[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doc Shaner joins the Terrifics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: DFSrJMoWsAAfTl8.jpg-large.jpg (154KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
DFSrJMoWsAAfTl8.jpg-large.jpg
154KB, 1040x1040px
Where were you when DC made a fantastic 4 book and put their best artists on it?

https://www.newsarama.com/35561-doc-shaner-joins-dc-s-the-terrifics.html
>>
Damn this is a good day.
>>
This is the only Dark Matter book I care to read.
>>
>>94099134
Really hope Lemire doesn't fuck up, this has the potential to be great.
>>
That's fantastic.

But I thought Plas could never change his color scheme.
>>
>>94099134
I hope Lemire does a good job but damn I'm hyped.
>>
Concerned about Lemire, but it seems like it could be fun.
>>
Picked the fuck up
>>
>>94099179
Maybe it's Offspring.
>>
>>94099186
>>94099178
Black Hammer proves Lemire can write great team books.
>>
>>94099134
Thread theme song
https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=Dz2liqSIHAo

>>94099179
>>94099231
>But I thought Plas could never change his color scheme.
Mr. Terrific is gonna whip up a stretchy costume he’ll put on
>>
>>94099255
Using Terrific molecules.
>>
>>94099179
The scheme is mostly the same. Only color missing is gold and it could be hidden somewhere I guess.
>>
>>94099134
>fantastic 4
No it n-

Yeah, it is. Plasticman wins again.
>>
>>94099134
Still miffed that's apparently not Tinya.

On the other hand, it's gotta be Phase then, and that would be cool. It would be stupid and pointless if she was an entirely new character. Unless... We never did meet the third triplet. And Lemire is enough of a LoSH-fag that he would know about that...
>>
>>94099255
Link should be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2liqSIHAo
Video is restricted in my country so I had to use a proxy

>>94099238
He can write good families, but his Black Hammer and Animal Man are not typical superheroics stories. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt, though.
>>
>>94099300
Damage and Sideways seem to be Hulk and Spider-Man riffs as well.
>>
>>94099315
I feel like Reboot Tinya with the weird teen marriage and pregnancy wasn't good enough to want to bring that back.

Some kind of versions of Phase or just turning Phantom Girl into a general legacy seems more likely.
>>
>>94099289
That's so perfectly stupid I hope they use that.
>>
>>94099134
MARVEL'S GONNA FREAK!
>>
>>94099292
>Only color missing is gold and it could be hidden somewhere I guess
ew
>>
>>94099134
>lemire
>team book

this is going to be a carwreck.
>>
My question is will he turn into bicycle?
>>
>>94099422
I mean I was thinking tongue ring or something
>>
>>94099359
Phase was Enya Wazzo (aka. Tinya's cousin) for a while before the reboot happened so that might be it
>>
>>94099134
How can M*rvel even compete?
>>
LoSH recommended reading?
>>
>>94099134
Wait, wait, wait, so this is essentially DC's Fantastic Four?
>>
>>94099134
>Metamorpho AND Plastic Man

The Terrifics are a pretty OP team, much stronger than the actual Fantastic Four
>>
>>94099692

Pretty much, they've been talking about it comparing it to the original Kirby F4.
>>
>>94099685
http://legionabstract.blogspot.com/2010/10/where-should-i-start-with-legion-of.html

>>94099812
They compared it to Kirby FF AND to Tom Strong. Pretty excited if it holds up.
>>
>>94099134
Okay, I was already interested becasue of Plas, but that seals the deal.
>>
>>94099685
I feel weird about reccing arcs because so much of it is about the build-up over time, but Great Darkness Saga, Legion Lost, and Superman and the LoSH are all good. Right now reading LEGION/REBELS might be useful if you want a hint for what they could be going for with Phantom Girl in Terrifics. She is one of the older characters so she's fairly prominent in most versions, but I guess I wouldn't say she's had a specific focus arc that can be suggested.

