[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

find a flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: New_MC_Banner.png (107KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
New_MC_Banner.png
107KB, 600x406px
find a flaw
>>
>>94100744
Steven, the only chubby character that has an excuse to be chubby, isn't.
>>
>>94100744
Almost everything. It's a worse show than season 3+ of Adventure Time
>>
niggers
>>
>>94100744
The episodes that are supposed to endear Earth and it's People to us are so lame that they make you wish World would exterminatus them already just for a change of pace.
>>
>>94100744
Everything
>>
>>94100856
elaborate
>>
>>94100744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
>>
>>94100744
The fans alone make it a shit show
>>
>>94100744
the entire show is a flaw and stain on humanity, OP. but you probably know this already unless you're new here.
>>
>>94100744
>Intergalactic superpowerful race of rock creatures with a massive army exists
>They find out the small platoon who went rouge is still alive and on Earth
>It is established it only takes a few minutes or hours to reach Earth from just about anywhere with their space ships
>Multiple months pass, and they continue to only send 2 or 3 assholes at a time every other month to take them out instead of sending a whole squad there immediately like any intelligent military group would do
It's literally impossible to take the plot seriously when this is how they go about it. Once the Crystal Gems got found out they should've been fucked big time, but they weren't at all. They just continue to have these gay ass confrontations with individual gems because the writers are retarded.
>>
>>94101071
>Letting a fandom ruin a show for you
It must be a sad life you live.
>>
>>94100744
>literally three or four threads on the catalog
>decide to make a fifth because you care for (you)s that much
>>
>>94101133
ever heard of MLP: FiM? sometimes its best just to let things go when the people associated with it become cancer.
>>94101122
exactly. given the type of show it is and the type of super powered and super intelligent beings the gems are, you'd think it'd be more eventful, but 90% of the episodes consist of filler garbage and villains are do nothing but job up until they get defeated by the good guys and it ep ends. its such a waste of potential its honestly insulting to anyone who's ever watched an action cartoon before.
>>
>>94100938
wtf I love SU now
>>
>>94101230
>sometimes its best just to let things go when the people associated with it become cancer.
Hmm... Fair enough.
>>
File: 1482472384370.png (94KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
1482472384370.png
94KB, 350x261px
I think bomb formats are horrible.

I miss the good old days when new episodes of cartoons came on regularly every Friday night
>>
>>94100744

>Its another SU hate thread

I already got over this show, i come here to check up on it and how it will end, but i no longer get mad about it.

Is anyone still legit upset about how things turn out with this show?
>>
>>94100744
>Bad pacing.
>Bad decision to separate slice of life with magical adventures, because now all SoL feels like "filler".
>Anti-climatic resolutions to big built up threats.
>Relies on crying and screaming out your feelings to be dramatic too much.
>Not having at least one person on staff who is great at fight scenes to add tension during them. More often than not, fight scenes serve as background drops for emotional outbursts, when they're suppose to represent the emotional troubles the character has within.
>Creating a cool world but then limiting our POV to Steven. No point in having a history where Gems affect Earth's history if you don't explore it.
>Putting things on "the backburner" far too often (Bismuth, Jasper, Cluster). Or in Peridot and Lapis' case, "in the barn".
>Characters are suppose to be smart and competent, yet all too often they act dumber than Irkens. Likewise stated here >>94101122
>Huge missed opportunity not involving human government into alien shit, which just makes this world look even more unbelievable that any person on this planet besides a handful would show zero interest in the Gems.
>Capable of having good art, but artists are encouraged to go off-model, and half the artists on staff are not good enough artists to be trusted with that.
>Can't decide if it wants to be an episodic comedy or a big long narrative adventure. Tries way too hard to have its cake and eat it, too.
>Gives too much control to the storyboarder to add to the overall story of the series.

It's basically Wasted Potential: The Series.
>>
>>94101546
>Bad decision to separate slice of life with magical adventures, because now all SoL feels like "filler".

Huh. I never thought of it that way but you are right. The SoL episodes do feel like filler now. It wasn't like this early on.
>>
>>94101546
>>Anti-climatic resolutions to big built up threats.
They really dropped the ball hard with Lars and the off colors. I thought we'd get to see an episode of them at least struggling to get off the planet, but nope. Just skipped straight to anime reference #243, and tell us how everything went instead of showing us. Also, if it's that easy for a human and couple of gems to steal a military ship, then I can't really see what's so threatening about this planet. The only thing the preview has done so far is cement the fact in my mind that all the Gems, from the Diamonds to the Cyrstal Gems, are completely and utterly incompetent at everything they do.
Fuck, they killed any tension there in that episode when they showed Steven taking Connie of all people to go check up on Lars.
>>
>>94102257
>tension
>in a kids show made for 8 year olds

Why do you guys even watch cartoons?
Even the holy grail of children's cartoons (Avatar) had bad pacing and lackluster conclusions. Maybe you should move on to something more age appropriate like Game of Thrones or Books.
>>
>>94100744
I love the show, but I can name its man flaws.
>The Anti-Climaxes give me Vietnam-level flashbacks to the worst flaws of Adventure Time.
>The townies episode that don't involve the gems interacting with them are poor and barely shake up the plot or status quo. There are some exceptions like Vidalia and Athemyst but they are rare.
>The consistency in the off-model scale of characters is getting ridiculous, especially in the later seasons. Steven and Peridot are the worst examples. Connie can flux between normal height and "what the fuck happened to your shins, elbows and neck?" but nowhere as bad as the former two.
>The writers and storyboarders can't decide if Steven should act like a 14-year-old (his actual age) or a 8-year-old. Same with some of the characterization of the Gem, with Garnet sometimes acting like Ruby with Sapphire's intelligence and not as her own person. And don't me get started on how Peridot and Lapis act sometimes.
>The villains don't really come off a threatening, scary and menacing, they come off as hopeless, desperate and at times, even pathetic and stupid.
>The constant giant gaps between the release of episodes let the series' fanbase go out of control and desperate just so CN can wank off to Teen Titans Go more.
>Sugar really needs to put her foot down onto her writers, fans and especially her storyboarders. Her kicking off Zuke from the show for her self-insertion and forced Bubbline-level shipping was a good start.
>The show's fanbase is bad, but the show's haters are far far worse.
>>
>>94102416
Live action, literature, and movies can all have "Kids going on adventures and there is tension". From Iron Giant, to Harry Potter, to any classic Spielberg movie starring a kid. Fuck, I've seen more tension in sitcoms like Roseanne than I do in Steven Universe.

Why TV cartoons drop the ball when it comes to writing 101 is beyond me other than people have very low standards for it, so the writing skill level is just overall lower.
>>
>>94102609
>Her kicking off Zuke from the show for her self-insertion and forced Bubbline-level shipping was a good start.
I don't follow the show on that level, what's the short version of this story?
>>
>>94102764
>Live action, literature, and movies

Yes that's what I'm saying, not 11 minute kids shows with a Korean animated budget filled with people hired from internet blogs.

Even Samurai Jack failed to impress and that was supposed to be the savior of the animation industry.
>>
File: concretethatyoucanstep.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
concretethatyoucanstep.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
Tumblrism I guess?
>>
>>94102764
>Why TV cartoons drop the ball when it comes to writing 101 is beyond me other than people have very low standards for it, so the writing skill level is just overall lower.
People like the anon you replied to, don't hold it to any kind of standards, or excuse any issues it has as 'for kids', thus creators don't push themselves to have standards. Hell, this show doesn't even seem to have a reference chart so the artist can at least keep track of each character's heights.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.