trump got elected despite the fact that Trump doesn't want to kill gays or legalize rape or do any of the stupid shit in this strawman TV show
>>
>>94104619
Antifa having shitfits from time to time is in no way equivical to some kind of Nazi/commie wasteland.
>>
>>94104651
>being this upset
>>
>>94104619
This bait is premium.
>>
>>94104574
Heroes transcend the pettiness of politics. I like heroes because they do the right thing no matter what. I don't care if Ollie is a hard liberal he is still cool and does the right thing. Or do I have to like shit that only aligns with my politics like SJWs do? Just look at Superman red son and see that despite him being a commie fuck, he is still the boy scout who does the right thing and saves anyone, even on his enemy's soil.
>>
>>94104681
I am not. That anon wants to get mad about shit so I gave him something to get mad at.
I just see The Handmaidens tale as a badly written book/show made to capitalize on the Trump fear wagon.
>>
>>94104689
How does one define 'the right thing'?

Is one's ethical practice not dependent on their political belief?
>>
>>94104722
Anon, The Handmaid's Tale was written over 30 years ago in a time when Westerners had almost no awareness of regular Muslims.
>>
>>94104722
The show was but the book is old. Atwood's been around a long while, dude.
>>
>>94104824
Yeah but the show was made to capitalize on fear mongering.
Also I doubt the writer didn't know anything about Islam since he made the cartoonishly evil Christians act just like islamists.
>>
>>94104820
Like when heroes save people even if they don't deserve it. When heroes don't take the lives of bad people, even if they want to or the person deserves no mercy. That is the right thing. It's why these heroes are an escapist fantasy because it is almost impossible to have their self control.
>>
>>94104848
That doesn't excuse the badly the writer portrays Christian Fundies. I am not Christian and I am very anti Fundie but Fundie Muslims and Fundie Christians aren't the same.
Fundie Christians would never support sex outside of Marriage, or polygamy, stonings or mutilation as punishment. The plot would have literally been more believable and make more sense if it just took place in modern day middle east.
>>
>>94104871
Gee, religious fundamentalist wth extremist view acting in similar fashion, whoda thunk it?
>>
>>94104962
>Deserves it
It's not about deserving it, Bats should have killed joker out of self defense or saving other peoples lives a million times by now. How many situations were there where joker was straight up KILLING people and Bats didn't take him out?
>>
>>94105022
see >>94105007
>>
>>94105007
>Fundie Christians would never support sex outside of Marriage, or polygamy, stonings or mutilation as punishment.

Um, mugga plase. The sex is explained by the need for babies, polygamy is part of mormonism and has nothing to do with the show, and as for stoning and mutilation, that is entirely in line with hardline old testament.
>>
>>94105007
>Fundie Christians would never support sex outside of Marriage, or polygamy, stonings or mutilation as punishment.

People with power would.

There's a lot of shit that happens in the Middle East that isn't necessarily proscribed in the Quran or hadiths, but still happens because of the attitudes that theocracy can engender. Stoning is a good example.