Next is what I generally have saved, but much of it is also here >>94099830

>You could start from the beginning and marathon through but if you need a little help with some starting points/suggestions (there have been a couple of LoSH torrents around but I don't have a link)

>Silver age: Adventure Comics #346
>Bronze age: LoSH v2 #283
>Five Years Later (you'll want to read it with context of the earlier stuff though): LoSH v4 #1
>90s Reboot (first proper reboot): LoSH v4 #0, Legionnaires #0, LoSH v4 #62, Legionnaires #19, LoSH v4 #63, etc (they stop crisscrossing directly after like an arc or two but they'll crossover again at times as well)
>DnA run: LoSH v4 #122, Legionnaires #79, LoSH v4 #123, Legionnaires #80 then Legion Lost (you could start with Legion Lost on its own but the context helps)
>Threeboot (second proper reboot): v5 #1
>Retroboot (sort of an unboot): mainly just the Johns arcs (JLA/JSA Lightning Saga, Superman and the LoSH, Final Crisis Lo3W)
>Other cool things: Star Trek crossover, Morrison's Action run, Superboy's Legion Elseworld
>Not exactly LoSH but you should read it: L.E.G.I.O.N. and R.E.B.E.L.S.

>5YL gets shitty when Giffen leaves. Threeboot gets shitty when Waid and Bedard leave. Retroboot get shitty/mediocre when Johns leaves.

>There's a ton of minis that aren't listed that are ok, Mon-El had an ongoing and was pretty involved in New Krypton, etc. But I assume once you get a taste for things you'll probably read them anyway. I probably forgot something obvious.
>>
>>94099865
Do you know any specific stories with Karate Kid as the main guy? I like him.
>>
>>94099685
Depends on what era you want to start with.

I'm not very good at the original run and it's kind of confusing to be honest.

Reboot isn't really collected but lots of fun. It's a slightly more modern take on a young Legion and the mood and cast tends to switch around a lot. You can start with Legionnaires vol 1 or The Beginning of Tomorrow (Or Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4 #00, if you want to read issues)

The Threeboot is more dark and edgy than the first two runs and a lot of people aren't super fond of it, but it's fully trade collected, fairly independent and very easy to follow. You can start with Teenage Revolution (or Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 5 #1)

The Retroboot starts out pretty good but kind of got fucked over post-FP so you should stop reding right around then if you choose this one. It resurrects the first run and modernises it a little, showing an older team that deals with more serious issues. Its beginning is a little over the place but it's easiest to start with The Choice (Or Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6 #1)
>>
>>94099882
His introduction (Adventure 346) is where the silver age stuff picks up imo so you could start there and read a little until him and the other new characters aren't that much of the focus. He did have a solo in the 70s or something for a bit but I can't remember how it was.

He was in Countdown but don't read Countdown.
>>
stupid sexy doc shaner art
>>
who at dc can do team books?
>>
>>94100009
Johns, Abnett, Bedard, Giffen when he's in a good mood, Winick, probably other people I can't recall at the moment
>>
>>94099238
Cool, Illved Sweet Tooth-
>Black Hammer
Oh.
It seemed good for what it was, but if this new book is a dysfunctional family of superheroes all my hope just died.
>Cautiously pessimistic.
>>
>>94100009
Parker
>>
>>94100009
>>94100067
I wish Kurt Busiek did more stuff for DC other than Astro City.

>>94100071
With all their comparisons to Fantastic Four and Tom Strong, I’m pretty sure it won’t be a dysfunctional family. I hope not.
>>
If this turns out to be a L.E.G.I.O.N thing, I will be so fucking happy.
>>
>>94100098
I realy hope you're right. The last monthly I actually bought on the regular was the FF.
>>
>>94100098
>I wish Kurt Busiek did more stuff for DC other than Astro City.
Even that's not really DC given that it's creator-owned.
>>
>>94100067
What team books has Winick done that are good?

His Outsiders and Titans were garbage.
>>
>>94099238
Black Hammer is as much of a superhero team book as his Royal City is.
>>
>>94099134
Going from Reis to ashamed is gonna be jarring.

Wish they could've gotten another artist instead of Reis since his style won't fit the 60s Kirby FF well
>>
>>94099988
Thank you!
>>
>>94100067
>Johns
TT and JL were both garbage
>Abnett
He separated from Lanning a while back. >Bedard
Has he done anything good except for Rebels?
>Winnick
Winnick is a shit writer.
>>
>>
>>94100485
>>Bedard
>Has he done anything good except for Rebels?
He did the KFC comics.
>>
>>94099134
>A writer who can't write team books for shit
>An artist who can't keep up with a monthly schedule
How big a disappointment will this turn out to be, /co/mrades?
>>
>>94100540
With your attitude and low expectations how could you be disappointed?
>>
File: tumblr_nvqrlpej831qmd57go1_1280.jpg (212KB, 700x896px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvqrlpej831qmd57go1_1280.jpg
212KB, 700x896px
>>94100540
It's a four person team, so it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>94100485
>TT and JL were both garbage