I agree that it's unlikely to happen, but it's unlikely that the events of 1984 will come to pass; the exaggeration helps pose the questions that dystopian fiction like these books raise.
>>
>>94105007
The point of the book was they turned to the old testament, which is very pro all of that
>>
>>94105007
I'm pretty sure the point the author was making wasn't that Christian fundamentalism will literally lead to that political situation. It was just an extreme version of literal female objectification that can be found in various forms across history.
>>
>>94105081
>Polygamy is part of mormonism
No it isn't. This is a myth. Mormonism has literally never supported it and it's illegal in Utah.
>Need for babies
That doesn't explain polygamy. It would be smarter to have multiple different people have sex then or quickly Marry 2 partners to have sex. The polygamy rape thing is some stupid commentary on the patriarchy.
>>
>>94103972
Yeah it's a good way of doing a redesign.
>>
>>94105093
>People with power would
Why?
>Middle east
Yeah, those are muslims who don't have an issue with Polygamy or the rest.
>>
>>94105117
Brigham Young had 55 wives
>>
>>94104445
this, fuck Barry
>>
>>94105100
>>94105112
But this is something Christianity never supported, not even during the dark ages. You can't just go
>Well they will just suddenly go evil for no reason and want to rape EVERYONE despite it Christianity always being against it
If the other wanted people acting like extremist Muslims then she should have used Muslims. If she wants to use Christians than she should have actually understood a bit about Christianity and used Inquisitions, witch hunts, ect that actually make sense.
>>
>>94105117
Let's google "Mormonism" and "polygamy" really quick...
Ah! First result is VERY specific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_polygamy
>Polygamy (more specifically, polygyny, called plural marriage by Mormons in the 19th century or the Principle by modern fundamentalist practitioners of polygamy) was taught by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) for more than half of the 19th century,[1] and practiced publicly from 1852 to 1890 by between 20 and 30 percent of Latter-day Saint families.[2][3]
Oh wow, they even have SOURCES!
>>
>>94105117
The handmaidens exist because very few people are fertile and the Gilead think that mostly the elite deserve to have fresh babies. Handmaidens are just a way to completely control women further and convenient waybtomforce them to breed as much as possible by assigning them into families to whom they are meant to provide heirs to, before moving on to the next family. It's an entirely corrupt system, twisting the bible to serve their wicked ways is the fucking point, you nincompoop. It's a dystopian sci fi novel, not fucking non-fiction account of Christian alt-right.
>>
>>94105260
>It's a dystopian sci fi novel, not fucking non-fiction account of Christian alt-right.
Tell the leftshits that, retard.
>>
>>94105229
>you can't just write fiction
Why, people make stuff up about Muslims all the time
>>
>>94105042
Joker is a hard one to defend but it's only as simple as plot armor because the Joker is important to Batman's character so killing him would be dumb. Batman does however have a code that forbids any killing. If he did kill Joker, deserving how it may be, it is a line that cannot be crossed. From there you can just keep going and going. Injustice shows that with Superman starting off with the Joker and then deciding for himself who gets to live or die. The symbol of hope becomes the symbol of fear.
>>
>>94105260
Which is stupid. It illogically makes the bad guys cartoonishly evil. The message is lost when you just make any excuse to make people evil. It goes against Christianity which was the point of the book and doesn't make sense in the plot since if you wanted to have babies artificial fertilization would take away the rape aspect. Also there would be no reason at all to have the "elite" try to have babies rather than have EVERYONE try to have babies.
>>
>>94103130
Remember the New 52 Freedom Fighters?

New versions of Ray, Human Bomb, and Phantom Lady (with Doll Man) had minis obviously building up a new Freedom Fighters book, but it never materialized and the characters never appeared again.
>>
>>94105299
Really? I can't think of an examples of Muslims being slandered in American media like the Handmaidens tale tries to do with Christians. The west doesn't criticize Islam like it does Chrisitanity.
>>
>>94105229
>But this is something Christianity never supported

Look up christian fundie cults, dumbass. Like in Waco. Fundamentalists have a habit of just making shit up and twisting things until it suits their agenda. The show even uses a direct bible quote to justify the handmaidens, which shows how much they like to enforce a very agenda driven interpretation of the bible.
>>
>>94105360
The Ray mini was pretty fun iirc.
>>
>>94105299
Oh come on now Muslims do it themselves. I can admit that Islam has been hijacked by extremists, The Middle Est was ''better'' before these fucks took over, but ''moderates'' are not speaking out for a reform of their religion and instead blame the victims of their bullshit. Islam is a disease that conquers a land and forces conversion to their religion.
>>
>>94105232
>One sect of Mormonism
>So one sect of a sect of Christianity and even then it made it illegal later on
Christianity in general is very anti polygamy. In fact the reason polygamy was a thing in Utah was out of necessity because of the out of balanced gender ratio and all other sects hated them for it.
>>
>>94105337
>if you wanted to have babies artificial fertilization would take away the rape aspect.

They're fundamentalists, i.e. they think artificial fertilization to be against God since it's not natural.
>>
>>94105377
>Cults
Yeah, cults which are characterized by being extremely small and therefore have no political power.
>>
>>94105360
Freedom Fighters don't really have an audience
>>
>>94105167
>Why?
Because theocracy engenders extreme punishments for wrong doing and I haven't yet met a fundamentalist who wasn't a hypocrite.

If going against their values keeps them in power, 9/10 fundamentalists will go against them. But they'll tell you they're actually following their values. The sense of righteousness that religious dogma can give a person can make them justify to themselves great evils that they would not dream of had they not attained absolute power.

I agree that it's a silly book but assuming that fundamental Abrahamic theocracy would be bad for women is pretty much correct.
>>
>>94105418
And Rape would be against god too and sex outside of Marriage. You aren't applying logic fully. There is literally no reason for there to be handmaidens and rape in the plot outside of the writer making a stupid strawman.
>>
>>94105369
>pork is Muslim kryptonite and if you dip bullets in pigs blood Muslims won't go to paradise
>>
>>94105489
>And Rape would be against god too and sex outside of Marriage

Yes but rape provides immediate pleasure for the rapist. Artificial fertilization doesn't do that. People will act against their stated values for selfish reasons, especially if they can get away with it. It's one of the biggest human flaws, throughout history.
>>
>>94105496
But can you think of an example? Imagine if Handmaidens tale took place in the middle east? It would be banned in most Euro countries as a hate crime.
>>
>>94105448
Gilead is literally a small cult that engineers terrorist attacks to overthrow the government by framing muslim extremiste so that they can seize power through martial law. That's why they even show how they are tearing down Christian churches.

Being autistic about how Christian wouldn't do X, Y and Z because they don't think like that is meaningless because it's a small extremist group with back water theology taking control and forcing the rest of the country to follow suit.
>>
>>94104188
He's a red
>>
>>94105527
I just posted one
>>
>>94105526
Say what you want about Christians but they know how to hide their sexuality, at least publicly if they think it will take them to heaven. Basically the point of the book that fundies are bad doesn't make sense when you give the bad guys attributes that aren't exclusive to them in any way.
>>
>>94105451
They really don't.

Palmiotti Gray spent the better part of a decade trying to make them happen.
>>
>>94105527
>Imagine if Handmaidens tale took place in the middle east?

I don't have to imagine, I can watch the news.
>>
>>94105369
The reason Handmaid's Tale was about Christians and not Muslims was because Atwood was writing about America, and America's main religion is Christianity.
It wasn't just a criticism of Christianity either, it was of all religions, she apparently based the treatment of the women off of things that had all actually done to women by different cultures from across history, including by Muslims.
It's more of a criticism of all religions being sexist, just using Christianity because it's based in America and not fucking Saudi Arabia.
It was written in the fucking 80s and has nothing to do with fucking Trump
>>
>>94105489
>And Rape would be against god too and sex outside of Marriage

That is why they call it a ritual and claim it's ok because the bible says so. Idiot. And the elite if the Gilead are hypocrites, another integral part of the story and criticism of religious fundamentalism. People in power will always do shit they condemn other people for doing. Just look at all the closeted anti-gay politicians and pedophile priests.
>>
>>94105560
Except there is no way a small cult would take over America in the span of a few years. There is no way other they would take over other groups of Christians either. It's retarded and the anti islamic message makes no sense considering everything shown literally happens in the middle east.
>>
Its been... 60 years. why would the US still be in ruins and under martial law? That always bugs me in these scenarios. Most of the people especially second generation would be for stability and would eventually side with the Reichsmen if Nazi Germany conquered the states.