JSA and LoSH were good though
>>
>>
File: 00000.jpg (90KB, 574x830px) Image search: [Google]
00000.jpg
90KB, 574x830px
>>
>>94100724
TT is also what put him on the map
>>
>>94099134
>Shaner
It'll be nice for the two or three issues he's able to do before falling behind.
>>
>>94099685
Everything from Shooter's first run until maybe the Bierbaums. All of Reboot. Avoid Threeboot and Retroboot and Nu52.
>>
>>94099134
DC made a Fantastic Four? And everyone is Reed?
>>
>>94099407
The same way DC did when Marvel made Squadron Supreme and the Imperial Guard?
>>
Tinya is cute. CUTE!

Though she's likely responsible for the majority of the Legion's sexual harassment claims, so that makes it a bit awkward.
>>
>>94099812
Does that mean they are going to fight TO Morrow and his Morrobots? Maybe he will wear a red Morrow suit with cape and hood
>>
>>94101179
I mean if DC had stopped making JL comics then it would be comparable.
>>
>>94100148
Me too anon. I might actually cry if he makes the whole shebang canon again.
>>
>>94101394
Seriously. DC's cosmic stuff needs help badly. And how fitting would it be for the group that was formed because the GLs sucked at their job, coming back to save space from ringslinger incompetence once again.
>>
>>94100098
Fantastic Four WAS a dysfunctional family, getting into goofy SCIENCE adventures.
>>
>>94099407
If the sales on this book are fantastic, then yeah marvel's gonna legitimately freak.

This one book has gotten more interest and praise than the rest of DC's entire new line put together.
>>
>>94101541
I'm surprised they didn't show up while the GLs were stuck in that dimension before time a while ago, it felt like the perfect moment for them to show up and establish themselves
>>
>>94101848
Actually I think that's what that shitty Telos book was trying to do. It was around the same time, right?
>>
>>94101179
Not really comparable desu
DC never stopped making some kind of JL and DC doesn't hate LOSH nor do they refuse to have a book about neither due to corporate overlords being upset about not having rights
They stop having LOSH books when they sell like shit but they end up trying again later

This DC rubbing the fact that fans are begging for FF but marvel refuses to give it to them
Hell wouldn't be surprised if Lemire himself wanted to write FF but marvel wouldn't let him

If this sells well then marvel will have egg on their faces
>>
I actually can't get over how completely savage this is. What next, are the DChads gonna go trash the Marvel offices?
>>
>>94101891
It was. But shit, was Telos bad. I figured that they were trying to make a more perfect version of Vril with the Teche chick in it, but I have no idea how they thought they could have her carry a book like that since she lacked all of his negative qualities.
>>
>>94101848
For a bit I thought Venditti was going to do it in GL

I'm glad he didn't desu his DC work is very lackluster
>>
>>94101716
Dysfuntion is a spectrum.
There's a long stretch beyween grumpy Ben Grmm and bitter drugged up and drunk Grandma Mary Marvel, anon.
>>
>>94099134
This has the potential to be the best book in comics.

Only complaint I have is Plastic Man having a different color scheme.
>>
>>94099685
Basically everything from their debut until Giffen leaves.
>>
>>94099134
How is that Phantom Girl? The Legion don't even exist right now and even if they did they should be in the future.
>>
>>94102615
Why do you think they don't exist right now when Saturn Girl has been in comics for a year? They are just on a mission of some sort in the past.

But it's probably Phase.
>>
>>94102615
>doesn't even exist
Dude, there are at least like three or four different versions of them out there depending on how canon various earths are. They don't have an ongoing, that doesn't mean that they don't exist.
>>
>>94102615
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/888553414547787776
>>
>>94099134
I hope to god Lemire writes this more like Black Hammer then JLU and all the other mediocre team books he's written in the past. Otherwsie it's going to be a waste of talent
>>
>>94103506
How is Black Hammer? More specifically, is the art okay? Dean Ormston is really, really hit or miss.
>>
>>94103506
He's listed Lee/Kirby's FF and Moore's Tom Strong as influences, so it sounds like it's going to be pretty different from his past stuff.
>>
>>94103629
Black Hammer is good
I like the art ok
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.