Multiversity's version kinda makes more sense where most of the US has been developed and only a smal part was still sympathetic to the Freedom Fighters
>>
>>94105668
It's fucking fiction! Superhero comics make no sense yet here we are, talking about Handmaidens tale in a Freedom Fighters from Earth X thread because it triggers assholes like you.
>>
>>94105611
>America's main religion is Christianity
>But I wont actually make it about Christianity and just turn the Christians into muslims

Literally the plot is
>Evil people take power over America for some reason that in no way are representative of any real group that exists in America
>I am going to use this retarded boogeyman group as a message against people
>>
>>94105682
Iraq and Afganistan fell to US troops over a decade ago, yet they are still conflicted areas.
>>
>>94105668
>there is no way a small cult would take over America in the span of a few years
Anon, it's a dystopia. Dystopia's are literally always meant to make you think 'this couldn't happen in real life'. It's an exaggeration, like someone else said further up in the thread. It's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be a social commentary or some stupid theory about human nature or some shit.
>>
>>94105703
>It's fiction
yeah but it's trying to be a serious fiction. It's trying to tell a message and it is trying to be taken seriously. It is filled with plot holes and makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>94105717
I mean the differences are less then you'd think with fundemental christians.
>>
>>94105738
It reminds me of the walking dead where for no reason everyone becomes evil murder rapist hobos. It only works if you don't try to take it seriously but it's hard not to when it tries to act like it should be or is trying to create a message. The author even admits she is trying to push an Agenda for this crap.
>>
>>94105731

yeah but the US never really conquered outright it like setting up their own government and annexing it as part of the US.
>>
>>94105752
>it can't be serious fiction unless it's 100% realistic
>plot holes, which when used on 4chan means in 100% of cases 'something i don't like'
This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>94105717
It's literally Not All Christians as well, it's shown that the fundamentalists have killed Catholics for being Catholic in the first episode. There's a nun who helps the main character's husband escape to Canada.
>>
>>94105870
If the serious was just a silly "What if" like Black Mirror or something that would be fine, but it was purposely created as a serious critique of America by an Anti-American Canadian Activist as an attack on American conservatism. I am being serious, the author doesn't hide her political agenda, she is open about it. As a plot that is supposed to be taken seriously with a serious message behind it, it is fucking retarded. The plot makes no sense and the message makes no sense.
>>
File: 1460177391490.png (208KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1460177391490.png
208KB, 327x316px
>nazis win
>things are bad

TOP FUCKING KEK

Im fucking plying Hitler would let the jews turn America into a corporate playground hellhole with insane wealth inequality
>>
>>94105916
But that is just another part of the stupidity of the situation. How would an extremely small cult gain the power in a few years to take over the entire country?
>>
>>94105968
>The plot makes no sense and the message makes no sense.

Just because you insist it doesn't make it so,
>>
>>94106051
But I explained why it doesn't make sense in several posts.
>>
>>94106094
but it makes sense fine
>>
>>94106032
They killed most of the house of representatives and senate, after which martial law was imposed by men they had in place, then they just started taking back liberties in the name of making America safe. Sound familiar? It's 9/11 but with steroids. People just let it happen out of fear and "this can't be happening" wilfull ignorance until it was too late and the Gilead started enforcing their rule with military might.
>>
>>94103717
American Jew here, I liked the presentation of Earth X in Multiversity, and the guilt arc of Overman at the cost paid in innocents for the Utopia he created.
>>
>>94106123
Also the world was in crisis because birth rates were dropping and most women couldn't have children anymore, that probably whipped up more fear and paranoia
>>
>>94104651
You do know that christian extremists in the US are like that, though?
They don't talk about killing gays but saying they're abominations. It means that if they could, they would.
Same about a wife duty to her husband about sex and domestic violence if she doesn't comply.

Surprise, Christianism, like Islam was created about thousands of years ago by people we would consider savages, and those who are adamant to follow religious books to the letter are nuts, wether they're christians, muslims or wathever.
>>
I'm a little surprised that they're actually making use of the Nazi swastika. I was almost certain they'd be shying away from using the symbol like every single other thing around in the past few years.
>>
Can it be the Freedom Fighters without Uncle Sam?
>>
>>94106094
You've said nothing about internal inconsistencies in the plot, ie plot holes.
>>
>>94106114
No it doesn't.
>A small cult takes over America despite it going against every other sect of Christianity
>These laws make no sense
>>
>>94106509
what part of they're hypocrites do you not understand?
>>
File: DFNYRicVoAExMR3.jpg large.jpg (591KB, 1619x1253px) Image search: [Google]
DFNYRicVoAExMR3.jpg large.jpg
591KB, 1619x1253px
>>94106288
WW Earth One v2 is using it as well, but printed material always gets treated differently I guess
>>
>>94106751
You are retarded. That doesn't explain the plot holes at all.
>>
>>94106823
>Dat Baroness Paula von Gunther

Unf.
>>
>>94106123
That's also retarded. There is a clear difference between the Patriot act and forcing women to be sex slaves.
>>
>>94106751
Give one example of the mainstream Christian church endorsing rape. This is just a feminist boogeyman wet dream.
>>
>>94102381
>They made Black Condor black.

I shouldn't find that funny but I do.
>>
>>94106285

>t. edgelord atheist equivalent

As a person who lives in an actual Christian small southern town, none of this shit is true.
>>
>>94106751
>They are hypocrites so that means the plot and characters don't have to make sense
The show is shit. It's as if Crossed got a TV show but also tried pushing a serious political message.
>>
>>94107202
Are you trying to say that horsecock is not a serious political message?
>>
>>94107267
I find that offensive. Horsecock is highly serious matter.
>>
>>94107202
The show basically took the plot of you average hentai.
>Something bad happened and now women are sex slaves to men and men to have sex with many women and they can't say no to it and other women force them to have sex with the women
The only problem is that all the women are ugly and somehow retarded feminists think it's an empowering plot.
>>
File: IMG_2137.jpg (66KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.jpg
66KB, 540x720px
Trump's election and the rise of the alt-right has really sent these people off the fucking deep end, hasn't it? I mean, TV shows/movies/games were already getting pretty bad, but now, not a day goes by that a gay black woman or whatever is cast as a lead, and a new show/game comes out where some evil right wing whites/nazis/fascists/religious fundamentalists/confederates have taken over and created a dystopia, and it's up to the brave brown heroes to stop them and save the refugees.
>>
>>94107555

Earth X has been a thing since 1976, dude.
>>
>>94103548
How does one get this much edge into a single post?
>>
>>94107612
And to add, the Multiversity issue that brought the idea back was published in 2015. And it's been planned since 2006.
>>
>>94107555
Handmaid's Tale was written 30 years ago
>>
>>94107682
>>94107612
Yeah but the only reason there is a cartoon of it is to capitalize on the outrage culture.
>>
>>94107715
If there's a Trump analogue, I'll agree with you.
>>
>>94107715
>The only reason

Take a load of this guy's persecution complex.
>>
>>94107738
>Persecution
I am not a nazi so I am not being persecuted. I am just noticing an obvious trend.
>>
>>94107715
Nah, DC has been pushing the Freedom Fighters for like a decade now. This is just the latest attempt.

Maybe you should actually pay attention to comics before you try to claim conspiracy.
>>
>>94107555

>implying that it's ever a bad thing to see Nazis mercilessly mowed down like weeds
>>
>>94107775

Oh yeah. Just like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck, you're just asking questions. Just like how Trump was only asking questions about vaccines or President Obama's birth certificate. You aren't a Nazi or a collaborator, you're just sticking up for them out of...concern...for...?
>>
>>94107846
I don't like Trump. I am not asking a question. I am stating that there is an increase in anti conservative media because it makes money. It's basic capitalism.
>>
>>94106823
>>94106288
why the fuck would you be surprised that they are using the nazi symbol in association with evil nazis?
>>
File: so much for the tolerant left.jpg (369KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
so much for the tolerant left.jpg
369KB, 1400x700px
>>94107715

Right. Kinda like how you're outraged over the depiction of Nazis being used in a superhero comic book when they're one of the absolute oldest things that superheroes have fought against.

Pic related, but spoilered for your precious sentiments.
>>
>>94107956

>nazis depicted as bad guys
>increase in anti-conservative media
>nazis are conservatives
>>
>>94107846
Why are you doing this here? We were finally back on subject to /co/ and you're trying to derail into political bullshit again. Go away.

He's wrong though. It's just adapting the latest published version.
>>
>>94107965
Most animated (as in moving, not just cartoons specifically) media have just shied away from it. Captain America has none at all, even before Schmidt went with "We're going public with being HYDRA", the new Wolfenstein game doesn't have them, etc. etc.
>>
>>94107965
Because it's been omitted sometimes even in the DCAU. This is a change in behavior for DC.
>>
>>94108023

I dunno, man. For some reason, when I see people sympathizing with Nazis, it kinda irritates me. Just a little. I don't know what could've possibly come over me. My deepest apologies for attacking a Nazi sympathizer in a very glib and sarcastic way.
>>
>>94108058
This is for CW seed, which isn't aimed at young viewers. Teens and up is their demo.
>>
File: wOCRB89.jpg (26KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
wOCRB89.jpg
26KB, 852x480px
>>94108024
Because Marvel/Disney and Bethesda are fucking cowards and if they used a swatizka they couldnt sell it in Germany.
>>94108058
Bitch no it hasnt, DC aint cowards.
>>
>>94108115
They did though. Do you not remember the JL episode where they were in WW2? The swastikas were all replaced by S, because Vandal Savage was now der fuhrer.
>>
File: Metropolis_(Justice_League).jpg (123KB, 1344x476px) Image search: [Google]
Metropolis_(Justice_League).jpg
123KB, 1344x476px
>>94108115
How young are you?
>>
File: ss-bolts-1.jpg (6KB, 132x150px) Image search: [Google]
ss-bolts-1.jpg
6KB, 132x150px
>>94108157
>>94108188
>hurr durr one episode did it so surely that means they have an aversion!!!

Also you guys are fucking retarded, are you so young you dont know what the SS symbol was?
>>
>>94108236
That's obviously not the fucking case here since the SS didn't rise to power, Vandal Savage did.
>>
>>94108258
>making all these excuses just to prove in a single episode of a tv show they DIDNT USE ANY NAZI IMAGERY AT ALL NOPE

holy shit, so just because Vandal Savage was there and took over the nazis means that there is no possible way they were emulating the SS symbol? Really? And this also means the symbol is completely now devoid of its nazi roots? You are going to do this many mental gymanistics so you can be right on the internet?
>>
>>94108236
DC purposely omitted the swastika in the past and we gave you an example. It's ok if you forgot but don't pretend like they've always allowed it to be used. The commentary track also states that they weren't allowed to use it.
>>
>>94108302

Are you fucking retarded? No one is saying they stopped using Nazi imagery. We're saying they've gone and shied away from using the Nazi SWASTIKA. Not the fucking red armband and black uniform that would symbolize your old fashioned Nazi, not the fucking iron cross, but the swastika.
>>
>>94108115
Its more like they don't want to betray Walt's vision of a Jewless utopia by depicting the Nazis as villains.
>>
File: AdolfHitler.png (133KB, 359x269px) Image search: [Google]
AdolfHitler.png
133KB, 359x269px
>>94108188

That was set in a future where the Nazis were subverted by Vandal Savage, who didn't use swastikas.
>>
>>94108326
>>94108346

Your proof is literally one single episode. Thats it. I believe that, for that one show aimed at children on CN, they werent allowed to us it. That in no way proves that DC had an aversion to using it. They released an animated MOVIE with the swatistka in it. They released comics at the same time as the DCAU with swatistkas in them.

Jesus christ, if you see example of a thing it doesnt mean its a trend/policy. Do you fucking retards also think all red barrels explode because you saw it happen on TV once?
>>
>>94108004
Nice strawman faggot.
>>
>>94108446

>stop using my words and their direct implications against me
>>
>>94102381
Light powers are pretty great but I wish they where represented as something other than flight, blasts and the occasional construct
>>
>>94108465
>Direct implications
I never implied I was a Neo Nazi. You are just creating shit in your head to justify your faggotry.
>>
>>94108483

You don't need to. Here you are making a direct, explicit comparison between the use of Nazis as a villain as an assault on conservatism:

>I don't like Trump. I am not asking a question. I am stating that there is an increase in anti conservative media because it makes money. It's basic capitalism.

And here you are saying that anything that depicts Nazis or Confederates as bad guys is necessarily against Trump:

>Trump's election and the rise of the alt-right has really sent these people off the fucking deep end, hasn't it? I mean, TV shows/movies/games were already getting pretty bad, but now, not a day goes by that a gay black woman or whatever is cast as a lead, and a new show/game comes out where some evil right wing whites/nazis/fascists/religious fundamentalists/confederates have taken over and created a dystopia, and it's up to the brave brown heroes to stop them and save the refugees.

I'm sorry you're so offended, snowflake. Maybe you should stop bitching about it on the internet and do something useful.
>>
>>94108425
We're not saying it's limited to the DCAU, more that it's on the media at large.

Also, your argument is "they didn't use it in one episode", as though JL was chock-full of going back in time to punch Nazis. how exactly are you refuting our point?
>>
>>94108425
Your proof that it's "always" been allowed is literally just one DTV released almost a decade after the DCAU example. Comics don't work as evidence because they're made by different people, as was already mentioned when comics examples were brought up in the first place.

>PG show
>aimed at children

come on now
>>
Is it me or are US civil war, Cold War and WW2 Alternate histories kinda over done. I want to an AU where the Aztec conquest went diffrently or the Mongol Empire never disolved.
>>
>>94108711
nobody cares about those, look at Marco Polo getting cancelled
>>
>>94108711
None of that resonates with Americans and wouldn't make money. If you want that it needs to come from that region where maybe they do more than memorize a couple of facts to pass a high school test then forget about it.
>>
>>94108711
I kinda wanna see an alternate universe where either America never revolted or lost the revolutionary war to see where they could go with that.
>>
>>94108754
what about an alternate Roman history, everyone loves comparing burgerland to the Romans
>>
>>94102424
What are you talking about? Nazi earth wasn't Morrison's idea and Johns doesn't give a shit about the cw.
>>
>>94108609
I am not conservative either.
You really are retarded.
Also that quote wasn't me. Have fun being confirmed retarded.
>>
>>94108931
Would be highly expensive. Although I've wanted to see for a long time a TV shown that is about Roman politics, only set it in the present to ease the production costs, while keeping certain key aesthetics like ceremonial red robes and architecture intact, kinda like how most modernized Shakespeare plays tend to do.
>>
>>94109012

You may or may not be a conservative, but you still explicitly made a connection between conservatism and Nazism, and you decided to defend someone who got their panties in a twist over Nazis being treated like bad guys for reasons that escape me. So...
>>
All this cancer.
>>
>>94104445
desu

The only members of the "Nazi league" how are the same version of the Justice League are Aquaman, Supermand and Supergirl, everybody else is a completely different person.
>>
I wish DC would reprint Quality and Fawcett. As well as Fox comics.
>>
File: spurdo kun.png (180KB, 420x524px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo kun.png
180KB, 420x524px
>>94105998
>Nazis win
>things are bad for Jews, Blacks, Gypsis, Jehovah Witnesses, Jews, Mixed people, etc

I mean, yeah, that's the point
>>
File: IMG_0399.jpg (659KB, 1141x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0399.jpg
659KB, 1141x1600px
>>94109649
They brought back midnight in one of those young animal back ups
>>
>>94102381
The Nazis did nothing wrong.
>>
Just to trigger you faggots more, The Ray is a gay superhero and the rest of the freedom fighters in this earth are US minorities or jews.
>>
Cool
>>
Oliver would never be a Nazi
>>
>>94112797

He would've if his mom and dad were nazis. And his friends were nazis. And he was taught by nazis and raised on nazi stories.
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.